Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Modern Day Racism? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Modern Day Racism? (958 Views)

The Exposition Of Modern Day Slavery / Is Modern Life Making Us Lonely? / Hired Helps In Nigeria, Modern Day Slavery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modern Day Racism? by bignero: 7:11pm On Jul 23, 2007
due to the kind of place i wrk, i happen to wrk with inadians aswell as brits, now naira landers y is it that these peps find it hard to respond to people (we nigerians) when they are greet them.this happens all the time angry whom do they think they are  or are we givin room room for racism in our back yard, we all need 2 react we are actually suppeior to these people, y'all comment wink
Re: Modern Day Racism? by noelebuk: 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2007
where do you work?
Re: Modern Day Racism? by TayoD(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2007
@big nero,

we are actually suppeior to these people
This statement suggests you are no better than the people you want to correct! Or do you feel uneasy because they mirror your exact image?!
Re: Modern Day Racism? by bignero: 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2007
noelebuk:

where do you work?

I WRK @ D UK VISA APPLICATION CENTER

@TAYO D,
OK POINT OF CORRECTION "THEY ARE NOT SUPPERIOR TO US" grin HAPPY NOW? I THOT SO 2
Re: Modern Day Racism? by BlackMamba(m): 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2007
You seem to be a "busy-body". Why don't you mind your business and do your job. You sell yourself short courting people for approval, and ending up insulted. Indians, for crying out loud.
Re: Modern Day Racism? by angel101(f): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2007
@ poster
stop greeting them. shikena!
Re: Modern Day Racism? by Eiregirl(f): 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ big nero

To me you sound like the one who is racist! Why must one race be superior to the other angry
Re: Modern Day Racism? by Barrackboy(m): 11:33pm On Jul 25, 2007
My brother you are just developing headache over nothing. It's not in their culture to greet the way we Africans greet. Ignoring your greetings does not mean that they hate you, they just didn't grow up like we did. Just let them be and continue to do your work. For example, we Nigerians can shake hands 2million times in a day with the same person but if you try to shake hands with a Frenchman a second time same day, he would tell you that he already gave you a handshake. Exceptions to this, are the ones that have gotten used to our naija style. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Admin Closed Chapter On Nairaland Party / Where Is Jennykadry? / Showing More Topics Under 'Recent Posts'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.