Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. (1140 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. / How To Prevent The Boy Child From Sexual Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by KidsUnsaid(f): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
Sexual abuse at any age is devastating but dealing with sexual abuse especially by a family member at childhood can be horrifying. The victim is at the mercy of their abuser.
Usually, children who have their family members as abusers tend to be abused for longer periods of time because they first of all are in the same space as their abuser living room to threaten and monitor every of their activities. What drives a family member to prey on their own is what I still do not understand.
You could watch something like "I was my dad's sex slave" or siblings speak about their Father's sexual abuse" every now and then on the news.
The devastating effect of this act on the victim can be for a life time especially when there is a significant link to the abuser like a father, mother, brother, sister.
My sexual abuse by a family member story literally comes back fresh to my mind whenever I see this person even after a long time. It's so hard getting over sexual abuse by a family member.
So,I only have memories of my childhood sexual molestation only when I got older between 8-10 years of age. I cannot state when the abuse started because I don't remember. The events I remember are so fresh and clear. I remember nights when I had to lock my room when my mum was at work on duties as a nurse and Midwife at the time. He would come banging the door so hard asking me to open the door and threatening me. There was this particular day I didn't realize on time that my parents had gone out and I didn't know where everyone else was at. All I know is he came as usual and I struggled so hard and got weak at some point.Why this pain remains vivid till date, it was an anal sex. It was the most painful experience. I was not up to 10 years.

The truth is I feel I have forgiven this person yeah, but every time we speak on the phone or I meet him, I feel a sudden anger and shame... I have to sincerely say that I have had to admit to myself that it is better I give him space to heal properly.
Sexual abuse in the family is really really horrible.
Sexual abuse survivors have to deal with the pain, memories of the events, telling other family members especially when the abuser is unsuspecting is another hurdle they have to deal with. In most cases like in Africa, the family is most concerned about their reputation before the victim.
The truth is, like cancer, handling all of this at childhood only destroys the child more.
I remember how my after opening up to my parents shortly before I turned 18 made things worse for me.
For goodness, I had struggled through with nightmares and the after effect of my childhood sexual molestation for long and got tired. While my mum cried and blamed herself, my dad was concerned about how no one must find out or else no one would marry a filth.

The truth is, there are no physical signs of people who have been abused at childhood by family members, but there are too many people carrying big wounds of sexual molestation by family members.
Victims are emotionally drained, mentally haunted knowing that someone so close to them are walking the earth free after inflicting a lifetime of pain on them.

Sometimes, opening up about their childhood molestation have led to problems in the family and then they begin to deal with resentment from other family members. The trauma of sexual abuse by a family member is deep enough. Please help a family member to heal today.

My name is Ochanya D'mprez and this is KIDS UNSAID.

[url]. Please Subscribe To My YouTube Channel Here: https://youtube.com/c/OCHANYADMPREZ

If You Need Someone To Talk To, You Can Reach Me Now! https://paystack.com/buy/talk-therapy-wjmlcy [/url]

2 Likes

Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by Truvelisback(m): 8:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
KidsUnsaid:
Sexual abuse at any age is devastating but dealing with sexual abuse especially by a family member at childhood can be horrifying. The victim is at the mercy of their abuser.
Usually, children who have their family members as abusers tend to be abused for longer periods of time because they first of all are in the same space as their abuser living room to threaten and monitor every of their activities. What drives a family member to prey on their own is what I still do not understand.
You could watch something like "I was my dad's sex slave" or siblings speak about their Father's sexual abuse" every now and then on the news.
The devastating effect of this act on the victim can be for a life time especially when there is a significant link to the abuser like a father, mother, brother, sister.
My sexual abuse by a family member story literally comes back fresh to my mind whenever I see this person even after a long time. It's so hard getting over sexual abuse by a family member.
So,I only have memories of my childhood sexual molestation only when I got older between 8-10 years of age. I cannot state when the abuse started because I don't remember. The events I remember are so fresh and clear. I remember nights when I had to lock my room when my mum was at work on duties as a nurse and Midwife at the time. He would come banging the door so hard asking me to open the door and threatening me. There was this particular day I didn't realize on time that my parents had gone out and I didn't know where everyone else was at. All I know is he came as usual and I struggled so hard and got weak at some point.Why this pain remains vivid till date, it was an anal sex. It was the most painful experience. I was not up to 10 years.

The truth is I feel I have forgiven this person yeah, but every time we speak on the phone or I meet him, I feel a sudden anger and shame... I have to sincerely say that I have had to admit to myself that it is better I give him space to heal properly.
Sexual abuse in the family is really really horrible.
Sexual abuse survivors have to deal with the pain, memories of the events, telling other family members especially when the abuser is unsuspecting is another hurdle they have to deal with. In most cases like in Africa, the family is most concerned about their reputation before the victim.
The truth is, like cancer, handling all of this at childhood only destroys the child more.
I remember how my after opening up to my parents shortly before I turned 18 made things worse for me.
For goodness, I had struggled through with nightmares and the after effect of my childhood sexual molestation for long and got tired. While my mum cried and blamed herself, my dad was concerned about how no one must find out or else no one would marry a filth.

The truth is, there are no physical signs of people who have been abused at childhood by family members, but there are too many people carrying big wounds of sexual molestation by family members.
Victims are emotionally drained, mentally haunted knowing that someone so close to them are walking the earth free after inflicting a lifetime of pain on them.

Sometimes, opening up about their childhood molestation have led to problems in the family and then they begin to deal with resentment from other family members. The trauma of sexual abuse by a family member is deep enough. Please help a family member to heal today.

My name is Ochanya D'mprez and this is KIDS UNSAID.
Sadly, fathers who were expected to protect their daughters are now the ones sexually abusing their daughters.

1 Like

Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by Franzinni: 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
See I can't imagine what you went through, I have daughters and God sees my heart, I can kill without remorse for them, so to even think of this kind of thing happening is beyond me ...

Sometimes to heal properly you have to let the abuser carry the load because if not it will weigh you down. He literally stole your childhood and you say you still dey see am ... If nah me I for done get my pound and it will be a steak ! But we all deal with things differently ... madam I hail you for talking about it ...

Remember this ... Your past is gone, your present is now your future is what YOU make of it ...don't give that animal one more second of your future as baggage, let it go so you can invite new things to fill up that sad space you do not need... shine bright, use pain as rocket fuel... The universe is yours!

4 Likes

Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by Missionaire: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
Two days ago, I entered into a conversation with a young pretty lady in her late teens.
We've been talking for a while and then two days ago, I told her what I observed about her.
I observed the following:
1. She acts carefree not because she wants to but because she believes no one cares about her.
2. She acts in manner that shows she doesn't love herself. She blames herself for men sexual attraction to her.
3. She lives her life to please people and doesn't value herself.
And lots more....

She then opened up to me about how she has been sexually molested by a cousin, drugged and raped by a guy in cooperation with her friend and numerous other degrading and abusive acts towards her which were sexual, mental and physical.

I felt so sad... So so sad.
People who sexually abuse people are animals. They are horrible.
Tueh!

I will write on rape as my thesis.

3 Likes

Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by Ogamysamo: 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
KidsUnsaid:

take heart oyineh, the lord is your strength. but try harder to get over it better cos rememberin it migh hurt you possibly more than it might had previously hurt u b4

1 Like

Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by KidsUnsaid(f): 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
Your observation is totally correct!
So many adults male and female have untold stories. Some have results in pregnancies kept away by [/b]the families for sake of stigmatization. [b]
[b][/b]
Truvelisback:
Sadly, fathers who were expected to protect their daughters are now the ones sexually abusing their daughters.
Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by KidsUnsaid(f): 8:47pm On Oct 13, 2021
Franzinni:
See I can't imagine what you went through, I have daughters and God sees my heart, I can kill without remorse for them, so to even think of this kind of thing happening is beyond me ...

Sometimes to heal properly you have to let the abuser carry the load because if not it will weigh you down. He literally stole your childhood and you say you still dey see am ... If nah me I for done get my pound and it will be a steak ! But we all deal with things differently ... madam I hail you for talking about it ...

Remember this ... Your past is gone, your present is now your future is what YOU make of it ...don't give that animal one more second of your future as baggage, let it go so you can invite new things to fill up that sad space you do not need... shine bright, use pain as rocket fuel... The universe is yours!

You have no idea how soothing your words are. Thank you so much.
I hope this possibly explain my actions...
The truth is, going through all kinds of abuse in my childhood has taught me that if I refuse to forgive and try to heal consciously, I'm only allowing my abuser have an upper hand.
Plus God is helping me, maybe if I didn't go through what I went through, I wouldn't be here meeting amazing people as you.
There's a new content up on my YouTube channel soonest about GOING THROUGH UNFORGIVENESS. Maybe you will understand how hard it is to bear the burden of unforgiveness. Thanks sooooooo much for your comment.
You may find the link here: [url]. https://youtube.com/c/OCHANYADMPREZ [/url]

1 Like

Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by KidsUnsaid(f): 8:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
Missionaire:
Two days ago, I entered into a conversation with a young pretty lady in her late teens.
We've been talking for a while and then two days ago, I told her what I observed about her.
I observed the following:
1. She acts carefree not because she wants to but because she believes no one cares about her.
2. She acts in manner that shows she doesn't love herself. She blames herself for men sexual attraction to her.
3. She lives her life to please people and doesn't value herself.
And lots more....

She then opened up to me about how she has been sexually molested by a cousin, drugged and raped by a guy in cooperation with her friend and numerous other degrading and abusive acts towards her which were sexual, mental and physical.

I felt so sad... So so sad.
People who sexually abuse people are animals. They are horrible.
Tueh!

I will write on rape as my thesis.

Oh my God, I had to share this with my mum.
I could tell you are an observant person. I have to say you must have shown her that she could trust you to be able to open up to you.
God bless you sincerely.
You have no idea what talking does to a victim of an abused person.
I love that you intend to write about this, and I genuinely pray that God would raise more concerned individuals as you to help out.
I wish you all the best. Your comment means so much.
Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by Franzinni: 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2021
KidsUnsaid:

You have no idea how soothing your words are. Thank you so much.
I hope this possibly explain my actions...
The truth is, going through all kinds of abuse in my childhood has taught me that if I refuse to forgive and try to heal consciously, I'm only allowing my abuser have an upper hand.
Plus God is helping me, maybe if I didn't go through what I went through, I wouldn't be here meeting amazing people as you.
There's a new content up on my YouTube channel soonest about GOING THROUGH UNFORGIVENESS. Maybe you will understand how hard it is to bear the burden of unforgiveness. Thanks sooooooo much for your comment.
You may find the link here: [url]. https://youtube.com/c/OCHANYADMPREZ [/url]
nice to see you have a positive outlook on things ... life is all about perspectives and I like your perspective on the matter, may God who created you to be among the living, guide and bring you to fulfill his total purpose for your life. Amen you are blessed and a blessing ... shine bright! I will check the YouTube channel out ... have a wonderful evening and a spirit filled life ..in Jesus Mighty Name Amen.

1 Like

Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by KidsUnsaid(f): 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ogamysamo:

take heart oyineh, the lord is your strength. but try harder to get over it better cos rememberin it migh hurt you possibly more than it might had previously hurt u b4

Aw www�� sincerely gladdens my heart to have an oyine respond to my post.
Thanks a lot.
Thanks for your prayers too, God is helping me...
Please take care of you and you can check out my YouTube channel for my contents too.
[url]. https://youtube.com/c/OCHANYADMPREZ [/url]
Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by Missionaire: 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
KidsUnsaid:

Oh my God, I had to share this with my mum.
I could tell you are an observant person. I have to say you must have shown her that she could trust you to be able to open up to you.
God bless you sincerely.
You have no idea what talking does to a victim of an abused person.
I love that you intend to write about this, and I genuinely pray that God would raise more concerned individuals as you to help out.
I wish you all the best. Your comment means so much.

I just pray that victims find healing.

One of the ways to heal is by talking about it.
I told her that she can talk and I will listen.

When we pay attention to what people say, we can hear not just what they say, but also what they could not say.... and why.....

My regards your mom.
Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by KidsUnsaid(f): 3:26am On Oct 14, 2021
Franzinni:
nice to see you have a positive outlook on things ... life is all about perspectives and I like your perspective on the matter, may God who created you to be among the living, guide and bring you to fulfill his total purpose for your life. Amen you are blessed and a blessing ... shine bright! I will check the YouTube channel out ... have a wonderful evening and a spirit filled life ..in Jesus Mighty Name Amen.

AMEN!!!
God bless you immensely too!
Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by KidsUnsaid(f): 3:28am On Oct 14, 2021
Missionaire:

I just pray that victims find healing.

One of the ways to heal is by talking about it.
I told her that she can talk and I will listen.

When we pay attention to what people say, we can hear not just what they say, but also what they could not say.... and why.....

My regards your mom.

You sure understand this thing perfectly.
Thanks a lot!
Will extend my regards
Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by Ogamysamo: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2021
KidsUnsaid:

Aw www�� sincerely gladdens my heart to have an oyine respond to my post.
Thanks a lot.
Thanks for your prayers too, God is helping me...
Please take care of you and you can check out my YouTube channel for my contents too.
[url]. https://youtube.com/c/OCHANYADMPREZ [/url]
More Greese To Your Elbow Oyin'olam. The Lord Is Your Strength. My Your Words And Advice Be Of Help Unto Others. And May It Make Assaults Of Any Kind Ashame Of Themself To Repentance
Re: Childhood Sexual Abuse By A Family Member. by KidsUnsaid(f): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2021
Ogamysamo:
More Greese To Your Elbow Oyin'olam. The Lord Is Your Strength. My Your Words And Advice Be Of Help Unto Others. And May It Make Assaults Of Any Kind Ashame Of Themself To Repentance

AMEN, GOD BLESS YOU IMMENSELY!!
I APPRECIATE

(1) (Reply)

Why You Must Avoid Quarreling / Strange But True / What Is Your Native Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.