Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) (42840 Views)

Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts / Man Attempts Jumping Down From A Mast In Lagos / 5G Network: Can It Cause Cancer or COVID-19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Vintage94(m): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
Yes. Electromagnetic waves are mutagenic so they can cause mutations that may lead to cancer
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Perfectman91: 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
VBCampaign:

No.

Radiation from telecommunication masts are NON IONIZING.

It radiation from radioactive materials, like Radium, Cobalt 60, etc, that are ionizing.

This information is coming from someone with a Masters Degree in Radiation Protection and Physics.

What about high radiation phones like techno & infinix (just like someone said above) do they cause cancer?
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by peacettw: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nelidee:
I saw a former neighbor who packed few months ago. He said the main reason why he packed is because of a newly built network mast close to our building. He said living close to a network mast can give you cancer.

Is this true?

Not entirely untrue. It has long been speculated that it causes cancer. Best to stay away from them.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by lookingfly: 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nelidee:
I saw a former neighbor who packed few months ago. He said the main reason why he packed is because of a newly built network mast close to our building. He said living close to a network mast can give you cancer.

Is this true?
chochochocho........ If you like believe those god of men saying 5G causes covid-19 abi na anti Christ sef.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by MT: 8:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
Cause of cancer is UNKNOWN.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by lastchild: 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
MrrGary:
The way some people dey strongly believe in superstitions dey marvel me...

Anyway, maybe prophet Righteousness fit throw more light for us..

Make it very short plsss sir tongue
what if you Oyinbo come out tomorrow to tell us that it's true, will it still be superstitious?
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Geeman2006: 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2021
Longsleeve:
Long term exposure is harmful..

Misinformation. When it comes to telecom mast, nothing has been proven yet.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nelidee:

Is this true?

It depends on the Network Provider. Is it Glo, Airtel, MTN or 9mobile ??

Some networks cause cancer while some prevent cancer.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Innobee99(m): 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nelidee:

Is this true?
This one na end time Mast ooooo

Looks different
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Valuc: 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2021
People dey live under high tension... Somebody shop dey near transformer ... People lease a portion of there compound to telecom to mount mast .. dawan dey complain of cancer.... And if u check well the man dey smoke o
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Henergee(m): 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2021
YungTemy:
One cool Sunday evening, after smoking a huge fat blunt of kwale weed that a very good friend of mine had purchased all the way from Delta state when he came visiting few days back. I stepped out of my house, reckless... in search of something to do. I was filled with so much inspiration, most especially from the days church service I had attended in the morning. My Pastor was spitting fire... good Lord. I literally couldn't count the amount of times I stood up "kabashing" and wholeheartedly screaming at the top of my voice... "Ride on Pastor!!", "Papa, the Holy Spirit is in you", "Papa finish me with inspiration". I was filled. I can still recall my pastor saying... "Brethren, You can be anything you want to be..., believe in yourself,.... just believe in yourself and you can reach any height you desire. Remember God loves you. And that was how I did the unthinkable.

I looked left and right, only for me to take notice the old rusty tall GLO mast that had been in front of my house for ages, abandon. Mumu me began to think recklessly. "Too much Inspiration fit loose guard person sometimes o". The Kwale weed accompanied with my pastors inspiration decided to take me to a much higher realm..... much more higher than I've ever been. I decided to climb the mast.

For the next 5 minutes, My brothers and Sisters, I was still climbing. Well, I got to the top eventually but... nah there the wahala to come down for start. I was at the peak of the mast and I couldn't come down. The Kwale weed loose guard me. I con dey see double when I tried to look down. To cry for help con become wahala. Cold catch me.... I no go ever forget that day.

Wahala! Kontinu, until you enter army barracks and try to drive their armour carrier away.

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Hahjascho(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
Prevention is better than cure.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Thoughty2(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
sonnie10:
There are two types of electromagnetic radiation. Ionizing and non-ionizing radiation. The heat intensity when radiation meets with body tissue makes the difference in biological interaction. One analogy often used is to compare shooting with a bow and arrow with shooting with bazzoker. The difference in impact is clear. Whereas high intensity radiation would have pronounce effect on tissue, low intensity radiation when deposited on skin tissue does not have such immediate effect. Also, it depends on the type of tissue itself.
Those masts produce radiomagnetic waves with low frequency so they are consider non-ionizing radiation.

Now, remember that one effective way to protect against radiation is distance from the source of protection. Therefore in most residential areas, consideration is made in terms of building setbacks.

You may want to know what actually happens when people are exposed to radiation. Two things, immediate effect (deterministic) and long term effect (Stochastic effect). The concern in this discussion would be centered on stochastic effect because there is no immediate effect of radiation such as seen in high energy exposure.

Different tissue have different ability to absorb radiation (this is known as Skin Depth ). So, low intensity radiation do not have enough energy to separate electrons from atoms or break molecular bond that bind DNA. This is the main point of this matter. One example is the Microwave used at homes. Heat is produced by agitation of molecule by low intensity radiation causing the food to heat up. This why Microwaves are classified as non-ionizing radiation source. Ask yourself, do you want such in your body?

Cancer is a kind of mutation caused by disruption in DNA sequence. The molecular bond must be broken by an energy that is strong enough to do so when it is absorbed by the tissue. Does non-ionizing radiation have such energy?

A part from cancer, also think about this, other parts of the human body like the lens of the eyes, your epithelial linings and even the skin of new born are sensitive to radiation. Therefore, they would react differently. There are conditions like cataracts and erythema which are specific to these sensitive tissues.
Basically, three things to do for protection
Distance -Follow the setback code for building
Time - Reduce the time spent near radiation source
Shielding - The companies must contain the radiation by use of physical barriers when constructing this equipment.

I like people like this
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Limassol(m): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
drennie:
From epidemiologic research, persons living in places where telecommunication masts are erected are vulnerable to disorders like cancer, lung diseases, sleep disturbances and even physical disabilities; though according to WHO research, there are no current scientific proofs of health hazards associated with Telecom towers. That last line is usually what the Telecommunication companies usually propagates to cover their track. Living close to Telecom mast is suicidal.
The radiofrequency radiation from telecom masts is non-ionising while even the sun UVR is categorised as ionising. Do you understand what this means?
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by mayskit4luv(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2021
Stochastic effect of radiation.... It is hazardous on the long run.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Gfskw: 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2021
No
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by SATANlST: 11:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bola146:
grin I don't think so. There are many people living beside it for a long time.
some times , may una dey shut up

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Funflipper: 11:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nelidee:

Is this true?

You better follow the leader and take off as well. Long term exposure to all that radiation can cause a whole lot of shit.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Rajahbite(m): 1:01am On Oct 09, 2021
Na Telecom masts you dey fear?
The exhaust fumes alone you inhale on a daily is enough to cancerise your whole body and the entire Nigerians join. Dey dia dey worry, no go find wetin you go chop before sapa first cancer come knock for ya dormot.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by cedricksly: 5:52am On Oct 09, 2021
MrrGary:

which superstition? Go and read the contract agreement of those network mast with the owner of the houses close to the mast which they paid hugely. They are advised to use the huge money paid to them to relocate to a better location because longtime exposure to the radiation produced by the mast is injurious to health... But most people with their ojukokoro go collect money and still dey the premises..
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by zedman1(m): 5:57am On Oct 09, 2021
There's a mast close to one of my sites and on it is written a caution that over exposure to the radiation over long periods could lead to health problems. As na dem write am and since na dem mount am and dem be experts in that field... I believe.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by zedman1(m): 6:01am On Oct 09, 2021
MrrGary:

Superstition? You know the meaning of superstition so bro? Go close to any mast and read. There's always a caution sign.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Silentgroper(m): 6:57am On Oct 09, 2021
Starboytwo:
At all.
Na to enjoy light remain.
One airtel mass dey a lil bit close to us. Bt we no dey get light na. Wetin dey sup.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Silentgroper(m): 7:04am On Oct 09, 2021
MT:
Cause of cancer is UNKNOWN.
heat up ur food wit a plastic in an micro-wave nd see wat happens.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Silentgroper(m): 7:14am On Oct 09, 2021
lastchild:
what if you Oyinbo come out tomorrow to tell us that it's true, will it still be superstitious?
Atleast oyinbo dey always mke deep research of things b4 dem start to dey yarn anyhow.

bt us, na hear say we go dey carry around like mumu. Upon d professors wey we get.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by namedo: 7:49am On Oct 09, 2021
Inspiration gotten from weed can make you kiss transformer thinking you are kissing your girlfriend one day. Smoke more weed and enjoy your fantasy.
YungTemy:
One cool Sunday evening, after smoking a huge fat blunt of kwale weed that a very good friend of mine had purchased all the way from Delta state when he came visiting few days back. I stepped out of my house, reckless... in search of something to do. I was filled with so much inspiration, most especially from the days church service I had attended in the morning. My Pastor was spitting fire... good Lord. I literally couldn't count the amount of times I stood up "kabashing" and wholeheartedly screaming at the top of my voice... "Ride on Pastor!!", "Papa, the Holy Spirit is in you", "Papa finish me with inspiration". I was filled. I can still recall my pastor saying... "Brethren, You can be anything you want to be..., believe in yourself,.... just believe in yourself and you can reach any height you desire. Remember God loves you. And that was how I did the unthinkable.

I looked left and right, only for me to take notice the old rusty tall GLO mast that had been in front of my house for ages, abandon. Mumu me began to think recklessly. "Too much Inspiration fit loose guard person sometimes o". The Kwale weed accompanied with my pastors inspiration decided to take me to a much higher realm..... much more higher than I've ever been. I decided to climb the mast.

For the next 5 minutes, My brothers and Sisters, I was still climbing. Well, I got to the top eventually but... nah there the wahala to come down for start. I was at the peak of the mast and I couldn't come down. The Kwale weed loose guard me. I con dey see double when I tried to look down. To cry for help con become wahala. Cold catch me.... I no go ever forget that day.

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by udeh3(m): 8:07am On Oct 09, 2021
Nelidee:

Is this true?

Electromagnetic radiations are very powerful. The radiation from a base station over time can be very harmful. In setting of these stations, compensations has been made to cover this hazards. The issue is our lack of proper education on radiation

A telecom mast close to your house is derimental to your health. It can cause Cancer.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by enemyofprogress: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2021
It is dangerous and harmful living very close to it
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by caesymore(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
Nelidee:

Is this true?

I hear it causes cancer, well I have not confirm first because In our neighborhood some family just sold a piece of land to one blue mast company, If you can give me time to monitor the family for something I believe I will come up with an advice on this.
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2021
Lol
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by collinometricx: 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2021
YungTemy:

Long time bro
Re: Telecom Mast: Can This Cause Cancer? (Photo) by YungTemy(m): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2021
collinometricx:

Long time bro

Yooo! Brother.
Been awhile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HERBS For Permanent Cure For STAMMERING/STUTTERING / My Daily Plight With Flies / 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Beer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.