Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

No Reason For Ayoola’s Killing Streaks In Oyinkan Braithwaite's Novel- Queenitee - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / No Reason For Ayoola’s Killing Streaks In Oyinkan Braithwaite's Novel- Queenitee (466 Views)

Happy Birthday Queenitee / Nigerian Authors, Oyinkan Braithwaite & Diana Evans, Shortlisted For 2019 Women' / Oyinkan Braithwaite For International Women's Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Reason For Ayoola’s Killing Streaks In Oyinkan Braithwaite's Novel- Queenitee by Divepen1(m): 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
No Reason For Ayoola’s Killing Streaks in Oyinkan Braithwaite's Novel, "My Sister the Serial Killer"- Queenitee

The book revolves majorly around two sisters. The older sister, Korede was a nurse who lives protecting her sister Ayoola who was a serial killer, her first victim had been when she was seventeen.

Korede was every bit of a supportive sister, who would always clean up after her sister. She comes off as being torn between frustration and the need to protect her sister. A part of her wanted to protect her sister for the trauma they went through in the hands of their father and a part of her want to shake her sister up to realize life would not always go the way you want it.
Korede comes off as someone who would give her happiness to help her sister get out of trouble and go to any length to protect her sister.

She was gentle, loving, supportive, caring and somehow frustrated at her sister’s inability to see herself for who she was or admit it.

Ayoola is a very beautiful girl who gets almost everything she wants and believes men want her for her face and beauty alone. She can be sweet, gentle and innocent on purpose, but she comes off as a psychopath who tends to kill her victim out of anger/sexual abuse.

Also, she tends to feel no remorse for what she did and sees herself as the victim. She comes off as someone suffering from a mental illness that even she does not know

The two sisters are very supportive of one another and would do anything to protect each other leaving behind whatever reservations they might have about each other.

My Review

Generally, the book has a nice plot, very nice theme but I felt like it could have been more developed. Ayoola was a serial killer, but the plot didn’t give more room to identifying why she was a serial killer, the emotion and battlers she had to deal with. The book gave her insight to perhaps her father being the reason for her trauma as she took his knife after his death, but there was no deep place in the plot where very strong insights were given to her father and how she comes across as being a serial killer.??

https://wiki.writertainpublishers.com/2021/10/08/no-reason-for-ayoolas-killing-streaks-in-oyinkan-braiwths-my-sister-the-serial-killer-oyebisi-oyelami/

2 Likes

Re: No Reason For Ayoola’s Killing Streaks In Oyinkan Braithwaite's Novel- Queenitee by queenitee(f): 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
Divepen1:
No Reason For Ayoola’s Killing Streaks in Oyinkan Braithwaite's Novel, "My Sister the Serial Killer"- Queenitee

The book revolves majorly around two sisters. The older sister, Korede was a nurse who lives protecting her sister Ayoola who was a serial killer, her first victim had been when she was seventeen.

Korede was every bit of a supportive sister, who would always clean up after her sister. She comes off as being torn between frustration and the need to protect her sister. A part of her wanted to protect her sister for the trauma they went through in the hands of their father and a part of her want to shake her sister up to realize life would not always go the way you want it.
Korede comes off as someone who would give her happiness to help her sister get out of trouble and go to any length to protect her sister.

She was gentle, loving, supportive, caring and somehow frustrated at her sister’s inability to see herself for who she was or admit it.

Ayoola is a very beautiful girl who gets almost everything she wants and believes men want her for her face and beauty alone. She can be sweet, gentle and innocent on purpose, but she comes off as a psychopath who tends to kill her victim out of anger/sexual abuse.

Also, she tends to feel no remorse for what she did and sees herself as the victim. She comes off as someone suffering from a mental illness that even she does not know

The two sisters are very supportive of one another and would do anything to protect each other leaving behind whatever reservations they might have about each other.

My Review

Generally, the book has a nice plot, very nice theme but I felt like it could have been more developed. Ayoola was a serial killer, but the plot didn’t give more room to identifying why she was a serial killer, the emotion and battlers she had to deal with. The book gave her insight to perhaps her father being the reason for her trauma as she took his knife after his death, but there was no deep place in the plot where very strong insights were given to her father and how she comes across as being a serial killer.??

https://wiki.writertainpublishers.com/2021/10/08/no-reason-for-ayoolas-killing-streaks-in-oyinkan-braiwths-my-sister-the-serial-killer-oyebisi-oyelami/
Exactly �

1 Like

Re: No Reason For Ayoola’s Killing Streaks In Oyinkan Braithwaite's Novel- Queenitee by Johntitus: 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2021
Divepen1:

My Review

https://wiki.writertainpublishers.com/2021/10/08/no-reason-for-ayoolas-killing-streaks-in-oyinkan-braiwths-my-sister-tyhe-serial-killer-oyebisi-oyelami/

Same thing I thought too.
Re: No Reason For Ayoola’s Killing Streaks In Oyinkan Braithwaite's Novel- Queenitee by queenitee(f): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
Johntitus:

Same thing I thought too.
smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

How I Found Out My Big Lips Are The Sexiest Parts Of My Body. / My Poem "Hard To Crack" Have Made It To The Top At Poemhunter / Nigerian Chess Book By Jawolusi Oluwaseun ~ Foreword Written By Tunde Onakoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.