Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,890 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? (1498 Views)

Is It Okay For My Two Brothers To Marry Women From The Same Family? / Is It Okay To Let Your Fiancée Know Your Monthly Salary Range? / Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Were you flogged same way ?

For instance, my mom flogged us like we were terrorists while growing up. She flogged us so much, you’d never believe we could survive living with her lol but it was out of love.

I was flogged when i was younger, but it stopped s i grew older.
Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

How many times did your mum brutalize you for taking meat?

Good point.
Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by cooooooks(m): 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
https://www.naptip.gov.ng/

Nigerian Agency that tackles Human Trafficking, child slavery etc.

Hismasterpiece:

Which one is NAPTIP again?
Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by Hismasterpiece(m): 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
cooooooks:
https://www.naptip.gov.ng/

Nigerian Agency that tackles Human Trafficking, child slavery etc.

Lol.. it is not that bad na why should i report her to NAPTIP
Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by cooooooks(m): 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
It is.

Hismasterpiece:

Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
Chidorx60:

Guy you people should shut it abeg,
Bunch of self righteous wannabis..

The only wrongdoing here is the frequency of the canning,
This young maid is obviously stubborn and has traces of greed which should be dealt with before she grows with it,

Stealing from the pot when she is well fed is greed common with kids of that age and should be handled even with flogging to ensure she doesn't grow with that trait of thievery,
Also how can a 13 year old knowing the pandemonium the loss of the phone she hid for days is causing,refuse to bring out but instead keeps it for herself,
That's selfish and a daring and stubborn mind,
She needs discipline .

Aside from that,she is well fed, schooled,housed ,clothed,
Here's a simple question for you to process and maybe answer for us. Is this girl you speak of a child slave or an employed help? undecided

Take time to process the meaning of the question so you can better response as a sane person would. undecided
Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Noted. Thanks.
You noted that the gal is a slave? undecided
Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:54am On Oct 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You noted that the gal is a slave? undecided

No
Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:54am On Oct 11, 2021
cooooooks:
It is.

No it ain't!!
Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by RonnyD: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2021
Your mom is evil not only for hiring a little child as househelp but also for putting her through this kid of abuse. Tho I don’t blame her, African parents are useless in general when it comes to these types of matters because that’s all they know. this country nor go better. Imagine beatings little child every morning.
Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by RonnyD: 11:38am On Oct 11, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Yes it is, but Nigeria na jungle that’s why you don’t think it’s bad. In any civilized country your mom would be in prison for this kind of issue. Nonsense. Hire an adult and tell your mom to treat them well and tell your dad to man up and speak out against these types of things rather than just being mute.
Re: Is It Okay To Beat Your House Help? by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:15am On Oct 12, 2021
RonnyD:

Yes it is, but Nigeria na jungle that’s why you don’t think it’s bad. In any civilized country your mom would be in prison for this kind of issue. Nonsense. Hire an adult and tell your mom to treat them well and tell your dad to man up and speak out against these types of things rather than just being mute.

Alright then, if you say so

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did You Feel When Your Baby Started Walking? / Your Partner's Messages / What an Abattoir In Lagos Nigeria looks like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.