Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day (35082 Views)

Woman Beats Up Her Boss With A Mop Stick For Sending Inappropriate Texts / Happy Teachers' Day / How I Got A Job For An Unadvertised Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Gentlerespect76: 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
ConnectPhones:
Response I got after sending Happy Teachers day to my dad. Local man is not an English teacher.

Wowwwww!!!!
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Kingdomb: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
I think its wrong to as parents gives life ..only God giveth life nah
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by basty: 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omo baba teacher olodo
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
ConnectPhones:
Response I got after sending Happy Teachers day to my dad. Local man is not an English teacher.
My dad does this to me all the time. Always correcting my grammar, he is a very intelligent person so I wouldn't blame him.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Testimony1988(m): 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hahahaha, funny dad, he's the type that wants to get the best from his children.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Gfskw: 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
Is he a teacher
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Valuc: 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
Na ur dad dey use those emoji? Abi e get wetin u no dey tell us
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by deavicky(m): 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
Served as both is where to be corrected because the man feels he is still serving. Except the man is late, then u can use "served" or you think is completely nolong useful to you.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by iTearHerToto: 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
parent gives not parents gives, parent is a singular noun. like pair of shoes, A pair is several entities
Stfu you know nun angry
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
Epidnugo2020 I just wanted to know how populous we are in the group and also in the cadre applied for, based on the matter on the thread. Are you from Ifo?
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Epidnugo2020: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
eniolaamos7:
Epidnugo2020 I just wanted to know how populous we are in the group and also in the cadre applied for, based on the matter on the thread. Are you from Ifo?

No

M from Ewekoro local govt...
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Agbalagbi2013: 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
I teacher is always a teacher. The grammatical error in the first paragraph brought out the teacher in him. "Old teacher" I guess never dies too
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by ebullient19(f): 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
It's the emojis for me
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by efeteb: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
Fake post. So you saved your father's name on your phone as ''popsy WhatsApp''

This is a pointer that you just coined this.

We move!
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by ConnectPhones(m): 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
Wholegeria:
@Op copy and send the following to him:

"Parents give us life and teachers teach us how to live it, but my dad serves both.

I only became conscious and aware of myself because of the investment of Mr. Anuma who never give up on me. Thank you." Thanks

Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Muyiwabiggy(m): 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
ConnectPhones:

He is correct nah. Ur statement "my dad served as both" is wrong cos he is still alive. The correct statement is "my dad serves as both". Abi is he still not Ur father? And he is also proving to be Ur teacher also. Ńa u be Olodo grin grin grin
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by ConnectPhones(m): 6:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
efeteb:
Fake post. So you saved your father's name on your phone as ''popsy WhatsApp''

This is a pointer that you just coined this.

We move!
that's my Popsy WhatsApp line. Not his main line
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Muyiwabiggy(m): 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
deavicky:
Served as both is where to be corrected because the man feels he is still serving. Except the man is late, then u can use "served" or you think is completely nolong useful to you.

Correct
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by okekekelechib(m): 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
Mr Anuma of Holy Ghost College Owerri.
My Teacher then.
Bia Kelechi don't disturb Sir Oji Ochi Eme Njo.
My regards Bro.

1 Like

Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by MSRA(m): 6:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
parent gives not parents gives, parent is a singular noun. like pair of shoes, A pair is several entities

Wrong! Parent can be used in the singular and plural. Its correct to say 'both my parents'
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Dhama5000(m): 6:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
Your dad is still serving not served
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by yanabasee2: 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
Corporate2020:

Local man, correct your English lexis and spelling " Many of us was y opportuned to grow up with educated parent" grin grin grin

Thank you....
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by yanabasee2: 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
Anakojum:

The word 'opportune' is not a verb so it doesn't have a past form or a present continuous form

Thank you....
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by yanabasee2: 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
yea I get but the dad ruined the happy moment.at least the father should have looked past the errors.appreciate the message at least

Its like coming to your house to give you a birthday gift and instead of appreciating the efforts,you complain about me coming to your house dressed in a particular way

Parents are parents....

A father will barely act emotional and would always want to be a father at any given time.... A mother will go out all emotional and look beyond mistakes..... Daddy always appreciate things differently... from the way mummies do...

1 Like

Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by elonmuskbaby: 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
yanabasee2:

Parents are parents....

A father will barely act emotional and would always want to be a father at any given time.... A mother will go out all emotional and look beyond mistakes..... Daddy always appreciate things differently... from the way mummies do...
well true that
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Jemmysax(m): 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
Lol, egbon still dey teach you sef.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by drphantom: 12:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Since he is not yet dead, the correct phrase should be “my dad serves as both”.

Served is past tense suggesting he is late.

Na why papa Dey vex be dat

ConnectPhones:
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by calcal: 3:37am On Oct 11, 2021
Why must someone use a foreign language to communicate with his parent?

papa and bikin no try jare
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by caesymore(m): 5:53am On Oct 11, 2021
Tohsynetita1:
Many aspects of English were not taught in Secondary School, if you know how simple diction and phonics are, you will marvel. It's only those who attended Montessori or British Schools that could notice, what Nigeria Education system does for English Language is, open your textbook, read comprehension page bla bla, answer it and submit. That was what I did in my school for almost 10 years of English Language. I knew difference between ordinary it's and its when I wanted to write Jamb. In short, English Language syllabus needs to be reviewed. Ordinary comma can change English language sentence meaning.

T for Tohsynetita1

T for Teacher this one go cane you die if you jonse. grin
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Paulpak34(m): 6:20am On Oct 11, 2021
Try to study rules of concord
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by Jimmy231: 7:00am On Oct 11, 2021
jayworld15:
First correction is: Parents give us (because both parents are included).

Second correction is: my dad serves (because you're still in the present. Since you're not talking about the past, "serves" should replace "served." Your father is still alive; he is not dead).
oga parent is a sungular noun and a singular verbs will follow so it’s parent gives. U no even know anything self and u they correct person.
Re: Response I Got After Sending Happy Teachers Day by tonididdy(m): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2021
ConnectPhones:
Parents "give" not gives... Life is a one time gift, you only give it once.
Serves not served seing that he isn't retired or dead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GLO Sack Letter Based On Marital Status (Photo) / .. / Adeola Fayehun Resigns From Sahara Reporters After 6 Years (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.