Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) (68038 Views)

Idara Gold: Lady Celebrates Her Birthday In Biafra Outfit, Gets Arrested / Nollywood Chiwetalu Agu Arrested For Wearing Biafra Clothes- Pics / DSS, Police, Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Sunday Igboho — FFK (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by kkonyeji(m): 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
which checkpoint? People wey don turn gatemen for civilians

..and errand boys

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Omeizadean(m): 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
Coly2012:
There will carry people and get tired.

But they wouldn't carry a coward like u
Because u re only a keyboard warrior.
Shey u don't know where army checkpoint dey make u waltze in wearing biafra flag?
Abi make i give u direction?
U want others to keep showing act of bravery for the same course u believe in stupidly while u stay behind ur phone and egg them on
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Pyroex(m): 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
ZUBY77:

Very shameless indeed

Zubby longest time bro
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Jamesbiodun(m): 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
Seriously Nigeria army are coward
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Omazik: 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
Biafra is an identity, no amount of force and intimidation can kill it. Actions like this will only fuel the spirit behind it.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by SarkinYarki: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2021
Walkee:
shame dey catch me for this people. This was exactly how clowns pretending to be Efcc turned Naira Marley to a demi god for absolute no reason.

My point exactly .infact when I was typing I had the Naira Marley episode on my mind

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Emma1Oj(m): 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2021
BKayy:

Shameless Man. Na for woman body them dey see una.

That was why when your fellow Men in the Biafran military were fighting you Terrorists in the front lines, You Coward Nigerians were busy starving women and Children.

If they ask the two sides to show their legacy in the Biafran war,
Biafrans will show pictures of their bravery in front lines while Coward Nigeria show pictures of starved Biafran women and Children.
you talk like a leader or a die hard fan of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by ubimagos: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2021
Nigeria self don too suffer. This one too say na Nigeria put her for this condition. Nothing Musa no go see for gate for this ipob matter!
loveth360:
God bless land of rising sun....
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by nikz(f): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2021
akpa666:
your foolishness is something else cool

Abeg click ignore button. This week we read how male and female bandits rode on a carmel and went about on a killing spree one quarter army we didn't see chasing them. Their power is in SE

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by cyberdurable(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2021
BKayy:

Shameless Man. Na for woman body them dey see una.

That was why when your fellow Men in the Biafran military were fighting you Terrorists in the front lines, You Coward Nigerians were busy starving women and Children.

If they ask the two sides to show their legacy in the Biafran war,
Biafrans will show pictures of their bravery in front lines while Coward Nigeria show pictures of starved Biafran women and Children.
savagery
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by nikz(f): 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
nikz:

Abeg click ignore button. This week we read how male and female bandits rode on a carmel and went on a killing spree one quarter army we didn't see chasing them. Their power is in SE
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by RPG2020(m): 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
helinues:

See, let me tell you what some of you guys don't actually aware of or know, those things you called stubbornness are simply foolishness.

Know that and have peace

No freedom without blood grin

Very soon you are welcome to Biafra island �️
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Caseless: 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2021
Those terrorists are already losing sympathy. Don't use this kind of arrest to win more hearts for them.
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by princewarri1985: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2021
MANDIPUTIN:
Soldiers Attempt to Arrest Woman Over Red Black Green Outfit |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMayZOpdTOM

https://www.facebook.com/192893700739192/posts/5114739815221198/
This Buhari is a dictator and he is trying to take us back to the military era and he plan non go work because the last time i checked Nigeria still practice democracy, EVERYBODY IN THE EAST BOTH YOUNG AND OLD SHOULD COME OUT WITH THEIR COMPLETE BIAFRA REGALIA LET'S SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE THOSE USELESS ARMY AND DSS COULD ARREST, USELESS COUNTRY, ME SELF DON TIRE FOR THIS COUNTRY TOO, ME AND MY ENTIRE VILLAGE PEOPLE WON BREAK OUT TOO MAKE WE LEAVE ONLY BUHARI FOR THE COUNTRY
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Xbs1: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2021
Really
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Chilove4u: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2021
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by shidof(m): 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2021
Johnrake69:

There's rules of engagement in war. Starving or killing women and Children amounts to war crime. There are some weapons you can't also use in war. So everything is not fair in war.
So, you expect Nigeria to be feeding you even when they're in war with you. That's not done anywhere. Even the almighty USA have employed that tactics several times through sanctions
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

You are the one been foolish,you can't fight ideology with guns.Wait and see as these trend will now go viral.Kids, school children, market women will now come out with biafran themed apparels, come and arrest everybody
SIMPLE QUESTION IS IT GOING TO HELP THIS PEOPLE _____SYSTEMATICALLY IGBO PEOPLE ARE NOT TOGETHER ON BIAFRA ISSUES you can quote me wrong
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Johnrake69: 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2021
shidof:
So, you expect Nigeria to be feeding you even when they're in war with you. That's not done anywhere. Even the almighty USA have employed that tactics several times through sanctions

There's no point in this argument. I only had to respond to that statement. Secondly, whoever that is supporting the injustice the Easterners are experiencing at this point is worse than Bokoharam and Fulani bandits.

And remember injustice doesn't stop it will look for more victims. Las las e go reach everyone doorstep
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
The harassment and arrest of celebrated Nollywood actor, Mr. Chiwetalu Agu, on Thursday, 7th October, 2021 by the Nigerian Army is illegal, unconscionable and unwarranted. The actor has not committed any criminal offence known to law. The Nigerian Army should stop ridiculing itself before the international community.

Supposing without conceding that the dressing of the legendary actor amounts to "incitement" as claimed by the Army, it is the Nigeria Police Force that should have responded. There is no evidence of incitement against him. Nothing was inscribed on the said cloth to incite the public.

Is the Army suggesting that wearing clothes with certain colours or identifying with certain colours amounts to inciting people to violence or that any colour identical to the Biafran flag is inciting?. That will be a dangerous proposition. If they are convinced about such whimsical argument, the government should test it in a competent court of law. The allegation that he is recruiting for or supporting IPOB is unsupported by evidence. It is a way of calling a dog a bad name in order to hang it. Discerning Nigerians can see through the smoke screen.

The military has no power in a constitutional democracy to arrest citizens; except in very special and exceptional circumstances like during war, state of emergency, insurrection or riot. Even at that, it has to be shown that the Police has been overwhelmed. That is the purport of Section 217 of the 1999 Constitution which limits the role of the Armed Forces to defending the territorial integrity of Nigeria and acting in aid of civil authorities. Is Nigeria at war?

What did Chiwetalu Agu do that overwhelmed the Nigeria Police Force to warrant the Army stepping in to aid the police in arresting him?

We have become so used to lawlessness, impunity and flagrant disregard for the fundamental rights of citizens that we now condone whatever nonsense is thrown at us by the authorities.

Wearing a cloth with colours similar to the Biafran flag is not defined as an offence under any written law in this country. It is IPOB that was proscribed, not Biafra.

A significant portion of the Nigerian population still sees Biafra as an idea. No government can kill an idea that people are emotionally attached to by deploying the military. History has shown that the best way to defeat an idea is by propagating a superior and more persuasive idea. In the last six years, the Buhari regime has been propagating the idea that the best way to govern a diverse country like Nigeria is by pursuing a vindictive policy of exclusion, religious bias and ethnic supremacy which has further polarized the citizens and isolated different parts of this country.

By promoting nepotism and ethnic irredentism, Buhari is not qualified to propagate a Pro-Nigeria ideology that can counter the renewed agitations by a section of the South East for Biafra. Rather than heal old wounds, Buhari is ferociously opening new ones. Yet, he continues to parrot the fallacy that the unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable.

While I wholeheartedly condemn the wanton killings in the South East and the ensuing violence, there should be no tolerance for high-handedness and blatant disregard for the rights of the citizens. Rules of Engagement must be strictly followed.

By the combined effect of Section 36 (cool and (12) of the 1999 Constitution, an act or conduct is only a crime if it is so defined in a written law which must also prescribe the punishment for the offence. The Supreme Court had resolved this matter long ago in the celebrated case of AOKO V. FAGBEMI (1961) 1 NLR 400 and more recently in the case of GEORGE V. FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA [2014] ALL FWLR (pt. 718) 879.

The very idea of telling citizens what colour of cloth to wear is not only ludicrous but offensive. We are not in Communist China or North Korea.

It is a sad commentary that the Buhari regime is working day and night to turn Nigeria into a police state.

If the military authority has a movie role for Chiwetalu Agu, they should approach him with respect with their offer and desist from making a mockery of the security situation in the South East. The attack on Chiwetalu Agu is a painful reminder that the Buhari regime is ruling Nigeria with the mindset of the civil war.

Under this regime, peaceful young Nigerians were shot and killed by the same Nigerian Army while raising the Nigerian flag and singing the national anthem at the Lekki Toll Gate. Till date, no single soldier has been court-martialed for that abominable desecration of what is supposed to be sacred national symbols. Yet, the same Army arrested Chiwetalu Agu for wearing a cloth identical to the Biafran flag.

In other words, under the draconian Buhari regime, both 'Biafran colours' and Nigerian colours are symbols of "incitement" with severe punishment that includes death. That is not how to build and unify a nation.

The Army should apologize to the iconic actor and pay him adequate compensation for subjecting him to harassment and public humiliation.

Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by victons(m): 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
helinues:

You and your likes own is to hide behind your keyboard and be inciting gullible ones.

Why not wear the Biafra attire to any of the army barracks and update us later.

Eish!

Your statement clearly showed that you acknowledge the barbaric nature of the Nigerian army.
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Fourwinds: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
helinues:
She could be hungry of prison's beans

When will you remove your nose from your anus
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by putin2: 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2021
I always cry when I see what this regime is doing to my ppl. I cried because There is nothing I can do or say .crying is my only weapon.
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by ajl: 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2021
I don't know why southeasterners are slacking. People should be on the streets now in their Biafra colours. Damn! What kind of people are we in this Nigeria? How can people not take advantage of this opportunity. The moment Mr Chiwetalu Agu was arrested on the flimsy reason that he was dressed in Biafra colours, I was expecting that the next day or two, people will hit the streets in their Biafra regalia. This approach is more civil than trying to force a stay at home order. Let the enemies know that "this is Biafraland".
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Glory2DLamb(m): 5:44pm On Oct 09, 2021
helinues:

You and your likes own is to hide behind your keyboard and be inciting gullible ones.

Eish!

Did she go to army barracks? Is she not in her God-given space?

Go borrow sense, abeg!
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Zoola91(m): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2021
helinues:
She could be hungry of prison's beans

I no Sabi you but to beat you up just de hungry me

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Gotze1: 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2021
helinues:

Eish!
What is bad in wearing the attire. Does the attire look like bandits?
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Gotze1: 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
helinues:

See, let me tell you what some of you guys don't actually aware of or know, those things you called stubbornness are simply foolishness.

Know that and have peace
You don't have brain aboki
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by rosechika1994: 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
Nothing good comes so easily, change occurs when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of what makes you want to change.
Tyrant buhari will not rule Nigeria forever.
We will continue to sacrifice for the good future of our people.
Re: Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Woman Wearing Biafra Outfit (Video, Photos) by Gotze1: 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

You are the one been foolish,you can't fight ideology with guns.Wait and see as these trend will now go viral.Kids, school children, market women will now come out with biafran themed apparels, come and arrest everybody
Infact, I want schools to adopt it. Let me see how the stupid zoo army will flex muscle on innocent children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aminu Ado Bayero Biography: Emir Of Kano's Profile / EFCC Seals Patience Jonathan's Property In Abuja (Photos) / Wole Soyinka's Interview About Chinua Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.