Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? (24376 Views)

What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today / When Last Did You See A Butterfly / Video Of Huge Whale Killed In Bayelsa, Butchered With Chain Saw Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Achico: 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
Since bubu enta dah seat till date I never see am

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Felabrity: 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
Swear, I have not seen it in years

Arr they extinct?

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Lamasta(m): 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2021
Do we still have butterfly in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by verybadmouth(m): 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
Plenty in my area.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Nigerialabalaba: 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
I dey here o
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by OG1BABY(f): 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
Can't even remember
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Eryyy92: 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2021
Rugged Sally day

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Makib2020(m): 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
Make everybody just gettaut grin grin
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by kyuniii(m): 9:05pm On Oct 15, 2021
The last time i checked that will be 1922.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Nisay6: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
Recently
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2021
I see them everyday pretty ones white ones even in people no one remains the same - Nigeria is a butterfly too forget the naysayers focus on your strength in love empty pockets when your leaving empty pockets when your in jail you have a choice out here
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Sheriman(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
Did you see my beautiful butterfly??
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Wentworthorg: 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Only those People closer to nature can say they have seen one recently..I.e.Farmers, Villagers,etc..

Overrated Slum, Potopoto republic, Brown roof City dwellers etc.. can NOT say they have.. sad cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol at brown roof city dwellers or Ibadan and co,almost all the roofs are brown and totally dilapidated
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Ekejoestar(m): 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Truth is butterfly is no more common, at least for me, it's being a while I saw them. I don't care anyway.
The question is, what's are the importance or essence of having butterfly around? Do they affect us or our environment in any way? What is their contribution that should necessitate their conservation?

Conservationist should educate us. To me, all these animals have life-cycle and they can't be on Earth forever. No amount of conservation policy will change that..
And what if by conservation we are even disrupting the natural plan and system that set limit to the existential cycle of certain animals and organism? Even human spp have evolved and disappeared at some point. Do we blame evolution or nature?
So, I want to put it to conservationist who say we should conserve this and that...imagine all animal spp never went on extinct, won't the world be overpopulated with animals today?
Imagine Dinosaurs were still around and no spp of dinosaur, snake, lion, whale is gone...how will the world cope with such volumnous density of dangerous spp of animals?
If u say human is the cause of disappearance of animals today? well, animals did disappear at some point, at least before earliest human civilization dinosaurs and thousands of animal spp already gone extinct, so who do u blame for that? Natural disasters?
Then since it can't be stopped, it must be part of natural cycle as well as human civilization which is blamed for decimating certain spp of organisms..About animal conservation, I feel there's so much needless noise and fuss about it.
Though we can document, keep the gene and specimen of certain animals for reserch and posterity, this doesn't require so much noise and fund as being wasted on conservation today.
Many developed country choose to conserve certain animal and leave others cos obviously they can't conserve all spp of animals..so what criteria are they employing in making this choice.?
Conservationist should address all those points and convince us why we should keep promoting conservation for a kind of animals while living others to perish

What you wrote up there shows that you have little to no knowledge on what conservation is all about.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by thinksquad(m): 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
Na dragonfly full everywhere now
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2021
FreeSpirited:
Truth is butterfly is no more common, at least for me, it's being a while I saw them. I don't care anyway.
The question is, what's are the importance or essence of having butterfly around? Do they affect us or our environment in any way? What is their contribution that should necessitate their conservation?

Conservationist should educate us. To me, all these animals have life-cycle and they can't be on Earth forever. No amount of conservation policy will change that..
And what if by conservation we are even disrupting the natural plan and system that set limit to the existential cycle of certain animals and organism? Even human spp have evolved and disappeared at some point. Do we blame evolution or nature?
So, I want to put it to conservationist who say we should conserve this and that...imagine all animal spp never went on extinct, won't the world be overpopulated with animals today?
Imagine Dinosaurs were still around and no spp of dinosaur, snake, lion, whale is gone...how will the world cope with such volumnous density of dangerous spp of animals?
If u say human is the cause of disappearance of animals today? well, animals did disappear at some point, at least before earliest human civilization dinosaurs and thousands of animal spp already gone extinct, so who do u blame for that? Natural disasters?
Then since it can't be stopped, it must be part of natural cycle as well as human civilization which is blamed for decimating certain spp of organisms..About animal conservation, I feel there's so much needless noise and fuss about it.
Though we can document, keep the gene and specimen of certain animals for reserch and posterity, this doesn't require so much noise and fund as being wasted on conservation today.
Many developed country choose to conserve certain animal and leave others cos obviously they can't conserve all spp of animals..so what criteria are they employing in making this choice.?
Conservationist should address all those points and convince us why we should keep promoting conservation for a kind of animals while living others to perish
you've a logical argument. Ur post reminds me of nairaland of old.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Zane2point4(m): 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
Just buy green bulb and put in your back yard or balcony, it will attract them immediately at night
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by slimmoney(m): 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
one flew into my space few days ago
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 15, 2021
Before Mr B became our P
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by apankay(m): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2021
I see butterflies every day, it actually depends on where you live
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2021
grin

Finally... nature related thread!!

About butterflies......It's been long I saw one...

But I have this to share with the audience.

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Patented: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2021
Omicron007:
To be honest, I dislike insects a lot but the butterfly stands out for me.

From the visibly crafted patterns to the brightly coloured wings and the fluttering flights, the insect is a beauty to behold.

Growing up in the beautiful neighbourhood of Rayfield, Jos, I easily remember how me and my estate neighbours used to play with different species of the beloved insect on the beautiful green lawn.

However, from reasons ranging from deforestation to climate change and others, butterflies are fast becoming scarce and rare to find these days.

For a little scientific/biological background: There are more than 28,000 species of butterflies throughout the world.
These insects live and breed in diverse habitats such as the mangroves, salt marshes, lowland forested areas, wetlands, mountain zones, and in grasslands.

Butterflies tend to be habitat-specific meaning that some of the species will only be found in specific places such as only in the coastal areas or only in the mountain zones. The major role of butterflies in the ecosystem is that of pollination.

Butterflies are also called the wild indicators of an ecosystem. The reason for this is that they can provide a picture regarding the health of an ecosystem at any particular time.

Butterflies are naturally responsible for increasing the biodiversity of an ecosystem. An environment that appeals to and attracts butterflies would also be fertile for the growth of plants and serve as a suitable habitat for other animals.
Among the animals that are attracted to habitats belonging to butterflies are other invertebrates.

When was the last time you saw a butterfly?

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by slowice(m): 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
Two days ago on a busy road actually.... Wind forcefully pushed it to me,then it flew away grin
Very peaceful, beautiful and lovely creature.

But op truthfully, aside that it's been a long time
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by folake4u(f): 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2021
I love butterflies and still chase them when I see it.
It makes my heart flutter.They're really beautiful and can turn my frown to smile.

I see butterflies every morning cos of the flowers in my house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by seanjy4konji: 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2021
wetin concern me with butterflu..we deh find money u dwh talk butterfly

somethig deh worry u abi
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Taiwojon(m): 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2021
Butterfly!

Nature will have it course.

Away from butterfly.

The world itself is going into oblivion and all the prediction of Jesus Christ are coming to past.

Why
Postpone your salvation when you can have it now
Why not turn away from your sins and believe on Jesus.

Remember
No other way in which we can be save except we accept Jesus as our lord and savior.

Jesus saves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by Oluf3mi(m): 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2021
When last did you see a firefly?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? by whippersnapper(m): 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2021
please someone should explain the difference between a moth and a butterfly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lioness Saves Cub From Aggressive Father / Caption This Picture Of A Lion And Bulls / Emmanuel Akala Awarded $1.1Million To Study Novel Breast Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.