Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) (32424 Views)

Atiku To Supreme Court: Reject Technicality, overrule Tinubu on fresh evidence / Nnamdi Kanu Discharged And Acquitted / Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by JaroMan: 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
The problem with Ibo is that they want to behave holy holy. No one is saying Tinubu is not corrupt, but stop using other people's crime to justify yours. Let Obi Pandora accept he messed up. Everyone knows Tinubu is not clean. But making Obi look clean and blaming other for your misfortune is not the way forward. This is childish.

I am sure Obi Pandora will get away with this issue too if he was indicted by a Nigerian body. But he is caught by international body, and his political career is dented and over. Leave with it. Jagaban will meet his too. If you can bend him, do so. I want you to stop him so another more qualified candidate can step in. But dont stop him cos Obi Pandora has been stopped. You will only make him more popular through this. Stop him cos it is the right thing to do. Bringing in this case cos of Obi Pandora is childish. Shame on you. Shame shame shame. Bring it on at the time to stop him. I want you to do it cos it will make me happy seeing Jagaban stopped.
Which international body indicted him?
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by JaroMan: 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mathew4257:
Am not a prophet. This guy can't be president. Because if he try to context he won't win. Many will betray him . People in south will prefer Osinbajo because Tuinbu have a bad record of Murderer , criminal and End SAR added to it. And the way most of us see it Northerners won't vote for him ,also other SOUTHERNERS won't vote for him . The Northerns are only deceiving him oooo. Let Osinbajo go for president

SW won't be president in 2023. Either SE or Igbo speaking SS.
If SW push their luck too far, the power will remain in the north. They lack the numbers. They lack the moral right.
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by jneutron4000: 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mathew4257:
Am not a prophet. This guy can't be president. Because if he try to context he won't win. Many will betray him . People in south will prefer Osinbajo because Tuinbu have a bad record of Murderer , criminal and End SAR added to it. And the way most of us see it Northerners won't vote for him ,also other SOUTHERNERS won't vote for him . The Northerns are only deceiving him oooo. Let Osinbajo go for president

I get your point but this time around any Yoruba wey betray go collect, this wan no be Awolowo or Abiola wey them betray. Awon omo Ogun ti won ti ni omo ogun leyin wa le
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by themanderon: 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
The same Danladi usman that was forming Jackie Chan on an innocent man.
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Indispensable85(m): 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
RuudVanNistroy:

https://dailypost.ng/2011/12/01/tinubu-has-no-case-to-answer-tribunal/

Hmmmm.....look at the array of lawyers.
The very best in the country put together for one man.
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by humility33(m): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2021
fasho01:
They are now trying to paint this one as a Saint now, the same way they did the lifeless dullard in the run to the 2015 elections
Gej helped him pull off the charges as a bargain for giving him SW votes in 2011
Lol.... so many people don't know

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Origamist: 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2021
humility33:

Gej helped him pull off the charges as a bargain for giving him SW votes in 2011
Lol.... so many people don't know
Lol
This is a new one grin
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by humility33(m): 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2021
Origamist:

Lol
This is a new one grin

Only a novice will believe Tinubu is not corrupt
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by techWriter3: 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
The most notorious prosecution on planet
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by ajl: 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2021
This man, umm, if I narrate my experience of what I learn about him after some direct interaction with insiders and while trying to get couple of things off the ground. Young Nigerians, this is one of the ancestors sitting on the destiny of million youths. All the opportunities that are supposed to flow through the system via business ventures by savvy entrepreneurs who are willing to take the risks and get millions of youths employed. Folks like this old criminal have cornered everything. The worse part is that he also use his family members to do the same. The evil angle of this whole thing is that a lot of people have lost a lot because these old criminals are not adding value to these sectors. What he does is typical of what went down with the guy that took him to court. He has hundreds of such company with different individuals. Aside from my own experience, I know of another individual in one of the western countries. That individual simply admitted to me that he had no choice but to play along because he was told that since they have the means, he would never make as much if he were to pursue the business alone. And this old criminal can continue to do this as far as he has his stranglehold on Lagos. The current governor is just a figure-head. God help the Nigerian youths. Imagine that you have thousands of evil old men like this. The same thing obtain across. He is just one of them.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Xhuntra: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
post=106588867:
Yours 'Trulies' wrote the below exactly 15 months ago on this forum about this particular issue.....

Our Holy Book tells us that : Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away..... So says the Lord!!

We Rise.

trash as usual
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by sabreal: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
Whether free on technicality or not, a thief is a thief. He can deceive his mumu followers, but will.never deceive himself.

How much did he worth in 1999?

RuudVanNistroy:

https://dailypost.ng/2011/12/01/tinubu-has-no-case-to-answer-tribunal/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by geemd434: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
Antoeni:
*When the Baboons and Monkeys heard that the Man who used to chase them away from the maize field had died, they hysterically celebrated. The following year, there was no maize, that is when they painfully realized the dead Man was the Farmer!*

_Under all conditions, learn to live with your enemies_.
_You might reject them now but, soon, you will realize that they were the only pillars you needed_.
_Not all enemies are enemies_. _Some are facilitators or unofficial coaches assigned to get you into shape._
_Others are imaginary haters._

*LET'S LOVE ONE ANOTHER DESPITE OUR DIFFERENCES*

Broda Dis your post deserve to be Copied and paste... Nice write-up

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

He said the prosecution could not prove that they duly invited Tinubu to either deny or admit in writing the allegations against him.

imagine you did invite the man you are investigating because of that he is above the law~
He is above the law now.
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Gentlerespect76: 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Imagine..

Anyway I won't bother to read this piece of shit....but what I can bet my balls on is the fact that whether acquitted or not

This niggar can never be the president

Slawormiir, oil dey your head bro. Tinubu will not smell Aso Rock as a President; supported.
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
ajl:
This man, umm, if I narrate my experience of what I learn about him after some direct interaction with insiders and while trying to get couple of things off the ground. Young Nigerians, this is one of the ancestors sitting on the destiny of million youths. All the opportunities that are supposed to flow through the system via business ventures by savvy entrepreneurs who are willing to take the risks and get millions of youths employed. Folks like this old criminal have cornered everything. The worse part is that he also use his family members to do the same. The evil angle of this whole thing is that a lot of people have lost a lot because these old criminals are not adding value to these sectors. What he does is typical of what went down with the guy that took him to court. He has hundreds of such company with different individuals. Aside from my own experience, I know of another individual in one of the western countries. That individual simply admitted to me that he had no choice but to play along because he was told that since they have the means, he would never make as much if he were to pursue the business alone. And this old criminal can continue to do this as far as he has his stranglehold on Lagos. The current governor is just a figure-head. God help the Nigerian youths. Imagine that you have thousands of evil old men like this. The same thing obtain across. He is just one of them.
Can you start a thread on this? Was the individual trying to start a tech company or get a contract and was told to relinquish a percentage?
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2021
sabreal:

Whether free on technicality or not, a thief is a thief. He can deceive his mumu followers, but will.never deceive himself.

How much did he worth in 1999?

According to the late Yinka Odumakin he was driving a Peugeot 505 before 1999. He fled the country during Abacha time, and had no business to his name before 1999.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by fubsy: 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
The destiny of this country is in the hands of the youths, who can constitute the voting force come 2023. It is either they use their power rightly, misuse it or abuse it. The present crop of politicians has failed this country - they smell of corruption, ineptitude and incapability!
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
The problem with Ibo is that they want to behave holy holy. No one is saying Tinubu is not corrupt, but stop using other people's crime to justify yours. Let Obi Pandora accept he messed up. Everyone knows Tinubu is not clean. But making Obi look clean and blaming other for your misfortune is not the way forward. This is childish.

I am sure Obi Pandora will get away with this issue too if he was indicted by a Nigerian body. But he is caught by international body, and his political career is dented and over. Leave with it. Jagaban will meet his too. If you can bend him, do so. I want you to stop him so another more qualified candidate can step in. But dont stop him cos Obi Pandora has been stopped. You will only make him more popular through this. Stop him cos it is the right thing to do. Bringing in this case cos of Obi Pandora is childish. Shame on you. Shame shame shame. Bring it on at the time to stop him. I want you to do it cos it will make me happy seeing Jagaban stopped.

Please do not be stupid. Pandora didn't say Obi stole any money what they said is that he operated shell companies to avoid tax. There is a difference between Tax avoidance and Tax evasion. This propaganda had to stop if you have proof that Obi stole Anambra funds please bring it forward or remain silent.
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2021
JaroMan:

Which international body indicted him?
Obi Pandora is a fraud. grin
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2021
obynzo:

Please do not be stupid. Pandora didn't say Obi stole any money what they said is that he operated shell companies to avoid tax. There is a difference between Tax avoidance and Tax evasion. This propaganda had to stop if you have proof that Obi stole Anambra funds please bring it forward or remain silent.
The next time you use that word for me, you will regret it. Idioota.
Obi Pandora is a fraud. grin deal with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2021
obynzo:

The shell companies exist only on paper, they are used to hide ownership of foreign accounts in tax havens. They don't transact any business whatsoever.

Shell companies are means through which thrillions have been looted from the African continent by it's fantastically corrupt leaders.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Justiceleague1: 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2021
post=106588902:

Which lawyer come remain again for Chambers

How can our nation ever be great if looters and corrupt politicians are not jailed for life or shot in the head?
No wonder the younger politicians are getting even more corrupt and dangerous than the old ones.
God help Nigeria.

God bless J.J Rawlings of Ghana,
May his wonderful Soul continue to Rest in Perfect Peace.
If one of us @[/b] go become presido peren
We are going the way of J.J Rawlings straight.
(Go find out what he did to all past politicians that destroyed Ghana before him, we won't tell you here!)
Or we go the way China treat their corrupt politicians.
All corrupt thieves and criminals yansh go red!.
Damn Democracy.
That's why we don't do politics.....Foolish politics.
[b]And our court of law aren't helping also.
What a shame!
Don't be afraid,be equivocal,what is your stands on Tinubu nah?
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by JaroMan: 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Obi Pandora is a fraud. grin
Clown.
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Oracleforce: 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
Jestin:
It is time for the Youth of this country to decide their future.

Youth will sell their birthright as usual....

With 5k an average naija youth can kill for all these corrupt politicians...

Watch as they will be sharing 5k for some of the youth during the election process in 2022...

What politicians are doing now is to out the average youth into abject poverty so that when they offer them 5k during the election they will have no choice but to accept it....

We are watching in 3D
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by cybersoldiers: 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2021
Yoruba's have brought an ant infested firewood home.
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by fubsy: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
cybersoldiers:
Yoruba's have brought an ant infested firewood home.
You guys need to stop this Yoruba/Igbo thing. That is what your/our supposed leaders are using to divide you/us while they collectively laugh at your/our stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2021
fubsy:

You guys need to stop this Yoruba/Igbo thing. That is what your/our supposed leaders are using to divide you/us while they collectively laugh at your/our stupidity.
How we can educate the brainwashed youths who see tribes?
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by slowice(m): 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
Another corruption ontop corruption.... Nigeria na wa undecided
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by tnerro1(m): 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2021
So was Atiku, so what
Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by berrystunn(m): 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2021
Even junky

Want to be the president.

Anyway I'm here

Re: Tinubu Acquitted On Technicality For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts (Throwback) by West2019(m): 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2021
Buhari Re-elected 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Presidential Campaign Rally In Anambra (Pictures, Video) / Simon Ekpa Declares Monday Sit At Home Protest Day / 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.