Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria (13518 Views)

Why Recruiter are Looking For Full Stack Developers / I Got A Call From A Recruiter / How Well-paid Are Software Developers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:11am On Oct 30, 2021
Newusername:

Good morning sir, please how do we upcoming junior Dev go about getting jobs at Germany, Holland and co?
Go on LinkedIn and indeed search for jobs and apply.
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Newusername(m): 9:34am On Oct 30, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Go on LinkedIn and indeed search for jobs and apply.
Ok thanks.
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2021
tosinhtml:

From my personal experience, people look forward to remote jobs in US because they are the only ones who have a lot of cash at their disposal.

150k USD in America is what is a Mid-level dev can earn, meanwhile they are happy to find a dev in Africa to pay 50k or (4000 per month) contract. In other European countries like Germany, Holland etc they will offer to pay you 1500 - 2000 Euros per month for an African dev which seem like a lot of money to them.

See ehn, the money people earn in the US is like blood money putting it in literal terms. A Mid-level dev in Palo Alto can be earning 250k USD as opposed to a Principal Dev in Germany earning 80k Euros.

US is the way, i cannot decieve you bro.

You know this huge differential is determined by whether the dev is in a HCOL or LCOL location. Bay Area how much is rent? Now compare that with rent in Surulere or even Lekki. Compare the cost to baby sit and to train your children living in the Bay Area. If they see 4k at the end of the month after all their expenses then they aren't keeping up with the Bay Area lifestyle
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Ajibade123(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2021
tosinhtml:

It's village people, you need to fast and pray regarding this. So the situation can change grin

Change your job search country and you are fine lol.
lol
I have gotten it jare I was the one doing nonsense before

I still haven't gotten remote job o
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Thunday1005(m): 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
qtguru:

join.slack.com/t/koding-school/shared_invite/zt-x7wxcatg-_iU4vvtdTJ7mNvsBlvajxg

Here is the link for anyone who wants to join, I can't manage the group anymore, so I leave it to the community, I will just post videos and help those who are interested ? All the best bro

It showing link no longer active.
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 12:11am On Nov 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Thunday1005(m): 12:21am On Nov 01, 2021
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Sarang(f): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2021
Emeraldfynest:
Wow, this is nice. I think everyone should just know their worth and master the art of negotiation, cos I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

Yes I just started my Product Design journey majorly because I don't want to code. I started with the Google UX Certificate, and will continue learning further.

Why don't you want to relocate though, maybe not everyone fancies living outside the country.

Hey,
I just started product design as well
We could connect

Ps: I Joined the Slack
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Sarang(f): 8:47am On Nov 08, 2021
Bayoibee:

I just had to let him know because I’m a UI/UX Designer but I’m not working for the agency only contracts here and there and most times I see the documentation of the clients entire budget and how this greedy oga and one other guy will share 80% of the money and give the remaining to the unexposed developers, after my conversations, all the developers left him and he was dumbfounded.

Hi Bayobee
I’d like to connect with you if you don’t mind
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Emeraldfynest(m): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2021
Hi, good morning. No problem I sent a pm.
Sarang:

Hey,
I just started product design as well
We could connect

Ps: I Joined the Slack

1 Like

Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Bayoibee: 10:49am On Nov 08, 2021
Sarang:

Hi Bayobee
I’d like to connect with you if you don’t mind

Sure! Here is my WhatsApp number 08136873941

1 Like

Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Sarang(f): 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
Emeraldfynest:
Hi, good morning. No problem I sent a pm.

Cannot see
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Emeraldfynest(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ok send me one instead then.
Sarang:

Cannot see
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Lorex6: 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Saverin: 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
Lindner:

Yeah. The IT ecosystem is wide and deep. The best way to stay sane is to choose a niche based on passion and stick to it. I've done frontend, backend and full stack roles but it bores me to death. My newly found love is blockchain engineering especially decentralized finance. Perhaps because of my background in banking. Writing solidity codes that could potentially handle several hundreds of millions of dollars would send your heart racing knowing a single vulnerability could wreck the lives of thousands of people. It's like writing codes on drugs.

I really wish more people would consider blockchain development. That ecosystem is exploding and employers are desperate for talents. Unfortunately, it's when it becomes saturated, that's when you start seeing posts like "Help, I want to learn blockchain development". In 2020, the demand for blockchain developers grew by 512%. No other skill in any field had such growth and they're the highest paid also from statistics. With what I've seen in 2021, that growth is most likely going to be doubled.

Please is there a guide/course/curriculum on how to learn solidity development?
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Mkingz(m): 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Tech is just like music...knowing how to sing without knowing the business side of music will lead to the artist earning peanuts and being exploited.

The business side of tech like the salary negotiations side isn’t really talked about much imo...As a newbie in tech, i would love to learn this as i keep learning and brushing up my coding skills. Anyone kind enough to create a thread on this should please mention or tag me...Bless!
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Mkingz(m): 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bro I’ll like to connect with you...just started on my web dev journey learning CSS..can i send a pm?
lordally:

You're a good man ...God bless you for opening his eyes!!!! See we have so many software developers who just learnt how to code and are good at it but they refused to get other Necessary skills to go with it like NETWORKING!!!! see , I just helped a software developer with less than 1yr experience who has applied for lots of jobs on LinkedIn, get a job even though I'm still yet to be a software developer... The little network I have can give me a job but I don't have the skill yet....of which I'm currently studying JavaScript....

Software developers should know that coding alone isn't all you need... You need other skills like NETWORKING , the Act of salary Negotiations etc.
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by lordally(m): 1:14am On Jan 03, 2022
Mkingz:
Bro I’ll like to connect with you...just started on my web dev journey learning CSS..can i send a pm?

No p bro...send the PM
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Mkingz(m): 9:23am On Jan 03, 2022
Thanks bro...Appreciate!
lordally:

No p bro...send the PM
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Mkingz(m): 9:56am On Jan 03, 2022
How has your learning curve been bro?
Eggovic:

I'm heavily interested in this. I've been learning web development for quite sometime now. Taken part in some internships(hng internship being the most profound) but haven't really pushed anything to production to be used by others. By 2022 I should be in Canada and I seriously want to position myself for the tech job opportunities over there. I'm very much open to suggestions.
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Eggovic: 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mkingz:
How has your learning curve been bro?
Been great Bro. Wrapping up on react this month and then jumping into typescript.
How's yours?
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Mkingz(m): 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
That’s cool...I’m on CSS
Can i send a pm bro?
Eggovic:

Been great Bro. Wrapping up on react this month and then jumping into typescript.
How's yours?
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Eggovic: 7:45pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mkingz:
That’s cool...I’m on CSS
Can i send a pm bro?
Shoot!
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by codeigniter(m): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2022
Lindner:

Count me in!!!! If others could create it and manage it, I'll definately join. And if something like that already exist, I'm happy to join and contribute.

I just mailed you!
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Yomit71(m): 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
BECALMBECALM:
This is ridiculous. How could someone with three years experience on his job accept salary of 500 dollars/month ? You can only see such people in Nigeria. Very useless country. Even here in Asia people that are doing menial jobs can make 500 dollars in
three to fours days.
time to relocate to Asia. How can you help me
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by logik29(m): 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
Lindner:

I receive at least one email per week with the same question. I hope to create a thread soon where I'll share my own journey and practical tips to transition from a learner to landing the first remote job. I can't address it here cos it'll be too long.

Not to brag but I got my first remote role just 4 months after I started learning. I ascribe that to favour and the fact that I had a clear path to follow which others too have followed and achieved the same result.

Please beginners like myself will find this helpful �
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by frankfab(m): 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
Lindner:

For real. This is the best time to get into blockchain development. Even if you dont need a job, you can freelance or work with bug bounties and get paid for finding bugs. I literally declined a job offer last week.

My number is in my signature
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by biodun23: 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
Tech talent can earn as low as $1650 per week working remotely from anywhere. Don't look down on yourself you can also earn up to $3000 weekly pending on your skills.

You can access most of those tech remote jobs here
https://go.topcoder.com/learn/abbey/

If you have any questions let me know
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by biodun23: 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
Yomit71:

time to relocate to Asia. How can you help me

Sign up here for remote gigs and access up to $1650+ per week for remote gigs. You don't need to pay a fee. Sign up, upload your c.v or portfolio and apply then you're good to go. See the link https://go.topcoder.com/learn/abbey/
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by Iseddy: 9:39am On Mar 25, 2022
hi guys..... i have been learning AWS for sometime now. but I'm getting discourage lately because i felt is not lucrative here in 9ja. i have passion for tech nevertheless i want to make money too. tried searching for AWS remote job but here in 9ja it felt like searching for pin in an ocean. guys pls i need guidance.
Re: This Is What A Recruiter Told Me About Software Developers From Nigeria by biodun23: 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sign up with Topcoder for free and access most of the remote jobs from $1650 per week

See link: https://go.topcoder.com/learn/abbey/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Join The Andela Learning Community; Powered By Microsoft / Do You Need To Be A Math Guru To Be A Good Programmer / Problems Young Developers Face In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.