Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

React -developer Help Me - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / React -developer Help Me (592 Views)

Experienced React Developer Needed / React Developer Needed / I Need Your Help Here React Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

React -developer Help Me by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 7:34am On Oct 10, 2021
please I have a question about React ::

is learning redux necessary for a React developer even though React 16+ introduces
hooks like useReducer that works similarly to redux ?
I really really find redux very complex and confusing to learn...
Re: React -developer Help Me by Nickisindigo(m): 7:57am On Oct 10, 2021
Then learn the new thing
Re: React -developer Help Me by theFullstackGuy: 8:08am On Oct 10, 2021
Redux is good if you are building a large app that has plenty state props.

I can teach you an easy way to use redux.
Re: React -developer Help Me by 4dor: 8:53am On Oct 10, 2021
ahmedsaniadamu:

is learning redux necessary for a React developer even though React 16+ introduces

Tbh it depends on what your team adopts but have an idea to be on the safer side. You can try to learn redux toolkit, it simplifies a lot of things. Search YouTube for tutorials.
Re: React -developer Help Me by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:42am On Oct 10, 2021
theFullstackGuy:
Redux is good if you are building a large app that has plenty state props.

I can teach you an easy way to use redux.

Thanks! but I prefer video tutorials.
it will be helpful if you recommend a YouTube video link that clearly explained all the basics of redux at once ...
Re: React -developer Help Me by toluls(m): 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
ahmedsaniadamu:

is learning redux necessary for a React developer ...

Learning redux is actually quite important because redux and its likes, flux etc are used in most projects for app wide state management.

The useReducer hook cannot do the same job, maybe you wanted to mention react context api which allows you to use createContext and useContext for state management.

The context api can be used and paired with useReducer to manage app wide state, but even the react docs mentions that the context api is not suitable for frequently changing state. So most apps still use redux/flux/etc.

I'll encourage you to take the time to learn redux, then add redux toolkit to simplify the implementation especially when working with side effects.

Wishing you all the best in your dev journey!

1 Like

Re: React -developer Help Me by adeblow(m): 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2021
ahmedsaniadamu:

It appears to be complex at first, but when u go further, u will find out it's actually easy. Try the netnija on YouTube, he teaches from scratch. Thank me later

(1) (Reply)

Simple Programming Codes / My React App Works On PC But Not On Mobile / React Class Component Is Just A Mess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.