Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System (43437 Views)

Charles Awuzie’s Open Letter To Alex Otti Titled: “NO CONGRATULATIONS” / Atiku Had Not Moved On Yet - By Charles Awuzie / Charles Awuzie: DCP Abba Kyari Is Innocent, Was Only Manipulated By Hushpuppi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by lexy2014: 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
anorexicmuster:
Tax to gdp ratio in South Africa :29.1%

Tax to gdp ratio in Nigeria: 6.1%

GDP per capita South Africa: 5097.2 dollars

GDP per capita Nigeria: 2097 dollars

South Africa health budget: 3 billion dollars for 50 million people

Nigeria health budget 1.6 billion dollars for 200 million people.

Nigeria: Oil main revenue earner

SOuth Africa: Diversifed economy, plus some industrial development.

Is it because Nigerias main revenue is oil that it has issues with it's health sector?
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by compton11(m): 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Black South Africans have managed to own 30% of SA industry in 27 years of democracy. That's larger than the Kenyan economy. The target is to double that over the next decade and a half. These are FACTS and not your wishful thinking.

BBC is Black Business Council.

cc compton11
thanks bro

Don't mind that stupid ass coon.

Always licking the ass of the oppressors

1 Like

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by compton11(m): 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
jimyjames:

grin you are not making any sense here, leadership was handed over to black South Africans cause of Mandela , but the South African wealth still belongs to white South Africans including the lands they had
mumu boy grin

That should haven't handed to the leadership na, Asian, black, white,and foreigners all controlled south African economic
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Kingstanding: 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
Starzo:

So are pastors the reason your economy is failing??, as in are they your elected/selected public office holders??
You're amongst the brainwashed fellow. Pastor is vice president and we have a lots of pastors in Nigeria political elective possition and political appointment. So called men of God are far corrupt than politicians.

1 Like

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by TMKsouth: 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
compton11:
thanks bro
Don't mind that stupid ass coon.
Always licking the ass of the oppressors

It's my daily grind on NL. I hear this arguement 100 times day-in and day-out, that's why I've armed myself with facts. Thank u for standing up for black South Africans (us) cool

1 Like

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Picker28: 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
Painful truth
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Starzo: 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kingstanding:
You're amongst the brainwashed fellow. Pastor is vice president and we have a lots of pastors in Nigeria political elective possition and political appointment. So called men of God are far corrupt than politicians.
So cute how u managed to evade the main man/problem (president) and instead focus ur ignorant venting on the vice president ( a ceremonial post.). All the major posts in the federation are being headed by non-christians and you choose to put the blame on an errand boy. Well I'm not religious bigot like you so I want say the mjor politicians heading the country into doom are Muslims.

In the end, religion is not your problem. Wicked, corrupt leaders and dumb followers like you that will never face the real enemy seeking to keep you in hardship are the real problems of the country.
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by TMKsouth: 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Odinaka00:
The thing is not just Nigeria but black people. If he had called black doctors or nurses in this same South Africa, the story would have been different. I don’t just know what is wrong with black people

What the heck are u saying When u call an ambulance u don't ask for a doctor or nurse of your racial choice. Besides, it's parademics that visit your house, not doctors and nurses. This is a classic example that you've never seen an ambulance in your life before, living in Nigeria. OP's point proven.

3 Likes

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Dukeolumidemans(m): 8:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bigredmachine:

It's the plain truth sir, religion may not be the outright cause of our problem, but instead of being a step to solving our problem, it has made it worse... Outside corruption what else is doing well in this country if not religion (a branch of corruption itself)

Education zero
Health Zero
Production Zero
Sports Zero

We can go on and on and on

For those who have been busy talking trash that religion has nothing to do with our problem are just one out of many that have been brain washed

I believe there's God but God has done everything for us, we have ourselves to blame

Ur correct. That's the truth.
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Minjim: 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
South Africa is far better than Nigeria.

Why?
We need to ask ourselves this question.
Why is that so?
Let's say the rest of Nigeria has failed.
Lagos doesn't have any excuse to fail.
Lagos is the 4th richest city in Africa
https://www.tuko.co.ke/358793-top-10-richest-cities-africa.html

But is the IGR in Lagos actually being sent on Lagosians?

Since 1999, is this the best we deserve in Lagos.
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Kingstanding: 8:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
Starzo:

So cute how u managed to evade the main man/problem (president) and instead focus ur ignorant venting on the vice president ( a ceremonial post.). All the major posts in the federation are being headed by non-christians and you choose to put the blame on an errand boy. Well I'm not religious bigot like you so I want say the mjor politicians heading the country into doom are Muslims.

In the end, religion is not your problem. Wicked, corrupt leaders and dumb followers like you that will never face the real enemy seeking to keep you in hardship are the real problems of the country.
. It's you that they kept in hardship. I'm an American/ Nigerian ok. We in diaspora love Nigeria more than Nigerians back home.
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Teslason(m): 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

What the heck are u saying When u call an ambulance u don't ask for a doctor or nurse of your racial choice. Besides, it's parademics that visit your house, not doctors and nurses. This is a classic example that you've never seen an ambulance in your life before living in Nigeria. OP's point proven.
I have to unsee that...
That's savage!
Hahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by TMKsouth: 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
Teslason:

I have to unsee that...
That's savage!
Hahahaha!

LOL grin. These white worshippers have holes in their brains.

1 Like

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Teslason(m): 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

LOL grin. These white worshippers have holes in their brains.
I don't believe any race is superior!
Everybody is the same.
SA is beautiful because you have mixed race and different flowers makes a garden beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Surplus6(m): 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
Religion has done more harm than good. Religion is opium of poor masses
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by TMKsouth: 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
Teslason:

I don't believe any race is superior!
Everybody is the same.
SA is beautiful because you have mixed race and different flowers makes a garden beautiful.

Off course every race has its own special contributions to SA, and others have advantages over others because of historical reasons. But to paint black people as useless in SA is something I won't tolerate and that i fight against on the daily on this forum.

And SA will forever be a rainbow nation of equal contributors so some people just have to learn to live with that.

2 Likes

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by jimyjames(m): 10:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Black South Africans have managed to own 30% of SA industry in 27 years of democracy. That's larger than the Kenyan economy. The target is to double that over the next decade and a half. These are FACTS and not your wishful thinking.

BBC is Black Business Council.

cc compton11

The minority whites own 70% and the blacks majority own 30% that's too poor , the whites will always have the biggest share of South African economy
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by TMKsouth: 10:26pm On Oct 10, 2021
jimyjames:

The minority whites own 70% and the blacks majority own 30% that's too poor , the whites will always have the biggest share of South African economy

It's not surprising - u need to open a book sometime and learn about apartheid which ended in 1994. These numbers of 30% are a drastic improvement. And the target is to double it over the next decade or 2. There are policies in place agreed by everyone to achieve this, like Black Economic Empowerment. So your predictions are false and just pulled up out your butt.
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Amatarasha(f): 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
Deicide:
So you don agree say you be witch grin
I am not a witch Mr
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by jaxxy(m): 10:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bigredmachine:
let me say prestisibly, that's as quickly as possible

That the only thing working in Nigeria is corruption, as a result every other sector won't work because of this

Religion in Nigeria is just another branch of corruption in the country... and its regrettable lugubrious that a vast majority of Nigerians have been brainwashed to believe Religion is the only answer to Nigeria problem

waiting for Nigeria to get better without dividing the country is like filling a basket with water and expecting it to get filled up soon

There's no unity in the country and i don't see how we can achieve anything better with the way things are, because we are more divided against each other more than ever before, and a nation divided amongst itself cannot achieve anything

my humble opinion though...

When Jonathan was there it was not divided and division wasn’t the quick fix solution bt because of 1 Chance Buhari everybody now feels division is a quick fix solution bt forgetting division has it’s own serious challenges.

For 1 how many countries we will divide into is unknown. Those saying 4 or 5 are deluded cos the Nigeria cud end up being divided in 20 parts.

Let’s use our head and think. undecided
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by jimyjames(m): 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's not surprising - u need to open a book sometime and learn about apartheid which ended in 1994. These numbers of 30% are a drastic improvement. And the target is to double it over the next decade or 2. There are policies in place agreed by everyone to achieve this, like Black Economic Empowerment. So your predictions are false and just pulled up out your butt.
Well as you blacks are working to make it 70% in your favour the whites are equally working to keep what belongs to them, if after 25 yrs 70% of commercial farmlands are in the hands of whites how are you going to take those lands from them? By attacking and killing them like you do? It won't work my friend
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by TMKsouth: 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
jimyjames:

Well as you blacks are working to make it 70% in your favour the whites are equally working to keep what belongs to them, if after 25 yrs 70% of commercial farmlands are in the hands of whites how are you going to take those lands from them? By attacking and killing them like you do? It won't work my friend

Did u not read my post? It's been agreed on by all that SA needs to correct the injustices of the past - including land redistribution.

And why are u attacking blacks when you admit yourself that whites are refusing to give back the land after 25 years undecided? Can whites never do any wrong in your eyes?
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by bayumyguy: 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Country where things work,I had tbe same experience in south Africa as well when I had an accident over dere during my vacation meen less than 5mins paramedic and medical team arrive the scene was taking to the hospital...All medical including operation was free imagine If it was Nigeria hmmmm na another thing South Africa save my life.

1 Like

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by jimyjames(m): 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Did u not read my post? It's been agreed on by all that SA needs to correct the injustices of the past - including land redistribution.

And why are u attacking blacks when you admit yourself that whites are refusing to give back the land after 25 years undecided? Can whites never do any wrong in your eyes?
Are you sure the whites are part of this agreement cause the last time I checked they were working on themselves training themselves for self defense against those trying to take their lands.

I'm not attacking the blacks I'm only stating facts about South African economy and who owns it
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by TMKsouth: 11:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
jimyjames:

Are you sure the whites are part of this agreement cause the last time I checked they were working on themselves training themselves for self defense against those trying to take their lands.

I'm not attacking the blacks I'm only stating facts about South African economy and who owns it

It's not a fact that black people don't own anything in SA. So where did u pull that fake news out of?

Everyone is in agreement that there should be land redistribution in SA - the difficulty is that the ruling party wants to change the laws around how that will be achieved (without compensation in some instances).

That's why some whites are retaliating. But the government says some whites are abusing the system by overinflating the land prices, that's why there's been slow progress over the years.

All this is currently being debated in parliament.
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by BennyDGreat: 11:09pm On Oct 10, 2021
Amatarasha:
Me that was thrown out as little as 8yrs by my parents because I was Saying the truth on religion that Yahweh is Satan , tanks for a mum who took me in that I am relevant today '
They called me ogbanje ,witch and marine queen but haven't I been vindicated ?
Curse be on religion

Please share your story. When you create a thread please quote me
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by jimyjames(m): 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's not a fact that black people don't own anything in SA. So where did u pull that fake news out of?

Everyone is in agreement that there should be land redistribution in SA - the difficulty is that the ruling party wants to change the laws around how that will be achieved (without compensation in some instances).

That's why some whites are retaliating. But the government says some whites are abusing the system by overinflating the land prices, that's why there's been slow progress over the years.

All this is currently being debated in parliament.
I never said blacks don't own anything in SA but as a majority they own a little percentage not in anyway close to what the minority whites own,

Not everyone agrees with this land redistribution you are talking about, in fact the whites might not be that open about it but deep down they don't want to give up those lands, they see those lands as their inheritance secured for them by their ancestors, a white friend of mine told me so
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Scamburster(m): 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
Okoroawusa:

Even in South Africa there are places you will live and ambulances would not be available to you.
Example?
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by TMKsouth: 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
jimyjames:

I never said blacks don't own anything in SA but as a majority they own a little percentage not in anyway close to what the minority whites own,

Not everyone agrees with this land redistribution you are talking about, in fact the whites might not be that open about it but deep down they don't want to give up those lands, they see those lands as their inheritance secured for them by their ancestors, a white friend of mine told me so

So what's your point in the 2nd paragraph? Land redistribution has to happen - the current inequality is unsustainable and will only lead to a Zimbabwe situation should it persist any further. U should tell your white friend that.

As for the first paragraph we've already spoken about the history of SA regarding apartheid - where blacks were treated as second class citizens. And I showed proof 30% of the economy is now in black hands since 1994, with more targets ahead.
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by Scamburster(m): 11:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
Anago55:
. Is there any place in Nigeria that one can be afforded ambulance with just a click as obtainable elsewhere?

Even in Asokoro,lekki and other highbrow areas, we just don't have it,we are not there yet
That being (I don't know if it's a human) can defend anything as long as it concerns Nigerian government (systems).
Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by buymyride: 11:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
TMKsouth:

Hear from this popular Nigerian Youtuber based in SA cool

DIFFERENCE In SOUTH AFRICA Vs NIGERIA HOSPITALS you did not know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKtE6kljMy4

This one too.

COMPARING NIGERIAN HOSPITAL TO OTHER AFRICAN COUNTIRES LIKE SOUTH AFRICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8bbQmFkj4
hahahahaha cheesy grin

I knew quite alright, was just teasing you. Nigeria is a joke

Re: Charles Awuzie: Religion In Nigeria Feasts On Poverty, Lack Of Functional System by TMKsouth: 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
buymyride:
hahahahaha cheesy grin

I knew quite alright, was just teasing you. Nigeria is a joke

Eish!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LP's Alex Otti Campaigns In Abia: Look At The Condition Of The Road (Photos) / Governor Obiano Storms Head Bridge Onitsha (Pictures) / Nothern Group Removes Shettima As Patron Over Statement On Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.