Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Why Do Many People Fear Death? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many People Fear Death? (14500 Views)

Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? / Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? / Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 10, 2021
Because of the way Religion has twisted their minds with the tales of Hell and Heaven Also the fear of the pain Of Dying and Leaving this world behind because they are so attached to it .and since most people inherently think they are unworthy of Heaven they find comfort in in being on earth Rather than in Hell…

. They are Deceived because they do not know Death is Just a Gateway to Another Plane of Existence.

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by realstars: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2021
many fear becaused they dont want to go and R.I,P because there are not sure if they will rest, because there is no peace for the wicked, and the wicked has no peace in life, and in dead he has no rest. (zombie)
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by myked(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2021
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by SSIPON(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2021
Davefed:
. Is their evidence that death isn't transition?

The burden of proof is on those that make the claim.
If other animals won't get an afterlife, why should we.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by streetzdreamz(m): 11:26am On Oct 10, 2021
Tick tock, tick tock, time keeps ticking till it sends us all into the same unknown eternity. @ op, it's the fear of the unknown.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by okoroemeka(m): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:
Why do many people fear death? Death is just transition from one realm to another, if you have Jesus, going to heaven should be a thing of joy.

Death is the fear many join occultism, doing rituals and so on.
going to heaven to me is a transition from this world to another world that will be ridiculously boring,beating drums and singing praise from Morning till night looks a bit too much even for our egocentric and sadistic God,there is no joy in living forever,death is a half part of life .
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by SSIPON(m): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2021
BullyBullies:

Even the guys that did the research you are referring to were confused and 2 of them have given their lives to Christ. Don't be gullible !

What does quoting the scientific evidence for dreams, have to do with Christ or religion in general?

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Neddyogu(m): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:
Why do many people fear death? Death is just transition from one realm to another, if you have Jesus, going to heaven should be a thing of joy.

Like all living creatures, humans are creatures of instinct. Our first and only instinct is the instict of survival.

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by chatinent: 11:29am On Oct 10, 2021
CALCULUS16:
they are singing in heaven with angels and moving about in white robes with wings cheesy

Lol. Use Bible as reference.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by tellwisdom: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2021
yuping:
Me I just want to enjoy the fruit of my labour when they are still ripe.
If death is a choice nobody will be afraid but it comes at an unknown time.

Which labor again? All the money wey u de make, Na who de spend am?
Better you die now so you can continue in heaven. Can I pray for you?
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by sotall(m): 11:31am On Oct 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Let me ask you something similar. Is there evidence that suggests the existence of dreams ?

Yes.
Most people have had dreams and wake up to tell the dreams they had or even remember having dreams.

But coming back after being dead? Absolutely rare.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2021
We all pray for long life
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by CALCULUS16: 11:33am On Oct 10, 2021
chatinent:

Lol. Use Bible as reference.
na what dey often portray in drama i tell u so.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by IVORY2009(m): 11:36am On Oct 10, 2021
Bola146:
Because of their bad conscience and bad behaviours. All I pray is to make heaven anytime

But you are not clean.... lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by adabaraabdul: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2021
The problem is many pastors and leaders in the church don't want to die too, so the followers too follow suit. Nobody wants to die but everybody wants to go to heaven.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by SSIPON(m): 11:41am On Oct 10, 2021
Rey33:

Let me share a short Parable with you...
In a mother’s womb were two babies. The first baby asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?” The second baby replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.” “Nonsense,” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What would that life be?” “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths.” The doubting baby laughed. “This is absurd! Walking is impossible. And eat with our mouths? Ridiculous. The umbilical cord supplies nutrition. Life after delivery is to be excluded. The umbilical cord is too short.” The second baby held his ground. “I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here.” The first baby replied, “No one has ever come back from there. Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery it is nothing but darkness and anxiety and it takes us nowhere.” “Well, I don’t know,” said the twin, “but certainly we will see mother and she will take care of us.” “Mother?” The first baby guffawed. “You believe in mother? Where is she now?” The second baby calmly and patiently tried to explain. “She is all around us. It is in her that we live. Without her there would not be this world.” “Ha. I don’t see her, so it’s only logical that she doesn’t exist.” To which the other replied, “Sometimes when you’re in silence you can hear her, you can perceive her. I believe there is a reality after delivery and we are here to prepare ourselves for that reality when it comes….”

I have seen that post on Facebook grin grin grin grin

First of all, that analogy doesn't make any sense, humans are not the only ones who get pregnant so do other animals too get an "afterlife"??
Secondly, does the afterlife have another afterlife? Your most likely answer is no, why? Because your idea of an "afterlife" is the middle eastern tale which was passed down to you by Europeans.

I believe there is a reality after delivery and we are here to prepare ourselves for that reality when it comes….

Another reason why that unborn baby analogy doesn't work is because, you claimed that the twins have to prepare for their own birth (a.k.a reality) but we know that in the final trimesters of pregnancy, the preparation for birth is all done by the mother, not the freaking fetus. grin

Sorry, Try again sir.

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by SSIPON(m): 11:42am On Oct 10, 2021
ignis:

Don't worry, when you die and go to hell fire, reality will dawn on you.... But then it's too late.

Don't worry, there is not evidence to support such thing. You that believes in talking snakes and sticks turning into serpent, is now the one trying to give me a lecture on reality. Oh, the irony grin shocked
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Ammishaddai: 11:47am On Oct 10, 2021
wfchris042:
This a very silly question he said the fact so why the silly question I think you IQ is very low like that of a 6months child angry
[/s] It's so silly , everyone answered it but you. So that means your IQ is low
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by doggedfighter(f): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Like the fear of crocodiles and lions, they have to.

We are happy to die so that we can quickly be with Him!

Quickly be with him and you are still here ?
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by achillesfoot(m): 11:48am On Oct 10, 2021
In simple terms, people fear death because they are blinded to the truth.. Society prefers the soothing/comforting lies to the hurting truth.. Good morning Folks.

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by kingxsamz(m): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:
There is no evidence that death is a transition.
Wishful thinking led to this.
I don't think you would even know that you are dead.

Lol, thank you.
At least a sensible person commented first.

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Hugo55(m): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2021
People fear death because, they do not understand that death is just another way of transition into the other worlds of God.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by joyandfaith: 11:51am On Oct 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
What's your proof that suggests this ? Or can you prove the evidences of dreams...? Mtchwww
Dead know nothing
Ecc 9
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.

2. Dream is psychonatural phenomenon. Read interpretation of dream by the foremost psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud. Rarely, dreams can be supernatural induced.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Llarteaph17(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2021
Wait how do you even come up with this dumb ass nigga ideology.
Okay
If that should be the case then our life then is programmed to be 9 months and we could not even remember when we were there we could only imagine it. Using your dumb ass mentality, we will not be able to remember this life we're living now after death then.
Rey33:

Let me share a short Parable with you...
In a mother’s womb were two babies. The first baby asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?” The second baby replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.” “Nonsense,” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What would that life be?” “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths.” The doubting baby laughed. “This is absurd! Walking is impossible. And eat with our mouths? Ridiculous. The umbilical cord supplies nutrition. Life after delivery is to be excluded. The umbilical cord is too short.” The second baby held his ground. “I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here.” The first baby replied, “No one has ever come back from there. Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery it is nothing but darkness and anxiety and it takes us nowhere.” “Well, I don’t know,” said the twin, “but certainly we will see mother and she will take care of us.” “Mother?” The first baby guffawed. “You believe in mother? Where is she now?” The second baby calmly and patiently tried to explain. “She is all around us. It is in her that we live. Without her there would not be this world.” “Ha. I don’t see her, so it’s only logical that she doesn’t exist.” To which the other replied, “Sometimes when you’re in silence you can hear her, you can perceive her. I believe there is a reality after delivery and we are here to prepare ourselves for that reality when it comes….”
I sincerely hope this put some sense into you.
[b][/b]
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Toks2008(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2021
I don't fear death one bit.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by kingxsamz(m): 11:53am On Oct 10, 2021
Dem no wan go heaven again... grin grin
Even their pastors are living in luxury, enjoying life. They said heaven is better but they pray for long life on earth. Funny lots.

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Ammishaddai: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2021
joyandfaith:

Dead know nothing
Ecc 9
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.

2. Dream is psychonatural phenomenon. Read interpretation of dream by the foremost psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud. Rarely, dreams can be supernatural induced.
The parable of Lazarus and the rich man tells a different story of life after death in which the rich could recount a lot of things that happened prior to his death . Please read your bible and stop being in the fold of the ignorant
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Truvelisback(m): 11:55am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

I do not fear death but that doesn't mean that if a mad man comes after me with a sharp cutlass that i should stand.

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by joyandfaith: 11:56am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

We are created to live forever.
Ecc 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by seyz91(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:
There is no evidence that death is a transition.
Wishful thinking led to this.
I don't think you would even know that you are dead.

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by nairaman66(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

Nobody dies and go straight to heaven. We all after death go to the grave. I am using Lazarus as an example.., Jesus woke him from the grave, and not the heavens! Thanks

The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. / Rev. Chris Okotie’s Got A Love Child After 3 Abortions / What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters?