Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Why Do Many People Fear Death? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Many People Fear Death? (14505 Views)

Why Do Most People Fear Death, Yet It's The Way To Heaven? / Why Do People Fear Man Rather Than God? / Why Do People Fear Celestial Church People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by princewarri1985: 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:
Why do many people fear death? Death is just transition from one realm to another, if you have Jesus, going to heaven should be a thing of joy.

Death is the fear many join occultism, doing rituals and so on.
YOU ARE WRONG BECAUSE DEATH IS AN EVERLASTING SLEEP THAT YOU WILL NEVER WAKE UP FROM
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by SSIPON(m): 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

I have seen that post on Facebook grin grin grin grin

First of all, that analogy doesn't make any sense, humans are not the only ones who get pregnant, so do other animals too get an "afterlife"??
Secondly, does the afterlife have another afterlife? Your most likely answer is no, why? Because your idea of an "afterlife" is the middle eastern tale which was passed down to you by Europeans.

Another reason why that baby analogy doesn't work is because, you claimed that the twins have to prepare for their own birth, but we know that in the final trimesters of pregnancy the preparation for birth is all done by the mother, not the bleeping fetus. grin

Sorry, Try again sir.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by davidinchrist(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2021
oluwaSavage:
I no wan die because I dey Fear Hell 2.0, Naija na Hell 1.0... grin grin grin grin

And wait o, who wan die seylf? That person needs koboko

Well, you can still Repent of you want.

Luke.16.22 - So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.

Luke.16.23 - And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luke.16.24 - "Then he cried and said, "Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by DavidHarry(m): 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
The only way to live life is to die first. The fear of death is mental and every fear is the fear of death. Fear of failure, losing someone etc all the same and its the mind. When you separate from the mind and become its observer, the awakened person, you're dead to it, it no longer scares you or its just there as if you've accepted that death. So what's there to fear?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Akuruoulo(m): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bola146:
Because of their bad conscience and bad behaviours. All I pray is to make heaven anytime

Try as much .
Missing heaven is all we the living need to avoid
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by lasheun: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
Everyone propagating their sundry beliefs.
Many people get Jesus for naija but behave like people why get Satan.
What a shame.

Omooba77:
Why do many people fear death? Death is just transition from one realm to another, if you have Jesus, going to heaven should be a thing of joy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Rey33: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2021
kingxsamz:

This is the most illogical analogy you Christian folks love to use. I don't know why you think this is some highly intellectual point that you bring it up sometimes. grin

This is lame because 'delivery' is not the same thing as death. Delivery is just the process of life. Also, how can babies in the womb who have never seen delivery happen know what delivery is?

All these are illogical and laughable because babies in the womb aren't conscious of anything. So how are two babies in the womb having a full conversation that one of them is even laughing? Omo you people sef. grin

once again, how did they know there were others who have been delivered and how did they know what delivery is when they've never experienced it?
This is a very unintelligent, highly absurd and illogical take filled with so many loop holes and rubbish. Try another analogy. This is not a proof of heaven, hell, god/gods. This your own na primary school explanation.
Sorry to say you seem intelligent but you're very dumb to see that it's just a Parable... You took every word literally.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Nebutaman(m): 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
People fear death because of misinformation from birth and lack of spiritual experience. Socrates said, "Man know thyself." Unless you truly know who you are you will forever fear death. Who are you, body, mind or Soul? What is the difference between Soul and spirit? Which part of you takes charge when you are asleep and still find yourself awake in another body, dream? What is the relationship between the dream state and the waking state? When the body expires on earth what happens to the dream body? Man know thyself

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by musicwriter(m): 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

There's no such thing as death as a state of non existence. It's religion such as Christianity and Islam that are spreading disinformation and fear.

We're trapped in the universe and we're going nowhere else. Even from scientific point of view, your body would forever exist as color, chemical, gas, water, oil, etc but it's still you. Each is consciousness of itself. A gass is consciousness of itself, a color is consciousness of itself, a chemical is consciousness of itself. When they mix, they become consciousness of themselves.

We humans are here to experience all of them. Our job here is to mature in logic/rationality and emotions/spiritually so as to be able to make a good decision on what's wrong or right. Nobody will help you in this. Religion cannot help you. Jesus or Muhammad cannot help you.

Eastern religions such as Buddhaism, Shintoism, Hinduism have a better understanding of this and they teach that based on your judgement of what's right or wrong, you could come back in the next life as a frog or dog or elephant or fish, etc. Those who have passed good judgement between right or wrong would go higher i.e become something higher than human- probably what religions call angels or probably a smarter human being. You'll keep going higher until you flee (save) yourself from all wrongs by yourself. Again, it's your journey alone and nobody can help you jump the queue. Nature doesn't jump queue!!

No civilization ever on this earth has ever invested more time, energy and resources to investigate death than the ancient Egyptians. The ancient Egyptians agreed with Eastern religions and they said based on the scale of your judgement of right and wrong, you could become a frog, ant, goat, chicken, etc in different lifetimes and that it takes 3,000 years to complete the circle and become a human being again where you'll have another chance to pass judgement between right and wrong i.e to navigate between wrong and right.

Religion is the number one tool to deceive you and have you trapped forever in circles of birth and rebirth and unable to save yourself and climb higher and escape death (rebirth) because religions teach that someone else would help you.

Religious people would rank low on the scale when the so called death occur and they would never be able free themselves from many birth and rebirth circles because they've taken away responsibility of right and wrong away from themselves and instead depend on someone else.

You must prove to nature that your sense of logic/rationality and emotion/spiritually is sound based on the judgement you make in your daily life. Then, mother nature will rank you higher. Money cannot help you, in fact, money could be an impediment. Again, nobody but yourself can do that. Nobody will help you. This cannot be over emphasized.

The universe is our home and we're going nowhere.....but some would go higher.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by McTobe(m): 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
There are evidences my dear friend. And as against your concluding point, quite many people know that they are no more in the Gross matter when they pass over and they react differently to that condition, for many they are confused, some are just practically afraid appearing very fearful and a few dull submissions and a very little just accept their new condition and are ready to move on. Based on my own experiences I can confidently say that there is life beyond the present one that we are in and some people though minute few have experienced life over there and here at the same time. A joyful Sunday to you.
SSIPON:
There is no evidence that death is a transition.
Wishful thinking led to this.
I don't think you would even know that you are dead.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by DevPete: 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
Death was the only thing I feared the most in the world in time past, I do not fear God, not even satan. I keep thinking of what happens when people die, I imagine them waking up and discovering they have been buried, the horror, the pain, the helplessness... etc. At a point, Christians terrorized me with the fury of Jehovah lake of fire and that made me the most fearful of death.

Nevertheless, now I do not fear death, I have given up being afraid of what will happen, to me, any time it comes, anyone being called must go. I do not fear the religious hell, I just wonder which of the hell they will go to, is it Allah or Jehovah hell?

I have a belief that people fear death because they are uncertain what will play out, and they might have such lofty plans that never get executed, besides that nobody wants to stop living.

Live your life, for all must die.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Trustedpronet: 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
Na people like the op dey fear death pas
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by CountVersailles(f): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

There's nothing like Jesus. Even you don't realise that
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by SSIPON(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
McTobe:
There are evidences my dear friend. And as against your concluding point, quite many people know that they are no more in the Gross matter when they pass over and they react differently to that condition, for many they are confused, some are just practically afraid appearing very fearful and a few dull submissions and a very little just accept their new condition and are ready to move on. Based on my own experiences I can confidently say that there is life beyond the present one that we are in and some people though minute few have experienced life over there and here at the same time. A joyful Sunday to you.

So is their life after the after life? What about a before life? Do animals get an afterlife? Or are you a victim of wishful thinking.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by kingxsamz(m): 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
Rey33:

Sorry to say you seem intelligent but you're very dumb to see that it's just a Parable... You took every word literally.

Lol, smart guy wey no sabi use Analogy well.
You're using an analogy that is totally out of place and doesn't fit into the narrative you're trying to prove. Tell me how delivery is the same thing as death and how those babies were able to know about delivery when they've not experienced it or seen it happen?
Next time think before typing.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by UltimateStarman: 2:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

HE loves you
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Aganju849: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

Because they spend their entire lives doing evil
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Osnami: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
Not really scared. What am scared of is horrible death ( through sickness, accident, pains and so on).
Anytime my time comes, let me just sleep and not wake up.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by ceejay80s(m): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
Only rich people fear death
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Innobee99(m): 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
SSIPON:

As Isaac Asimov said, death is peaceful, it's the transition to death that's hard.
That's from someone spiritual

Are u spiritual?
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by ActuaRise696969: 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

Fear of death is a convergence of sensation generated by the mono-dimensional sentient avatar when its algorithm accurately predicts the certainty of its demise.

And it is a real fear because the avatar will decompose into its molecular components at the appropriate time. Since the avatar is locked to a specific dimension of the electromagnetic spectrum, its sentience capability is limited to a dimension of the hologram hence it can not understand the entire spectrum of consciousness and even if the being within the avatar feels there is life after death, there is a certainty that it will not exist beyond the life-span of biological age.

The personality generated by the fusion of human avatar system and the soul crystal chip called ego or you, your name will also end when the avatar dies, so there is compelling fear even when you try to denounce it. grin You will die on two fronts, the body and the ego, but the ego's existence in life has been the basic function required by your Builder. So, you are constantly transmitting and computing data and that is your function.

There is an aspect that survive, and that is not you as body, but the 'cause of you', the essence of your existence. You must master intelligence to make it YOU. A YOU that lives and lives and dies and lives and dies and lives and retaining consciousness memories of its existences in the sentient database called Akash or, Cloud or Electromagnetic field or Ether etc etc

If you are not awakened to the level of connecting your personality to that aspect of you, called 'Real You', or Higher Self, or Player One or Soul, you are surely not going to feel that you actually existed.

Unless you become awakened to understanding the matrix, the programs running the matrix, the functions of the matrix, the owners of the systems of matrix and how to design these systems, you will be dead and will not even miss yourself, cos you really did not exist.

What I am saying in essence is, what ever it takes, know thyself, and you will understand why you exist and master how to transfer consciousness to different avatars, otherwise, you really just have nothing to loose if you just booze your way through life - as a slave does.

By the way, Jesus is a decoy.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
Op so you no dey fear death? Give me your location make I come kpai you na.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by bepositive11: 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Hahaha...is this evidence? The first line of this writeup say "mostly likely ", and that means the author is not even sure of what he's explaining. Bros , hide your face in shame grin

Please go and watch a documentary about dreams to see your evidence. You yourself have dreamt many times, haven't you?

Your argument is pointless
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by bepositive11: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
esmarcq:
Imagine working your ass off your whole life, and when it's time to reap thee harvest death comes, your struggle becomes pointless, death itself is not what one fears

That's why it's important to balance work and play
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Ammishaddai: 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
bepositive11:

Please go and watch a documentary about dreams to see your evidence. You yourself have dreamt many times, haven't you?

Your argument is pointless
We need evidences ,not babbles
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by ofiko123(m): 3:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
Because they know they would not make heaven..
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by SSIPON(m): 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
Innobee99:
That's from someone spiritual

Are u spiritual?
Isaac Asimov was agnostic.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by Valuc: 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
And who told u u will make heaven by the way .. and even before u said this ... I just knew it that you don't ve anything valuable on earth that's why u want to try another realm.. u better dey alive for other if u no get value for ursef
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by DeRichard(m): 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omooba77:

With Jesus you'll never fear death because you know you will end in heaven.
Re: Why Do Many People Fear Death? by suffering: 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
1. Fear of the unknown.
2. Innate fear of never existing. Every animal shares this.
3. Unclean consciences in the religious. They know the side of the afterlife they’ll end up.
4. The belief that the process will happen painfully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Release Of Semen While Sleeping, Does It Signifies You Have A Spiritual Wife. / Rev. Chris Okotie’s Got A Love Child After 3 Abortions / The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.