Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) (1037 Views)

Amara Ezenwoye Bags Masters Degree From UK University (Photos) / Hostel Built By Pastor David Ibiyeomie For Ignatius Ajuru University (Photos) / How Mass Communication Students Sit For Exams In Anambra University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by Sigggy: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Update from

Manchester United FC forward and England international footballer Marcus Rashford has received a honorary doctorate from The University of Manchester, UK, Siggy reports.

The initial award announcement was made in July last year, but due to the pandemic, an official in-person ceremony and celebration has been unable to take place until now.

The prestigious award is for his ongoing charity work and well-publicised campaign against child poverty off the field, as well as his outstanding sporting achievements on the pitch.

The accolade is the highest honour the University can bestow and, at just 23 years old, Marcus is the youngest recipient of an honorary degree in the history of The University of Manchester, Siggy reports.

He joins fellow Manchester United club legends Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton, who have also been honoured by the University in the past. Sir Alex Ferguson joined Marcus’s friends and family in attendance to see the England international receive his award from The University of Manchester’s President and Vice-Chancellor Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell.

Marcus said: “To be here in the presence of a great such as Sir Alex, and those who have played a huge role in my journey to be where I am today is special.

“I’m here to receive my Honorary Doctorate for my work around child poverty. Yesterday, millions of families across the UK lost a lifeline and a means of staying afloat. A move that could see child poverty rise to 1 in 3 children. For that reason, today is bittersweet.

“It’s time that representatives got out into communities like mine. It’s time they saw first-hand the true measure of struggle. COVID-19 can no longer be used as an excuse.”

https:///marcus-rashford-receives-doctorate-degree-from-manchester-university-photos/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by Sigggy: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
My boy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by appishani1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
He deserve it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by Treasure17(m): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
Congratulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by habsydiamond(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
Congratulations to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hmm. Footballer wey dey go school

Man u son. Congrats
Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by constance500: 5:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
Rashy to the world

Manchester United ♦️ to the world

1 Like

Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by Amotolongbo(f): 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2021
EmekaBlue:

Man u son. Congrats
This is a honorary award

2 Likes

Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by Housing(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
His advocacy on child care and support has been massive in the last two years. Assisting orphanages and calling on MPs to do the needful.

Congratulations Marcus

1 Like

Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by phenzy(m): 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
This is the real ”celebrity”

2 Likes

Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by JerrieBoss: 12:12am On Oct 11, 2021
Like Seriously.

Congratulations Marcus.
Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by chyzoo4u(m): 12:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Wow! That's lovely...
Doctor Rashford
Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by Oloniyan(m): 2:08am On Oct 11, 2021
EmekaBlue:

Man u son. Congrats

It's obvious that you didn't read it.

He deserves the award to spur him to do more.

By the way, seems we Blacks are more sensitive to hunger

1 Like

Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by CampussNews: 6:52am On Oct 11, 2021
From henceforth, your jersey no. 10 shall wear Dr. Rashford
Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 11, 2021
Oloniyan:

It's obvious that you didn't read it.

He deserves the award to spur him to do more.

By the way, seems we Blacks are more sensitive to hunger

Must you vomit such waste?
Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by christejames(m): 8:38am On Oct 11, 2021
Dr Rashford...

Congratulations
Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by Oloniyan(m): 8:39am On Oct 11, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Must you vomit such waste?

Sorry you need some help.

Have a fruitful week ahead
Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 11, 2021
Oloniyan:

Sorry you need some help.

Have a fruitful week ahead

I suppose you are an island

Have you heard that nobody is an island?

You speak of blacks like there's anything different apart from the color

Just go back to your vomit
Re: Marcus Rashford Receives Doctorate Degree From Manchester University (Photos) by OBALOLA55(m): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2021
Sigggy:
My boy grin
YOU MEAN YOUR BOSS

(1) (Reply)

THREAD CLOSED / Aisha Yesufu, Where Are You? UNN Students Chant As Peter Obi Shutdown ENUGU / The Strangest Secret In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.