Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

Who Knows Igbo Culture Very Well, Help Me Answer This Question. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Knows Igbo Culture Very Well, Help Me Answer This Question. (2200 Views)

"Wetin You Born" Why people always ask woman this question / The Next Time Your Wife Asks You This Question / A Man Died, Buried, Appeared In Another Land Where Nobody Knows Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Knows Igbo Culture Very Well, Help Me Answer This Question. by Susu888(m): 5:08am On Oct 11, 2021
Kyase:

The first wife’s son takes 50% (provided he’s the man’s first son) of the inheritance then the remaining share the remaining 50%

Kai ... See injustice and barbarity!

Probably the women won't get shishi while the first male born carries the lion share for being born first as if na him arrange his own arrival for this world or the rest are to blame for them coming behind.

Archaic people nd they claim civility O how will you expect them not to harbor hatred and envy for each other after this arrangement? undecided
Re: Who Knows Igbo Culture Very Well, Help Me Answer This Question. by femi4: 5:49am On Oct 11, 2021
etebefia:
A man that married 2 wives and had 5 sons from the 2 wives, 1 from the first wife and 4 from the second wife. How will his inheritance be shared?
1. between the two wives and then they will take to their sons or
2. equally among the 5 sons irrespective of their mothers.
EQUALLY.. their mothers are not in the equation
Re: Who Knows Igbo Culture Very Well, Help Me Answer This Question. by Cashio(m): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2021
SlyDev:
The female are not entitle to collect anything. The wives head will be shaved and they will drink the bath water of the husband.
don't be foolish. Who drinks bath water of a dead body? They do that in your village? Please tell us which village is that.
Re: Who Knows Igbo Culture Very Well, Help Me Answer This Question. by kingsmaila(m): 11:10am On Oct 13, 2021
etebefia:
A man that married 2 wives and had 5 sons from the 2 wives, 1 from the first wife and 4 from the second wife. How will his inheritance be shared?
1. between the two wives and then they will take to their sons or
2. equally among the 5 sons irrespective of their mothers.
Adopt the Islamic law of inheritance where the boys gets equal share irrespective of age or position in the family and the girls gets half of the boys and the wives and parents if alive get their own too and every body is happy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Someone Please Help!!! / GOLDRUSH: $3,000 Will Make You A Mixed Race Baby In Ghana / Can You Kiss Your Daughter Like This (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.