Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu (30766 Views)

Presidency: Osinbajo Issues Directive To Staff Appointed Into Tinubu’s Campaign / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Group Emerges In Abuja, Lagos / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by simplesearch: 8:22am On Oct 11, 2021
In all spirit of political and religious fairness and equity, if we are to remain happy as long as this union last. I think Osibanjo should succeeded Buhari a northern muslim. Osibanjo a southern Christian taking over fron Buhari will create a balance in the system. I thought Tinubu is a political strategist why cant he know this, or he's been mischievous about this political manoeuvring. This is no longer 1993 election, times have impacted on our democratic culture that warrant the creation of such balance between the south and the north for our own common good.
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by bareal(m): 8:24am On Oct 11, 2021
I really don't know what's wrong with us as a people. We are now talking about a man that deputised the worst president in the worst regime the country has ever witnessed.

We are also talking about a man who packaged a calamity for the country as the president.

If Awolowo, Pa Rewane, and the rest of NADECO chieftains were to be alive, would they have supported a calamity as Buhari?

Your answer is as good as mine. Definitely not!!!

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by NGpatriot: 8:25am On Oct 11, 2021
bareal:
I really don't know what's wrong with us as a people. We are now talking about a man that deputised the worst president in the worst regime the country has ever witnessed.

We are also talking about a man who packaged a calamity for the country as the president.

If Awolowo, Pa Rewane, and the rest of NADECO chieftains were to be alive, would they have supported a calamity as Buhari?

Wailing is allowed, it's your constitutional right, go ahead and wail out of control...

grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by chymeze: 8:27am On Oct 11, 2021
Osinbajo will not contest the election for presidency. He will rather get the presidency on a platter of gold, and it will happen this year. What is about to happen will shock many persons and alter a lot of permutations for those who are ambitious for the presidency. I repeat Osinbajo will become the president this year.

I saw in a vision this morning where the chief justice was quickly summoned and the VP was sworn in as the substantive president. I then saw the news captured everywhere. I asked what happened to the president? Then I saw the new president make drastic changes to the security architecture. I also saw a certain name...Udoedehe, and I saw DSS director attached to his name on a major newspaper.
Then the vision faded. The hand of God is about to sweep through this country!
With these, the permutations of many politicians who seek to be president will be dashed. God will put his own there and it will happen on a platter of gold for the VP without him having to contest any election to have it. God is about to show that he is on the throne.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:27am On Oct 11, 2021
Politics DIRTIEST GAME .
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by orisa37: 8:27am On Oct 11, 2021
He is a HOUSE CLEANER, a REFURBISHER AND a JACUZZI PER EXCELLENT.
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by Kayyus09(m): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2021
Good day.

Please, I am so much in need of employment.

I was badly affected by covid and have been struggling to get back on.

Please, if you have any vacant position at your place of work or link with someone who can get me fixed, I will so much appreciate you.

I have basic knowledge in:

- Microsoft Word (50wpm typing speed)
- Spreadsheet
- PowerPoint
- Internet Access
- Photoshop
- CorelDraw
- WordPress etc.

I am based in Ibadan (Available to relocate)

I have HND in Business Administration

May God reward you beyond measure.

Thank you.
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 11, 2021
Toks2008:
Tinubu's candidacy is D.O.A (Dead on arrival)

He is a kingmaker and should maintain that position by putting forward star boy.

It is a taboo for a king maker to start clamouring to be king cos he is above that position.

With all due respect, that is nonsense. Tinubu, if Nigeria is a sane nation, deserves to be President for what he has achieved politically and administratively. The man has done outstanding things only bigots and haters will deny.

He has every right to want to be President when the likes of Yar Adua and GEJ, unpresidential presidents in my opinion, have occupied Aso Rock.

Even as PYO and BAT will make excellent Presidents, Tinubu will be a far better and more effective President than Osinbajo from the perspective of having the 100% respect of all his political peers in Nigeria, Africa and Universally to include even those who hate him. International cooperation with Nigeria and political goodwill for us will be through the roof under BAT !!!

Tinubu should go for it if fit and healthy and has no major health issues that can affect his ability to lead Nigeria optimally. If not I believe he will do the honorable thing and support Osinbajo. Win win for Yorubas. Two very strong candidates. The strongest by far from the South.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by Echoban: 8:30am On Oct 11, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

We will support Osibanjo over Tinubu because Tinubu is worst than a criminal

Sharap. Bloody ipob.we know una. Right in ur eyes Jagaban ur tomentor is matching into Ask Rock.

Religious bigot.

Shebi Osinbanjo has loyalist that LL vote him in Primary.
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by orisa37: 8:31am On Oct 11, 2021
hisexcellency34:
i even heard APC has recognised Osinbajo campaign group. Tinubu will shock his supporters when he says he will not run

The Supporters are MERCENARY SYCOPHANTS.
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by bareal(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2021
NGpatriot:

Wailing is allowed, it's your constitutional right, go ahead and wail out of control...

grin grin

I ask you again, if the NADECO chieftains were to be alive, would they have supported a man that truncated our democracy to become the president?

Answer honestly!!!
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by dapolaw(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2021
Then you don't know Asiwaju, he is not selfish as you think. He will never allow his personal ambition becloud his sense of reasons.... Osinbajo is a product of Asiwaju school of politics, Tinubu will not do anything to undermine the electoral victory of the APC in any form.

All SWAGA structures will be collapsed to support Osinbajo if eventually Tinubu choose not to contest.

Sirjamo:
I would love to have a cerebral and highly respected man like Osinbajo as our next president, but, I am sorry to say this, that Pastor tag he carries is a bad market in the north, especially if a northerner is on the ballot for PDP.

Meanwhile, Tinubu is the most popular southern politician in the north.

If anybody thinks that, Tinubu will forget his own ambition to support another, despite all the bright chances he has to become president, that person doesn't know anything about politics.

Tinubu would rather destroy APC and revive ACN, the man has a strong sense of entitlement to the seat.

I AM DONE TALKING

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by NGpatriot: 8:35am On Oct 11, 2021
OneTemplate:

With all due respect, that is nonsense. Tinubu, if Nigeria is a sane nation, deserves to be President for what he has achieved politically and administratively. The man has done outstanding things only bigots and haters will deny.

He has every right to want to be President when the likes of Yar Adua and GEJ, unpresidential presidents in my opinion, have occupied Aso Rock.

Even as PYO and BAT will make excellent Presidents, Tinubu will be a far better and more effective President than Osinbajo from the perspective of having the 100% respect of all his political peers in Nigeria, Africa and Universally to include even those who hate him. International cooperation with Nigeria and political goodwill for us will be through the roof under BAT !!!

Tinubu should go for it if fit and healthy and has no major health issues that can affect his ability to lead Nigeria optimally. If not I believe he will do the honorable thing and support Osinbajo. Win win for Yorubas. Two very strong candidates. The strongest by far from the South.

Very well said.

Both men are outstanding choices, but I prefer Tinubu because of his previous administrative experience and wonderful accomplishments.

Osinbajo is good, but Tinubu is better.

That being said, it's still going to be Osinbajo at the end of the day, this Tinubu charade is a diversion to preserve Osinbajo.

Tinubu by choice is a kingmaker, not a king.

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 11, 2021
bareal:

You guys always blathering on about the past are annoying empty barrels who can never move on to be about solutions.

You are vindictive and worthlessly fixated on the past that is gone and cannot be changed.

Tinubu supported a man he thought had the best chance to be President under his Party platform. Like most of us, I am sure Tinubu thought Buhari would do better and listen to wise political, administrative, policy and socio-economic counsel.

It was still ultimately up to Nigerians to accept or reject Buhari. If Awolowo etal were around they would tell people like you to focus on solutions and not petty blame game your sort cannot rise above.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by dapolaw(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2021
Nice analysis, and thank you for removing Ganduje from the picture....

But SLS is not even a member of the APC so I don't think it will be possible.

Please, Borno will have to borrow Nigeria Zulum for 4vyears... Make Dem no vex.

KATSINA01:
That is uncalled for, the tribal angle, I'm from Katsina state and I'm also a strong advocate for an Osibanjo Presidency. Osibanjo is not burdened by the moral and ethical baggage of Tinubu, no corruption accusations to hang around his neck, intellectually sound, a true 21st century individual while maintaining fear of God. Zulum is unrealistic, the people of Borno need him more than going to the Presidency and becoming a vice while he can directly touch the lives of his people as Governor.
The ideal VP is either Elrufai, SLS or Ganduje, the problem with Ganduje is the strong corruption accusations, however, an Osibanjo/SLS presidency will be brave and will counterbalance the religious tension in the country, people forget SLS is Khalifa of Tijaniyyah (Largest Muslim sect in Africa). The only problem is will SLS be comfortable being VP. Elrufai is another perfect candidate, however, accusations and utterances he made in the past might come back to haunt him. Though, it'll be a truly 21st century Presidency. I give 100% my support to any of the above.
Osibanjo/SLS or Osibanjo/Elrufai.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by NGpatriot: 8:38am On Oct 11, 2021
bareal:

I ask you again, if the NADECO chieftains were to be alive, would they have supported a man that truncated our democracy to become the president?

Answer honestly!!!

Of what relevance is NADECO in 2021/2023 with APC?

Stop polluting the discussion with irrelevant ancient story.
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by AutoChick4U(f): 8:38am On Oct 11, 2021
Please the suffering is enough. We don't want anyone who has failed in office to lead this country again!!!!

Nigerians are you people not tired? 6kg of Gas is now 4200naira oo

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by Mossadd: 8:40am On Oct 11, 2021
Sammy07:

Who are the we?
Speak for yourself, you ain't Yoruba

you won't be among the delegates that will votes in APC primary.

If at all Osibanjo or Fashola loose out and Tinubu in.
We Yorubas will gladly vote him over any northerner

Get that into your head.
who are we? Alaye speak for yourself no sensible Yoruba will vote for that thief

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by bareal(m): 8:40am On Oct 11, 2021
NGpatriot:

Of what relevance is NADECO in 2021/2023 with APC?

Stop polluting the discussion with irrelevant ancient story.

I only ask you a simple question. If you don't check where you have made mistakes, how would you make amends?
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by ityP(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2021
Kubernetes:
Osinbajo in APC and Atiku in pdp?
Atiku will dust Osinbajo in the 6 geozones

Atiku will not be PDP's candidate. He has seen the handwriting on the wall

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by ityP(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2021
Kaiser20:
Mr.Tinubu the Bullion van actor will never contest any elections.
He is a smart guy, and he knows he belongs to the super class of Corrupt politicians in Nigeria. He wouldn't want to fail.
He prefers his backstage and godfather politics instead.

You sabi Tinubu well
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by witworth(m): 8:43am On Oct 11, 2021
If person don tell Tinubu before say he go take him hand kill himself, he no go believe.
Na osinbajo wey him nominated na in go come send am go exile
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by maybanks: 8:44am On Oct 11, 2021
The headline to this Story is the only thing pitching Osinbajo against Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by NGpatriot: 8:44am On Oct 11, 2021
bareal:

I only ask you a simple question. If you don't check where you have made mistakes, how would you make amends?

...but what's NADECO got to do with the topic and today's political events?
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by Fafesot: 8:44am On Oct 11, 2021
Sammy07:
cool
Osibanjo or Fashola
I'm just confident that Tinubu no go run for 2023 election. He's only playing the game. You don't make your move early cheesy
BTW, 2023 should be the first time we chase y Fulani's out of power President - Osibanjo - Yoruba Vice - Zulum - Kanuri S.P - Orji Kalu - Igbo Speaker - Just give one S.S man
I love this, this is wisdom. but how can we put the north of power forever?
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by adesegun121(m): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2021
orisa37:

Which one be "ojelu"? Are you referring to the party?
Ojelu is opposite of Oselu

No more oselu in nigeria we have ojelu undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by bareal(m): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2021
OneTemplate:

You guys always blathering on about the past are annoying empty barrels who can never move on to be about solutions.

You are vindictive and worthlessly fixated on the past that is gone and cannot be changed.

Tinubu supported a man he thought had the best chance to be President under his Party platform. Like most of us, I am sure Tinubu thought Buhari would do better and listen to wise political, administrative, policy and socio-economic counsel.

It was still ultimately up to Nigerians to accept or reject Buhari. If Awolowo etal were around they would tell people like you to focus on solutions and not petty blame game your sort cannot rise above.

Don't be ashamed to say it loudly. If they were around they wouldn't agree to package a calamity on the country knowing fully well that he would repeat the same again. They had the interest of the country at heart not the party as we are seeing these days.

You see, let me tell you we need to acknowledge the past in other to make amends where we have made mistakes. That's how it should be!
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2021
NGpatriot:

Very well said.

Both men are outstanding choices, but I prefer Tinubu because of his previous administrative experience and wonderful accomplishments.

Osinbajo is good, but Tinubu is better.

That being said, it's still going to be Osinbajo at the end of the day, this Tinubu charade is a diversion to preserve Osinbajo.

Tinubu by choice is a kingmaker, not a king.

I am personally down with that and will campaign for PYO as passionately as I would do for Tinubu.

Yorubas have always been relatively sophisticated politically but we have grown very focused and purposeful thanks to the antics of the Buhari cabal.

Even Ladoja and Fayose have spoken aggresively in favour of Tinubu's ambition lately to show how united Yorubas are regarding 2023 'mission'.

This is because Buhari, Malami etal have opened the eyes of Nigerian leaders with their 'ethnicising' of our politics to the extent others, like the Yorubas, now understand they must start lookinv beyond Party lines and doing same for the sake of self-preservation.

Tinubu or PYO, Yorubas are ready to back either with everything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by Echoban: 8:49am On Oct 11, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Please the suffering is enough. We don't want anyone who has failed in office to lead this country again!!!!

Nigerians are you people not tired? 6kg of Gas is now 4200naira oo

Of all the political, analysis discussion and permutations all that is in ur mind is kitchen and cooking undecided How are u then different from a kid been spoon-fed with biscuits while they take his clothing's and belongings

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by bareal(m): 8:49am On Oct 11, 2021
NGpatriot:

...but what's NADECO got to do with the topic and today's political events?

Just answer the question. Afterall, Tinubu was an important part of NADECO and we know what they stood for. They fought for the democracy we are enjoying today. Their plans and ideologies were great. It wasn't about their personal aggrandisement or the party but about the whole country, the citizenry.

So what changed now considering the fact that Tinubu should carry on with the ideologies.
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by RichAbujaGuy: 8:52am On Oct 11, 2021
TheRareGem1:
Political jobbers are at work again.

And NL tribalists sha. Daily routine on this platform.
Re: 2023 Presidency : Osinbajo's Moves To Succeed Buhari Pitches Him Against Tinubu by Reference(m): 8:53am On Oct 11, 2021
Here they come.again. Just like in 2014, making democracy appear like a beauty pageant and the Presidency akin to Miss World.

No one is talking about capacity, no one is talking about ability. No one is talking about the solutions to the numerous challenges. No one is talking about the people.

They are talking about themselves because to them democracy is all about themselves. And unfortunately to those who democracy is expected to serve, are not bothered. They are just there to watch the pageant.

It is only a failed candidate that will talk about himself and dream about his wages but is completely at sea with the tasks he is expected to perform at the establishment he seeks employment.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Peter Obi's Campaign At Ariaria Market, Aba / Dino Melaye Shares Photo From His Hospital Bed / Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.