Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale (18362 Views)

The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria / MTN Nigeria Gains N184b On First Day Of Trading On The NSE / How To Invest In MTN Nigeria Shares. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by daewoorazer(m): 7:44am On Oct 11, 2021
By Kehinde Akinseinde-Jayeoba | Lagos
On Oct 11, 2021

MTN Nigeria is offering N90 billion worth of bonds with 10 years maturity for sale to investors after obtaining regulatory approval for the exercise.

The book build for the N90 billion series II bond is took place on Friday, October 8, 2021, a notice from the telecommunications giant confirmed.

Last month, MTN Nigeria, the largest telco in the country, informed the investing public that it was awaiting approvals from the regulators on the N90 billion bond sale.

The statement stated that the issuance of the note was one of its strategies “of diversifying its funding sources” through the capital market, which offered a cheaper avenue for borrowing when compared with what is obtained at the financial institutions.

MTN Nigeria had initially said it planned to take about N200 billion from the market through the sale of the papers in series. The exercise happening today is the second tranche.

“MTN Nigerian Communications Plc has obtained the approval of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to launch the Series II 10-Year Fixed Rate Bond announced on September 21, 2021.

“The Series II Bond represents the completion of the N200 billion registered shelf programme.

In addition, the bond issuance continues to reinforce MTN Nigeria’s strategy of diversifying its funding sources.

“MTN Nigeria will launch the book build in respect of the Series II Bond on October 8, 2021,” the statement signed by the company secretary, Uto Ukpanah, stated.

Lagos is the second least liveable city in the world for the year 2021. This is according to the most recent annual ranking put together by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)…

https://tribuneonlineng.com/mtn-nigeria-offer-n90bn-bond-for-sale/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by daewoorazer(m): 7:45am On Oct 11, 2021
The valid question remains:

Is this a good investment with the dwindling value of naira?

Even if the bond appreciates by 1000% in ten years, what if 1 dollar is 1000 naira by 2031?

Especially with the crop of re.tar.ded leaders Nigerians keep voting into power.

151 Likes 12 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by slawormiir: 8:15am On Oct 11, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Ain't no business oriented right from out set....or rather from the beginning

But i will grab my weed and learn...

Apart from smoking weed, drinking beer, banging pussy, bombing and key boarding....a real niggarrr should always seek for knowledge anyday anytime twice on Monday

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Hotzone(m): 8:15am On Oct 11, 2021
Nice to invest

We must survive

Happy new week to all peace lovers

South easterners should shun sit at home

Say no to terrorism

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by almsofgold: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2021
grin
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Crowwejihadist: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2021
Investors are already piling up to buy.
Including my father.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by BafanaBafana: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2021
Kai
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by tefishy(m): 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
RISK BEHOLDS
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Mexzy4sho(m): 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Nonsense.....

Investing in Naira is the worst thing one can do now...

6 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Sonnobax15(m): 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
lipsrsealed
I fully Stan with the comment of the FTC on this thread lipsrsealed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Fogman(m): 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Will this be a wise investment?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Sharatan(m): 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
they should have said they were going bankrupt instead of tampering with their network last week. That nonsense cost me a lucrative business transaction .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by aumusa: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
daewoorazer:

Even if the bond appreciates by 1000% in ten years, what if 1 dollar is 1000 naira by 2031?

Especially with the crop of re.tar.ded leaders Nigerians keep voting into power.

If it were in usd then we would have said its a good idea, but naira? I feel sorry for the investors

14 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by IMASTEX: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Exactly, any investment in Naira isn't worth it.
daewoorazer:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by fotadmowmend(m): 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Ok
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by SmartPolician: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2021
Investment in naira is the worst decision anyone can make now. Every day, the value of naira falls like a pack of cards.

9 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by OCTAVO: 8:18am On Oct 11, 2021

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Mopolchi: 8:18am On Oct 11, 2021
Waste of investment. When you get your money back, you will be plunged into regrets because the dollars is appreciating against our naira. Time value of money or money illusion comes to mind.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Shellsploit: 8:19am On Oct 11, 2021
Company wey dey prepare to leave Nigeria cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Triangles1(m): 8:19am On Oct 11, 2021
Converting Naira to Dollar now is like mixing gari with sniper liquid.

5 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Bigchristo: 8:20am On Oct 11, 2021
aumusa:

If it were in usd then we would have said its a good idea, but naira? I feel sorry for the investors
Na BP go finished whoever risk his or her finance to invest in Naira

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Nctrice(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2021
how do we lay our hands on some of these bonds without being scammed.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by chidonweb(m): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2021
It is not advisable to buy bonds in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Olayetan(m): 8:21am On Oct 11, 2021
Wow

Would have love to buy if I have money for speculative motives.

But I've got money for only transaction motives.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by kingsleefolli(m): 8:21am On Oct 11, 2021
The looter will walk straight to them.while the hungry soul will be finding means to survive.can't someone plan coup for buhari.the suffering is getting to 99%.and we still have 1years to go

5 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by MrImole: 8:21am On Oct 11, 2021
How much last?
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Grace001: 8:21am On Oct 11, 2021
I wish them happy sale
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by DSC7: 8:22am On Oct 11, 2021
If i don see money to chop i go begin save to buy this Bonds.... lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:22am On Oct 11, 2021
Now that I've put all my money in crypto angry
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by MrImole: 8:23am On Oct 11, 2021
daewoorazer:

Aa

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by abobote: 8:24am On Oct 11, 2021
With the way naira is depreciating, one will need to consult extensively before making such investment

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange / Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles / Dubai To Build The Biggest Mall In The World, Complete With Theme Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.