Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,744 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale (18372 Views)

The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria / MTN Nigeria Gains N184b On First Day Of Trading On The NSE / How To Invest In MTN Nigeria Shares. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by descarado: 8:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Buharinomics lso affected MTN.
It's alright.
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by ashawopikin(m): 8:28am On Oct 11, 2021
10 years far o
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by OG1BABY(f): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2021
Okay
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by just2endowed: 8:29am On Oct 11, 2021
Nctrice:
how do we lay our hands on some of these bonds without being scammed.

Visit your bank or an investment house
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Kayyus09(m): 8:31am On Oct 11, 2021
Good day.

Please, I am so much in need of employment.

I was badly affected by covid and have been struggling to get back on.

Please, if you have any vacant position at your place of work or link with someone who can get me fixed, I will so much appreciate you.

I have basic knowledge in:

- Microsoft Word (50wpm typing speed)
- Spreadsheet
- PowerPoint
- Internet Access
- Photoshop
- CorelDraw
- WordPress etc.

I am based in Ibadan (Available to relocate)

I have HND in Business Administration

May God reward you beyond measure.

Thank you.
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by DisLifeSha: 8:31am On Oct 11, 2021
The dollar is stable. It's the naira that's continuously depreciating

Mopolchi:
Waste of investment. When you get your money back, you will be plunged into regrets because the dollars is appreciating against our naira. Time value of money or money illusion comes to mind.
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by valiju: 8:32am On Oct 11, 2021
Brother wetin happen now why 2031 instead of 2023 that is surely inevitable now
daewoorazer:
The valid question remains:

Is this a good investment with the dwindling value of naira?

Even if the bond appreciates by 1000% in ten years, what if 1 dollar is 1000 naira by 2031?

Especially with the crop of re.tar.ded leaders Nigerians keep voting into power.
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by obembet(f): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2021
Hotzone:
Nice to invest

Say no to terrorism

Say no to Buhari And Gumi
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by fineboynl(m): 8:36am On Oct 11, 2021
Umm. MTN is planning to Japan be that oh.
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by redcliff: 8:37am On Oct 11, 2021
we are not interested when crypto dey. lol
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:39am On Oct 11, 2021
daewoorazer:

Even if the bond appreciates by 1000% in ten years, what if 1 dollar is 1000 naira by 2031?

Especially with the crop of re.tar.ded leaders Nigerians keep voting into power.

Now they are warming up to vote for Tinubu again another disaster
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Quality20(m): 8:41am On Oct 11, 2021
this is a good one sha. mtn is a great high profit investment whether in naira or whatever currency
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Psalmistproject: 8:42am On Oct 11, 2021
With all that is happening now, who Knows what awaits this country in 10yrs? Any right thinking person in Nigeria now will only invest in multinational corporations that you can withdraw your proceed through international means not national this means recieving proceed in dollars. Alternatively, it's wiser to wait till after 2023.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by RuddyFusion(m): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2021
daewoorazer:

That's far it might hit 1000 ( dollar to naira ) by next year
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by BlackAlien007: 8:44am On Oct 11, 2021
With the way naira is going 2031 is far for 1doll to 1000
daewoorazer:

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by ladychioma: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2021
daewoorazer:

Good question that needs an answer.
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Mpanyi: 8:50am On Oct 11, 2021
Wise MTN. Always using Nigerians money inside Nigeria and refusing to bring in even one dollar. Too much sense no go kee una.
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Stalent(m): 8:53am On Oct 11, 2021
Wetin b this na grin grin
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 11, 2021
daewoorazer:

The issue here isn't exchange rates but inflation

Is the interest rate fixed or floating that should be your concern not exchange rate.

If it is fixed, what is the tenure of the bond, 1 -5 years, 5 -7 years or 7 -10 years.

If the bond interest is fixed with a short tenure, then it is good, if the bond interest is fixed but with long tenure and no coupons, then no, how will the returns help in hedging against inflation.

The positive side is that you are guaranteed an income for the duration of the bond and also bond is a very good hedge against inflation because of coupons on all bonds.

If you invest 10M, with 12% interest in your bond for 10 years

Every year, you will be receiving almost 1.2 M
Every 6 month 600k
Your bond is worth monthly 100k
After 10 years, you will get your 10M back.

So it is a win win situation

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by AK481(m): 9:00am On Oct 11, 2021
daewoorazer:

better than keeping your money in the bank

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by oobinna: 9:02am On Oct 11, 2021
Triangles1:
Converting Naira to Dollar now is like mixing gari with sniper liquid.

I'd rather have my money in dollars than naira.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by BIGDADDY000(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2021
daewoorazer:

. God bless you my brother, because you are a visionary
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by MansoryMX(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2021
daewoorazer:

You suppose dey work for CBN. So much sense in this your analysis

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Nctrice(m): 9:23am On Oct 11, 2021
yea thanks. Just saw that stanbicIBTC is one of their issuing houses. And knowing that it’s also a SA company too... guess I’ll just walk into a Stanbic bank later today. I’ll share my findings here too .
just2endowed:

Visit your bank or an investment house
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Starz825(m): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2021
Fogman:
Will this be a wise investment?
That's why it's called investment...
You won't know until the end...
Whether you lose or win
Guy ...na risk...
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 11, 2021
Starz825:

That's why it's called investment...
You won't know until the end...
Whether you lose or win
Guy ...na risk...

Bond is a very low risk investment especially with a global company like MTN, you are guaranteed your money back after the duration of the bond.

Bond is a good way to get a guaranteed income yearly, not only that, you are guaranteed your intial invested money
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 11, 2021
I got no comment on this thread.

No matter how rich you are, if 95% of your customers are below the poverty line, it will negatively affect your business.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Tmlivesport(m): 9:31am On Oct 11, 2021
kingsleefolli:
can't someone plan coup for buhari.the suffering is getting to 99%.and we still have 1years to go

NOTHING BAD IF YOU LEAD THE COUP SIR
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Starz825(m): 9:31am On Oct 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Bond is a very low risk investment especially with a global company like MTN, you are guaranteed your money back after the duration of the bond.

Bond is a good way to get a guaranteed income yearly, not only that, you are guaranteed your intial invested money
You are right Sha ..
Since mtn is a global company
No fear of liquidation
But then this country...guy grin
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by philiancoop(m): 9:31am On Oct 11, 2021
What's the coupon rate
Re: MTN Nigeria Offer ₦90 Billion Bond For Sale by Omoluabi16(m): 9:41am On Oct 11, 2021
This is not a bad idea.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange / Investors Turn To Nigeria As South-Africa Struggles / Dubai To Build The Biggest Mall In The World, Complete With Theme Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.