Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,651 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria (49796 Views)

SEC Declines PZ Cussons’s Request To Buy Other Shareholders And Delist / How To Invest In MTN Shares In 2021? / How To Invest In MTN Nigeria Shares. (2) (3) (4)

The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by gcey2k(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2019
Last week, MTN Group Limited, Africa’s largest mobile phone company, listed its Nigerian unit on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

MTN Nigeria is the market leader in the mobile telecom space in Africa’s most populous country, with more than 67 million customers at the end of last year, according to the Nigerian Communications Commission.

With a market capitalization north of $6 billion, MTN Nigeria becomes the second largest company on the Nigerian bourse after Dangote Cement which has a current value of more than $8.3 billion.

MTN chose a listing without an IPO, simply opting to list its existing shareholders’ equity. Its current stock price is N108 per share. The paperwork it filed for its public listing also reveals who the biggest individual shareholders are.

Even though most of them on this list have used their MTN shares as collateral for humongous loans according to a highly placed Nigerian banking executive who confided in this reporter, these are the 6 richest shareholders of MTN Nigeria.

Source: Mfonobong Nsehe

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2019/05/19/meet-the-6-largest-individual-shareholders-in-mobile-telecom-giant-mtn-nigeria/amp/

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Tocynone(m): 11:37am On May 20, 2019
A promising investment
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by gcey2k(m): 11:39am On May 20, 2019
Victor Odili

Value of Shares: $244 million

Victor Odili is MTN Nigeria’s largest individual shareholder with 806,886,900 shares currently valued at N87.7 billion ($244 million). The Nigerian businessman is the chairman and executive director of Aeromaritime Group, a parent company to over 8 member-companies operating in different sectors across Nigeria including shipping, stevedoring and oil and gas.

Pascal Dozie

Value of Shares: $102 million

Pascal Dozie is the founder of Diamond Bank, a commercial bank which recently merged with Access Bank to create one of Nigeria’s largest financial institutions. His Family Office, Kunoch Limited has investments in hotels, financial services and energy in Nigeria. Dozie owns 340,409,900 shares or 1.67% of MTN Nigeria, a stake currently valued at N37.07 billion ($102 million).

Lalasticlala

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by gcey2k(m): 11:41am On May 20, 2019
Sani Mohammed Bello

Value of Shares: $80.1 million

Sani Bello is the founder of Amni International Petroleum Development Co., a Nigerian oil exploration company. He owns 265,092,150 shares or 1.3% of MTN Nigeria, a stake currently valued at N28.87 billion ($80.1 million).

Babatunde Folawiyo

Value of Shares: $66.1 million

Tunde Folawiyo is the managing director of the Yinka Folawiyo Group, a conglomerate with interests in energy, agriculture, shipping, real estate and engineering. He owns 218,815,100 shares or 1.07% of MTN Nigeria, a shareholding that is worth N23.83 billion ($66.1 million).

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by gcey2k(m): 11:42am On May 20, 2019
Gbenga Oyebode

Value of Shares: $55 million

One of Nigeria’s most renowned commercial lawyers, Gbenga Oyebode is a founder and Managing Partner of Aluko & Oyebode- a successful corporate and commercial law firm in Nigeria. He owns 181,776,250 shares or 0.89% of MTN Nigeria, a stake that’s currently worth N19.8 billion ($55 million).

Ahmed Dasuki

Value of Shares: $53.75 million

He is the founder of Quaditect Consultants. He is also the Chairman of Drill Masters Africa, the largest indigenous exploration drilling company in Ghana, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of XEX Limited Nigeria and the Chairman of Interglobal Limited, a leading IT company in Nigeria. He owns 152,717,850 shares or 0.75%, currently worth N19.35 billion ($53.75 million).
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by tillaman(m): 1:56pm On May 20, 2019
Mehn, some people are so freaking rich that the only problem they might be facing is how to spend their money! These figures am ehn you can’t finish it in a life time! Aje

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 1:56pm On May 20, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Phyqee10(m): 1:56pm On May 20, 2019
Na dem!!
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Authoreety: 1:56pm On May 20, 2019
Na so
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by MrPresident1: 1:56pm On May 20, 2019
Elpresidente MrPresident1

Value of Shares: $1 billion

One of Nigeria’s most renowned end time preachers, Elpresidente MrPresident1 is a prolific preacher on Nairaland, a successful corporate preacher in Nigeria. He owns 700,000,000 shares or 25% of MTN Nigeria, a stake that’s currently worth N360 billion ($1 billion).

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by bamirotola: 1:57pm On May 20, 2019
Tooh
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Thekillingjoke: 1:57pm On May 20, 2019
Pascal Dozie!!! Money Man

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by demolinka(m): 1:57pm On May 20, 2019
Op where my name angry

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by illiteratepmb: 1:58pm On May 20, 2019
Good investors

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Birikiti: 1:58pm On May 20, 2019
Well played
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Okoyeebows: 1:58pm On May 20, 2019
Before you put 1 Naira in the Nigerian stock exchange, go and watch THE WOLF OF WALL STREET. Nigerian Stock Exchange is a place run by Judas Iscariots. Go and find out what Ndi Okereke Onyuike did there. Go and find out what Transcorp did there.

People regularly get burnt in that place of corporate scammers, you need sound financial education to make money there.

Let me tell you a secret Mtn doesn't want you to know. There is a company called MTN International (Mauritius) Limited, which has the controlling 76.08 per cent equity, or 15,485,544,050 shares valued at about N309.71 billion. Once they recoup their money paid as fine with extra by gullible Nigerians, they are getting out. That's exactly how Etisalat got a cash investment and Mudabala telecoms (the Arab owners) ran off with the money.

What most people don't know is that just last Friday, Mtn borrowed 200 Billion for a 7 year tenure from a consortium of banks just Friday 17th of May.

You see that fine mtn paid, they are stylishly collecting it back from Nigerians. They would eventually dump everything and run off like Etisalat. They are scamming as much people as possible preparatory to running away.

The banks they obtained the loan from know this but they don't care. They would willingly take over mtn like they did to Etisalat.

This same Gbenga Oyebode on Mtn board is the chairman of Access bank. Go and find out what Access bank did to Etisalat.

Edit:
5 days after made this post, EFCC raided Mtn's head office for alleged manipulation of the stock market. For those insulting me for saying the truth, don't let your greed make you support your fellow humans being fleeced by crooks.

181 Likes 19 Shares

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by superstar1(m): 1:58pm On May 20, 2019
Wazobia
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by nepapole(m): 1:58pm On May 20, 2019
I cant find my name there.... Op, goan check VAR oooo..

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by nairalandbuzz(m): 1:58pm On May 20, 2019
Na dem dem
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by mimilogistics: 1:59pm On May 20, 2019
This is super lovely and admirable smiley

Meanwhile, Mimi Logistics one of Nigeria's fastest growing e-commerce logistics and business solution startup is fully ready to help your mini importation and e-commerce business grow faster than ever, how

Aside helping you to start selling on Jumia/Konga no matter where u live, and on Amazon USA, we can also help you buy in China on 1688, alibaba and ship directly to:

1.) Tanzania
2.) Togo
3.) Ghana (sea cargo only)
4.) South Africa (airport pickup....we send to SA and you pick from airport)
5.) USA (we can package your goods according to FBA packaging guideline and send directly to any of the Amazon warehouses in USA)
6.) Nigeria
7.) Kenya
8.) Dubai (we send directly to consignee address in Dubai at unbeatable rate)

We also help you start selling on jumia and konga through our free warehousing for all business owners who wish to sell on Jumia or Konga no matter where you live in the world. We do express shipping of goods from China to Nigeria, and you will get your goods in 24hrs after purchase!

We can also verify any China manufacturer or supplier physically for u in China to ensure he is legit and we can also do quality assurance/verification of goods in China before u pay your Chinese supplier to ensure your supplier ship the quality you paid for (this service is for big importers who don't want to visit China to meet with their supplier before payment).

We help you do bulk payment to Chinese manufacturers up to 100million at no extra fee!

Click on my username and go through our official threads

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by jaksmillioniar: 1:59pm On May 20, 2019
most are into oil and gas

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Don27tiky(m): 1:59pm On May 20, 2019
Where is the obasanjo people always talk about ... thought he was one of the shareholders

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Guyman02: 1:59pm On May 20, 2019
Na wao, MTN listing without an IPO is nonsense, they don't want ordinary Nigerians to invest and make profit from that company. Left for a few people most of whom are just cronies of the same individuals that have ripped up this country because they have access to our common wealth. Nonsense and ingredients sad

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by jimbson: 2:00pm On May 20, 2019
More swindling...
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by aod1(m): 2:00pm On May 20, 2019
They should have listed using an IPO

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by wiseone28: 2:00pm On May 20, 2019
My next coming to earth i will answer Dasuki seems that name is synonymous with money grin
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Xander85: 2:01pm On May 20, 2019
Uncle Victor! The Onwanaetiliora of Ndoni! smiley

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by LamidicownuBSS: 2:01pm On May 20, 2019
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 20, 2019
V
Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by jaksmillioniar: 2:01pm On May 20, 2019
tillaman:
Mehn, some people are so freaking rich that the only problem they might be facing is how to spend their money! These figures am ehn you can’t finish it in a life time! Aje
dey still end in grave

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by Princedapace(m): 2:02pm On May 20, 2019
Men in money. The world is truly controlled by men. Nice one!

back to my disturbance! grin Guys, it is almost 860 and we are going to 1000. We are almost done. Nairaland is amazing. I was able to hit this number within 1 and half day grin

Oya, make we finish the thing we started! Pls, help us complete the survey, takes less than 2 minutes!

Nairalanders, a very good friend of mine is doing her PhD and she needs our help. She needs us to help answer her survey questions which is part of her course requirements. It is an online survey from university of Florida and it won't take more than five minutes of your time.
Pls, let help a sister to meet part of her course requirements. If you are led and you care to help, simply visit the survey form here:

Hello dear. I am conducting a study to test the role of chemists or road side drug sellers in determining drug competency in Nigeria. Please follow this link and help me take a quick survey https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0jNcmnnAygN1BYx

Thank you so much for your help.

Re: The 6 Largest Individual Shareholders In MTN Nigeria by hopexter(m): 2:03pm On May 20, 2019
nepapole:
I cant find my name there.... Op, goan check VAR oooo..

Nairabet shareholders are not listed my friend cheesy

3 Likes 3 Shares

People Warned Me About This Mmm, Now My Account Has Been Blocked With #189,000 / Maryam Shetty Mocks MMM Over Its Closure. PICS / Man Who Drank Insecticide Over MMM Crash Speaks: "I lost N750,000"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49