Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,543 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. (25393 Views)

Leicester City Players Celebrate Kelechi Iheanacho Hat-trick In Dressing Room / Super Eagles Players Celebrate In Ice Block Pool / The Original Countries Of These France Players (Pictures Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by robosky02(m): 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
France players celebrate winning the UEFA Nations League.

(CNN)France came from behind to defeat Spain and claim the UEFA Nations League on Sunday thanks to goals from Karim Benzema and Kylian Mbappé.

The 2-1 victory at the San Siro in Milan sees France become the second country to win the Nations League as Spain's players were left frustrated by Mbappé's contentious winner.
Mikel Oyarzabal had opened the scoring in the second half when he finished off Sergio Busquets' pass, but France equalized moments later as Karim Benzema fired a wonderful, curling shot into the top corner past Unai Simón.
Then with 10 minutes remaining, Mbappé got behind Spain's defensive line and calmly finished past Simón -- a goal that was allowed to stand following a video assistant referee (VAR) review.

Although Mbappé was in an offside position, it was adjudged that Eric García had deliberately played the ball with his heel.
"The referee said that Eric played the ball and, from that moment, that annulled the offside," Busquets said to Spain's RTVE.

"But that doesn't make sense -- Eric tries to cut the ball off because he thinks Mbappé is going to get there because he thinks he's in a legal position. They don't explain that to us.
"You have to try to play the ball and Eric didn't want to play the ball but it escaped his control. He tried to cut it off like any defender would."
García, meanwhile, told RTVE: "The referee said I had the intention to play the ball, he said I should have stepped aside and let Mbappé control it, which is the rule.
"I think that's what hurts the most -- a defender will never in their life step aside [in that instance]. Hopefully, they change that."

France, which narrowly missed out on getting the game's first goal when Theo Hernández hit the bar, held on for the victory after two excellent saves from goalkeeper Hugo Lloris in the game's final moments.

It was the second time in two games that France had come from behind to win following a thrilling comeback against Belgium in the semifinals.
"I'm extremely proud, I'm very happy for the players," manager Didier Deschamps told UEFA of the victory.

"It's true that we were in two difficult situations in these two matches ... quite apart from the quality and the talent in this team, we also have this mentality and team spirit."
France's Nations League triumph comes after Portugal became the first country to win the tournament in 2019.

Lalasticlala. Mynd44

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/11/football/uefa-nations-league-france-spain-spt-intl/index.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by paulolee(m): 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
a very entertaining match, dt benzema goal was a screamer and that mbappe goal was a controversial one..
javi garcia paid dearly for touching dt ball even if mbappe was already offside wen theo passed d ball..
dt new offside rule is trash abegi...u dnt expect defenders to stand motionless because of a perceived offside..
Change is constant bt in dis contex, d old rule is better than this new confusing one..

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by ThierryJay: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
paulolee:
a very entertaining match, dt benzema goal was a screamer and the mbappe goal is a controversial one..
javi garcia paid dearly for touching dt ball even if mbappe was already offside wen theo passed d ball..
dt new offside rule is trash abegi...u dnt expect defenders to stand motionless because of a perceived offside..

I agree. Garcia did not change the direction of the pass to Mbappe so it should still have been considered offside. It is what it is though. Congrats to France, it's not easy always coming from behind to win against tough opponents.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by IKBARUTEN11(m): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mbape the VICTORY GIVER

2 Likes

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by owoblow001: 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
Can someone please tell me the possible questions or please explain how the interview for IT in dpr is done. Apparently I got a message to come for an interview but I’m nervous on what I may face.
Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by robosky02(m): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
paulolee:
a very entertaining match, dt benzema goal was a screamer and the mbappe goal is a controversial one..

Benzema true potential on the fore

Thanks to c.Ronaldo leaving Madrid

And he shows everywhere now

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by FalseProphet1(m): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
I see mbappe's and Pogba making a sex video out of drunkenness as a result of their celebration, I see scammers using a fake link of the video to lure sex starved Nigerian broke males into hacking their Facebook, WhatsApp accounts and scamming them. I see Nairaland guys paying as much as 2k for the videos I see them being scammed, I see them complaining on Nairaland but unable to say what the 2k they sent to a stranger was for or why their accounts were hacked.

This I have seen

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by robosky02(m): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
Ok

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by SSIPON(m): 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Congratulations France
Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by Sonnobax15(m): 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
lipsrsealed
Mennnnnnnn, Spain really fvcked up big time last night cha....Na spain I want to win the final via say our boys dey play with them cool

Well, france try cha.....

1 Like

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by Dalil8: 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mbappe following in the footsteps of his idol CR7.

Better follow who know road if u wan dey successful.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by Ezehillary(m): 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Congratulation to them but mbappe should add more sense to his game

3 Likes

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by Nomorelove: 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Eyah
Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by collinsJn(m): 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
Very Very Entertaining Match. Worth The Final !

2 Likes

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by lomprico(m): 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
How come I no watch the match?
Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by MrCuteking(m): 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mbappe counts legover for no reason, even when he is not being marked he just counts legover.
Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by kennethfranc(m): 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
Mbappe my man... Keep excelling
Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by bigdammyj: 5:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
Congrats!
Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by Bigii(m): 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
News since yesterday just hit NL undecided. Nothing current on this platform. Are the mod sleeping?

7 Likes

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by gurunlocker: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
grin

UEFA sha wan force the world to accept this organised friendly matches with cup as a recognised international trophy, because you are Europeans.

Can Africa organise one and be acceptable? How about Asia or America's?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by UncleHaba22: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
Man u fans are celebrating this victory more than the french team

This is not Man u

More over man u have not won any trophy fir the past four years now grin grin

2 Likes

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by orohbiro(f): 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Celebrating for winning a friendly competition?

10 Likes

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by SheikhMuniru(m): 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Super Eagles celebrate winning The qualifying match again CAR
Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by wunmi590(m): 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2021

Very commendable, after a disappointing EURO outing, they were able to make their country and fans happy again...
Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by Urbanchampion: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
orohbiro:
Celebrating for winning a friendly competition?
I tired for them. A tournament that's not recognized by FÍFÀ.

8 Likes

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by Forthe: 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
grin I love benzma foot work.. Very nice goal..

1 Like

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by orohbiro(f): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
MrCuteking:
Mbappe counts legover for no reason, even when he is not being marked he just counts legover.
that guy is overrated just dey count legover like mumu halannd go ist am win balloon do or if he can join man city next summer

4 Likes

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by atheistandproud(m): 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
Spaggmann:
Two Algerians is all I see

France doesn't just steal mineral wealth from Africa, they also steal manpower as well...

Imagine if Wiltord, Zidane, Henry, Gallas, Benzema, Mbappé, Pogba and co played for their real countries...

France wouldn't win shiiii

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by Walkee: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
orohbiro:
that guy is overrated just dey count legover like mumu halannd go ist am win balloon do or if he can join man city next summer
EPL people don't win balon d'or. Mbappe winning it once the Spanish and French media team throw their weight behind him. Nobody takes English media seriously

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
ominilongest:
C

C is for Commando
Re: France Players Celebrate Winning The UEFA Nations League. by ominilongest(m): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
If I dey remember benzema tori I no dey loose hope
Las las na d pussy nigga loose....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lionel Messi, Ibrahimovic In FIFA 10-man Shortlist For 2019 Puskas Award(Photos) / Nigerian Foreign Coach To Earn $50,000 A Month / Super Eagles Amazing Stats In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.