Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) (32747 Views)

See The Fine UGEP Ladies Frying Our Garri In YAKURR LGA, Cross River State. / ‘why Israelis Are Training 1,000 Cross River Farmers’ / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2021
mrvitalis:

How many family can afford a full chicken per week

We need first to develop good seeds for corn and soy that can yield 6 to 10 tons per and 3 tones per hectares respectively ....

It cost 7000 for 25kg of feeds now that's 3.5kg per 1000 which is on the high side

If we developed the seeds we can make it at 3000 per 25kg which would give u 8kg or so per 1000

For a conversion rate of 1:2 for the first 8 weeks ...we produce a 3kg for around #400 feed , birds n drugs can be dropped to 500 so that's 900 to raise sale for #1500 ...that's only when families can buy them

For now it's not viable

Seconded
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by ThugCheetah(m): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2021
V
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Ogundex(m): 10:04am On Oct 12, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
They have their poultry and they might also be buying from people involve in rearing chicken.

They have hatchery where the chicks are hatched. Just like in fish farming.

1 Like

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Hateandthunder: 10:05am On Oct 12, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

That's a good one coming from cross River! But producing for export E don reach Nigerians Which of go dey Nigeria if una dey export

I read somewhere that they feed school children with one chicken per term undecided

Why export E don reach Nigerians

How does Nigerians benefits
Wiseandtrue I've been crushing on you for some time now. Can we link up
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by MrPaul2: 10:09am On Oct 12, 2021
mrvitalis:

We need first to develop good seeds for corn and soy that can yield 6 to 10 tons per and 3 tones per hectares respectively ....

It cost 7000 for 25kg of feeds now that's 3.5kg per 1000 which is on the high side

If we developed the seeds we can make it at 3000 per 25kg which would give u 8kg or so per 1000

For a conversion rate of 1:2 for the first 8 weeks ...we produce a 3kg for around #400 feed , birds n drugs can be dropped to 500 so that's 900 to raise sale for #1500 ...that's only when families can buy them

For now it's not viable

Go and find out, frozen chicken is one of the cheapest commodity in Europe. Because of the numbers of chicken they kill per day.

1 Like

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 10:18am On Oct 12, 2021
MrPaul2:

Go and find out, frozen chicken is one of the cheapest commodity in Europe. Because of the numbers of chicken they kill per day.
It's the cheapest not because of number they kill per day but how cheap the chicken are produced

1 Like

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 12, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Good news

We need more of this in different part of Nigeria.

I wander why Nigerian billionaires are not investing much in large scale poultry.

Dem dey kill over 20 million chicken daily in the USA.

Some companies in the USA do sell millions of egg per year.

Make the Cross River Government establish one in Lagos too.

One man built this thing inside his village in 2010. That is the first time I saw an automated poultry..
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by KosiGee(m): 10:29am On Oct 12, 2021
NGpatriot:
This is because they don't have terrorist sit at home in Cross River.

People are working in CR, instead of slaughtering people like they are doing in the SE CR is slaughtering chicken to boost their growing economy, bringing investments and creating job.

Nice...

grin grin

I’m sure you are a grown man but even the most stupid child would feel embarrassed seeing you acting like this.

You are amongst the most notorious people who spread hate on Nairaland and you should be ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 12, 2021
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 12, 2021
We want to see the produce in major stores across the country, stop the hype, caly guys don't eat chicken.
They prefer ekpai.
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by nyiamfrank: 10:43am On Oct 12, 2021
Upjis:
Look at this lowlife insulting.. Hunger has destroyed your brain ,Am sorry for your poor parents for spending so much on your education.,Cause you are a big waste lol

You are a very big disgrace to your family ,tribe and country...as big as you are you can't spell frustrated? first work on your english boy lol

Your are really sick in the head.. Thinking that the Cross River Government will come open this for your foolish type in Lagos

You are really hungry ,Have you eaten this morning?

Poverty runs in your blood line

Send your account number let me send you some money to eat and feed your poor parents

Lol

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:52am On Oct 12, 2021
anorexicmuster:

1.Nigerians have a poor opinion of agriculture...even despite all the success stories coming out to sing and talk about how they made it. Na office job we wan do.

2.Banks don't give loans easily to agricultural businesses. (One journalist once talked about a case where a bank tunred down a request for loan for, ironically, poultry business, EVEN with the presentation of verifiable collateral. Bank manager told customer..we have orders from above not to give loans for agric business)

3.Polutry business is high risk. Most of the birds can die, even with enough care, from disease and epidemics. (As an example, in 2006, one big time poultry farmer in the North had to have all his chickens culled because of bird flu. That was hundreds of chickens ...killed in a day. Major loss)

After writing number 1, u ended up contradicting urself with numbers 2 and 3.
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 12, 2021
lexy2014:

After writing number 1, u ended up contradicting urself with numbers 2 and 3.

Thanks Mahatma
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by akdjr(m): 11:18am On Oct 12, 2021
Those fouls has live ooooooooooooo.
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by smartasuen(m): 11:24am On Oct 12, 2021
Upjis:
Look at this lowlife insulting.. Hunger has destroyed your brain ,Am sorry for your poor parents for spending so much on your education.,Cause you are a big waste lol

You are a very big disgrace to your family ,tribe and country...as big as you are you can't spell frustrated? first work on your english boy lol

Your are really sick in the head.. Thinking that the Cross River Government will come open this for your foolish type in Lagos

You are really hungry ,Have you eaten this morning?

Poverty runs in your blood line

Send your account number let me send you some money to eat and feed your poor parents

Lol

First Bank
Thanks

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Tmex(m): 11:28am On Oct 12, 2021
mrvitalis:

For now it's not viable

I enjoyed your analysis
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 12, 2021
NGpatriot:

People are working in CR, instead of slaughtering people like they are doing in the SE CR is slaughtering chicken to boost their growing economy, bringing investments and creating job.

Nice...

grin grin

That kind of factory dey south east wey you dey insult and nah one man singlehandedly built it in his village. 11 years ago.

E shock you ?
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by lukency(m): 11:37am On Oct 12, 2021
Kudos for this achievement but I would have loved to witness a consolidation on the Tinapa project before this.
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Zaikon(m): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2021
Semikolo:
This is commendable... But wait oooh how do the get their chickens

They might have a parent stock farm that produces egg for broilers or they buy day old broiler and they can as well buy matured broiler which are at the point of slaughter.
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by benuejosh: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2021
WhatCanIsay:

Benue your state? Are you suffering from memory loss? Abi terrorism induced by your fellow Fulanis have robbed you of your memories? See how a Fulani man that supports evil and terrorism is claiming to be from Benue on top unnecessary propaganda.
Oga keep quiet and stop spewing nonsense. I am from Benue and I know what I am saying. Must we play politics with human lives? That is what is happening in Benue. Stop saying this nonsense.
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by WhatCanIsay(m): 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
benuejosh:
Oga keep quiet and stop spewing nonsense. I am from Benue and I know what I am saying. Must we play politics with human lives? That is what is happening in Benue. Stop saying this nonsense.

See this hypocrite that rejoices over the massacre Fulani has caused on Nigerians. No be only Benue, you are from Agatu too... All these bloodsucking cows that wish evil for Nigeria.
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Perfectbeing(m): 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2021
Vulcanheph:

Don't be decieved... All is Ayade's propaganda.

He spends lots of time and money displaying to the world all his fake accomplishments.... If you live in the state you'll truly know that all is not what it seems.
k
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Lugianostar(m): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Agriculture is the hope of the future Nigeria?
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by exposition: 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
Villagemeat:
Don't be decieve by pictures,Ayade is the worst Governor in the history of Cross River State...that pictures u see there is fake
Dem never know!
Are you sure this picture is not from the internet?
Some of us dey calabar o!

1 Like

Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2021
exposition:
Dem never know!
Are you sure this picture is not from the internet?
Some of us dey calabar o!

What I'm thinking too.

At least, they should show us a farm containing 300,000 live birds if they process 24,000 birds everyday.

It will take only 13 days to kill off those 300,000 live birds.

I believe that showing us only 2 cages of birds is purely propaganda.

It takes 2 months from hatchery to fatten those birds in the automated poultry.
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Fahdiga(m): 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2021
NGpatriot:

Nice...

grin grin
Incoherent gibberish
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Raypawer(m): 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
I think its a nice idea to export the proceeds

How many Nigerians can afford full chicken now?

Export will bring in forex to the state and super boost their IGR

Wiseandtrue:

That's a good one coming from cross River! But producing for export E don reach Nigerians Which of go dey Nigeria if una dey export

I read somewhere that they feed school children with one chicken per term undecided

Why export E don reach Nigerians

How does Nigerians benefits
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
This is great news. I have always had interest in rearing animals and plants. A visit to this factory or to even work as an intern after my graduation would be awesome.
Agriculture combined with technology is the sweetest thing ever
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by AbuAeesha: 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2021
good to see this
Re: Calachika: Inside Cross River Ultramodern Poultry (Photos) by lexy2014: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
anorexicmuster:

Thanks Mahatma

u welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Agricultural Products China Leads The World In Producing / FARMERGIANT offers POULTRY FARM ACCESSORIES For Sale In Nigeria / This Snake Was Killed In Our Farm Today (photo And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.