Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. (1357 Views)

No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima / See The Moment Elephant Sit On People During Sit-at-home (Photos) / Nigeria: No Police, No Military, No Media. Just An Order. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by Wannabenz: 12:22am On Oct 12, 2021
Today;this evening...I left Nsk town to my village and I observed that there are no military men or police at there numerous check point around the zone. Are they also observing the sit at home order?

In my thoughts,I was thinking they should be on patrol or at thier check points to safeguard the citizens of this country.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by Redpill666: 12:49am On Oct 12, 2021
THe SE has been under military subversive regimes of extortion for decades. It just got worse recently. I remember my visit to SE over 4yrs ago, the number of check points was like a war zone even when it was the most peaceful region then.

The cold war against the Igbos has been on for decades.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by ygowon: 12:57am On Oct 12, 2021
Meehn! To be sincere, the only reason I support IPOB and Biafra is because we Igbos are the most hated in Nigeria. Every tribe hates us, the reason I decided to hate other tribes too. It is better we Igbos stay on our own than to be in a country we are hated.

I have lived in different parts of Nigeria and I know what I'm talking about from experience. Igbo nation is all I wish for, Biafra should be discarded.

I support the fact that the majority of Igbo youths are in support of Ipob. Most have been frustrated to the point that they are ready to die for the so called Biafra.

Igbos are seen as these people with never giving up spirit and they try to use that against them. Extorting and punishing them just because they are good at absorbing pressures.

But, it's time the Igbos stay on their own. One Nigeria is a scam. The only successful Igbos today are those ass licking the Nigerian masters.

Igbos should be allowed to go have their dot and enough of the hates from the circles.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by DOTian: 1:25am On Oct 12, 2021
Redpill666:
THe SE has been under military subversive regimes of extortion for decades. It just got worse recently. I remember my visit to SE over 4yrs ago, the number of check points was like a war zone even when it was the most peaceful region then.

Actually, those military and paramilitary checkpoints have been there since the war between Biafra and Nigeria. It was not the case before the war. These were the normal military mop up checkpoints during and after firefights... What happened was that at the end of the war, Gowon was battling with his conscience and tried forcing normality back in the East even if halfhearted. But the likes of Murtala, Obasanjo, Buhari, Babangida, Danjuma and co , who were field officers during the war felt he was too soft on the easterners and that the winners needed to take it all. So they chased him away and practically militarized the whole SE ever since, going after the oil resources as war booty.. As a kid growing up, I always thought that a checkpoint at every pole was the best default security template. Not until I went to the North for my youth service that I knew things were different elsewhere within the same country. Then I left the country thereafter and never saw police men with Kalashnikovs walking menacingly around for once. It's terrible..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by Redpill666: 1:45am On Oct 12, 2021
DOTian:

Actually, those military and paramilitary checkpoints have been there since the war between Biafra and Nigeria. It was not the case before the war. These were the normal military mop up checkpoints during and after firefights... What happened was that at the end of the war, Gowon was battling with his conscience and tried forcing normality back in the East even if halfhearted. But the likes of Murtala, Obasanjo, Buhari, Babangida, Danjuma and co , who were field officers during the war felt he was too soft on the easterners and that the winners needed to take it all. So they chased him away and practically militarized the whole SE ever since, going after the oil resources as war booty.. As a kid growing up, I always thought that a checkpoint at every pole was the best default security template. Not until I went to the North for my youth service that I knew things were different elsewhere within the same country. Then I left the country thereafter and never saw police men with Kalashnikovs walking menacingly around for once. It's terrible..

I feel that the Igbos are being coerced to leave their ancestral land and become scattered abroad on purpose. I believe that the Northerners have been running centuries old games of taking the most important assets, which is land, of the Southerners using violence and masquerading as herders.

At the moment, they are putting puppets as governors in SE and they govern but do not rule. People now own States. What they do is manipulate and frustrate strong leaders out of seat and make weak persons swear allegiance to them before being made governors.

This is a spiritual warfare and the Igbo man must be prepared to not run away from his home. Igbos must invest in their homes more than they invest elsewhere.

Do not abandon your homes because of oppression, your offsprings will need their homes.

The Igbos must recognize his true friends and be ready to fight to secure the future of his offsprings.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by Kessarc: 4:20am On Oct 12, 2021
DOTian:

You have just proven to be one of the wisest people on this forum boss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by afube: 4:43am On Oct 12, 2021
Kessarc:

You have just proven to be one of the wisest people on this forum boss

I agree 100%.........rare insight in an insipid forum filled with shallow minds.
Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by zedegit: 5:19am On Oct 12, 2021
ygowon:
Meehn! To be sincere, the only reason I support IPOB and Biafra is because we Igbos are the most hated in Nigeria. Every tribe hates us, the reason I decided to hate other tribes too. It is better we Igbos stay on our own than to be in a country we are hated.

I have lived in different parts of Nigeria and I know what I'm talking about from experience. Igbo nation is all I wish for, Biafra should be discarded.

I support the fact that the majority of Igbo youths are in support of Ipob. Most have been frustrated to the point that they are ready to die for the so called Biafra.

Igbos are seen as these people with never giving up spirit and they try to use that against them. Extorting and punishing them just because they are good at absorbing pressures.

But, it's time the Igbos stay on their own. One Nigeria is a scam. The only successful Igbos today are those ass licking the Nigerian masters.

Igbos should be allowed to go have their dot and enough of the hates from the circles.

Don't hide behind propaganda. Stand alone in your own opinion.

Be a man and say you support ipob, but don't in your life be a coward by saying majority of Igbo youths who are forced to stay at home on Mondays. Do you know how much they lose on that day alone?

If you want to see if majority of Igbo youths support sit at home.
Let ESN stop the harassment and random shooting of gun and see if anybody will sit at home at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 12, 2021
ygowon:
Meehn! To be sincere, the only reason I support IPOB and Biafra is because we Igbos are the most hated in Nigeria. Every tribe hates us

I wonder why.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by money121(m): 5:30am On Oct 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by SweetiliciousD: 6:05am On Oct 12, 2021
zedegit:

Be a man and say you support ipob, but don't in your life be a coward by saying majority of Igbo youths who are forced to stay at home on Mondays. Do you know how much they lose on that day alone?

Let ESN stop the harassment and random shooting of gun and see if anybody will sit at home at all.

Truth hurts. All those Eastern youths actively and voluntarily participating in Biafra agitation are forced? Even up to the point of sewing Biafra flag as a regalia?

99.9% of Easterners are Biafrans, even the so called politicians too. IPOB is just a vehicle not the ideology.

Biafrans killed the ZOO with a lethal weapon of TRUTH.

All hail Biafra

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by zedegit: 6:14am On Oct 12, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

Truth hurts. All those Eastern youths actively and voluntarily participating in Biafra agitation are forced? Even up to the point of sewing Biafra flag as a regalia?

99.9% of Easterners are Biafrans, even the so called politicians too. IPOB is just a vehicle not the ideology.

Biafrans killed the ZOO with a lethal weapon of TRUTH.

All hail Biafra

Since you are the ESN secretary on Nairaland, tell your urchins to stop shooting guns on Monday. They can go to Abuja and meet with Buhari.
Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by joyandfaith: 6:17am On Oct 12, 2021
DOTian:

Hmm
Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by danot1030: 6:17am On Oct 12, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin
They are also sitting at home cos ESN (unknown gunmen) are bastards.
Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by SweetiliciousD: 6:18am On Oct 12, 2021
zedegit:

Since you are the ESN secretary on Nairaland, tell your urchins to stop shooting guns on Monday. They can go to Abuja and meet with Buhari.

..... With heavy presence of unprovoked militarization in Biafra land?

Is your brain paining you?

https://www.nairaland.com/6797923/army-commander-caught-shouting-kill#106661948

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c96i0UppIOQ
Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by BlowYourMind: 6:23am On Oct 12, 2021
Using most peaceful for South East is an aberration and completely mental reclining, the region that initiated a coup, the only region that ever caused a civil war, the only region that have been having close to 30% criminals in prison since 1957 when the colonial masters are still here, or is there another meaning to your most peaceful that is different from English language
Redpill666:

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by Conner44: 6:23am On Oct 12, 2021
Because the only people to ‘CHECK’ at that ‘POINT’ are the unknown gunmen grin and you know that those gunmen don’t usually have shandi or roja to give the officers at that time but only LIVE BULLETS and FUEL to put FIRE in their hilux wink

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by ygowon: 6:39am On Oct 12, 2021
zedegit:

If you go through my posts in the past, you will see where I was condemning the Monday sit at home. It's not like I love what is happening or how they are doing things, but the frustration and hates from others results in wanting to be on one's own.
Majority of those boys doing ESN are jobless. I know there are other jobless boys in other regions and this why I'm not happy that only the Igbo youths are speaking up and facing the consequences that may cause the leaders to turn a new leaf. Imagine if other youths in other regions are holding their leaders accountable, don't you think Nigeria would have been better?

Igbos are the most hated and envied in Nigeria, simple!
Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by OG1BABY(f): 7:15am On Oct 12, 2021
Okay
Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by UselessBuhari: 7:26am On Oct 12, 2021
Nobody to collect money from
Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by ygowon: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2021
UselessBuhari:
Nobody to collect money from
Abi naa, why military go dey road when people are sitting at home?

They're not there to secure them but to extort them
Re: Why Are There No Military Men On Check Points During Sit At Home. by realstars: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2021
if the people that they should collect money from sits at home, they should also sit at home.

(1) (Reply)

Can Amaechi Beat Atiku In A Presidential Election? / Cabal's Agenda Leaked: Red Alert / INVESTIGATION: Buhari Became Terribly Sick After Tinubu's Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.