Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima (14438 Views)

Military Alone Can’t Solve Northwest’s Security Crisis — Shettima / New South-West Security Network To Be Launched Soon – Gani Adams / Nigeria: No Police, No Military, No Media. Just An Order. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by peekspot(m): 11:58pm On Jul 17, 2023
Vice President Kashim Shettima, on Sunday, said military offensives alone could not sustainably resolve the security crisis in the North-West.

Rather, he said it would take a mix of kinetic and non-kinetic strategies to restore calm in the troubled region.

“Unless we want to engage in an endless war of attrition, there cannot be a military solution to the crisis in the North-West. There has to be a kinetic and non-kinetic solution,” Shettima said in a chat with journalists when he paid condolence visits to the Galadanci and Mangal families in Kano and Katsina, respectively.

The State House Director of Information, Office of the Vice President, Olusola Abiola, revealed this in a statement he signed on Sunday titled: ‘President Tinubu’s solution to insecurity, poverty in northern Nigeria underway, says VP Shettima.’

The Vice President revealed that the Tinubu administration would, in the coming weeks, unveil an initiative to address insurgency and poverty, among other challenges confronting Nigerians, especially those living in the northern region.

“In the next couple of weeks, we will unveil the Pulaaku solution, which will address the grievances and social exclusion of our Fulbe cousins in the North-West and also towards addressing the root causes of all the banditry and insurgency in the nation,” Shettima explained.

Pulaaku also called the “Fulani code of conduct,” is an integral cultural and ethical value system specific to the Fulani.

Encompassing a broad range of norms, behaviours and social practices seen as distinctly Fulani, Pulaaku is a major factor binding Fulanis together across different regions, despite linguistic and regional variations.

On the plan to address challenges confronting Nigerians, the VP said, “The President is determined to define the meaning and concept of modern governance and the crisis we have in the North-West, which is further accentuated by poverty.”

https://punchng.com/no-military-solution-to-north-west-security-crisis-shettima/

1 Share

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by RighteousDemon: 12:31am On Jul 18, 2023
I'm speechless

undecided shocked

11 Likes

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by meum: 12:40am On Jul 18, 2023
If he said this I’m not surprised.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by DItalianNija: 12:46am On Jul 18, 2023
Mumu confused disorganized politicians way day rule Nigeria

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Moferere: 5:13am On Jul 18, 2023
Take the military to the east, quench the Igbos

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by aariwa(m): 5:31am On Jul 18, 2023
Moferere:
Take the military to the east, quench the Igbos
while Fulani herdsmen while quench you the way they have been doing to your people haha

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Boyooosa(m): 9:53am On Jul 18, 2023
Ok
Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Thelannister: 9:53am On Jul 18, 2023
I have a Lhasa Apso puppy am willing to give out to any female Nairalander closer or dog lover.

Quote me if you are interested. Pls you pay for rehoming fee and deworming ooo
Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by GanagiBitrus: 9:53am On Jul 18, 2023
But Military Solution aka Python Dance is OK for SE.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Emperormartin(m): 9:53am On Jul 18, 2023
There's also an Igbo code called referendum. Take it to the eastern region and see everlasting peace.

There's no equally need for military intervention in the East.

All of us are Nigerians and there's no one more Nigerian than the other Mallam shettima

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by iammo(m): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2023
cool

This is fact

Nigeria spends atleast $2 billion USD on National Security yearly buying guns amunition and gadgets

$2billion is roughly #1.3 trillion naira

Nigeria with a population of 200M use 1.3 trillion military budget for social security and each citizens gets value

Nigeria has 6 region, divide 1.3 trillion military budget for the six region and nobody would agitate or fight

*BVN Direct Cash transfer
*Skill acquisition and grant for equipment
*Startup grant
*Agro business loans

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Cantonese: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2023
Una dey see am?

Little by little they will show more reasons why the north will remain in crisis.

After all the years of lies and deceit. After all the years of financial settlements, they still talk of “kinetic and non kinetic” solutions?

So when the nation stop appeasing the Fulanis, especially by those who have determined that their only way to wealth is crime?

When you have non state actors wielding AK47s and GPMGs, killing, robbing and maiming people, you talk about kinetic and non kinetic solutions? When stories abound of sponsorship of militants and terrorists in the north by certain persons in positions of power. When will they stop deceiving themselves?

Nigeria cannot develop with its kind of leadership. A leadership that is not people centered. A leadership that thinks only about how much to embezzle. A leadership that watches is citizens suffer, while using money to stoke the flame of destruction.

When soldiers arrest terrorists and people in position set them free. When soldiers at the frontlines suffer loses and yet do not get their dues. When those in charge, purchase wrong or substandard military hardware, how can there be peace in the troubled zones?

Leaders make money from such crises. They get into positions and still find excuses to make more money while the crises linger. They know the sponsors, yet never arrest them.

It is painful that politicians have brought this nation to its knees.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by damble: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2023
Shettima! You shall know them by their fruits

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by sevo(m): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2023
Amnesty is the only solution
Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by etcme(m): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2023
Anything that has to do with[b] Shettima[/b], I no dey put mouth. This man wey I no know if he don laugh or even smile ever since dem born him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by MadamExcellency: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2023
Well said. Every conflict is not resolved by killing and counter killing.

Each region knows how best to solve their problems. Allow them to do it their way with minimal Federal support.

1 Like

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by shielaAhmed: 9:54am On Jul 18, 2023
K
Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Chijeep(m): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2023
Says the number one terrorist in Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by sojisenai(m): 9:55am On Jul 18, 2023
Hmmm..

Meanwhile, We are a caregiving company dedicated to providing the highest quality care for our elderly clients or those that are ill, disabled and nursing mothers, right in their homes...kindly check my signature.
Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by marlow1962(m): 9:55am On Jul 18, 2023
CEO of Boko Haram don talk.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by chris20000: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
Na you know.Na your people

Meanwhile

Budweiser Surprised Davido with a big cake after his successful show in Toronto Where he sold out a 16 thousand capacity stadium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBwLPYCYYrE
Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Jcomtrader: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
You wan give them amnesty abi

Then send army to South east

2 Likes

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Emola12(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
Renewed sufferness and shege grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Luukasz(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
Thelannister:
I have a Lhasa Apso puppy am willing to give out to any female Nairalander closer or dog lover.

Quote me if you are interested. Pls you pay for rehoming fee and deworming ooo
You go talk say you wan knack female nairalander.. no dey disguise werey 😁

3 Likes

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Luukasz(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
You are a youth and you are worried about Nigerian politics... Damn son, you need to set your priorities right.

If your parents are not in the elite or political class.. Nigeria has nothing to offer you... create a life for yourself... hustle your way to the top just make sure it's a legit hustle.

If you are struggling Nigerian, leave Nigerian political matters and focus on yourself.

5 Likes

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by princeade86(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
Na ur home, do it d way u like
Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by NaijaCover(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by obembet(f): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2023
DItalianNija:
Mumu confused disorganized politicians way day rule Nigeria

meum:
If he said this I’m not surprised. So why do we have military chiefs & an NSA? Let’s have all ethnic groups come up with their own code of conduct. Abi dem no get?

Bitter people, u know nothing about politics. Any Insecurity in a state cause by the people in that state. The only way to solve it is to tell them the truth.

I remember when some northerners are praising Boko boys, one form presidential candidate said they fight against Boko haram is fight against North now tell me how u want strangers to come in?

Look at East today, I remember when unknown gunmen enter aba market and market people praise and hail them. Look at what's happening there now.

So I believe Shettima is right...

2 Likes

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Geonigga(m): 9:58am On Jul 18, 2023
We just ended up leading id**ot into power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Military Solution To North West Security Crisis — Shettima by Goodman2023: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2023
But there is military solution to Biafran agitators... nonsense.

Yesterday I saw on tv how the navy arrested some people for possession and transportation of diesel on one of the niger delta waters...but I am yet to see where illegal miners are arrested in zamfara..

An attack on BOKO haram is actually an attack on the north... hahahahha

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okorocha Nominates Madumere As Imo Deputy-Governor / Documentary On Poverty And Corruption In Nigeria / Stop Use Of Gutter Language, PDP Replies Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.