Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. (14241 Views)

Please Help! How Can I Treat Chronic Catarrh That Has Lasted More Than 8yrs / 550lbs To 210lbs: See The Amazing Weight Loss Of This Woman (Photos) / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Curious345: 11:01am On Oct 13, 2021
Shit like this happens, when you crash into a randy girl,
you wear a condom but still perform french kissing during missionary position..

Sad indeed.

Tuberculosis for your enemy.

Go to gbagada General and do a free test, and if negative, get the vaccine asaply.

As I dey so, vaccine full my body.

Hepatitis vaccine I dey there

TB vaccine I dey there.

I dey wait HIV and syphlilis and Gono vaccine make those ones drop..

Raw with wifeee is good. But for a fling, condoms could be a joy stealer
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Geeman2006: 11:02am On Oct 13, 2021
betcliq:
Take a mixture of Garlic , Ginger and Honey.

You just reminded me of my mum. This is her cough remedy since the beginning of time. grin
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by chikason22(m): 11:02am On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:
Hi nairlanders, I need your help.

I started having cough seven days ago and I as well took some over the counter medications to sooth it (Erythromycin, [Augmentin and a liquid one) . But it seems while I take the medications, the cough worsens especially at night. The cough is very dry and doesn't produce anything and it's mostly triggered by a funny sensation at the back of my throat.

I don't really experience any other symptom apart from loss of appetite.
I'm afraid of going to the hospital to avoid being kept in the isolation center for the suspicion/fear of covid.
Could this truly be Covid?
What should I do?

Mods, please my post needs a wide view.
Why will you take the bolded antibiotics for cough.
The following are what you supposed to do.
1: Run a test for malaria and typhoid
2: If you have the above, treat it according with the right antibiotics and antimalarial drugs
Not abusing the antibiotics and causing yourself harm.
3: Buy septrin and take as prescribed
4: Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water.
5: Take some salt water.

Stop abusing antibiotics. It will make your immune system to be very weak and your body will start responding to some antibiotics and show them as resistance. Can't work for you anymore.

This is what vulturebbqgrills can never tell you cus he was made to lick bubu's hairy balls. cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 13, 2021
Getting isolated & treated for Covid or dying at home, which would you prefer?

I hope you choose rightly.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Goodzinny: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2021
You can try steaming. Get menthol oil or eucalyptus oil or their ointment from a pharmacy, boil about 1 litter of water and pour into a narrow small bucket, add about 2 spoonfuls of the oil or a reasonable amount of ointment into the water and immediately cover your head over the steaming minty water with a big towel. Keep on breathing in the steam with nose and mouth for upto 10 minutes. You can do it morning and night while still taking your medication. It is magical. But a doctor is still a doctor.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by cescky(m): 11:06am On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

I started having cough seven days ago and I as well took some over the counter medications to sooth it (Erythromycin, Augmentin and a liquid one) . But it seems while I take the medications, the cough worsens especially at night. The cough is very dry and doesn't produce anything and it's mostly triggered by a funny sensation at the back of my throat.

I'm afraid of going to the hospital to avoid being kept in the isolation center for the suspicion/fear of covid.
What should I do?

Bros its covid

Rush, vitamins d
Naicin
Zinc
Ivermectin
Vitamins c
Melatonin
Drink lots of warm water
Do steaming.. Boil hot water cover your self with thick cloth and try breathing in the heat/steam

Even if you go to hospital.. Still gather the above.. Docs are zombies these days..

Don't waste time.. The longer the virus stays the more confident it gets..
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Ijaya123: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2021
That could be tuberculosis. Go see a doctor ASAP
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by cescky(m): 11:09am On Oct 13, 2021
IKBARUTEN11:
I experienced similar thing some weeks ago

I went for test 3 times and recommended medications taken. But after a while it persisted
I took everything everyone here suggested but couldn't get healed. At times I find it very difficult to breathe. My heart beat was rapid and accompanied by chest pains. I was almost giving up but I'm totally healed today after taking

Ha.. Why did you stop.. I don't get, what sort of person is this
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by femi4: 11:16am On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

I started having cough seven days ago and I as well took some over the counter medications to sooth it (Erythromycin, Augmentin and a liquid one) . But it seems while I take the medications, the cough worsens especially at night. The cough is very dry and doesn't produce anything and it's mostly triggered by a funny sensation at the back of my throat.

What should I do?

Add cough syrup to your list

2. Gaggle with warm water and salt
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Kinzo0917(m): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2021
Do face or body steaming. I also experience it atimes. Put a water on pot and set it on fire on gas or stove. As it boils, cover yourselve with a wrapper without putting anything on. Stay there for upto 20 minutes and allow the steam hit ur chest. You have to endure it. Do it for 5 days and thank me later
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by zinizta: 11:17am On Oct 13, 2021
Olayetan:
You have covid 19

Go n get this drugs

Vitamin C- 2tablets 3times daily
Azithromycin tablet 500mg- one tablet daily for five days
Cloroquine tablet 4tablets to be taken once, 4tablets to be taken the second day. And 2 tablet to be taken for the third day.
Zinc - one tablet daily
Vitamin E - One tablet daily.

Drink hot water every time.
Use ur face mask always
Avoid social gathering for now

Are you a doctor?
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by zinizta: 11:19am On Oct 13, 2021
IKBARUTEN11:
I experienced similar thing some weeks ago

I went for test 3 times and recommended medications taken. But after a while it persisted
I took everything everyone here suggested but couldn't get healed. At times I find it very difficult to breathe. My heart beat was rapid and accompanied by chest pains. I was almost giving up but I'm totally healed today after taking

What were you diagnosed for?
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by zinizta: 11:20am On Oct 13, 2021
rickyrex:
Do you sleep with your bare chest open at night.... Thou we are in the period of cough and cataar. Just ensure you reduce your intake of cold water... Use warm water first thing in the morning... Take septrin tablet... Don't let ginger leave your mouth

Exactly!!!!!!! This is the cause

Exposure to cold

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by socialmediaman: 11:20am On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

Check this site for symptoms. See a doctor and get COVID test without delay.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by texazzpete(m): 11:24am On Oct 13, 2021
Take Vaccine, you no gree. Naim make you dey live in fear so.

Better go do a COVID test to rule that out, or see a doctor
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by GistFullGround: 11:25am On Oct 13, 2021
Get ZING, IMMUNE BOOSTER etc

You may have Covid-19

Please do not infect your loved ones o!
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by esemosi(f): 11:27am On Oct 13, 2021
I had a similar experience a few weeks back. The medications given didn't work. But someone recommended I take TomTom and bitter kola together and it worked well for me. You can also mix ginger,garlic, lime and organic honey together, it works for dry cough.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by IKBARUTEN11(m): 11:30am On Oct 13, 2021
zinizta:

What were you diagnosed for?

HIV STDs and tb

Why did you ask?
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by PDinteriors(m): 11:34am On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

see a doctor fam
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Deguy12: 11:35am On Oct 13, 2021
Laryngitis
Laryngitis is when your voice box or vocal cords in the throat become irritated or swollen. It usually goes away by itself within 1 to 2 weeks.

Check if you have laryngitis
Laryngitis usually comes on suddenly and gets worse during the first 3 days.

The main symptoms are:

a hoarse (croaky) voice
sometimes losing your voice
an irritating cough that does not go away
always needing to clear your throat
a sore throat

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/laryngitis/
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by mfm04622: 11:35am On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

So you would rather infect other people than stay in isolation. Yet, you will be one of the first to label others as selfish. Go and get yourself checked. Whatever is disturbing you, hospital is the best place to seek help. And the earlier the better
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by zinizta: 11:38am On Oct 13, 2021
IKBARUTEN11:

HIV STDs and tb

Why did you ask?

So you turned out HIV + being my point?

Cos his symptoms has nothing to do with that

Many viral infections have sore throat as symptoms it is not just HIV.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Artzdanielsz(m): 11:38am On Oct 13, 2021
So some coughs dey productive now.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by IKBARUTEN11(m): 11:48am On Oct 13, 2021
zinizta:

So you turned out HIV + being my point?

Cos his symptoms has nothing to do with that

Many viral infections have sore throat as
symptoms it is not just HIV.

I turned out hiv-
It was indicated that I have bacterial lung infection

I sent you a mail
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by lomprico(m): 11:50am On Oct 13, 2021
Susily:

Unproductive cough is also known as dry cough where the patient doesn't produce sputum

While a cough is said to be productive when there's substantial sputum production

oh I see! I just learnt something new.
English people sef.
thanks.

1 Like

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Yankee101: 11:51am On Oct 13, 2021
See a doctor
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Lamasta(m): 11:53am On Oct 13, 2021
Anytask:

Hmmm. Do herbalists conduct test?
Spiritual test grin
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by freeze22(m): 11:57am On Oct 13, 2021
It could be covid, TB or something else. Or maybe nothing. But you'll never know till you visit the clinic. Remember early diagnosis is the key.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Blackdisciple(m): 11:59am On Oct 13, 2021
Only 7 day you don dey fear...
Go see doctor joor...
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Segzy22: 11:59am On Oct 13, 2021
Kylekent59:
The best advice is to go and see a doctor. If anyone here has experienced such signs before, it could be of great help.
Yes I have experienced it before, later I was told it was tb, I even lost my good job because I had to treat myself for 1good year taking injections every day for 1 year
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by cybersoldiers: 12:01pm On Oct 13, 2021
Olayetan:
You have covid 19

Go n get this drugs

Vitamin C- 2tablets 3times daily
Azithromycin tablet 500mg- one tablet daily for five days
Cloroquine tablet 4tablets to be taken once, 4tablets to be taken the second day. And 2 tablet to be taken for the third day.
Zinc - one tablet daily
Vitamin E - One tablet daily.

Drink hot water every time.
Use ur face mask always
Avoid social gathering for now

Dr. Do good.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

Corona is the number one suspect here shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reduce Belly Fat- Loose Weight / Ghana Seed Health Benefits For All / Grow Your Hair Fast With Andrea Essence Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.