Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. (14238 Views)

Please Help! How Can I Treat Chronic Catarrh That Has Lasted More Than 8yrs / 550lbs To 210lbs: See The Amazing Weight Loss Of This Woman (Photos) / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Iliveforever(m): 12:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:
Hi nairlanders, I need your help.

I started having cough seven days ago and I as well took some over the counter medications to sooth it (Erythromycin, Augmentin and a liquid one) . But it seems while I take the medications, the cough worsens especially at night. The cough is very dry and doesn't produce anything and it's mostly triggered by a funny sensation at the back of my throat.

I don't really experience any other symptom apart from loss of appetite.
I'm afraid of going to the hospital to avoid being kept in the isolation center for the suspicion/fear of covid.
Could this truly be Covid?
What should I do?

Mods, please my post needs a wide view.

I’ve had such experience before, mine lasted more than one month and it was horrible experience..
Just take bitter cola steadily and be free in hours
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by zolajpower: 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

I started having cough seven days ago and I as well took some over the counter medications to sooth it (Erythromycin, Augmentin and a liquid one) . But it seems while I take the medications, the cough worsens especially at night. The cough is very dry and doesn't produce anything and it's mostly triggered by a funny sensation at the back of my throat.

I'm afraid of going to the hospital to avoid being kept in the isolation center for the suspicion/fear of covid.
What should I do?

Umm oyibo speaking plenty fit this life oo . Na which wan Come be " UNPRODUCTIVE COUGH" again cry
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by zinizta: 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
IKBARUTEN11:

I turned out hiv-
It was indicated that I have bacterial lung infection

I sent you a mail

aight boss
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by neo25(m): 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
It might be Nasal hair caught in your throat. It happened to me.
Take half or full bottle of Eva water early in the morning before breakfast, then induce Vomit, it may get out.
Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by ramatintin(m): 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Nairaland nor be hospital. Go hospital jor
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by oshaosha2014(m): 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
You prefer a productive cough Just asking for myself.

1 Like

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Jumbojax(m): 12:52pm On Oct 13, 2021
Go for tuberculosis test, if it's not
Then try drinking mokite, if you wan prevent lung cancer
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by ogawisdom(m): 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

If after 1 week of taking erthromycin 500mg 1 x 2 daily and couflin n u are not okay then it's seriously serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Oluf3mi(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

This was me some days ago. Mine started with sore throat... irritating. I was told to use some antibiotics, then got a cough syrup, vitamin c...till yesterday I was still coughing at intervals... sleeping wasn't easy, but I slept last night without coughing, woke up and so far...I have coughed perhaps only twice today and nothing serious.
Like you I was worried, I googled what could be cause because it came with red eyes and headache. Viral infection...I got amoxicillin, ibuprofen, chloramphenicol (for the eye) then an expectorant cough syrup (forgotten the name now)
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by ahatson(m): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
Yes i experienced same recently took several antibiotics / serub it didnt respond to treatment. The only thing that worked for me was herb.

Slice or grate
1. Gingle
2. Bitter cola and (5 pieces)
Colanut (2 pieces) soak with gin and drink morning / evening it will be gone in within 3 days
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by 1bunne4lif(m): 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

You should treat malaria, also add azithromycin for dry cough
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Omolomo4eva(m): 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Me too
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Zagee: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
"Unproductive" yet it has cuase loss of voice. Odiegwu.. grin
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Down2earthd2e: 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
I will introduce this natural medicine tea made in Nigeria from plants extract in just 2 days you will thank me latter

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by OlujobaSamuel: 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
Op, I guess you are having dry cough (I'm not a dr, so don't take my words for recommendation or prescription without a test).
I had one recently and other cough syrup (cough expectorant) wasn't working until I took dry cough syrup (Novelyn) and the other medications as listed by you.
So you can try that, if no changes after 2days, see your dr or medical expert
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by luckingto50: 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
If you are afraid to go to hospital apply for vaccine

1 Like

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by drealzum(m): 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
It could be tuberculosis. Go to the nearest DOT site close to you. The earlier the better. Tuberculosis can be cured.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Psoul(m): 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

You are having flu.
It will go.
The flu keeps irritating your upper nasal place when you lie down thereby activating the cough.
Try to lie down, stuffing about two pillows between you back and neck region so that you lie down at about the angle of 45 degree.
This will make you have a coughless night.
Try it.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by RPG2020(m): 3:08pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

Go and do your PCR
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by domablaze: 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
OP, you have contacted Covid19. Just do exactly like someone suggested. It hasn't gotten to an advanced stage yet. Don't let it get more severe than it is presently otherwise you would be spending a whopping some on treatment as government is no longer interested in the treatment of covid19 patients.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Princeaniemeka: 3:44pm On Oct 13, 2021
Go and buy mixagrip 100,buy 5 card. Take morning and night. Thank me later

Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Kayodeblaze(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2021
Covid-19 I guess! But I guess your immune is strong as well, otherwise you won't be here typing. My advice is, Keep drinking warm water with small salt in it. It helps trust me! Especially when your throat hurts at night. If you can survive this for 14days. Your immune don fight am for you! But if it worsen, visit your doctor.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by bfag: 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Bro get some onion bulbs dice it inside a container that has cover and add about 10 pieces of tomtom into the diced onions keep it for about two hours,the onions would have melted the Tom Tom take the syrup formed on hourly bases with table spoon the result will amaze you
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by arthurwillia(m): 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

Could be cancerous if you are losing your voice
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Peace1993: 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
Try BITTER COLA and thank me later
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Peace1993: 5:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
Try BITTER KOLA and thank me later
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Captain6(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
Get Mucolyte
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by deenee: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

While I want to wish you speedy recovery, please explain what am unproductive cough is?

Thank you
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by perryy(m): 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

Look for lime, extract the liquid into a container. Put a very big cowry into the container that contains the lime juice overnight. Then the next morning start taking . Shale well before use. Come and look for me here after 3 days and pay homage. If you have recurring fever try to Hala me on WhatsApp via 08065283776. A cure within 7 days if guaranteed.
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by Munzy14(m): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
Olayetan:
You have covid 19

Go n get this drugs

Vitamin C- 2tablets 3times daily
Azithromycin tablet 500mg- one tablet daily for five days
Cloroquine tablet 4tablets to be taken once, 4tablets to be taken the second day. And 2 tablet to be taken for the third day.
Zinc - one tablet daily
Vitamin E - One tablet daily.

Drink hot water every time.
Use ur face mask always
Avoid social gathering for now
Hmmmmm
Re: I'm experiencing Unproductive Cough That has Lasted For 7days And Loss Of Voice. by kevwemike: 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hibiscus62:

What should I do?

is cold go to the hospital or dm me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Robert Edwards Creator Of IVF Dies At 87 / Ghana Seed Health Benefits For All / Reduce Belly Fat- Loose Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.