Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,332 members, 7,957,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price (3825 Views)

Banks Gain N740 Billion From CRR Reduction / Dangote Announces Reduction In The Price Of Cement / Kerosene Price To Be Slashed To N5O Per Litre - NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by aljharem3: 10:25pm On May 31, 2011
BY Emma Amaize
WARRI — A crowd of women, mostly housewives and traders, at Effurun, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State, danced and sang in celebration of President Goodluck Jonathan, Monday, over the reduction of the price of kerosene from between N150 and N200 to N50 per litre.

Speaking to journalists during a solidarity visit, the leader of the women, Mrs. Victoria Oghrudje, said, “we are the ones that use kerosene for cooking and we know the untold hardship we have been passing through since the price went out of the reach of the common man. So, we are happy with our President, for being a true man of the people by keeping to his words.”

She said the women decided to celebrate because they went to the petrol stations to buy kerosene and found out that they were actually selling at the government approved pump price of N50 per litre.

Mrs. Oghrudje, however, appealled to the President to further ensure that kerosene was made available to filling stations at all times.
Similarly, another woman, who spoke at the event, Mrs. Victoria Omadudu urged the President to urgently address the problems of epileptic power supply and unemployment confronting Nigeria people.

She said, “solving these two major problems will better the lot of the Nigeria people and there will also be a reduction in crime rate.”

A man who was seen rejoicing with the women, Mr. Maurice Nagomo, said Nigerians should be grateful to God for having a listening President.

A political leader in the area, Chief Godwin Inumra, who observed the celebration by the women, noted that the action of the women was a fulfillment of the scripture, which states that ‘the people rejoice when the righteous is on throne’.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/delta-women-celebrate-reduction-in-kerosene-price/
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by wesley80(m): 10:43pm On May 31, 2011
Plus one.
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by aljharem3: 10:48pm On May 31, 2011
this is definitely something i like to hear

love to see people happy and dancing not just Mr president and his wife

good one
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by Gboliwe: 1:42am On Jun 01, 2011
Kerosene is N50 a litre now? Its a lie!!!
I was happy on friday when I bought 10L @ N135L as against N159L I bought last. Now its N50L? I have to check myself!
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by aljharem3: 1:49am On Jun 01, 2011
^^^^^^^^

go check ooo
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by scopusng(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2011
Is that an achievement? Poverty go finish una.
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by MMM2(m): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2011
50 naira a litre is not d problem here,

d major problem is:
is it available @ refinery and station?
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by LoveKing(m): 11:53am On Jun 01, 2011
really? sounds good

scopusng:

Bad belle. go break your head for wall.
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by MMM2(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2011
kerosene price fit still go up again, i trust 9ja.
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by godisgr8(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2011
I hope this will extend to Lagos soon, because the high cost of this product is really telling on the people. If not for anything, at least for the masses, the President should do something fast,

God bless Nigeria,

1 Like

Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by Beync(f): 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2011
Am dancing too grin
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by babaowo: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2011
is this true,ok will ask mama at home in lagos
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by sayso: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2011
good
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by queensmith: 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2011
does the reduction only count in delta state? i smell a publicity stunt. i'll believe this when momma calls and confirms it!!
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by Meldrick(m): 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2011
scopusng:

Someone said you should go break your head. bad belle but I think you should light two banger in your ears after that you can jump into Third Mainland River and practice swimming.
He-goat of the century.
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by Beync(f): 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
^ i think he shud also hug a wet transformer
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by lagboyz: 1:54pm On Jun 01, 2011
Nice one. President. you an do better though!!
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by lagboyz: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2011
think he shud also hug a wet transformer wink cheesy wink

Say wetin happen na. lol
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by Fhemmmy: 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2011
Good one
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by 702: 2:03pm On Jun 01, 2011
too bad for hoarders!!!
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by seunlayi(m): 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2011
But I bought my yesterday in Ibadan at the rate of 850 per gallon,
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by Beync(f): 2:11pm On Jun 01, 2011
lagboyz:

think he shud also hug a wet transformer wink cheesy wink

Say wetin happen na. lol
that guy no like better thing atall, why em go say poverty go kill person?
make em carry em pessimism commot for road.
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by queensmith: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2011
seunlayi:

But I bought my yesterday in Ibadan at the rate of 850 per gallon,

tis settled, its all a bunch of hogwash! smh
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by hackney(m): 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
OBJ (and his cronies) monopoly on petroleum products don end true true.
good.
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by intelligen(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2011
scopusng:

na proper m u m u u be,go kiss barkng dog.enemy of progress,na u poverty go kill.big head.
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by ogaemma: 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2011
Was kerosene reduced only in Warri? because here in Port Harcourt I bought kerosene for N145 two days ago at conlin petrol station along east/west road.Pls in case you are in Port Harcourt ,go there and confirm the price.
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by philip0906(m): 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2011
so dats y they r celebrating?if light come dey constant nko?they will dance naked?all na poverty sha. . .
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 01, 2011
some pipo dont seize to amaze me wit their comment sometimes, how dare u reveal ur saddist tendency in an environment of jubilation!, anyway, accordin to MC'LOPH ''pipo dey flex, if u dey vex, u be enemy of progress, olosi, make i go drink beer jor!
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by monkeyleg: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2011
I think people are missing the point here, whilst we might welcome this as it affect the common man, the big question is Can Petroleum products actually be that cheap? The only way it can is if the government is heavily subsidising it. Now can the government sustain that, especially as we are not refining enough to meet our local needs, thus importing.

Whether we like it or not, Nigeria is really not pricing its petroluem product properly. Check our pricing with other countries, something just isnt right
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by evilspirit: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2011
monkeyleg:

I think people are missing the point here, whilst we might welcome this as it affect the common man, the big question is Can Petroleum products actually be that cheap? The only way it can is if the government is heavily subsidising it. Now can the government sustain that, especially as we are not refining enough to meet our local needs, thus importing.

Whether we like it or not, Nigeria is really not pricing its petroluem product properly. Check our pricing with other countries, something just isnt right

check petrol prices in venezuela
in Venezuela, where petrol is the world's cheapest, at less than 2p a litre - 54 times less than the UK, where unleaded averages £1.19.
Re: Delta Women Celebrate Reduction In Kerosene Price by monkeyleg: 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2011
evilspirit:

check petrol prices in venezuela
in Venezuela, where petrol is the world's cheapest, at less than 2p a litre - 54 times less than the UK, where unleaded averages £1.19.

Are they refining enough to meet local needs? what % is subsidised by the government? The UK average is £1.34 per litre

(1) (2) (Reply)

SW And 70% ICT Control: A Political Propaganda / Slaughter Market Port Harcourt: Before And After Demolition: Pictures & Video / Project Loans (no Bank Guarantee Or Collateral Required)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.