Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

German Transit Visa Required For Nigerians Transiting From Germany To UK? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Transit Visa Required For Nigerians Transiting From Germany To UK? (3882 Views)

Panic As Massive Deportation Of Nigerians From Germany Begins Tomorrow / Ethiopia Begins Seizure Of Undeclared Currencies By Transiting Nigerians / The Real Story About The Nigerian Woman Deported From Germany With Her 3 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

German Transit Visa Required For Nigerians Transiting From Germany To UK? by azorjiu(m): 8:46am On Oct 13, 2021
A quick question guys-
My mum is meant to travel from PH to the UK next week Monday. I have booked a flight with Lufthansa to transit via Frankfurt. Now, a friend just informed me that my mum will require a transit visa for the 3 hours stop over in Germany. I’ve been trying to seek clarification with Lufthansa but nothing has come through yet. Has anyone with UK travel visa travelled via Germany since after Brexit?
Re: German Transit Visa Required For Nigerians Transiting From Germany To UK? by sleekender(m): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2021
I got the below from Lufthansa customer care.

Airport Transit Visa Requirement

Dear Esteemed Passengers and Trade Partners,

Please be informed that passengers booked on Lufthansa Airline in need of German transit visa to United Kingdom, Asia and beyond are eligible for the following waivers at the German embassy in Lagos when applying for their Airport Transit Visa:

Appointment Waiver: Walk in to the German embassy in Lagos without prior appointment from 6:00am to 8:00am, Mondays - Fridays German Embassy Lagos Address: 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island Lagos

Checklist Waiver: All that is required is a completed application form, passport photographs, Lufthansa flight reservation and EUR80 (Naira equivalent) visa fee alongside your valid destination/UK visa/residence permit. Processing time: 5-7 working days.
This waiver is subject to review by the German consular. For further information, please visit https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/service/visa

Nigeria passport holders in possession of visa(s) to any of United States of America (USA), Ireland, Canada, Japan and European Economic Area (EEA) in addition to their valid visa or residence permit to United Kingdom (UK) or Asia are exempted from the required Airport transit visa in Germany.

At the same time the following exemptions still remain valid and allowed entry without ATV:

• Holder of a diplomatic passport • Holder of a valid visa or residence permit issued by any Schengen state
• Holder of a residence permit issued by a Member State of the EU or EEA
• Holders of residence permit issued by the Principality of Andorra, CAN. JPN, Republic of San Marino or the US, that guarantees unrestricted right of return
Re: German Transit Visa Required For Nigerians Transiting From Germany To UK? by komanderz: 5:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
You'll apply for a transit visa at the German embassy.
This rule applies to all EU transit flights eg Air France - France transit visa from French embassy. KLM- from Dutch embassy,
This transit visa started when Brexit come to force.
Best is to transit middle east Qatar, Dubai, or African countries.
Re: German Transit Visa Required For Nigerians Transiting From Germany To UK? by azorjiu(m): 9:39am On Nov 07, 2021
Thanks for your responses guys. I had to cancel the fight as it was neither profitable nor conducive for my mum to travel all the way to Lagos for transit visa. I cancelled the Lufthansa flight and was refunded 37% of my money (taxes). I booked her on a BA direct flight. I hope others don’t make my mistake. By the way, Lufthansa customer service is abysmal. I got the part refund after several calls and altercations with the airline.
Re: German Transit Visa Required For Nigerians Transiting From Germany To UK? by ganiruogene(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2022
azorjiu:
A quick question guys-
My mum is meant to travel from PH to the UK next week Monday. I have booked a flight with Lufthansa to transit via Frankfurt. Now, a friend just informed me that my mum will require a transit visa for the 3 hours stop over in Germany. I’ve been trying to seek clarification with Lufthansa but nothing has come through yet. Has anyone with UK travel visa travelled via Germany since after Brexit?

PLEASE HOW LONG DID IT TAKE BEFORE THE TRANSIT VISA WAS ISSUED? I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION NOW

(1) (Reply)

.LE / The World's Oldest Parrot Has Been Discovered At Ojapata, In Kogi State. / France (schengen) Visa Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.