Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY (1595 Views)

Wike Poses With The Nation Newspaper, Amidst Rumored Endorsement Of Tinubu / 2023: Low Turnout As Yoruba Summit Pushes For Tinubu Presidency / Former Akwa Ibom Governor Is Dead:covid19 The Rumored Cause (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 10:26am On Oct 13, 2021
Lately,

The media has been busy with news on the return of Asiwaju Tinubu after spending months in a hospital in the UK for Surgery. Before now, several politicians including the President, National assembly members and other affluent members of the society visited him in London.

It is a known fact that the Jagaban as he is fondly called, has raised a lot of politicians and contributed immensely to the Presidency on Buhari, hence the visits are not surprising.

Back to the subject matter, it is a huge rumor that Asiwaju wants to contest for the 2023 presidential election. A school of thought feels there may have been a gentle man/unwritten agreement to help Buhari become president and vice versa.

While it is the right of any qualified candidate to contest, the following reservations apply;

Nigeria is largely a country with religious divide... A large population of Muslims and a large population of Christians. There are also atheists and other religious worshipers. The feeling all over is that power should shift back to the south after the north has had 8 years under Buhari.

There are 2 lines of interest here.... North/South, Christian/Muslim.

Buhari a muslim will complete his 2 tenure terms in 2023. Tinubu a muslim continuing in 2023 may open up some arguments that it is the turn of a christian president after the 8 years of a Muslim.

Another school of thought is of the view that if power is to return to the south, it is the turn of the south east. This is largely due to Obasanjo's presidency.

These permutations are components that will lead to the emergence of a president in 2023.

1 Like

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Asgard73: 10:31am On Oct 13, 2021
grin
Someone wey no go win one single state for North...
abi Na his people wey wan use southern gibberish to manipulate southern Nigeria to vote for them

Till matter burst.. southern bla’s ended ..

Forget those people and permutations.. if their southern unity trash end.. how you go think say their market go sell for south.

This is 2019 elections .. which was rigged heavily and suppressed with government muscle and machinery

Then figure out how Yoruba market wan sell

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Xscape1993(m): 10:33am On Oct 13, 2021
Which Tinubu? Where is the physical strength? This political mistake of 2023 will be more terrible than 2015. I laugh ooo.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by AntonVince: 11:43am On Oct 13, 2021
A Tinubu presidency will ensure that a Muslim rules Nigeria for 24 straight years.

Would Muslims take such from Christians?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 11:57am On Oct 13, 2021
AntonVince:
A Tinubu presidency will ensure that a Muslim rules Nigeria for 24 straight years.

A huge concern

1 Like

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Ekpeitit(m): 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
AntonVince:

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Ekpeitit(m): 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
YOU CAN RELOCATE TO ONLINE REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.
BYE BYE.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
AntonVince:

The APC wanna produce a Muslim Southerner, is there anything wrong in PDP presenting Peter Obi a Christian Southerner?

All this wailing don dey tire person jawe

5 Likes

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
The APC wanna produce a Muslim Southerner, is there anything wrong in PDP presenting Peter Obi a Christian Southerner?

All this wailing don dey tire person jawe
Christians say it is their turn
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
Christians say it is their turn
Nobody is stopping any Christian from contesting presidentatiku

BAT 2023

5 Likes

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PEDRO117: 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
And you don’t think southern Muslims would feel neglected if a southern Christian becomes a president again...from Agustin Ironsi to Obasanjo’s military regime to Chief Ernest Shonekan to Obasanjo again to GEJ and Osinbajo as a Vice President... in short everything that has some to the south has been taken by the Christians

1 Like

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Validated: 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
Tinubu is not contesting ... the posturing is so he can remain relevant to those contesting. The APC candidates to watch are Osinbajo, Fayemi and Orji Kalu.
However, PDP will defeat APC in the polls, winning 20 out of 36 states. PDP will take back Ebonyi, Imo, Kogi, Kwara, Kano, Ogun and Cross River. APC may take Oyo and Sokoto from PDP
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Baba40(f): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2021
AntonVince:

Yoruba is Yoruba
Not defined by religion
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Oyinlomobambam(m): 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
Asgard73:
grin
Someone wey no go win one single state for North...
abi Na his people wey wan use southern gibberish to manipulate southern Nigeria to vote for them

Till matter burst.. southern bla’s ended ..

Forget those people and permutations.. if their southern unity trash end.. how you go think say their market go sell for south.

This is 2019 elections .. which was rigged heavily and suppressed with government muscle and machinery

Then figure out how Yoruba market wan sell

A lot lot of people contest in 2019 election and lost, the most notable among them is sowore.

I this it's better to campaign against Tinubu and lost election than ask him not to contest.

Digest it

1 Like

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by AntonVince: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
Baba40:

Yoruba is Yoruba
Not defined by religion

What has this got to do with my comment?
undecided
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Nobody is stopping any Christian from contesting presidentatiku

BAT 2023
Okay... I see people pushing the Christian agenda very soon. CAN and others.. With that, Tinubu presidency is dead on arrival
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
PEDRO117:
And you don’t think southern Muslims would feel neglected if a southern Christian becomes a president again...from Agustin Ironsi to Obasanjo’s military regime to Chief Ernest Shonekan to Obasanjo again to GEJ and Osinbajo as a Vice President... in short everything that has some to the south has been taken by the Christians
Southern Muslim can become a President but not after Buhari, another muslim
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
Validated:
Tinubu is not contesting ... the posturing is so he can remain relevant to those contesting. The APC candidates to watch are Osinbajo, Fayemi and Orji Kalu.
However, PDP will defeat APC in the polls, winning 20 out of 36 states. PDP will take back Ebonyi, Imo, Kogi, Kwara, Kano, Ogun and Cross River. APC may take Oyo and Sokoto from PDP
You may have a valid point. The suffering witnessed under this administration is an eye opener to all.
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
Okay... I see people pushing the Christian agenda very soon. CAN and others.. With that, Tinubu presidency is dead on arrival
Can't you just promote your Christian candidate and leave the BAT alone?

BAT 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Can't you just promote your Christian candidate and leave the BAT alone?

BAT 2023
saying the obvious and not promoting anyone...

Muslim rule for another 8 years?
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
saying the obvious and not promoting anyone...

Muslim rule for another 8 years?
Yes bro... You and I don't have more than 1 vote.

Tinubu 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Yes bro... You and I don't have more than 1 vote.

Tinubu 2023
lol... Very true but some things govern these stuff...

Moral agreements.

North- South
Muslim-Christian
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ekpeitit:
YOU CAN RELOCATE TO ONLINE REPUBLIC OF BIAFRA IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.
BYE BYE.
be serious in life
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
lol... Very true but some things govern these stuff...

Moral agreements.

North- South
Muslim-Christian
Can you show me an article where it points to the APC rotating the presidency between Muslims and Christians.

It seems some of you are getting paid to create some of this kind of threads.

Cause I see no reason why you will be spreading this sort of propaganda.

There was never a time the APC promise to rotate the presidency base on religion line. In fact, a lot of Igbos where calling APC Islamic party.

Him Tu Lie and APGA chairman back then called it Amala and Ewedu party and also called it Islamic party.

Well, no propaganda can sway people like me.

I'm waiting for your source sha

BAT 2023
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by IcyAutos: 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
I'm not a Tinubu supporter but if there's another candidate that's interested in 2023 presidency thy should come out with their chest now and start gathering supporters already. The PDP will let the presidency slip their hands a third time cause of lack of planning, there's no decision right now if they're zoning or not leaving room for division in the party. Yahaya Bello has already subtly let us know FFK is going to be his running mate, Tinubu might also have his in Ganduje (this might come as a shocker).

Las Las the entire south might end up rallying behind Tinubu if the North can rally behind Buhari.
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Can you show me an article where it points to the APC rotating the presidency between Muslims and Christians.

It seems some of you are getting paid to create some of this kind of threads.

Cause I see no reason why you will be spreading this sort of propaganda.

There was never a time the APC promise to rotate the presidency base on religion line. In fact, a lot of Igbos where calling APC Islamic party.

Him Tu Lie and APGA chairman back then called it Amala and Ewedu party and also called it Islamic party.

Well, no propaganda can sway people like me.

I'm waiting for your source sha

BAT 2023
so which article said power should shift to the south? You want to be intelligent by half

1 Like

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2021
IcyAutos:
I'm not a Tinubu supporter but if there's another candidate that's interested in 2023 presidency thy should come out with their chest now and start gathering supporters already. The PDP will let the presidency slip their hands a third time cause of lack of planning, there's no decision right now if they're zoning or not leaving room for division in the party. Yahaya Bello has already subtly let us know FFK is going to be his running mate, Tinubu might also have his in Ganduje (this might come as a shocker).

Las Las the entire south might end up rallying behind Tinubu if the North can rally behind Buhari.
Are you sure the entire south will? A Christian majority region?
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
so which article said power should shift to the south? You want to be intelligent by half
In the APC, there is an agreement that power will return to the South in 2023.

I don't know about PDP. And there has never been a time in the PDP where there is a talk of rotating the presidency through religious line.

If you can't show me an article where any Politician in the APC or PDP talked about rotating the presidency base on religion line... Then this is just a cheap propaganda.

There has never been a time there is an agreement in the APC that state that power will be rotated base on religion line.
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
In the APC, there is an agreement that power will return to the South in 2023.

I don't know about PDP. And there has never been a time in the PDP where there is a talk of rotating the presidency through religious line.

If you can't show me an article where any Politician in the APC or PDP talked about rotating the presidency base on religion line... Then this is just a cheap propaganda.

There has never been a time there is an agreement in the APC that state that power will be rotated base on religion line.
He he...

What lines hold and divide Nigeria as a country... North/South, Muslim/Christian..

True or false?

And you sound so confident that APC will win the 2023 presidential elections.

Do you realise that dollar is almost N600 now?

And Sachet water of N5 for the common man now N25-30
Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
He he...

What lines hold and divide Nigeria as a country... North/South, Muslim/Christian..

True or false?

And you sound so confident that APC will win the 2023 presidential elections.

Do you realise that dollar is almost N600 now?

And Sachet water of N5 for the common man now N25-30
Dollar have been falling since the return to democracy.

Before 1999, there was #1 ice water and #5 bread.

How much is a bag of 50kg rice under Gen. Abdulsalam? And how much is a dollar to a naira under Gen. Abdulsalam? Compare the prices to what it is when OBJ left power in 2007.

I don't see the PDP stopping the APC in 2023. Unless our democracy is derailed by a revolution or military coup or civil war, I don't see the APC losing power in the central in 2023

Nigeria don dey spoil tey tey, GEJ promised to build the 2nd Niger bridge... Did he build it or not?

Imagine if GEJ have built and completed the 2nd Niger bridge, GMB for spend the money on other important project.

I will never forget how I watch GEJ flagging off the rehabilitation of the Lagos Ibadan expressway, he even ride a caterpillar grin
I watch it live on Channels TV, with all that funfair, nothing was done on the road.

Shey nah Power we go talk? GEJ sold it to incompetent people. The Government of Bayelsa even made a bid, they want to be in charge of distribution of power supply in Bayelsa state, the FG under GEJ no gree for them.

If GEJ rehabilitated the Lagos Ibadan expressway, maybe nah the Lagos- Abeokuta expressway GMB go wan dey finish by now.

BAT 2023

1 Like

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Dollar have been falling since the return to democracy.

Before 1999, there was #1 ice water and #5 bread.

How much is a bag of 50kg rice under Gen. Abdulsalam? And how much is a dollar to a naira under Gen. Abdulsalam? Compare the prices to what it is when OBJ left power in 2007.

I don't see the PDP stopping the APC in 2023. Unless our democracy is derailed by a revolution or military coup or civil war, I don't see the APC losing power in the central in 2023

Nigeria don dey spoil tey tey, GEJ promised to build the 2nd Niger bridge... Did he build it or not?

Imagine if GEJ have built and completed the 2nd Niger bridge, GMB for spend the money on other important project.

I will never forget how I watch GEJ flagging off the rehabilitation of the Lagos Ibadan expressway, he even ride a caterpillar grin
I watch it live on Channels TV, with all that funfair, nothing was done on the road.

Shey nah Power we go talk? GEJ sold it to incompetent people. The Government of Bayelsa even made a bid, they want to be in charge of distribution of power supply in Bayelsa state, the FG under GEJ no gree for them.

If GEJ rehabilitated the Lagos Ibadan expressway, maybe nah the Lagos- Abeokuta expressway GMB go wan dey finish by now.

BAT 2023
you are just GEJJING up and down,.... Did I mention GEJ anywhere in my comments... Which nation progresses by looking backwards?

Always looking for who to blame. Typical of APC ...

Going by your dumb analysis, it means hardship will be worse under your bat because he will likely have the same mindset as yours... Prices increase with succeeding governments...

1 Like

Re: 2023: THE RUMORED TINUBU PRESIDENCY by Gbajure(m): 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
Southern Muslim can become a President but not after Buhari, another muslim

Save Yar Adua 2 yrs, xtians ruled for 14 years since 1999! PMB will be in office for only 8 yrs. Justice demand that it is the turn of a Southern Muslim after a xtian OBJ and GEJ!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Igbos Can Get Back Bonny/opobo / 2023: 'I Am Ready To Get Dirty, I Must Be President' - Tinubu / How Did The Delegates Vote ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.