Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

The Second Chance: A Telenovela - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Second Chance: A Telenovela (64291 Views)

Until My Last Breath (Telenovela On AIT) / Most Beautiful Lady On Second Chance? / Catalina And Sebastian (C&S): A Telenovela On AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by uchetobi(f): 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2007
My God! U guys are so right, stunning men, but woman of my life was 1998 and second chance 2005. I guess 7 years is time enough for a mann to work on himself and transform his body into something very hot, and hunky, damn! And yea he was married to Babarita (who I don’t agree is fine by the way) but they got divorced in 2006
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Keziah(f): 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2007
I thought they got back together after the divorce. Eya, anyway i am still praying they get back together because i really like Natalia
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by rume(m): 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2007
Are you guys still there? From where I stopped, the old man is dead!! That was about 3weeks ago. He later entered a young man's body and was taken to the hospital i.e the new or reincarnated man. He was always complaining to his nurse that he was old and had seen much of life. She would always tell him to have some rest and stop thinking, and that he was a strong young man. Later he left the hospital and headed back to his home and 'piano lesson instructor- Gaetano Cherry who was a kind of diviner or medium.
Here, I stopped.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Frankies(m): 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2007
I am one of those that hate those operas but believe it or not .

I am becoming too addictive to it. I am too helpless trying not to follow it because before they start , I position myself infront of the telly already waiting for the prog.

Cant just believe that.

SECOND CHANCE'' IS A THUNDER TO WATCH
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by naira4doll(m): 9:43pm On Oct 17, 2007
They have moved the day to Thurs, Fri and Sat sad. I doubt if this will beat paloma cheesy
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Mustay(m): 11:45pm On Oct 17, 2007
paloma is repeatatively borinh
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by showbobo(m): 1:10am On Oct 18, 2007
YORUBA PEOPLE, DEM CALL SOMETHING "WHEN YOU ARE MINE" UNA TURN AM TO PALOMA.PALOMA KO DIEGO NI grin grin
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Mustay(m): 6:51am On Oct 18, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin
u don craze
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by onydchic(f): 8:05am On Oct 18, 2007
It was cool when we were focusing on one telenovela at a time, like, MAria de los Angeles (great 1) but now its becomng too much. And they're all mostly predictable rubbish annyway.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by uchetobi(f): 8:29am On Oct 18, 2007
not second chance
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Veracious(f): 11:06am On Oct 18, 2007
hey guys, i promised to post more snippet on second chance. here is part of it. please note that i got this write-up from the a site on the net.

I had left writing about Salvador planning his revenge and Andre vowing to get Salvador out of their (Isabel’s) life. As I had mentioned earlier, Salvador had claimed to the company (initially when he was trying to get a job, and to Rebecca) that he knew Isabel, and that he used to work for the company (which is true as he was Pedro), but when Andre tried looking for his name under all the Company human resource files he never saw Salvador’s name, so he called in the old guy who works in the Factory and likes talking to Simon, and also called Isabel, and put Salvador on the spot as a liar.

Of course Salvador saved himself and claimed to be a certain boy who used to used to work for the company many years ago. He even recounted a fire incident that happened back then, so everyone believed that Salvador actually worked at the company and Andre looked like a fool.

Walter was always on Salvador’s case, and was always against him and treating him like a ‘nobody’,  There was an episode Walter reprimanded Salvador because he was late. Salvador had enough and reminded him that he should not treat people in a low manner just to uplift himself, “Doesn’t he remember that there was a time he left the Donoso house for two whole days without even calling Mr. Pedro Donoso, and during that time Mr. Donoso had suffered something terrible, a major heart attack, and when he (Walter) came back and explained himself, Mr. Donoso forgave him?”. This scared Walter as he couldn’t understand how Salvador knew so much,  (only he and Pedro had known).

Also before Salvador discovered about Isabel’s betrayal, Walter had tampered with the car and had caused an accident between Salvador and Isabel, (he had intended it for Salvador and maybe Angela). Salvador and Isabel survived the accident, and Salvador even had the nerve to kiss Isabel. Salvador knew right away that it was Walter who had tampered with the brakes and threatened him.

Walter either before or after this incident had also intended to find out more information about Salvador and where he lives. So when Salvador found out, he planned a distraction tactic he called his new side kicks, Geytana, Lupe and Lupe’s boyfriend to trail him into a shop. It seams Salvador/Pedro knew Walter very well and knew he was a thief who (as Walter admitted much later in another episode that he ‘couldn’t resist shiny things’). So Lupe and Geytana raised an alarm and Walter was arrested for one or two days for trying to steal ‘shiny’ Gold jewellery, (or maybe he escaped,) as he was just shown coming back home a day later with his clothes dishevelled. He told Isabel that he was caught by a street gang/fight.

i will be back later today to post some interesting snippets.

gotto go now.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by LarryO2(f): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2007
@ Vera,
Thanks for d summary, so interesting
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by onyekang1(f): 11:36am On Oct 18, 2007
@ saints_1

u can say that again,that telenovela is ADDICTIVE and very INTERESTING.

SECOND CHANCE is a must watch 4 everyone trust me.neva a dull moment.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Veracious(f): 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2007
Yea am back.

i hope some would not take this for granted that am posting what they have not viewed undecided

Walter and Rebecca were planning on poisoning the dog, as it was preventing them from entering the entrance of the secret place where they suspected Pedro had kept his jewellery. So without telling Rebecca, Walter put poison in a jar of water to give the dog, but he was called by Isabel. So by mistake, Abigail gave the water to Valaria, who claimed the water tasted funny.

She later suffered from severe side effects and wasn’t able to see properly, but she bumped into Salvador who wanted to take her to hospital, but Walter insisted it was not necessary (since he did not want to be discovered). In the end, Salvador managed to take her to hospital and save her life. However, everyone else including Isabel thought she had taken poison to kill herself.

She managed to convince them that she was sane. It was during this time a couple of episodes later Salvador saw Isabel kissing Andre, and he started feeling bad about the whole situation (He was not sure about his feelings as at this time, he had not yet discovered about Isabel’s and Andre’s betrayal). In the end Valaria recovered and thanked Salvador personally through the insistence of her Aunt Rebecca (who didn’t think Salvador could fall for a person like Valaria). In the end she told Salvador, how much she felt that he belonged to the house, and this made him so happy, as she had touched his heart

Some episodes later after Salvador discovered Andre’s and Isabel’s betrayal, Isabel had started and continued ‘playing’ with Salvador, telling him that it was common for all men including employees like him to fall in love with her, as she was unattainable. (This was because she was attracted to him) Isabel saw Salvador as a ‘challenge’ and was completely unprepared to fall for him. Salvador asked Isabel if she gets tired of using people and cheating on them like ‘the old man Donoso’ and now Andre.

She tried to convince him (or was it herself?) that she loved Andre. At some point Salvador started kissing her and she lost all coherent thought, In another episode, Salvador left a rose with a note in Isabel’s and Andre’s car, when they had both gone for a date, to congratulate them, but he signed as himself-Pedro Jose Donoso. Isabel was spooked as she recognized Pedro’s name and handwriting, but Andre thought she had an overactive imagination.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by realdemi(f): 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2007
@ Poster
I stopped watching Telenovelas since Secrets of the Sands(that was one of the best ever aired) but recently, I 'stumbled' on Second Chance and i can tell you, it's not what they ship down to us everyday from the Americas. It beats every other. the story line is unique and unpredictable.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by uchetobi(f): 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2007
Y'all check out gardenersdaughter. com, phiomena has started d snippets of second chance
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Tampico(f): 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2007
Hi y'all.
Ndi, uchetobi,Modups
What's up girlfriends? I just came across this thread. I had actually searched for it, n when i didn't see it, i had wanted to start it myself.
I'm simply overwhelmed, because i bot this chinese TV phone because of Second Chance(I don't have any excuse to say i didn't watch it). I have not missed an episode of it. I have looked for it everywhere on the net. I have long time busted Catalina and Sebastian(rubbish) angry for it. Anyway 2nd chance is a new Telenova compared to CnS which was done 8yrs ago. WUAM was 4  years ago. Wateva men, the storyline of CnS is so annoying. Now 2nd Chance is the bomb, it's storytelling that captivates you. It's nice to see u guys here. Apart from being a BBA fanatic, I love telenova more. With my TV phone, i keep track of Rebeca(MBI),Deceptions(Galaxy),Woman of my life(G65),Lorenzo's Wife(G65),All about Camila(MBI), CAtalina and Sebastian(AIT), Esmaeralda(AIT) i have the full story for this one, it was quite nice, Les Hermanas(NTA,Hitv),RUBY(MBI). Lagos wants to finish us with soap operas because of the success of WUAM, but i think they are overdoing it, but hey i ain't complaining. As long as i always find a balance b/w it n my life.

@Uchetobi
Philomena, as much as  i love what she did for GDot, she needs to hype her game. I have had that site stored for a very long time now, and she doesn't have anything. I think she doesn't have time to update it. But it's not enough, i have begged her to step up, if u start something, try n finish it. She try sha!

@Otuwe
Ure doing a great job girlfriend, keep it coming!

@Veracious
I for one don't take u or ure posts for granted. I don't like knowing what happens before watching, but this is an exception, because even though i know what's going to happen, i don't know how it is going to be executed. Herein lies the drama. I knew WUAM from episode 50 to the last(in detail). But that didn't stop me from watching it addictively. So i love u girl, and bw me n u, i will forever love u if u cud send me the link to my box(jiggywit_tam@yahoo.com), since u don't want to make it public. I also have some links i cud give u. It's videos, in Russian which i understand. If anyone tries to harrass u for the fantastic job ure doing, i will tear them to pieces. Much love for u girl.  kiss

@ALL
I will start posting when i settle down. I just finished reading this whole thread, n u guys are great. I hope to throw in my two cents from time to time, because i love soaps.
Tforever cool
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by adetunrayo(f): 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2007
I cant wait 2 watch today's episode in Galaxy.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by cyonujemen(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2007
It is shown on Gotel 65 Saturdays and Sundays from 7:30pm - 8:30pm and on Mondays from 8 - 9pm.
It is a much watch. I ve not been captivated by any other soap opra since "WHEN U RE MINE" was aired. Stay tuned
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Modups1(f): 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2007
hi tampico, we meet here too (dats great girlfriend) grin

just started watching d soap on dbn and i think its cool but 30 mins is too short undecided
it looks more matured dan d other mexican soaps sha
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Tampico(f): 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2007
@Modups
Thanks girlfriend grin It feels good to talk about something apart from BBA2.
Is DBN back?, my TV phone doesn't get that. They show it on MBI daily for 30 mins too from 9:00-9:30pm. I'll watch it everywhere i can. I can't complain. Now If only Veracious will be kind enuff to share that site with me, i'll b on cloud 12.
Do u know of sites i cud get the downloads, apart from philomena's LOVEGARDEN?Ive gotten some things from Telenova world, but i just registered, and i can't get the full download of second chance, till i get my password from them.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Modups1(f): 11:48am On Oct 19, 2007
@ veracious, u are doing a great job here
pls keep those posts coming

dis soap looks more & more promising than all other mexican soaps i have watched
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Veracious(f): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2007
Ok now, i want to post another episode. but i need to know how many people wants me to post the link here for your reading pleasure or should i continue with the posting of the episodes so that the trill of reading it here on Nairaland remains?

As the episodes progress, Isabel continues falling for Salvador big time (though she cannot admit to herself that she loves Salvador), Abigail, Simon, Vicky, Angela and Antonio start trusting Salvador bit-by-bit (except for Walter). Of course everyone starts getting spooked as Salvador knows them so well, brings up their past, and talks to them so well using the exact same phrases, just like Pedro Jose Donoso.

They don’t know what to make out of it, However, Vicky has a theory that Salvador could be Pedro’s son, However Antonio doesn’t think so after Salvador tells him a famous saying that Pedro always used to tell specifically him when he was just a boy, He suspects Pedro’s Spirit maybe communicates with Salvador.

His suspicions are further aroused when Salvador gives him an expensive book on his birthday for his school and he had signed the book in his name (Salvador), but he had written the dedication in the book in the same handwriting as Pedro and so he decides to investigate. One of the first places he went to was to Geytana’s place a couple of episodes later, and she told him that he was crazy to think that Pedro can take over someone else’s body, but he wasn’t so convinced,

A few episodes later, Isabel throws another party and she ends up needing Salvador to perform his duties, but she can’t find him anywhere. However, she decides to look for him to give him a piece of her mind. There she finds Salvador in the forest and they started arguing, and end up kissing. Meanwhile, Andre not knowing where Isabel is went to the forest, and luckily found them already finished kissing, so he doesn’t suspect as much, but he (Andre) still dislikes Salvador. In the same party, Isabel announces her engagement to Andre so as to show him ‘how much she loves him’ (and also as a challenge to Salvador, and to help herself focus on Andre and not Salvador).

Salvador and Angela get to be very close and Angela trusts him to give her advice about some documents Andre had given her to sign (Andre was trying to cheat her off) (Salvador had photocopied the documents earlier from Isabel and had carried an extra copy to warn Angela). Angela had earlier confessed to Salvador that she always felt unloved and alienated by her father, This made Salvador very sad, as he realised he had made a mistake as Pedro, to alienate his daughter. In the end, Salvador directed her to a lawyer whom he as Pedro trusted and was incorruptible.

However some episodes later, the lawyer was followed in his car and the person following killed/murdered him. Although it was not clear who sent the man to kill the lawyer, I suspect Andre and not Isabel as at that same time this was happening, Isabel had been arguing with Salvador and somehow ended up sleeping with Salvador in the forest. Isabel being traumatized she slept ‘with the chauffer’ went and soaked, almost diving into her bathtub full of water.

am waiting to read your post.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Lola4eva(f): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2007
Hi veracious, how do you get all this your gist , as in men you they try oh, anyways i also really like second chance, i just dont really have the time to watch it cos i get home kinda late everyday, ur posts keep me abreast with current gist and wats going on, thanks a lot, take care aite
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Modups1(f): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2007
well done veracious, well done

but come oh, is it truly the same guy that acts as salvador that acted in woman in my life?
the guy is soooooooooooooo hot in second chance wink
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Tampico(f): 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2007
@Veracious
I love u more n more girl. I was so dissapointed when they repeated last night on galaxy. It's so annoying. I feel they do it on purpose. I also understand that they are trying to carry others along, who didn't watch certain crucial episodes. I love the fact that ure posting it bit by bit here which is quite interesting , and i won't take that pleasure from u. Please i won't be around for like 2 weeks very soon, and that's why i wanted the link, because i won't be around to read ure bits, and i'll die of anticipation and suspense. Even if i read evrything, it can never be the same as seeing it as it happened ,Please send it to my box jiggywit_tam@yahoo.com. I won't tell, and i won't narrate the story here too, because ure already  doing a fantastic job. Much love.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Veracious(f): 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2007
Ok i want to post this for the weekend as i won't be around for a couple of days.

We can now see Salvador’s revenge unfolding, he is taking away Isabel from Andre the same way Andre did when Pedro was engaged and later married to Isabel. After sleeping with Salvador, Isabel was unable to give herself or sleep with Andre. Some episodes later, she finally told Andre the truth, that she was no-longer in love with him, Andre was hurt because he loved Isabel, genuinely. As Isabel packed her bags to get out from the house and from Andre, Andre threw her bags away and told her she can’t leave him because he would die without her.

Her bags being thrown on the floor of her room, Isabel decided to prepare a bath to soak and relax in, as Andre drooled on how he would die without her, Isabel wondered if the man was an idiot, hadn’t she explained herself well? She no longer loved him. Andre could not believe, he said he would die without her, he was sure if she looked at it more, she would also realize she could not live without him in the future, as she would die without him,

Saying this he grabbed her hair and forced her face into the bathing water in the bath-tub emphasizing on her dying without him, if she wasn’t going to be with him,

A few seconds later Andre continued holding Isabel underwater, until he heard Abigail knocking on the door to inform Isabel of a phone-call. He quickly released Isabel who was gasping for breath. Realizing what he had done, he held Isabel close to him and asked for her forgiveness. They argued for a while and Andre left Isabel’s room. Isabel went to ‘soak’ her self in the bathtub this time with a razor. When her Aunt Rebecca found her in the bathtub it looked as if she was about to cut her wrists to commit suicide, which she later denied.

Valeria tried to help her cousin, and asked Andre to leave her cousin alone since the relationship did not seam to be working. Andre for the second time told her she was too ugly to even talk to him, and that when he married Isabel, he would get rid of all the people who disturbed them, including her.

Valeria went back home crying where she bumped into Salvador when she swore she would leave immediately Isabel got married. He made her promise not to let people, especially those less than her put her down. That the next time he looked at her, she should be a changed woman. This is when she admitted to him that he (Salvador) reminded her of Pedro. Salvador asked Valaria if she really liked Pedro, and she admitted that she had ended up falling in love with him (Pedro), and described to Salvador how good Pedro was.

This brought tears to Salvador’s eyes, who later told her (maybe in the same episode or some episodes later), that if Pedro would had much more time, maybe he too (Pedro) would have fallen in love with her, and admire her, exactly the same way he (as Salvador)was doing at the exact same moment,
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by pisces20: 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2007
dis stuff sounds ver interesting, i wish i could also watch it. weldone veracious.
pls can you describe each character in the programme
i get a bit confused by the name when reading.
and how come they are all still living in the man's house even after his death
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Veracious(f): 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2007
@ pisces20 ,

Got this excerpt A PREVIOUS POST. Will answer your question
El cuerpo del Deseo (The Body of Desire) is a Spanish-language telenovela produced by Telemundo and RTI Colombia. This limited-run series is about a man who comes back from the dead and discovers dark secrets about his beautiful ex-wife and daughter. It first aired in 2005 and was a smash hit on Telemundo.
Major characters
• Pedro Jose Donoso - a wealthy industrialist who, at 67, thinks he has everything he ever wanted. He has a gorgeous young wife, despite the age difference and opposition from his only daughter, Ángela.
• Salvador Cerinza - a farmer who lives a sad life with his stingy wife Cantalicia and their son Moncho. Then everything changes when he suffers a mysterious accident.
• Isabel Arroyo - a sensual, ambitious woman who loves her husband, Pedro Jose, at least on the surface.
• Andrés Corona - Pedro Jose’s right hand man and Isabel’s secret lover. Two-faced, astute and ruthless, he will do anything to take everything Pedro Jose owns.
• Ángela Donoso - the only daughter of Pedro Jose, who returns from abroad when she discovers his engagement to Isabel. She also has feelings for Andrés.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by uchetobi(f): 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2007
Hey tampico, wassup gf, gd 2c u here, yea I agree C&S is so damn annoying, d story line is weak
Are u sure bout Philomena? check d site again o! cuz she has passed all dis part that Veracious is
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Veracious(f): 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2007
@ uche

it would interest you to know that i have given the site ID to Tampico to enable her get all the details. and also,i dont think it would be wise of me to post all the snippets all at once here as such an act would definentely kill the trill of reading it here on nairaland and also prevent them from exprecing their views. at least that was why its called a forum because it would be too boring to our fellow NLander's who are enjoying it the way i am posting it bit by bit. so girl enjoy it the way it comes afterall you had the details too but did not post it here for other to read before i decided to be generouse enough with it.
Re: The Second Chance: A Telenovela by Modups1(f): 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2007
veracious i dont mind oh
i wanna know d whole story now now pleaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thin Tall Tony Mocks Bisola's Teeth & Body Size, Bisola Gives Epic Reply / Sulaiman Aledeh Quits Channels TV / Zeeworld: Thursday Update On Twist Of Fate Episode 66 - 67

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.