Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

How Is Faith Chosen????? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Faith Chosen????? (1606 Views)

What Is Faith ? : A Dialogue Between Man And God / What Is Faith / What Is Faith Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Oct 15, 2021
Crystyano:
How did you choose after investigating
Made the choice of which Faith to go with in my mind/heart, and then followed it up by doing what the faith commanded or required of me. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 12:23am On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
I am not asking WHY you choose
I am asking HOW you choose faith
Since you can't determine how you choose faith
Then faith is not a choice
Faith is not a choice? No one is literally born believing any particular faith. It is all chosen, with some having that choice foisted on them by those over them. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:12am On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:

Awareness of what?

Understanding of what

You are wrong!!!

It would not be absence and awareness if you could have KNOWN!
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:

How did they choose faith??
Are you born an atheist?
It's the same with faith, you chose just as those people chose to have faith in the things they heard! wink
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Mleeperbother: 7:22am On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I spent time reading up manuscripts/scriptures on each of the Faiths that i thought at least somewhat aligned with my reasoning and goals at the time. undecided

I asked questions of those who were current with each Faith, as well as those who has abandoned the Faith gathering information to help me understand the ups and downs involved with practicing of each. undecided

At bolded,
So, basically, you were searching for yourself You project yourself as god and then turn around looking for that projection.
A true seeker would read up on every faith without bias.
Who knows if the true God lays in the most "despicable" religion.
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 11:19am On Oct 16, 2021
Mleeperbother:

At bolded,
So, basically, you were searching for yourself You project yourself as god and then turn around looking for that projection.
A true seeker would read up on every faith without bias.
Who knows if the true God lays in the most "despicable" religion.
I did not project myself as god. I was nor searching for myself but instead searching for answers to help me better understand my reason for being. undecided

Faith, for me at that time, simply meant a path thrlhh which to reach a God. And my objective at that time was not to join your club of "true seekers" but to reasonable investigate the select paths that made reasonable sense to me in order to finding Him. Had I not found Him on those select path, I probably would have maybe attempted some unreasonable options, well, at least as best I could, before giving up on the whole idea of course. undecided

If the "true God" lays in the most despicable religion like you said, then He wouldn't make sense to someone like me. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Mleeperbother: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I did not project myself as god. I was nor searching for myself but instead searching for answers to help me better understand my reason for being. undecided
So on the presumption that you have a reason for being. So, if there is none you started on a wrong foot.

Faith, for me at that time, simply meant a path thrlhh which to reach a God. And my objective at that time was not to join your club of "true seekers" but to reasonable investigate the select paths that made reasonable sense to me in order to finding Him. Had I not found Him on those select path, I probably would have maybe attempted some unreasonable options, well, at least as best I could, before giving up on the whole idea of course. undecided
'Unreasonable', 'a God', 'Him'.
In finding a god, you already had an idea of what/who you were looking for. And if God exists, but doesn't match whatever idea you built in your desperation, then you would likely find a false god.

If the "true God" lays in the most despicable religion like you said, then He wouldn't make sense to someone like me. undecided
Exactly, he wouldn't make sense to you, because it doesn't matter what the true nature of God is, but what kind of God you would want.
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 12:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
Mleeperbother:

1. So on the presumption that you have a reason for being. So, if there is none you started on a wrong foot.

2. 'Unreasonable', 'a God', 'Him'.
In finding a god, you already had an idea of what/who you were looking for. And if God exists, but doesn't match whatever idea you built in your desperation, then you would likely find a false god.

3. Exactly, he wouldn't make sense to you, because it doesn't matter what the true nature of God is, but what kind of God you would want.
1. Instead I was trying to find out if there was a reason for being. I wanted to know if there was in fact meaning to this existence. undecided

2. Ofcourse, I had to have an idea of what it was I was looking for. I knew and believed he could not be man and so He had to be more than just man. He had to be more than just the reasonable. And He also had to to more than just nature, and more than just the cosmos... He had to be more than just anything in order to be capable of providing me the answers I needed. He had to be beyond the boundaries that I had reached myself as a being created by Him. undecided

3. In a way, you are right. I did state from the beginning that I was seeking God based on my reasons and goals. So, not just any kind of god would have made sense to me. My definition of the "true God" was a God not limited in the way that we, nature or even the cosmos is. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When it comes to Faith, the choice is made in your heart/mind, not with your hands and senses. undecided

Once you make that choice in your heart/mind, and follow it up with the doing , typically in obedience, you are in the faith. undecided

How does it happen in the mind?
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
How does it happen in the mind?
The same exact way you make choices or commitments in your mind. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

It would not be absence and awareness if you could have KNOWN!

KNOWN what?
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The same exact way you make choices or commitments in your mind. undecided

How do I make choices in my mind?
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
How do I make choices in my mind?
The same way you have always done it before now. You just chose to respond to my post only moments ago. That is how you do it. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The same way you have always done it before now. You just chose to respond to my post only moments ago. That is how you do it. undecided

I didn't choose to post in my mind

I actually posted with my hands
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Faith is not a choice? No one is literally born believing any particular faith. It is all chosen, with some having that choice foisted on them by those over them. undecided

Faith occurred in your head
Then it made you to consider it as a choice
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
Faith entered your head then it made you to consider it as a choice
Faith entered my head from where? What do you mean by that? undecided
What do you think Faith is? undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:32pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
I didn't choose to post in my mind
I actually posted with my hands
But you did... your every actions are driven by choices you make in your mind. Your hands don't automatically do anything unless the decision is made to do that from your mind and brains. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Are you born an atheist?
It's the same with faith, you chose just as those people chose to have faith in the things they heard! wink

Everyone is born an atheist
Faith occurs by chance in your head

It also disappears by chance
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I meant to say faith occurred in your head
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But you did... your every actions are driven by choices you make in your mind. Your hands don't automatically do anything unless the decision is made to do that from your mind and brains. undecided

It is not a choice until I post with my hands

Thinking of doing it is not the same as doing it
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Faith is the consideration of something as true even when you cannot determine how it is true
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
It is not a choice until I post with my hands
Thinking of doing it is not the same as doing it
i am afraid you need to go learn how your mind and brain work together there. Google to learn how it works. It is a fascinating thing indeed. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
Faith is the consideration of something as true even when you cannot determine how it is true
And this your definition of faith comes from where? undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
i am afraid you need to go learn how your mind and brain work together there. Google to learn how it works. It is a fascinating thing indeed. undecided

You are diverting

I consider the choice of posting as different from the choice of thinking of posting
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And this your definition of faith comes from where? undecided

You don't have to agree

You have proven that definition by failing to demonstrate how your statements about Jesus are true
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
I meant to say faith occurred in your head
Up until this point, the definition of Faith, I had been applying is as below..
Faith

strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
"bereaved people who have shown supreme faith"
So when I spoke of choosing Faith, I meant more like you may understand as choosing a religion. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
Nope! I have instead been speaking of Faith .I.e. religion. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
You don't have to agree
You have proven that definition by failing to demonstrate how your statements about Jesus are true
Failing to demonstrate how your statements about Jesus are true? undecided

I have said absolutely nothing about Jesus Christ up to this point in the conversation. So are you certain your head is in this here discussion at all? undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
You are diverting
I consider the choice of posting as different from the choice of thinking of posting
Wrong! Every choice you make begins and is processed in your mind and by your brain. No exceptions! undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Failing to demonstrate how your statements about Jesus are true? undecided

I have said absolutely nothing about Jesus Christ up to this point in the conversation. So are you certain your head is in this here discussion at all? undecided

You have stated Bla Bla Bla about Jesus before

I have read some of your responses in other threads
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Oct 16, 2021
Crystyano:
You have stated Bla Bla Bla about Jesus before
I have read some of your responses in other threads
I didn't come here to prove any statements about Jesus Christ to you - I owe nobody an explaination for my belief, none. I came on this thread simply to engage and respond appropriately. undecided
Re: How Is Faith Chosen????? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! Every choice you make begins and is processed in your mind and by your brain. No exceptions! undecided

You don't understand

Processing with your brain doesn't mean doing it

I can process eating rice but it doesn't mean I have eaten rice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Second Coming Has Already Happened In 70 AD / The Suicide Of Jesus / Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.