Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? (1602 Views)

A Deceptive Deity / Supriem Rockefeller Messiah Or Antichrist? / Jesus Prophesied and Warned: Paul is False Prophet/Messiah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by ITISTRUE1: 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
What Islam Really Teaches About Allah and Jesus

By David Wood

For nearly two thousand years, Christians have proclaimed Jesus’ death and resurrection. Islam rejects both of these doctrines and offers a different account of what happened at the cross and afterwards. However, the Muslim explanation comes at a tremendous price: Their version of the story portrays God as a horrible deceiver, and Jesus as the most stupendous failure in the history of the prophets. Hence, while Muslims claim that “Allah is Truth”[1] and that Jesus is to be revered as one of Allah’s mightiest prophets, these claims are hollow, for Islamic dogma comes with a great deal of heresy.

Allah Starts Christianity . . . By Accident

If we examine the teachings of Islam, we find that Allah not only started Christianity, but also made Christianity the world’s dominant religion. This fact should seem strange to everyone, for Muslims believe that Christianity is a false religion. Of course, Muslims will respond by arguing that Christianity is a false religion because it was corrupted by man, but that in its original state it was the message of Allah given to Jesus the son of Mary.

While there isn’t a shred of evidence that the followers of Jesus ever believed anything similar to Islam, this is beside the point. According to Islam, Christianity was corrupted by Allah himself. To understand why Islam demands such a view, let us review a few facts.

FACT #1: The Qur’an states that Jesus was a messenger of Allah and a prophet of Islam. Indeed, Surah 19 tells us that Jesus began preaching Islamic theology the moment he was born:

And the throes (of childbirth) compelled [Mary] to betake herself to the trunk of a palm tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died before this, and had been a thing quite forgotten! Then (the child [i.e. the infant Jesus]) called out to her from beneath her: Grieve not, surely your Lord has made a stream to flow beneath you; And shake towards you the trunk of the palmtree, it will drop on you fresh ripe dates: So eat and drink and refresh the eye. . . . Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet; And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live; And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed; And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life.[2]

Jesus continued to preach the message of God throughout his life, until he was taken to heaven. According to the Qur’an, the Gospel that Jesus brought was no different from the message of the prophets before him. Jesus, a servant and prophet of God, preached Islam:

The same religion has He Established for you as that Which He enjoined on Noah—That which We have sent By inspiration to thee—And that which We enjoined On Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain Steadfast in Religion, and make No divisions therein.[3]

[Jesus] was no more than A servant: We granted Our favour to him, And We made him An example to the Children of Israel. . . . When Jesus came With Clear Signs, he said: “Now have I come To you with Wisdom, And in order to make Clear to you some Of the (points) on which Ye dispute: therefore fear Allah And obey me. For Allah, He is my Lord And your Lord: so worship Ye Him: this is A Straight Way.”[4]

Thus, Jesus spent approximately 33 years, from his birth to his ascension, preaching Islam to the children of Israel. Prior to his apparent crucifixion, his preaching was moderately successful, as the conversion of some of his listeners indicates.

FACT #2: The Qur’an states that Jesus won a number of followers. Since Jesus spent his entire life preaching an early form of Islam, his message to his disciples must have centered around the basic tenets of Islamic theology. These disciples would have become something similar to Muslims, which is exactly what Islam teaches about Jesus’ followers:

When Jesus found Unbelief on their [i.e. the Jews’] Part He said: “Who will be My helpers to (the work Of) Allah?” Said the Disciples: “We are Allah’s helpers: We believe in Allah, And do thou bear witness That we are Muslims.”[5]

And behold! I inspired The Disciples [of Jesus] to have faith In Me and Mine Messenger; They said, “We have faith, And do thou bear witness That we bow to Allah As Muslims.”[6]

Then, in their wake, We followed them up With (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, And bestowed on him The Gospel; and We ordained In the hearts of those Who followed him Compassion and Mercy.[7]

If the Qur’an is correct, then Jesus converted at least some of the children of Israel to Islam. Though there is absolutely no historical evidence for any such conversions, let us assume for the sake of argument that there were first century Jews who believed the message of Jesus and became Muslims. As we shall see, this assumption only presents problems for Muslim apologists.

FACT #3: If there were first-century Jews who converted to Islam at the preaching of Jesus, they didn’t last very long. The idea that Jesus’ earliest followers were Muslims raises an obvious question: Why have we never heard of any Muslims existing in the first century? We have a great deal of historical information about Jesus’ first-century followers, but we have no evidence at all of any Muslims. Defenders of Islam will most likely claim here that Christianity wiped out all the records of Jesus’ non-Christian followers, but such a view is absurd. We have both Christian and non-Christian sources that report early Christian beliefs, yet none of these sources mention the existence of any Muslim-Christians. At the very least, we can say with absolute certainty that Jesus’ death was well-known among ancient authorities, and that Jesus’ earliest followers—including Peter, James, and John—came to believe that Jesus had died on the cross for their sins and that he had risen from the dead. (We also know that the disciples held Jesus to be the divine Son of God, but this isn’t necessary for my argument.) All four New Testament Gospels confirm the early Christian belief in Jesus’ death and resurrection, as does the book of Acts. Paul’s letters also repeatedly proclaim Jesus’ death and resurrection. Further, an ancient creed recorded in 1 Corinthians 15 has been dated to within a few years of Jesus’ life and therefore provides extremely early testimony about Christian beliefs during the time of the apostles. It reads:

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas [Peter], then to the twelve.[8]

We also have early Christian writings from outside the New Testament that report the beliefs of Jesus’ followers. For instance, Clement of Rome, who was ordained as Bishop of Rome by the Apostle Peter, writes about the apostles’ belief in Jesus’ resurrection from the dead.[9] Polycarp, who was ordained by the Apostle John, mentions Jesus’ resurrection numerous times.[10] There are even several ancient non-Christian sources that report crucial information about Jesus and the apostles. According to both the Jewish historian Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus, Jesus was crucified during the reign of Pontius Pilate.[11] Lucian of Samosata, a Greek satirist, states, “The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day—the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account.”[12] Even the Jewish Talmud reports the crucifixion of Jesus.[13]

Hence, the most reasonable interpretation of the data is that the Qur’an is wrong when it says (1) that Jesus never died and (2) that Jesus’ early followers were Muslims. Nevertheless, let us be generous and grant, in spite of the facts, that there were a number of first-century Muslims, but that all evidence of their existence was later destroyed by Christians. Even if we grant such an outlandish assumption, this still presents Muslims with an enormous problem: What happened to these first-century Muslims? Why was Islam replaced by belief in Jesus’ sacrificial death and resurrection from the dead? Why didn’t Jesus’ 33 years of preaching amount to anything that lasted?

Muslims will most likely respond to these questions by arguing, once again, that Christianity corrupted Jesus’ message and that the Christian church erased all memory of Jesus’ Islamic teachings. However, no true Muslim should accept this position, for it conceals the true Qur’anic account of what happened.

FACT #4: The Qur’an states that Allah deceived people into believing that Jesus had died on the cross. According to the Qur’an, Jesus was able to convert at least some Jews to Islam. But we know from history that Jesus’ early followers became convinced of his death and resurrection. Hence, the obvious reason that there were no Muslims after Jesus ascended into heaven is that all of Jesus’ followers came to believe that he died on the cross and rose from the dead. And where did they get this idea? According to Islam, the idea that Jesus died on the cross was started by Allah:

That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah”—But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, But so it was made To appear to them, And those who differ Therein are full of doubts, With no (certain) knowledge, But only conjecture to follow, For of a surety They killed him not—Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise.[14]

Even if we allow that Allah’s only goal was to deceive the people who wanted to kill Jesus, it is clear that the disciples also fell for Allah’s deception. So who is responsible for the Christian belief that Jesus died on the cross? If Islam is correct, God started this idea when he decided to trick Jesus’ enemies into thinking that they had killed Jesus. This leads to even more problems. If the deception of the disciples was unintentional, then we must conclude that God didn’t realize that he was about to start the largest false religion in the world. If it was intentional, then God is in the business of starting false religions. Therefore, the God of Islam is either dreadfully ignorant or maliciously deceptive.

Muhammad’s position also means that Jesus was the greatest failure in the history of the prophets. He spent 33 years preaching (again, he began preaching Islamic theology at birth), yet shortly after his death, the children of Israel were divided into two broad camps. Those who believed his message became Christians, all of whom were guilty of the worst sin imaginable (shirk[15]), while those who rejected his message were guilty of rejecting one of God’s greatest messengers. Thus, whether people believed in Jesus or rejected him, everyone would ultimately be condemned and cast into the hellfire. It’s strange, then, that Muslims consider Jesus to be one of the greatest prophets ever. It seems that he should have been able to win at least one lasting convert to Islam. But he didn’t. Further, a true prophet of Islam should have warned his followers not to turn away from Islam by falling for God’s deception. But Jesus never got that message across. Indeed, millions of people from around the world now refuse to accept Islam because they believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, a teaching that goes back to a deceptive God and an incompetent Messiah.

Allah Spreads the False Religion He Accidentally Started

If we follow the teachings of Islam through to their logical conclusion, we see that God either intentionally or unintentionally started Christianity. But the Qur’an doesn’t stop there. Instead of correcting the mess he made, Allah took Christianity to the next level.

FACT #5: The Qur’an states that Allah helped spread Christianity. Once God had caused belief in Jesus death and resurrection, he then worked diligently to aid the Christians in spreading their false message:

O you who believe! be helpers (in the cause) of Allah, as [Jesus] son of Marium said to (his) disciples: Who are my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the cause) of Allah. So a party of the children of Israel believed and another party disbelieved; then We aided those who believed against their enemy, and they became uppermost.[16]

This verse is extremely important, for it means that Allah helped the followers of Jesus against the Jews who rejected Jesus, and that these followers “became uppermost.” So who were these followers of Jesus who became stronger than the Jews? The only people in history who fit such a description are orthodox Christians, who believe in Jesus’ death, resurrection, and divinity. In other words, Muslims can’t claim here that Jesus’ message was corrupted and that the true Gospel was wiped out, because that clearly isn’t the group that the Qur’an refers to in this passage. Even if there was a group of first century Muslim-Christians, this group never gained an upper hand over anyone. Indeed, they must have been snuffed out immediately. The only group of Jesus’ followers that ever became strong enough to overshadow the Jews was composed of Christians, once Christianity had spread throughout the Roman Empire. These Christians believed in the foundational doctrines that Christians hold even today. Yet, according to the Qur’an, Allah helped these people rise to power!

How, then, did Christianity spread and become the dominant world religion? It spread by the power of Allah! And who started the Christian message about Jesus’ death on the cross? God invented this message! Even non-Christian historians are convinced that Jesus’ death is one of history’s best-established facts.[17] Where did historians get this idea? They got it from God, who tricked so many people into believing in Jesus’ death that we now have tons of historical evidence for this event. Since there are roughly two billion Christians on earth at the present moment, it seems that Jesus and God are responsible for starting the only religion in the world that overshadows Islam.

If Islam Is True . . .

Needless to say, I think the Islamic view is extremely problematic. It requires us to believe that God deceived billions of people. God even led Jesus’ followers astray by tricking so many people into believing that Jesus died. This could have been avoided if God hadn’t been so intent on deceiving people. But this leads to more questions: Why would God want people to believe that Jesus was dead when he really wasn’t? Muslims can’t argue that God did it to protect Jesus from the Jews or Romans, since God was taking Jesus away safely anyway. So, why would God want to give Jesus’ enemies the satisfaction of seeing Jesus killed? Why not raise Jesus up without deceiving everyone about it? There seems to be no reason at all for God to deceive these people, especially since such a deception would soon lead to the formation of Christianity.

This is a difficult pill to swallow, yet Islam forces us to view the origin of Christianity in this way. If Islam is true, God deceives people who believe the prophets he sends. If Islam is true, God spreads false teachings until they become dominant in the world. If Islam is true, Jesus, the Messiah, was completely incompetent and should never have been sent by God, since Jesus’ life ended up leading more people astray than any other life in history. Because the Muslim view is at odds with any traditional understanding of God’s nature (including the Islamic understanding), Islam is an incoherent religious system, which should be rejected by all rational people. Islam has a poor and contemptible explanation for the origin of Christianity. If Islam is true, the existence of Christianity makes no sense at all.

If Christianity Is True . . .

Christianity, on the other hand, easily accounts for the rise of Islam. Indeed, if Christianity is true, the rise of Islam makes perfect sense. If it isn’t immediately clear why Christianity entails the rise of religions such as Islam, consider the following line of thought.

If Christianity is true, then the following statements are also true:

(1) People can only come to God through Jesus Christ.
(2) Satan is a real spirit being who wants to keep people from God.[18]

With these statements in mind, let’s see if we can figure out a little something about Satan. Now, if Satan wants to keep people from God, and if the way to God is through Jesus Christ, what would Satan’s highest priority be? His main goal wouldn’t be to get people to lead immoral lives (though he would prefer that we do, since this corrupts God’s created order); instead, his primary aim would be to incite people to reject Christ, for this rejection is what keeps them separated from God.

But how would Satan convince people to reject Christ? We should note here that there are plenty of people in the world who simply don’t care about God. Satan doesn’t have to worry about them, because they aren’t interested in salvation anyway. Since his goal is to keep as many people from God as possible, we would expect Satan to be more focused on people who are to some extent concerned with religious matters. There are two ways to keep such people from God. Satan would either have to convince them that all “religious talk” is nonsense (i.e. by spreading secularism, which we see around the world) or he would have to offer them a substitute for the truth (i.e. a religion that rejects what is necessary for salvation).

Thus, if Christianity is true, we would expect Satan to inspire religions that reject Christ’s sacrificial death and resurrection, even though these religions may be similar to Christianity in other (non-essential) respects. Now that we have a clear picture of what we would predict if Christianity were true, let us see how Islam matches up with our prediction.

The message of Islam is something like this: “Believe in God. Do good deeds. If you do enough of them, you’ll get to heaven. Respect Jesus, for he was a mighty prophet, who delivered God’s message to the children of Israel. Also believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he performed many miracles, and that he was the Messiah. But whatever you do, don’t believe that he died on the cross for your sins. And don’t believe that he rose from the dead. In fact, the worst possible sin you can commit is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God.” Notice that Islam rejects Christianity’s essential requirements for salvation while accepting certain other doctrines. For instance, Muslims are commanded to believe in God, but even Satan and his demons believe in God. Muslims are commanded to do good deeds, but all religions teach this. Muslims are allowed to believe certain things about Jesus (such as his prophet status and virgin birth), but these beliefs do not save a person. Yet when we come to beliefs that are essential for salvation—the deity of Christ, his death on the cross, and his resurrection from the dead—we find that Islam is violently opposed to these crucial doctrines.[19] Islam, then, looks exactly like the religion we predicted that Satan would form, for it denies what is necessary for people to come to God.

There is, of course, an easier way for us to see that Christianity predicts the rise of Islam. We can look at some of the prophecies in the Bible. For example, Jesus said that “Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.”[20] Paul added that some people would follow “deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.”[21] (The phrase “deceitful spirit” is reminiscent of the Qur’anic claim that Allah deceived people about the death of Jesus.) The Bible warns over and over again that false teachers and false prophets would come in order to distort the Gospel. Apparently, few people in Muhammad’s time heeded this warning.

Final Thoughts

Throughout history, many people have claimed to be prophets. Indeed, there are many self-proclaimed prophets even today, and there will be more tomorrow. Suppose a prophet arises at some point in the future, one who claims to have a new revelation from God.[22] Both Muslims and Christians would reject him. But suppose this prophet says to Muslims, “Brothers, you have believed in the teachings of Muhammad, but I’m here to tell you that Islam was started by God to deceive people. The pagans in Arabia were doing awful things, such as killing their daughters and marrying hundreds of women. God decided to punish them by leading them astray and making all of you believe something that isn’t true. But I’m here to tell you the truth! I am God’s greatest prophet, sent to rescue you from evil!” Would Muslims believe him? Most certainly wouldn’t. But why would Muslims reject this new prophet? They would reject him because they would refuse to believe that God knowingly deceived millions of people. Yet this is exactly what Muslims believe when it comes to the death of Jesus. So if Muslims believe in a God who deceives people, even those who follow his prophets, how can Muslims be confident that they have been given the truth?

Muslims boast about their reverence for God and their respect for the prophets. Yet, upon closer examination, we see that Islam accuses God of one of the greatest religious deceptions ever. This should cause us to pause and think for a moment. Why would a religion that prides itself on its view of God proclaim that God starts false religions? Why would people who claim to respect Jesus suggest that he was a tremendous failure? It appears that Islam is so incredibly desperate to destroy Christianity, that it doesn’t mind destroying itself. In other words, Islam can only explain away Jesus’ death and resurrection by making God out to be a deceiver, which destroys the Islamic conception of God. This desperation only makes sense if Christianity is true, and if Islam was designed by Satan to keep people from being saved.

Muslims can object to this all they want. They can continue to proclaim their devotion to God and their respect for his prophets. But there’s something strange about the way they explain Christianity. There’s something very odd about a God who leads the world astray. If Islam is true, God and Jesus are failures. But if Christianity is true, God and Jesus were victorious at the cross, for the door to salvation was opened to all, in spite of those who tried to keep the door shut.

Jesus warned his followers that false prophets would come. He also commanded us not to believe them. One of the ways we can spot false prophets is by carefully discerning when their teachings lead to unacceptable beliefs about God. God is Truth, and he is Love. Islam, when carefully examined, would have us believe otherwise.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by nuclearboy(m): 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^ that is one brilliant article.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by hakunajay(m): 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^ that is one brilliant article.

I concur,
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Frosbel: « on: Today at 03:02:17 PM »
[Quote]What Islam Really Teaches About Allah and Jesus

By David Wood

For nearly two thousand years, Christians have proclaimed Jesus’ death and resurrection. Islam rejects both of these doctrines and offers a different account of what happened at the cross and afterwards. However, the Muslim explanation comes at a tremendous price: Their version of the story portrays God as a horrible deceiver, and Jesus as the most stupendous failure in the history of the prophets. Hence, while Muslims claim that “Allah is Truth”[1] and that Jesus is to be revered as one of Allah’s mightiest prophets, these claims are hollow, for Islamic dogma comes with a great deal of heresy.[/Quote]Prophet Jesus son of Mary in the Quran is different from that of after "the Gospels". Even the Jesus of the "Gospel" is different from that of after the "Gospels" The Gospel Jesus was known to say God is his Master, Sender of the Message he preached. And the message was not different from what was sent before wit other Prophets; Moses, etc that God is One and must be worshiped. In fact Jesus was commanded to live out the Message and Laws of those prophets before him. Based on that he warned that after him, anyone from his community that will abolish or encourages anyone to abolish even the smallest part of the laws and Message will be the least in the Kingdom of God [whatever that kingdom is].

[Quote]Allah Starts Christianity . . . By Accident

If we examine the teachings of Islam, we find that Allah not only started Christianity, but also made Christianity the world’s dominant religion. This fact should seem strange to everyone, for Muslims believe that Christianity is a false religion. Of course, Muslims will respond by arguing that Christianity is a false religion because it was corrupted by man, but that in its original state it was the message of Allah given to Jesus the son of Mary.[/Quote]Allah did not start Christianity because He didn't name it, but people of antioch named it at least. Allah did not start Judaism, because the Jews named it from their Judah bloodline and or their Judea nation dominance over Israel. Infact, Allah says in Surah Imran that Ibrahim who the children of Israel claim over arabs and muslims that 'he was not a Jew and he was not a Christian", but a believer in Oneness of The God worthy of all worship [as hanifan], muslima and he is not one of the idolators, partnering gods with God. Further, in Surah Imran, Allah says that the religion of Allah on mankind is Islam and whoever comes to Him with another it will be rejected. He further warns that oh those of you who say that you are "believers" in One God, do not die unless you die on Islam. If nothing is clear to you, the last one should tell you that man created christianity as man created Atheism.

[Quote]While there isn’t a shred of evidence that the followers of Jesus ever believed anything similar to Islam, this is beside the point. According to Islam, Christianity was corrupted by Allah himself. To understand why Islam demands such a view, let us review a few facts.

FACT #1: The Qur’an states that Jesus was a messenger of Allah and a prophet of Islam. Indeed, Surah 19 tells us that Jesus began preaching Islamic theology the moment he was born:

And the throes (of childbirth) compelled [Mary] to betake herself to the trunk of a palm tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died before this, and had been a thing quite forgotten! Then (the child [i.e. the infant Jesus]) called out to her from beneath her: Grieve not, surely your Lord has made a stream to flow beneath you; And shake towards you the trunk of the palmtree, it will drop on you fresh ripe dates: So eat and drink and refresh the eye. . . . Surely I am a servant of Allah; He has given me the Book and made me a prophet; And He has made me blessed wherever I may be, and He has enjoined on me prayer and poor-rate so long as I live; And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed; And peace on me on the day I was born, and on the day I die, and on the day I am raised to life.[2]

Jesus continued to preach the message of God throughout his life, until he was taken to heaven. According to the Qur’an, the Gospel that Jesus brought was no different from the message of the prophets before him. Jesus, a servant and prophet of God, preached Islam:

The same religion has He Established for you as that Which He enjoined on Noah—That which We have sent By inspiration to thee—And that which We enjoined On Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain Steadfast in Religion, and make No divisions therein.[3]

[Jesus] was no more than A servant: We granted Our favour to him, And We made him An example to the Children of Israel. . . . When Jesus came With Clear Signs, he said: “Now have I come To you with Wisdom, And in order to make Clear to you some Of the (points) on which Ye dispute: therefore fear Allah And obey me. For Allah, He is my Lord And your Lord: so worship Ye Him: this is A Straight Way.”[4]

Thus, Jesus spent approximately 33 years, from his birth to his ascension, preaching Islam to the children of Israel. Prior to his apparent crucifixion, his preaching was moderately successful, as the conversion of some of his listeners indicates.[/Quote]let me ask David Wood, if the message of Jesus of the Bibles or as the Christians take it is the same as that of Moses or as the Jews take it, even before I ask if the message of Jesus of the Bibles is the same as Jesus of the Quran or as the Quran categorizes him? Please start by what the Jews think of God and what the Christians think of God, especially "Trinity".
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 11:36pm On Aug 05, 2011
[Quote]FACT #2: The Qur’an states that Jesus won a number of followers. Since Jesus spent his entire life preaching an early form of Islam, his message to his disciples must have centered around the basic tenets of Islamic theology. These disciples would have become something similar to Muslims, which is exactly what Islam teaches about Jesus’ followers:

When Jesus found Unbelief on their [i.e. the Jews’] Part He said: “Who will be My helpers to (the work Of) Allah?” Said the Disciples: “We are Allah’s helpers: We believe in Allah, And do thou bear witness That we are Muslims.”[5]

And behold! I inspired The Disciples [of Jesus] to have faith In Me and Mine Messenger; They said, “We have faith, And do thou bear witness That we bow to Allah As Muslims.”[6]

Then, in their wake, We followed them up With (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, And bestowed on him The Gospel; and We ordained In the hearts of those Who followed him Compassion and Mercy.[7]

If the Qur’an is correct, then Jesus converted at least some of the children of Israel to Islam. Though there is absolutely no historical evidence for any such conversions, let us assume for the sake of argument that there were first century Jews who believed the message of Jesus and became Muslims. As we shall see, this assumption only presents problems for Muslim apologists.

FACT #3: If there were first-century Jews who converted to Islam at the preaching of Jesus, they didn’t last very long. The idea that Jesus’ earliest followers were Muslims raises an obvious question: Why have we never heard of any Muslims existing in the first century?[/quote]
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 12:28am On Aug 06, 2011
[Quote]FACT #2: The Qur’an states that Jesus won a number of followers. Since Jesus spent his entire life preaching an early form of Islam, his message to his disciples must have centered around the basic tenets of Islamic theology. These disciples would have become something similar to Muslims, which is exactly what Islam teaches about Jesus’ followers:

FACT #3: If there were first-century Jews who converted to Islam at the preaching of Jesus, they didn’t last very long. The idea that Jesus’ earliest followers were Muslims raises an obvious question: Why have we never heard of any Muslims existing in the first century?[/Quote]Before Adam, there was Islam. What is Islam except submission to the Will of Allah The God Worthy of All Worship? Let stick with humanity and start with the first Man and Woman; the erred just one time, and they received forgiveness. In Islam, people erred and seek forgiveness and they are if sincere forgiven by Allah. Surah Imran named other names that muslims are called; surbirin, qashihin, and many others. All prophets are believers, muslims, so much so that Jacob taught his children the religion of Islam, and when he was on death bed he asked them to tell him what religion they will be practicing after; they responded that it will be islam, the religion of their forefathers; Ibrahim, Ismail, Isiaq "One God" without partnership.

Did Jesus called God more than 1 and then worshiped them, his many God[s] or the One God Who sent him?
Below are videos of some Jews making salah as they were told in their book and mentioned in the Quran [prostrate first and then bow; maybe to soften their stiff neck quality and islam is made easy under Muhammad; Allah knows why He made them prostrated first];
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxLF0ILFgw&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aHWASyMjwg&NR=1&feature=fvwp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfvQZ2-SowI

how about the christians? Lets explore the Bibles first;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ_W8UIn2VQ

now look, watch the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GotZChz_suU&feature=related

The orthodox Christians in Lalibela Ethiopia prostrate their faces in Easter prayer. I have the video. but you can do your own research.

A jewish rabbi saying that Islam is the oldest religion. Older than judaism and definitely older than christianity;

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=728478.0;num_replies=3
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 06, 2011
sweetnecta must be seriously confused by the impeccable article. He again seeks to divert attention by making irrelevant, ignorant comments.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Before Adam, there was Islam. What is Islam except submission to the Will of Allah The God Worthy of All Worship?

this is an extremely flimsy excuse. grin The muslim tries to assert that islam started before Adam, but of course he runs into the problem of being unable to explain why there is no such record of islam even when we have records of judaism, ancient egyptian gods, baal, christianity e.t.c. So his excuse is to pretend that islam is simply - submission to the will of allah. But this holds no water . . . does that mean that any idol worshipper who submits himself to the will of his idol god is a muslim?
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 12:37am On Aug 06, 2011
[Quote]We have a great deal of historical information about Jesus’ first-century followers, but we have no evidence at all of any Muslims. Defenders of Islam will most likely claim here that Christianity wiped out all the records of Jesus’ non-Christian followers, but such a view is absurd. We have both Christian and non-Christian sources that report early Christian beliefs, yet none of these sources mention the existence of any Muslim-Christians. At the very least, we can say with absolute certainty that Jesus’ death was well-known among ancient authorities, and that Jesus’ earliest followers—including Peter, James, and John—came to believe that Jesus had died on the cross for their sins and that he had risen from the dead. (We also know that the disciples held Jesus to be the divine Son of God, but this isn’t necessary for my argument.) All four New Testament Gospels confirm the early Christian belief in Jesus’ death and resurrection, as does the book of Acts. Paul’s letters also repeatedly proclaim Jesus’ death and resurrection. Further, an ancient creed recorded in 1 Corinthians 15 has been dated to within a few years of Jesus’ life and therefore provides extremely early testimony about Christian beliefs during the time of the apostles. It reads:

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas [Peter], then to the twelve.[8]

We also have early Christian writings from outside the New Testament that report the beliefs of Jesus’ followers. For instance, Clement of Rome, who was ordained as Bishop of Rome by the Apostle Peter, writes about the apostles’ belief in Jesus’ resurrection from the dead.[9] Polycarp, who was ordained by the Apostle John, mentions Jesus’ resurrection numerous times.[10] There are even several ancient non-Christian sources that report crucial information about Jesus and the apostles. According to both the Jewish historian Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus, Jesus was crucified during the reign of Pontius Pilate.[11] Lucian of Samosata, a Greek satirist, states, “The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day—the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account.”[12] Even the Jewish Talmud reports the crucifixion of Jesus.[13]

Hence, the most reasonable interpretation of the data is that the Qur’an is wrong when it says (1) that Jesus never died and (2) that Jesus’ early followers were Muslims. Nevertheless, let us be generous and grant, in spite of the facts, that there were a number of first-century Muslims, but that all evidence of their existence was later destroyed by Christians. Even if we grant such an outlandish assumption, this still presents Muslims with an enormous problem: What happened to these first-century Muslims? Why was Islam replaced by belief in Jesus’ sacrificial death and resurrection from the dead? Why didn’t Jesus’ 33 years of preaching amount to anything that lasted?

Muslims will most likely respond to these questions by arguing, once again, that Christianity corrupted Jesus’ message and that the Christian church erased all memory of Jesus’ Islamic teachings. However, no true Muslim should accept this position, for it conceals the true Qur’anic account of what happened.[/Quote]The last video posted above is an evidence good enough [and there are others. do your own research], that before Jesus, there was Islam. After all you hear it from the jewish rabbi himself that islam is the oldest, to mean older than Christianity and or Judaism. After all, Jesus himself was not a christian. David Wood didn't pay attention to details there.

if you people wish to believe liars, and then remain gullible for it, no one can help you. At least you heard it and it is your responsibility to get yourself out of false notion and belief.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 12:38am On Aug 06, 2011
if only davidylan can at least research what is posted?

talk is cheap. the rent is very high.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

The last video posted above is an evidence good enough [and there are others. do your own research], that before Jesus, there was Islam. After all you hear it from the jewish rabbi himself that islam is the oldest, to mean older than Christianity and or Judaism. After all, Jesus himself was not a christian. David Wood didn't pay attention to details there.

if you people wish to believe liars, and then remain gullible for it, no one can help you. At least you heard it and it is your responsibility to get yourself out of false notion and belief.

Again more desperate islamic gymnastics.  grin

Myth: before Jesus there was islam
Evidence: Jesus and early jews prayed by bowing themselves to the ground.

ergo - since muslims also pray by bowing to the ground then islam must have existed before early judaism?  shocked grin

This type of ignorant excuse-making suggests that the very idea of bowing in prayer is an EXCLUSIVELY muslim practice . . . but that is not so. In many cultures, men/women are required to bow down in worship of earthly kings . . . does that make them all muslim?

The content of the prayers made by Christ Himself is more evidence He could NOT have been bowing in prayer to any muslim deity.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

But you have not repudiated any of the facts mentioned, instead you are going off on a tangent and I cannot really understand the logic of your posts.

What is funny though, is that you desperately need the bible ( which is corrupt, except the pick and choose verses that suit you, lol ) and Jews ( that Muslims so hate ) to affirm the concept of ISLAM.

Enough said !!

Good night.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 12:55am On Aug 06, 2011
@Davidylan; you need to chill for a minute there. Watch how i approach your boss; David Wood and The All Knowing giving me the Wisdom to shame Mr. Wood. Then you can respond. Thats wisdom, not the gra gra you are displaying.

[Quote]FACT #4: The Qur’an states that Allah deceived people into believing that Jesus had died on the cross. According to the Qur’an, Jesus was able to convert at least some Jews to Islam. But we know from history that Jesus’ early followers became convinced of his death and resurrection. Hence, the obvious reason that there were no Muslims after Jesus ascended into heaven is that all of Jesus’ followers came to believe that he died on the cross and rose from the dead. And where did they get this idea? According to Islam, the idea that Jesus died on the cross was started by Allah:

That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah”—But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, But so it was made To appear to them, And those who differ Therein are full of doubts, With no (certain) knowledge, But only conjecture to follow, For of a surety They killed him not—Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise.[14]

Even if we allow that Allah’s only goal was to deceive the people who wanted to kill Jesus, it is clear that the disciples also fell for Allah’s deception. So who is responsible for the Christian belief that Jesus died on the cross? If Islam is correct, God started this idea when he decided to trick Jesus’ enemies into thinking that they had killed Jesus. This leads to even more problems. If the deception of the disciples was unintentional, then we must conclude that God didn’t realize that he was about to start the largest false religion in the world. If it was intentional, then God is in the business of starting false religions. Therefore, the God of Islam is either dreadfully ignorant or maliciously deceptive.[/Quote]Was any disciple at the "hanging'? Absolutely not; one is a traitor. Another denier. The rest took to the hills far away from the action. Such a people will believe anything afterward. What is telling about Jesus not dying is that he never said to anyone that he died. But we noticed that he was in disguise after leaving the hide out called tomb. He never wanted the killers see him. Why if he had already experience death? How many more after the first that will be a big deal, except if the first never happened?

We have heard of many who had since be thought to have died and came to life. I remember the commentary of Ali after Frazier defeated him; he was saying that he told Buddini, his corner man that he saw many Fraziers. So he was told to hit the one in the middle.

The enemies of Jesus was confounded about the true state of Jesus. So thats your answer, Mr. Wood.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Davidylan; you need to chill for a minute there. Watch how i approach your boss; David Wood and The All Knowing giving me the Wisdom to shame Mr. Wood. Then you can respond. Thats wisdom, not the gra gra you are displaying.
Was any disciple at the "hanging'? Absolutely not; one is a traitor. Another denier. The rest took to the hills far away from the action. Such a people will believe anything afterward. What is telling about Jesus not dying is that he never said to anyone that he died. But we noticed that he was in disguise after leaving the hide out called tomb. He never wanted the killers see him. Why if he had already experience death? How many more after the first that will be a big deal, except if the first never happened?

We have heard of many who had since be thought to have died and came to life. I remember the commentary of Ali after Frazier defeated him; he was saying that he told Buddini, his corner man that he saw many Fraziers. So he was told to hit the one in the middle.

The enemies of Jesus was confounded about the true state of Jesus. So thats your answer, Mr. Wood.

but that is the biblical account and since muslims tell us that the bible is corrupt . . . why dont you provide us the account from the quran? Afterall allah would have recorded such an event no?
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 12:59am On Aug 06, 2011
@Frosbel; « #11 on: Today at 12:49:14 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 12:38:36 AM

But you have not repudiated any of the facts mentioned, instead you are going off on a tangent and I cannot really understand the logic of your posts.

What is funny though, is that you desperately need the bible ( which is corrupt, except the pick and choose verses that suit you, lol ) and Jews ( that Muslims so hate ) to affirm the concept of ISLAM.

Enough said !!

Good night.
[/Quote]I am using the Bible. I have life experience and most of all, Allah gives me wisdom to respond. Others are reading my piece and watching the videos. You are not the only audience, its WWW.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Frosbel; « #11 on: Today at 12:49:14 AM »I am using the Bible. I have life experience and most of all, Allah gives me wisdom to respond. Others are reading my piece and watching the videos. You are not the only audience, its WWW.

why? allah forgot to include details in his quran that you need a "corrupt" book to explain away allah's confused claims?
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 1:03am On Aug 06, 2011
[Quote][b]Muhammad’s position also means that Jesus was the greatest failure in the history of the prophet[/b]s. He spent 33 years preaching (again, he began preaching Islamic theology at birth), yet shortly after his death, the children of Israel were divided into two broad camps. Those who believed his message became Christians, all of whom were guilty of the worst sin imaginable (shirk[15]), while those who rejected his message were guilty of rejecting one of God’s greatest messengers. Thus, whether people believed in Jesus or rejected him, everyone would ultimately be condemned and cast into the hellfire. It’s strange, then, that Muslims consider Jesus to be one of the greatest prophets ever. It seems that he should have been able to win at least one lasting convert to Islam. But he didn’t. Further, a true prophet of Islam should have warned his followers not to turn away from Islam by falling for God’s deception. But Jesus never got that message across. Indeed, millions of people from around the world now refuse to accept Islam because they believe that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, a teaching that goes back to a deceptive God and an incompetent Messiah.[/Quote]The position of Muhammad [as], is that what people assigned to Jesus from the Bibles is completely of their own; everyone of it that speaks about what Islam denies. Thats the truth because no prophet will say "worship me, i am your God The Creator' after the prophet has been given Instruction and a book of knowledge. Why will Jesus be praying to God? Why will Jesus say God is not on earth? Why?
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

The position of Muhammad [as], is that what people assigned to Jesus from the Bibles is completely of their own; everyone of it that speaks about what Islam denies. Thats the truth because no prophet will say "worship me, i am your God The Creator' after the prophet has been given Instruction and a book of knowledge. Why will Jesus be praying to God? Why will Jesus say God is not on earth? Why?

Word salad alert.

internet fallacy 1 - argument from repetitive assertion.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 1:16am On Aug 06, 2011
[Quote]Allah Spreads the False Religion He Accidentally Started

If we follow the teachings of Islam through to their logical conclusion, we see that God either intentionally or unintentionally started Christianity. But the Qur’an doesn’t stop there. Instead of correcting the mess he made, Allah took Christianity to the next level.[/Quote]This is so wrong that it calls for retraction; Christianity was not the religion of Jesus or did he declare himself a christian? How about the Antioch residents?

[Quote]FACT #5: The Qur’an states that Allah helped spread Christianity.[/Quote]can anyone show me the proof. Jeus was said to be a nabi, a muslim, and never once and his disciples addressed as nasara.

[Quote] Once God had caused belief in Jesus death and resurrection, he then worked diligently to aid the Christians in spreading their false message:

O you who believe! be helpers (in the cause) of Allah, as [Jesus] son of Maryam said to (his) disciples: Who are my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the cause) of Allah. So a party of the children of Israel believed and another party disbelieved; then We aided those who believed against their enemy, and they became uppermost.[16][/Quote]was this said after the alleged crucifixion or before? Please see the deception of David Wood in the line that I did not bold. See if it fits the bold.

[Quote]This verse is extremely important, for it means that Allah helped the followers of Jesus against the Jews who rejected Jesus, and that these followers “became uppermost.” So who were these followers of Jesus who became stronger than the Jews? The only people in history who fit such a description are orthodox Christians, who believe in Jesus’ death, resurrection, and divinity. In other words, Muslims can’t claim here that Jesus’ message was corrupted and that the true Gospel was wiped out, because that clearly isn’t the group that the Qur’an refers to in this passage. Even if there was a group of first century Muslim-Christians, this group never gained an upper hand over anyone. Indeed, they must have been snuffed out immediately. The only group of Jesus’ followers that ever became strong enough to overshadow the Jews was composed of Christians, once Christianity had spread throughout the Roman Empire. These Christians believed in the foundational doctrines that Christians hold even today. Yet, according to the Qur’an, Allah helped these people rise to power![/Quote]The bold fail to agree with the un-bold and sequence of event; Allah addressed Jesus and his group. No addressing the group alone, because they are helpers in cause of Allah under a leadership of a prophet, Jesus.

One time the children of Israel were the chosen people; the believers then. Are they the chosen people of today, even after Christianity and before Islam? No.

Today, there is no 'helper' of Jesus remaining except Muslims, who are followers of Muhammad [as] the leader of all prophets [as]. Jesus was a prophet of Allah.

How, then, did Christianity spread and become the dominant world religion? It spread by the power of Allah! And who started the Christian message about Jesus’ death on the cross? God invented this message! Even non-Christian historians are convinced that Jesus’ death is one of history’s best-established facts.[17] Where did historians get this idea? They got it from God, who tricked so many people into believing in Jesus’ death that we now have tons of historical evidence for this event. Since there are roughly two billion Christians on earth at the present moment, it seems that Jesus and God are responsible for starting the only religion in the world that overshadows Islam.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

This is so wrong that it calls for retraction; Christianity was not the religion of Jesus or did he declare himself a christian? How about the Antioch residents?

I always wonder why the muslim is usually more upset at Christ being called a christian . . . grin
Acts 11:26 tells us the disciples were first called "Christians" or "christ-like" in antioch. Jesus could not have declared Himself a "Christian" . . . He was the Christ . . . the label was put on those (disciples) who behaved and spoke like Christ.

Joagbaje:

can anyone show me the proof. Jeus was said to be a nabi, a muslim, and never once and his disciples addressed as nasara.

Hmm no, Jesus was not "said" to be anything outside what the bible and ancient historical documents say He was. The claim that He was a muslim comes only from the historically innacurate and false quran . . . its not a globally recognised claim so the idea that "He was said . . . " is another in the long line of nonsense trotted out by muslims desperately seeking relevance for their falsehood.

Joagbaje:

Today, there is no 'helper' of Jesus remaining except Muslims, who are followers of Muhammad [as] the leader of all prophets [as]. Jesus was a prophet of Allah.

Again we see the desperate need for the muslim to FORCE his religion into the bible while co-opting famous names from jewish history.

Joagbaje:

So allah used his "power" to spread a false religion much more powerful than islam? Allah sef. grin funny guy
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 2:35am On Aug 06, 2011
Let me start off from here on end that if anyone can show me in the Quran that Allah says to the leaderless group that David Wood called the {Christians} after Jesus have been lifted to heaven, I will like to know who Allah made that statement and promise that they will be empowered to. Please show me the verse or verses on the pages of the Quran.

if not, David Wood has lied to the whole world.

[Quote]How, then, did Christianity spread and become the dominant world religion? It spread by the power of Allah! And who started the Christian message about Jesus’ death on the cross? God invented this message! Even non-Christian historians are convinced that Jesus’ death is one of history’s best-established facts.[17] Where did historians get this idea? They got it from God, who tricked so many people into believing in Jesus’ death that we now have tons of historical evidence for this event. Since there are roughly two billion Christians on earth at the present moment, it seems that Jesus and God are responsible for starting the only religion in the world that overshadows Islam.[/Quote]How large is the population of hindus, and other non abrahamic religions? Allah says of Truth "most of mankind refuses/is against it" Most is always more than 50%. I don't know how David Wood is so comfortable arguing contrary to truth? Given, those who fill out forms identifying themselves are christians are more than muslims. But what % truly practice the religion? We are not talking about once a year or so at christmas and easter christians. We are talking about those who follow the tenets of Christianity versus those of Islam?

[Quote]If Islam Is True . . .

Needless to say, I think the Islamic view is extremely problematic. It requires us to believe that God deceived billions of people. God even led Jesus’ followers astray by tricking so many people into believing that Jesus died. This could have been avoided if God hadn’t been so intent on deceiving people. But this leads to more questions: Why would God want people to believe that Jesus was dead when he really wasn’t? Muslims can’t argue that God did it to protect Jesus from the Jews or Romans, since God was taking Jesus away safely anyway. So, why would God want to give Jesus’ enemies the satisfaction of seeing Jesus killed? Why not raise Jesus up without deceiving everyone about it? There seems to be no reason at all for God to deceive these people, especially since such a deception would soon lead to the formation of Christianity.[/Quote]Lets turn to the Bible to help David Wood; Jesus said The Another Comforter will correct people, and if you wish correct the disciples.

My question to Mr. Wood is this, if you accept that the verse was true and it is fulfilled with the disciples, what correction was made? What was the false premise that had to be corrected

Here is my argument, stating that the correction was not made on the disciples because the teaching was still fresh, being of the same generation and the very people who heard Jesus preaching his message. The correction was made many centuries later when the lie had became an established truth. We are arguing it here and all of you are stiff necked about it, though when your professors said dy/dx, you completely accepted it because he gave you explanation that made sense.

Well, the Quran gives very sound statement that even today we hear of many misdiagnosis and the man or woman is alive after declared dead.

if Jesus was a good leader, we would not expect that he led a people that forgot what he said the moment he was lifted to heaven and a ghost had to correct them merely less than 90 days later! What did the ghost even say? I am waiting, Mr. Wood.

][Quote]This is a difficult pill to swallow, yet Islam forces us to view the origin of Christianity in this way. If Islam is true, God deceives people who believe the prophets he sends. If Islam is true, God spreads false teachings until they become dominant in the world. If Islam is true, Jesus, the Messiah, was completely incompetent and should never have been sent by God, since Jesus’ life ended up leading more people astray than any other life in history. Because the Muslim view is at odds with any traditional understanding of God’s nature (including the Islamic understanding), Islam is an incoherent religious system, which should be rejected by all rational people. Islam has a poor and contemptible explanation for the origin of Christianity. If Islam is true, the existence of Christianity makes no sense at all.[/Quote]Instead God deceived those evil doers out to get Jesus because they wanted his soul to be accursed by hanging on the tree [thats Jewish belief and Paul is using it to make you think your responsibility is over]. God has nothing to do with Christianity or Judaism as religion. The spreading of Christianity is the deceit of satan who inspires people to belief that God is not important on the Day of Judgment [read about Jesus and 12 disciples [apostles since worked himself into the equation] judging]. And about Jesus, since he was no more on earth to defend his own record, the zealots and charlatans have usurped this to spread their interest. This same thing happened to Torah, the reason Jesus came to warn as part of his overall message. Muhammad [as] came to do the same. Alhamdulillah. Quran is intact in the original language.

The christians argue their book going to Greek manuscripts as if that was the language of the message of Jesus when he was preaching. Why didn't he say "Theo" on the cross? I wonder why not even Aba?
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 2:54am On Aug 06, 2011
[Quote]If Christianity Is True . . .

Christianity, on the other hand, easily accounts for the rise of Islam. Indeed, if Christianity is true, the rise of Islam makes perfect sense. If it isn’t immediately clear why Christianity entails the rise of religions such as Islam, consider the following line of thought.

If Christianity is true, then the following statements are also true:

(1) People can only come to God through Jesus Christ.[/Quote]If this bold is false, then we must agree that christianity is also false. So lets establish what is meant by people. People will have to be defined as human beings, the modern man. If you have a different definition, please present it. Is this statement true for all people; peoples, past and present and future? No. So Christianity is false.

Who are excluded in this case? How about people; peoples from Adam all the way to before Jesus Jesus said anything about his reason for being on earth? How about Jesus himself saying that he was only sent to the children of Israel and the rest of us are for someone else? How about Jesus saying that he was following the footsteps of earlier prophets? Will these prophets be saved through the man Jesus who followed them? How about the Another Comforter who Jesus said will come after him, speaking only what he hears from God, correcting [and no one corrects truth except falsehood is corrected], leading to all truth? Is this personality going to be saved through Jesus? Whats the deal Mr. David Wood?

[Quote](2) Satan is a real spirit being who wants to keep people from God.[18][/Quote]read my response above and relate it to this opinion of David Wood.

Tomorrow, inchaAllah, i will finish the job. Whoever read this, may Allah help him/her to find the truth. Amin.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 7:04am On Aug 06, 2011
Surah A'raf [chapter 7], ayah [verse] 158 tells the whole position over every prophet, including Jesus son of Mary, who from his own mouth in the Bibles says he was sent as a local messenger prophet to his people; the nations of the children of Israel. Jesus also promised another comforter, a spirit from God, not another or a spirit of God. Here is the verse promised from the Quran about commandment on Muhammad [as], as to his position [pay attention to instruction; he will hear and he will say];

Say, [O Muhammad], "O mankind, indeed I am the Messenger of Allah to you all, [from Him] to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death." So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the unlettered prophet, who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him that you may be guided.

[Quote]With these statements in mind, let’s see if we can figure out a little something about Satan. Now, if Satan wants to keep people from God, and if the way to God is through Jesus Christ, what would Satan’s highest priority be? His main goal wouldn’t be to get people to lead immoral lives (though he would prefer that we do, since this corrupts God’s created order); instead, his primary aim would be to incite people to reject Christ, for this rejection is what keeps them separated from God.[/Quote]This opinion would have been correct if jesus was the only or last prophet sent by God. We know there were many prophets before Jesus and Jesus himself foretold a personality to come after him, which he titled "another comforter".

In support of this view of mine, we see that the Jews themselves were expecting a messiah and that prophet. this expectation made them asked John, son of Zacharias as he began his mission. The Bibles record that they asked John if he was Elijah which he said he wasn't. The asked him if he was the Messiah which he said no, to, also. Ten they asked him if he was that Messenger which he said no to, as well. But when Jesus began his mission, he declared John son of Zacharias as Elijah. He opposed John. So there is a problem here. yet Jesus said John son of Zacharias is the greatest prophet ever raised among the children of israel. is anyone paying attention?

Jesus complicated the whole matter by calling himself a prophet sent by God, later. For any thinking person, one may come to logical conclusion that John is greater than Jesus, who according to the christian baptized when there is no baptism in Judaism. What to do?

We all agreed that Jesus is the messiah. But what about THAT MESSENGER/PROPHET? didn't Jesus prophesied a coming personality or is he correct or there is a problem as in calling John the greatest Prophet when he himself is also a prophet to the children of Israel, calling John Elijah when John said he was not? Let the Bible scholars think about these things.

[Quote]But how would Satan convince people to reject Christ? We should note here that there are plenty of people in the world who simply don’t care about God. Satan doesn’t have to worry about them, because they aren’t interested in salvation anyway. Since his goal is to keep as many people from God as possible, we would expect Satan to be more focused on people who are to some extent concerned with religious matters. There are two ways to keep such people from God. Satan would either have to convince them that all “religious talk” is nonsense (i.e. by spreading secularism, which we see around the world) or he would have to offer them a substitute for the truth (i.e. a religion that rejects what is necessary for salvation).[/Quote]a person who curses satan every time is definitely aware of the deceit of the evil one.  Does God change His Method from time to time, say in OT and in NT? God could not have changed His process and make it more complicated? Salvation in the OT, the christians says it by killing of animals and they thought that was bad enough. Then they say God killed human {Jesus in this case], in the NT for the same goal; Salvation. For any thinking man, which one is worse?

What did Adam and Eve killed to receive salvation? What did Abraham killed to receive his own salvation? What did Moses that God of the Bibles was bent on killing until Moses wife exposed her own hairs and God stopped pursuing Moses [this people of the Bible cheapened God], killed to receive his own salvation? In each case, nothing. The story of Adam and Eve is compelling because it highlights the simplicity of how to receive the Mercy of God; Sincere repentance from your heart. God did not change and we see that today in the Quran.

[Quote]Thus, if Christianity is true, we would expect Satan to inspire religions that reject Christ’s sacrificial death and resurrection, even though these religions may be similar to Christianity in other (non-essential) respects. Now that we have a clear picture of what we would predict if Christianity were true, let us see how Islam matches up with our prediction.[/Quote]And if there was no death of Jesus, Paul said their religion is zero. That statement seems from the face of it a reason to take a second look at the situation of Jesus. Jesus said I will spend 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the earth as a sign. The first thing we should do is to calculate 3 says and 3 nights from when he was taken into the cave and when the cave became empty; from Friday even to sunday early morning. pease give me 3 days and 3 nights from it.

the second thing is to think hard; why was Jesus beginning God to remove the cup off from his head, if this will lead to bringing the sign of being the belly of the earth to the stage? I have no idea why one will make a promise and began to pray for act of God to make the promise not come to pass. Does anyone know? How about you Frosbel? Nuclearboy? Davidylan?

[Quote]The message of Islam is something like this: “Believe in God. Do good deeds. If you do enough of them, you’ll get to heaven.[/Quote]The bold is not the message of Islam. Only a deceit will say it is. The Message of Islam is God is One. Worship Him alone without any partnership. Obey is Commandments. Hope in Him and know that He is in charge of your affairs.Do good deeds as much as you are capable of, and God rewards every deed as He pleases. This is just the essence of the Message of Islam. Indeed all prophets of God.

[Quote] Respect Jesus, for he was a mighty prophet, who delivered God’s message to the children of Israel.[/Quote]Respect all Prophets. Not nly Jesus. Be honest David.

[Quote] Also believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, that he performed many miracles, and that he was the Messiah. But whatever you do, don’t believe that he died on the cross for your sins. And don’t believe that he rose from the dead. In fact, the worst possible sin you can commit is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God.”[/Quote]The worst sin is associating partners with God. This is the worst.

[Quote] Notice that Islam rejects Christianity’s essential requirements for salvation while accepting certain other doctrines.[/Quote]Islam rejects Judaism, too. The Jews say Uzaid [Ezra] is son of God. Proof that Islam is correct in this statement of blasphemy from the Jews is that even jesus said to the Jews "is it not written in your book that you are gods" in one instance. And in another, is it not written that you are children of God? The Lord's prayer that the Bibles say that Jesus taught to his followers who were all jews, the people he was sent to starts with "our father", though it says "The Lord's prayer". is it any wonder when God said to Muhammad [as] that God is not the father of any man but his Creator to ask these people "Why does God punish you [the same way He punishes anyone; muslim for example who accepts being His servant], when you commit sin or crime that deserve clear punishment; eg. illegal sex act? Remember that the Jews wanted to stone a woman who was not married but committed illegal sex act? They didn't bring the man who she committed the sin with. Remember? In islam, such a woman is not to be stoned but whipped 100 lashes if she confesses and not any other way.

[Quote]For instance, Muslims are commanded to believe in God, but even Satan and his demons believe in God. Muslims are commanded to do good deeds, but all religions teach this. Muslims are allowed to believe certain things about Jesus (such as his prophet status and virgin birth), but these beliefs do not save a person. Yet when we come to beliefs that are essential for salvation—the deity of Christ, his death on the cross, and his resurrection from the dead—we find that Islam is violently opposed to these crucial doctrines.[19] Islam, then, looks exactly like the religion we predicted that Satan would form, for it denies what is necessary for people to come to God.[/Quote]These are concepts developed after Jesus was lifted up to heavens by his God. Jesus is not here to correct the wrong. But the Another Comforter came to correct them. Read the Bibles about the duties of the Another Comforter and read the Quran to see it played out. Or Jesus was wrong in his prophetic predictions?

[Quote]There is, of course, an easier way for us to see that Christianity predicts the rise of Islam. We can look at some of the prophecies in the Bible. For example, [b]Jesus said that “Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.”[/b]20] Paul added that some people would follow “deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.”[21] (The phrase “deceitful spirit” is reminiscent of the Qur’anic claim that Allah deceived people about the death of Jesus.) The Bible warns over and over again that false teachers and false prophets would come in order to distort the Gospel. Apparently, few people in Muhammad’s time heeded this warning.[/Quote]This verse is worth a million shot; Did Jesus simply say that only false prophets will arise after him? If it is then there would not have been a need for Jesus to say "Test the spirit and see if it is from God, for many false prophets will arise". What is the test? Two aspects; if the prophet is from God he must carry in him a good spirit and everything he says must come to pass in the time he says it will. In this test, Jesus failed because he said he will return while at least some of the 12 disciples were still alive. We know now that all of them are long dead and Jesus never returned as he said. This is not my worries. But it is a reminder for all of you christians.

The second aspect to know that the prophet is true is 'a prophet who says Jesus is the Messiah [and we know he is the messiah of the children of Israel], he is a true prophet of God". Can any christian, including you David Wood give any other test from the Bible other than these two to proof a prophet wrong or right? We must have to believe that Another Comforter must come. That Prophet must come. Are they not the same or did Jesus promise 2 Prophets or was he also that prophet, which he never affirmed that he was. And we know that he and John disagree about who John was or wasn't.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 8:22am On Aug 06, 2011
Somebody ought to pass the word to David Wood, that there are plenty of videos that says Moses prayed like Muslims, and remnant of that is still with some jews today. Jesus prayed like the Muslims. Some remnant of that is still with some christians, today.

[Quote]Final Thoughts

Throughout history, many people have claimed to be prophets. Indeed, there are many self-proclaimed prophets even today, and there will be more tomorrow. Suppose a prophet arises at some point in the future, one who claims to have a new revelation from God.[22] Both Muslims and Christians would reject him. [/Quote]There is a group called the jews who also have revelation. In fact they have two; Old and New Testament. Though both are corrupted, the Jews rejected the New Testament which you snatch up as yours. You don't have any revelation. You have Paul's letters. that's about it. Think about it before you conclude otherwise.

[Quote]But suppose this prophet says to Muslims, “Brothers, you have believed in the teachings of Muhammad, but I’m here to tell you that Islam was started by God to deceive people.[/Quote]No muslim says that God started Christianity or sanction it. Jesus was a christian. This you must at least admit and know very clearly that no part of Quran says Christianity or Judaism is at any point recognized by God as a religion from Him. If you know such a verse, please show it. I read Quran, daily, in Arabic. So are millions of Muslims. This is the month of ramadhan when everyone who can read Quran reads it. And those who can't struggle to learn it. May Allah help all muslims in this month of great ibadat. Amin,

[Quote] The pagans in Arabia were doing awful things, such as killing their daughters and marrying hundreds of women. God decided to punish them by leading them astray and making all of you believe something that isn’t true.[/Quote]Tell me what is not true in the Quran and give me great evidence as your proof. I don't want confusion for evidence. Show me clear evidence. And there any reason to deceive the pagan arabs but to tell them the truth? Is telling the truth now a deceit? David Wood, you have a problem; You must tell us what the disciple got wrong after Jesus left that the Another Comforter as the fire making them speaking in tongue corrected right there? Is it the speaking in tongue that is the correction? What was the wrong? Please somebody list how the holy ghost fulfilled the role of the another comforter by collating each aspect/function with whatever he did. I am waiting.

[Quote]But I’m here to tell you the truth! I am God’s greatest prophet, sent to rescue you from evil!” Would Muslims believe him? Most certainly wouldn’t. But why would Muslims reject this new prophet? They would reject him because they would refuse to believe that God knowingly deceived millions of people. Yet this is exactly what Muslims believe when it comes to the death of Jesus. So if Muslims believe in a God who deceives people, even those who follow his prophets, how can Muslims be confident that they have been given the truth?[/Quote]Jesus promised somebody to come after him; That Prophet, The Another Comforter. By this, the Bible and definitely Jesus never said no more prophet after him. The Quran is very clear about the end line of prophetic offices; It ends with Muhammad [as]. Allah says Muhammad is the last messenger and the seal of prophethood. We know messengers are higher than prophets, while every messenger is also a prophet, not every prophet is a Messenger. Further Muhammad [as], was the only one sent to all mankind, while Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Jacob; children of Israel. This above is enough to reject anyone who claims prophetic office after Muhammad [as]. You can't use the bible to end prophetic office, when Jesus himself allude to that prophet to still come. And we know that he says the another comforter will do many thing, each Muhammad did. Only human can speak to human. When angel Gabriel appears, he takes human form to speak to human.

[Quote]Muslims boast about their reverence for God and their respect for the prophets. Yet, upon closer examination, we see that Islam accuses God of one of the greatest religious deceptions ever. This should cause us to pause and think for a moment. Why would a religion that prides itself on its view of God proclaim that God starts false religions?[/Quote]Are you not also accusing Judaism, a religion that rejected the book you are parading as God's word, forgetting that your God's word carries OT of the jews, and you clearly reject their religion? Muslims do not accuse God. Do you accuse Jeremiah of accusing God since he said that the 'pen of the scribes corrupted the book[s]"? I don't have a clue why Mr. Wood is unable to process truth, but holding tightly to false premises? I thought americans are smart people? Oh. Its religion we are discussing. Bad hearts can take academics. Only pure hearts take purity of belief.

[Quote]Why would people who claim to respect Jesus suggest that he was a tremendous failure?[/Quote]Can anyone show me the Gospel that Jesus preached in its original text? If we find this, and not the "according to first nae authors", we will see how much Jesus have of Islam.Those who fail here are the Bible writers and those who formulated Christianity. Are there more than One God? Jews say no. Christians say yes by pointing to 3 in Trinity. Is there a son for God? If there is a true son, then there must be a true wife. Who is the wife of God? Is there a need to make lives of man more complicated to receive mercy from God, when He forgave Adam and Eve who sinned before anyone else of their children by their mere sincere repentance from their hearts. Why will God now kill a man and still keep the sin of Adam an Eve on the head of Christians {i don't wanna say mankind because it is the christians that pride themselves in this foolishness}, especially a man who did not want to die? The christians have made Biblical God look bad by being so vindictive.

[Quote] It appears that Islam is so incredibly desperate to destroy Christianity, that it doesn’t mind destroying itself. In other words, Islam can only explain away Jesus’ death and resurrection by making God out to be a deceiver, which destroys the Islamic conception of God. This desperation only makes sense if Christianity is true, and if Islam was designed by Satan to keep people from being saved.[/Quote]God says I deceived those who are intending to deceive. This make their evil effort useless. In the case of Jesus condition; we must ask if a prophet make prayer to God and it is not answered, is it not a test that the prophet is not from God? Will God abandons His prophet and delivers him to the hands of the enemy God and enemy of that prophet? David Wood looks bad from where I am standing.

[Quote]Muslims can object to this all they want. They can continue to proclaim their devotion to God and their respect for his prophets. But there’s something strange about the way they explain Christianity. There’s something very odd about a God who leads the world astray. If Islam is true, God and Jesus are failures. But if Christianity is true, God and Jesus were victorious at the cross, for the door to salvation was opened to all, in spite of those who tried to keep the door shut.[/Quote]God did not lead the world astray. Some people lead themselves astray by going against God and elevating His elect as His partner. Also lying against God that He abandoned His elect. When a prophet prays, his prayer is accepted. Noah prayed for destruction of evil people. Abraham prayed that from him only, from that prayer onward, all prophet must come from him. We have the last of them as Muhammad[as] from the branch of the first son and for 13 years at least the only son of Abraham.

[Quote]Jesus warned his followers that false prophets would come. He also commanded us not to believe them. One of the ways we can spot false prophets is by carefully discerning when their teachings lead to unacceptable beliefs about God. God is Truth, and he is Love. Islam, when carefully examined, would have us believe otherwise.[/Quote]Jesus never said a true will not arise after him. The Jews knew of a true prophet to come after their messiah, that prophet is who they are expecting. The Jews knew that prophet will be in Madina, the reason they were prominent there, thinking that he will come from them. God raised His Messenger Makka and took him to Madina to complete his mission.

For those of you seeking the truth, I ask you to read the life history of Salman Al Farsi [ra], a companion of Muhammad [as]. You will see how he struggled to find guidance and ended up in Madina as a slave of a jew. Salman was a noble man from Persia who seek the truth.

I also encourage you to learn about the Rabbi of Madina; Sayyidina Abdullah AbdulSalaam [ra] who was a companion of Muhammad[a]. Muhammad [as] was the only prophet who was sent to the whole world, having in his lifetime, companions who were european [Shuaib Al Rum [ra]], African [Bilal bin Rabah [ra] the first called of prayers], Asian [Salman Al Farsi [ra]], and of course males and females arabs and non arabs.

Muhammad [as] was commanded to invite the world to Islam and he got up and commissioned letter, stamped with his signet to show his role to world leaders. Calling them to islam that they will be safe by it; from the punishment of God Almighty Who has created hell Fire for the disbelievers. I asked Him, Oh my Creator not to make my abode in it. Save me. Protect me. Me. my whole family, all muslims and those whoare sincere in their effort to worship You. Guide each of us, and let us die on the Right Fitra ; Laaa Ila ha Ilallah.

Men. I can't force you to accept guidance. That include you David Wood.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 06, 2011
Is sweetnecta still talking to himself here? shocked grin

Dude is yet to provide a single evidence from allah's book, still hopping to the bible eh?
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 11:05am On Aug 06, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^
I am hoping that davidylan is not blind? probably playing head deep in the sand, like an ostrich?

When you finally grow up and grow some spine to read, you will see how I rubbish David Wood in his lies and faulty assumptions.

You will further see a very profound verse from Surah A'raf which is telling about who is a messenger to the world and who is a local messenger.

Continue to pretend. Fortunately, the whole world is watching.

If Bible[s] lie, then it should be used against itself.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by nuclearboy(m): 11:21am On Aug 06, 2011
@David:

You Sef get time.

Your adversary has beaten his head against the floor so much his Gray matter has slackened.

Talking "rubbish" is his only succour
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 06, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^
I am hoping that davidylan is not blind? probably playing head deep in the sand, like an ostrich?

When you finally grow up and grow some spine to read, you will see how I rubbish David Wood in his lies and faulty assumptions.

You will further see a very profound verse from Surah A'raf which is telling about who is a messenger to the world and who is a local messenger.

Continue to pretend. Fortunately, the whole world is watching.

If Bible[s] lie, then it should be used against itself.

I am sorry but David Wood beats you twice.

1. He is miles apart from you intellectually , having  converted from atheism to become a true believer in Christ and holding a PHD.

2. He has the Holy Spirit, who provides wisdom that no man can stand against !

What we really want from you my dear friend is pin point logical statements that can be analysed and responded to, not general nonsense that one cannot understand talk less of deciphering.

Wikipedia about David Wood

David Wood is a Christian apologist activist, preacher and professional speaker on comparative religions. Wood is an evangelical missionary who generally engages in debates against muslims or atheists, and also lectures on philosophy. Wood has a Ph.D. in philosophy and biology, and is also a member of the Society of Christian Philosophers. Wood has been in over two dozen public debates with muslims and atheists

David Wood is a former atheist who now challenges and debates atheists such as John W. Loftus, and several muslims; usually in a public hall or in front of a university audience. David Wood was arrested outside Dearborn, Michigan after preaching at an Arab festival and being charged with a misdemeanor of disturbing the peace, but was later acquitted. Wood has witten polemics against atheists such as Richard Carrier which he titled "Good 'n' Senseless Without God: A Critical Review of Richard Carrier's New Book, Sense & Goodness Without God".

Wood was invited on the ABN (TV station) on several shows, in inter-religious discussions against atheism and Islam, where among other things he regularly appears on the Aramaic Broadcasting Network. He has also written journals against the atheist activist Dan Barker whilst a leader of the Acts 17 Apologetics Ministry.

David Wood was also a stern opponent of the proposed ground zero mosque, stating that the mosque is not a tribute to honour the victims families, but rather a symbol of Islamic victory; stating that the Cordoba House was named so in memory of the Islamic cross-continental conquest of the Caliphate of Córdoba. Wood disagreed with pastor Terry Jones attempts in the Quran burning, and compared it to the Uthman Qur'an burning.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by LagosShia: 11:58am On Aug 06, 2011
if the article is called "brillianT" it really shows how foolish many on NL are.

he deems the Muslim interpretation of God as "deceptive" for saving His messenger while he forgets the the many factual implications in accepting that God according to christianity killed his own son.if God saves His messenger from the disbelievers that is legitimate.the writer forgets that with the christian interpretation of God folding his hands and doing nothing while he watches his son to be butchered is indeed disgraceful and incompetent of God based on what christians believe.christianity is actually ascribing lot worse meanings to God and his messenger by accepting the "death" of Jesus.the writer even forgets that historically many early christianis doubted and rejected the theory of Jesus' death.the christian doctrine of atonement was later coined and fashioned and superimposed.

the unbelievers have denied and killed many prophets.that by no means translate that the prophets were weak or incompetent.the illogic of the writer is so obvious:to him if muslim deny that Jesus was killed but rather saved from death,that makes Jesus "incompetent" and God "deceptive" by muslim belief.but if Jesus by christian belief was killed and fictionally resurrected that does not make him and God weak and incompetent nor ridiculous!

lets see what the bible have to say about the alleged death of Jesus and the implication:

1.) SACRIFICING ONE'S SON IS DEEMED AS AN "ABOMINATION",yet christians believe God went against his own law and words and committed an abominable act by killing his own "beloved son"[/b]here is what the bible say about those who sacrifice their sons:

[b]Deuteronomy 12:31

Thou shall not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hates, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.

From the above God considers sacrificing your children as an abomination, yet Christians ascribe that same abomination to God, sacrificing his own “son”!

Deuteronomy 18:9-12

When you enter the land that GOD, your God, is giving you, don't take on the abominable ways of life of the nations there. Don't you dare sacrifice your son or daughter in the fire. Don't practice divination, sorcery, fortunetelling, witchery, casting spells, holding séances, or channeling with the dead. People who do these things are an abomination to GOD. It's because of just such abominable practices that GOD, your God, is driving these nations out before you.

2. CHRISTIANS HAVE ASCRIBED A CURSE ON JESUS,AND BELIEVE IT IS ONLY THROUGH JESUS BECOMING CURSED THAT HUMANITY CAN BE SAVED.IN OTHER WORDS,PEOPLE SHOULD EMBRACE AND BELIEVE IN A CURSE![/B]

[b]Galatians 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of Godwink that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Major Yeats-Brown, in his “Life of a Bengal Lancer”, summarises the Christian Doctrine of the Atonement in just a single sentence:

“NO HEATHEN TRIBE HAS CONCEIVED SO GROTESQUE AN IDEA, INVOLVING AS IT DOES THE ASSUMPTION, THAT MAN WAS BORN WITH A HEREDITARY STAIN UPON HIM: AND THAT THIS STAIN (FOR WHICH HE WAS NOT PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE) WAS TO BE ATONED FOR: AND THAT THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS HAD TO SACRIFICE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO NEUTRALISE THIS MYSTERIOUS CURSE.”

read more:

"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice":

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Sweetnecta: 12:13pm On Aug 06, 2011
^^^^^^^^^Jazakallahu Khair. May Allah make your destination that of the righteous. Amin.

Ramadhan Karim alaykum.
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by nuclearboy(m): 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2011
^^

Goat "A" praying for goat "B". When wlil both of you not end up inside a soup pot? And if you escape that, is it not because allah destined you goats to be killed by a car?

Fact - allah will burn you in fire so thoroughly that its only the "koko" on your heads that
Angels will use to know you. How you will handle virgins after burning to "koko", I wonder

Fact -

1. If Jesus was sent by allah as according to your book, then either allah succeeded in being such a deceiver that he shot himself in the foot OR he is such a failure that his plans went astray.

2. On the other hand, if the Bible is true, there was a victory at Calvary and your beliefs and trusts are deluded

Choose which one is true
Re: Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah ? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2011
LagosShia:

if the article is called "brillianT" it really shows how foolish many on NL are.

he deems the Muslim interpretation of God as "deceptive" for saving His messenger while he forgets the the many factual implications in accepting that God according to christianity killed his own son.if God saves His messenger from the disbelievers that is legitimate.the writer forgets that with the christian interpretation of God folding his hands and doing nothing while he watches his son to be butchered is indeed disgraceful and incompetent of God based on what christians believe.christianity is actually ascribing lot worse meanings to God and his messenger by accepting the "death" of Jesus.the writer even forgets that historically many early christianis doubted and rejected the theory of Jesus' death.the christian doctrine of atonement was later coined and fashioned and superimposed.

the unbelievers have denied and killed many prophets.that by no means translate that the prophets were weak or incompetent.the illogic of the writer is so obvious:to him if muslim deny that Jesus was killed but rather saved from death,that makes Jesus "incompetent" by muslim belief.but if Jesus was actually killed and fictionally resurrected that does not make him weak and incompetent nor ridiculous!

lets see what the bible have to say about the alleged death of Jesus and the implication:

1.) SACRIFICING ONE'S SON IS DEEMED AS AN "ABOMINATION",yet christians believe God went against his own law and words and committed an abominable act by killing his own "beloved son"[/b]here is what the bible say about those who sacrifice their sons:

[b]Deuteronomy 12:31

Thou shall not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hates, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.

From the above God considers sacrificing your children as an abomination, yet Christians ascribe that same abomination to God, sacrificing his own “son”!

Deuteronomy 18:9-12

When you enter the land that GOD, your God, is giving you, don't take on the abominable ways of life of the nations there. Don't you dare sacrifice your son or daughter in the fire. Don't practice divination, sorcery, fortunetelling, witchery, casting spells, holding séances, or channeling with the dead. People who do these things are an abomination to GOD. It's because of just such abominable practices that GOD, your God, is driving these nations out before you.

2. CHRISTIANS HAVE ASCRIBED A CURSE ON JESUS,AND BELIEVE IT IS ONLY THROUGH JESUS BECOMING CURSED THAT HUMANITY CAN BE SAVED.IN OTHER WORDS,PEOPLE SHOULD EMBRACE AND BELIEVE IN A CURSE![/B]

[b]Galatians 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shall in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of Godwink that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Major Yeats-Brown, in his “Life of a Bengal Lancer”, summarises the Christian Doctrine of the Atonement in just a single sentence:

“NO HEATHEN TRIBE HAS CONCEIVED SO GROTESQUE AN IDEA, INVOLVING AS IT DOES THE ASSUMPTION, THAT MAN WAS BORN WITH A HEREDITARY STAIN UPON HIM: AND THAT THIS STAIN (FOR WHICH HE WAS NOT PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE) WAS TO BE ATONED FOR: AND THAT THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS HAD TO SACRIFICE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO NEUTRALISE THIS MYSTERIOUS CURSE.”

read more:

"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice":

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html

"And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,in whose case the god of this world ( SATAN )  has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ( Muslims included ) so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God " - 2 Corinthians 4: 3-4

You keep exposing your ignorance of the word of GOD , reading the letter that provides no life and ignoring the spirit of the word.

"He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life." - 2 Corinthians 3:6

"But the eyes ( Mind of understanding ) of the wicked shall fail, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giving up of the ghost." - Job 11:20

Just to show how TRUE the Christian faith is, and what a personal relationship with GOD it is, without God's Spirit you will keep groping in darkness till you come to the light through the Spirit of GOD's revelation.

But the Quran is just another story book that anyone can read and understand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Faith Works And Dead Works / The CallED, The SanctifiED And The PreservED - An Exposition On Jude Verse One. / HORRIFIC DECLINATION OF TRIBAL RELIGIONS ! (Africa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 257
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.