Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? (2209 Views)

Aren't There Any C++ Devs On This Section Or Programmers That Do Complex Stuff? / So There Are Devs That Earn Up To 30k USD. / Hi Devs, See What I Won (New Survey) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by ojuwura(f): 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2021
BlackSan:

Hello
I hope you don't mind having a female programmer as a friend? The whole essence is helping ourselves. I would also love male friends, that is, if they don't mind.

Yea sure why not? We can hook up on whatsapp. I just sent a message
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by ojuwura(f): 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2021
[quote author=airsaylongcome post=106780161]

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
arantess:

You don't have to be bored to ask such questions...

Recently there was a study in India, asking same question but in data science field
Where the researchers bored? According to you maybe

They came up with very interesting insights as to why though (gender pay gap, poor career growth for women, male-dominated office culture, lack of access to mentors, and gender bias in recruiting)...you see what they found out?

The man asked a very good question
Unless you plan to do something useful with the data, you’re just a bored guy trying to hook up with ladies over a shared line of work.

3 Likes

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2021
Rgade:

Unless you plan to do something useful with the data, you’re just a bored guy trying to hook up with ladies over a shared line of work.
Exactly.. The guy is just a Hot hegoat.

People like that don't usually go far in this field.

4 Likes

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 16, 2021
McProspero:
grin grin just to catch cruise bro..... No hard feelings
Abeggi
Which cruise
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kellzzyy:

cry
Its okay.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kellzzyy:

Hot He goat? You termed it Hot which means you are involved in that. Pls to be sincere I just think girls in this sphere would assist. You always have the option to be Dev bachelor
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by islamics(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I will never understand our society. We LOVE wahala too much. Maybe for bragging rights. If not why on earth will someone who wants to delve into Data Science be wasting their time learning HTML and CSS? What does a Data Scientist need all that "nonsense" for?

Perhaps the guy wan use HTML/css chop before jumping to data science.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by airsaylongcome: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
islamics:

Perhaps the guy wan use HTML/css chop before jumping to data science.

I will never get it. The time they fritter away learning HTML can be better spent on R or Python en route a career in Data Science. Time is of essence
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2021
ojuwura:

Where? I didn't see it.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by islamics(m): 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2021
airsaylongcome:

I will never get it. The time they fritter away learning HTML can be better spent on R or Python en route a career in Data Science. Time is of essence
I remember when I started with Android development and a guy was like, I need to learn JS, me was like I am doing native Android why do I need JS. He said I will need it in anything. Stubborn me still never learn JS sha.
So I feel, some go the route of HTML/CSS cos of the less computing resources required. It is why even me con enter web as my system con dey frustrate me with Gradle building and I never get the resources to upgrade.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by airsaylongcome: 6:56pm On Oct 16, 2021
islamics:

I remember when I started with Android development and a guy was like, I need to learn JS, me was like I am doing native Android why do I need JS. He said I will need it in anything. Stubborn me still never learn JS sha.
So I feel, some go the route of HTML/CSS cos of the less computing resources required. It is why even me con enter web as my system con dey frustrate me with Gradle building and I never get the resources to upgrade.

I agree that "ease of entry" na hin dey cause am. But with Data Science and Analytics, the required tools na one off download mostly. Excel, R, Python, Tableau, Power Bi are all one off downloads mostly

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
McProspero:

Hot He goat? You termed it Hot which means you are involved in that. Pls to be sincere I just think girls in this sphere would assist. You always have the option to be Dev bachelor
Lol..
Na just how I dey see am..

Sha do you thing.. E no bad
But as a sharp guy I know where you dey actually go grin
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kellzzyy:

Lol..
Na just how I dey see am..

Sha do you thing.. E no bad
But as a sharp guy I know where you dey actually go grin

I am not romantic...
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by bastardson: 11:52am On Oct 25, 2021
ojuwura:

Are you into Python?
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by doyindtechbabe: 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2021
McProspero:

Not to over hype things, I haven't seen any female Programmer or techy babe on Nairaland , Am a front end Dev learning Java for mobile development , and I've been here for quite since 2014,(lost my password and username for that account). But Programming with Dudes can be boring , Party no make sense if girls nor dey. Honestly Girls should consider learning programming to contribute to the I.t world. I want to rest the case here , but let me ask cc: seun , when last did you show you care for us Devs On this section of the forum. When next is the Development Comp!?

I am a female and also a programmer tho still learning (full stack)
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by doyindtechbabe: 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
Sheriman:

I am here!! I'm also longing to meet a female programmer like you. I am an Android developer, I write in Kotlin. So what about yours?

Hello please can I also meet up with you people?
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Sheriman(m): 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
doyindtechbabe:

Hello please can I also meet up with you people?
I should have type my phone number here but they will banned me.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by InfinityFabric: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
mrfizy:
Sadly, where there is no affirmative action,women are scarcely found in such areas.
More like affirmative discrimination. Even with all that they're still not doing it as much men. Perhaps when a lot of females starts raking up a lot of testosterone, there will be more of them.

There's a reason why they don't do STEM nor succeed as much men. Forcing them will just waste more funds. James Damore died for this
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Xinjin: 11:09am On Oct 29, 2021
BlackSan:

I understand your point, although I am currently focused on web dev but I have my reasons. Besides, some of the skills in web dev will be required in Data science but thank you so much for the advice.
I'm also a Data Analyst and a fullstack developer(still learning), you could take up Python as your backend if you like data science. But they are two different field.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 11:29am On Oct 29, 2021
Xinjin:
I'm also a Data Analyst and a fullstack developer(still learning), you could take up Python as your backend if you like data science. But they are two different field.

I thought about what airsaylong said and I decided to fully focus on Data science. Well yunno one never stops learning in the Tech industry, I don't want to waste my time anymore.
I'm currently learning python, though I'm quite familiar with the fundamentals, functions and methods but I intend to stay on python until I'm able to create personal projects.
So you are working as a Data analyst and a developer? I don't get it.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Xinjin: 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2021
BlackSan:

I thought about what airsaylong said and I decided to fully focus on Data science. Well yunno one never stops learning in the Tech industry, I don't want to waste my time anymore.
I'm currently learning python, though I'm quite familiar with the fundamentals, functions and methods but I intend to stay on python until I'm able to create personal projects.
No I switch from data science. I personally think there is more opportunity in web dev.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by tosinhtml: 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2021
BlackSan:

I don't know who is advising you but your love for a particular field alone doesn't justify you going to that field. You have to make sure there are also opportunities before you choose where to focus.

Have you ever browsed LinkedIn jobs or any where and you saw influx of Data science jobs? Or is it sand that you want to be eating after learning data science? Have you ever asked yourself why and how do companies recruit for data science roles?

This is the same reason people choose foolish courses in the University like Sociology or Biz Admin because they like it or their friends told them to do it without any research from their own end.

You will finish learning this data science now and start crying all over NL for jobs. You berra use your head.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
tosinhtml:

I don't know who is advising you but your love for a particular field alone doesn't justify you going to that field. You have to make sure there are also opportunities before you choose where to focus.

Have you ever browsed LinkedIn jobs or any where and you saw influx of Data science jobs? Or is it sand that you want to be eating after learning data science? Have you ever asked yourself why and how do companies recruit for data science roles?

This is the same reason people choose foolish courses in the University like Sociology or Biz Admin because they like it or their friends told them to do it without any research from their own end.

You will finish learning this data science now and start crying all over NL for jobs. You berra use your head.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Xinjin: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2021
tosinhtml:

lol you sound too harsh though
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by tosinhtml: 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
Xinjin:
lol you sound too harsh though

I apologise if i sounded harsh.

1 Like

Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2021
Xinjin:

No I switch from data science. I personally think there is more opportunity in web dev.

Oh... wow
Okay.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
tosinhtml:

Correction! I will not cry!
Perhaps you are outdated on job opportunities and the roles of Data scientist but I will not argue with you further. Not because you are correct in your assumptions but because it is of no use.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by tosinhtml: 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
BlackSan:

Correction! I will not cry!
Perhaps you are outdated on job opportunities and the roles of Data scientist but I will not argue with you further. Not because you are correct in your assumptions but because it is of no use.

Okay
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by Raalsalghul: 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2021
BlackSan:

Why don't you start with Data Analysis?

Learn your Excel, SQL and PowerBI/Tableau first, then decide if you want to pick up python later.
Re: Do We Have Female Devs On Nairaland? by BlackSan: 12:18am On Oct 30, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Why don't you start with Data Analysis?

Learn your Excel, SQL and PowerBI/Tableau first, then decide if you want to pick up python later.

I already know the basics of python though I am currently learning excel and python together. But thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Online C++ Compiler / Php Mailers, Webmails, Smtps For Sell Or Buy, Other Working Tools Here / Would I Go To Hell For Being A Python Programmer???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.