Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" (13844 Views)

Koeman Blasts Barca: You Let Messi Go, Signed Ferran Torres For £45m / Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down / "Barcelona Preparing For Life After Lionel Messi" - President Bartomeu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by KillingIsFun: 3:47pm On Oct 15, 2021
Josep Maria Bartomeu's time as Barcelona president ended in disgrace, but that hasn't stopped him from stepping forward to criticise Joan Laporta's time at the club so far.

Following Lionel Messi's exit over the summer, Bartomeu has been left unimpressed with Laporta's work in the job, this despite Bartomeu's presence at the club almost driving Messi out a year earlier.

"They let Messi leave and that seems like a bad decision to me," Bartomeu said, speaking to Sport, Mundo Deportivo and others.

"Playing without Messi shows that a lot of things have to change.

"As president, I didn't want Messi to leave and I did everything I could to prevent it from happening."

Defending his board and Koeman
Bartomeu continued, offering a defence of his much criticised board, who have continued to face blame for the club's current financial state.

"I'm not afraid," Bartomeu said. "Nobody from my board put their hand into the till. You can't hide that, and after so many months we would have known by now.

"Nothing came out in the audit nor when they did their due diligence. They can do whatever they want."

The former president was the man who appointed Ronald Koeman as coach, and he believes the Dutchman is still the right man for the job.

"He's prepared," Bartomeu said. "You have to be patient to allow him to build a team without the best player in the world.

"I think the squad have a lot of talent, especially young talent."

Barcelona - English

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/10/15/6169447046163fe4a88b457f.html

1 Share

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by unbitchable(m): 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2021
Months after Messi had left Spain, he is still making headline in the Spanish media people can't just keep his name out of their lips. The old fraud left Juve and it was as if he never existed.

100 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Great100000: 6:10am On Oct 16, 2021
He be like say this Man no well at all, after you destroyed Barca with questionable policies and outrageous fees you overpaid for certain players you still have mind to talk....

I am a Chelsea fan, but this Man will go down as the worst Barcelona President.

Barca are in huge debts because of him and he still has the guts to speak and critisize Laporta.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:47am On Oct 16, 2021
This 1DIOT should shut up..

After destroying Barca during his wasteful,clueless reign..

He still has the guts to be talking?

Shameless Pig. angry

10 Likes

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Sonnobax15(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2021
lipsrsealed
Abeggy make I hear word jorrh....Where Messi go so,how many goals he don even score? lipsrsealed. And how many assists he don even provide too? lipsrsealed

16 Likes

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Optimistguy1969: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2021
Na una lose oooooo
Hææææ

4 Likes

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Johnnoah1st: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2021
I have 10years Facebook available 4sale
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Mapgan: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
This 1DIOT should shut up..

After destroying Barca during his wasteful,clueless reign..

He still has the guts to be talking?

Shameless Pig. angry
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Julianaa: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2021
He was a burden

Everyone player will retire one day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by gurunlocker: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2021
Werey president! Dishing out big money to average players

3 Likes

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Lugianostar(m): 8:29am On Oct 16, 2021
If wishes were beads of roses.....?
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Elock1: 8:29am On Oct 16, 2021
angry
Oga Bartholomew
Your time has expired Jare.

So you mean to say you would have kept a full grown man like Messi against his wish.

As barca no come get money, shebi u for dy pay am from your pocket?

How much u get sef?

3 Likes

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by hilltop007(m): 8:29am On Oct 16, 2021
It's good Messi left.

Please contact me for your professional website design and development. My portfolio website is on my signature. Thanks.
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:29am On Oct 16, 2021
Okay
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by handsomeyinka(m): 8:29am On Oct 16, 2021
Mumu Talk....
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Taiwojon(m): 8:30am On Oct 16, 2021
Messi debate again

Away
From Messi of psg.

Come take mercy at the feet of Jesus.
The lover of your soul.

Jesus is the answer to your problem.

Jesus saves

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Flexherbal(m): 8:30am On Oct 16, 2021
Sometimes, you need to test other waters.
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Hasnowo: 8:30am On Oct 16, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by emmabest2000(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2021
Messi after seeing this news

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by brosom(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2021
unbitchable:
Months after Messi had left Spain, he is still making headline in the Spanish media people can't just keep his name out of their lips. The old fraud left Juve and it was as if he never existed.
u be mumu, was Juv his parent club?

Didn't u see how Man u respect and worships him even after his return?

This isn't an argument..

22 Likes

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by tradepunter: 8:31am On Oct 16, 2021
Hmm ok
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by yanabasee2: 8:31am On Oct 16, 2021
It was true after all...... Messi will never survive or do better outside Barcelona....

Currently, he's a mess and feels stupid and falling out of place...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by NakwansaPolice: 8:31am On Oct 16, 2021
na this man kill Barcelona

2 Likes

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by saddler: 8:31am On Oct 16, 2021
kiss
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Godada(m): 8:32am On Oct 16, 2021

This same man that Messi was visibly happy he lost and on whose watch Messi almost forced an exit.

Yeah, he is right, he didn't let Messi go then, but he made several terrible policies that sunk the ship
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:32am On Oct 16, 2021
Nigerian politicians are useless..

All of them

#UselessPoliticians
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by WonderManly(m): 8:32am On Oct 16, 2021

Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Matheusmartin: 8:33am On Oct 16, 2021
Very useless somebody.
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by Guadiol104(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2021
With Messi or without Messi.only thing I know is that there dominance is over undecided undecided undecided
Re: Bartomeu: "I Would Never Have Let Messi Go If I Was Still President" by toffyz(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2021
All these club presidents are like politicians
Fake promises every time
I could remember this present Barca president Laporta once said that during his bids for the president seat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu Rangers Vs Salitas: CAF Confederations Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd February 2019 / Super Eagles Captain Mikel Obi Rules Out Retirement From National Team / Super Eagles Boycott Training Over Unpaid Appearance Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.