Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,581 members, 7,958,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

"Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit (18577 Views)

Politics Without Bitterness As Ganduje And Dawisu's Convoys Greet Each Other. / Dawisu To Akeredolu: A Northerner Still Won Despite Your Noise / Ganduje's Ex-Aide, Dawisu 'Relocates' From Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by Sheuns(m): 6:43am On Oct 16, 2021
Some saying Segalink was against endsars, that’s not true. He was never against endsars, he only cautioned against over dragging it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by suffering: 6:48am On Oct 16, 2021
Iknowt:
Hi good people of nairaland
Please have mercy on me I truly need your help . I am Celestine from awgu,LgA . Enugu State
this is what I have been going through for the past 13 yrs,how I wish my spinal chord injury didn't affect my upper limps I would have been more independent on my own but right now I depends on people for some task.like disposal of my urine and poo I do on bed and other stuf.

Having persistent pains and pressure sore and spasm, there was no form of treatment for me.
Providing our daily needs has been proving very difficulty for us.the suffering my mother is passing through saddened my soul . she is a BP and diabetic patient for long
Please come to our aid I need your financial help to enable me go for medical. no matter how little it help us get medication and food and other basic nessesary health care need s
This video below is how I used to come down from the mountain side I stayed all this year indoor . whenever there is emergency or need for me to go out
For confirmation of my condition and other details you can reach me on the phone no on the picture

Location; Nkpor Anambra State.i am available for physical verifications thanks.

Please also beware of my the criminal Anthony okeke using my old video that I didn't mention my name to be scam unsuspecting people.
Trackstar
Mrbanner
Suffering
I don't hid myself.may Almighty God In Heaven never forgive me if I am not the person on those pictures and videos or if I lied about my condition.may God send this my condition back to he that is imperlsonating on this forum which ever moniker he is hiding may God pay back in full.
If your plight was real you won’t open a new account daily. Scammer.

3 Likes

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by SmartPolician: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Irrespective of the outcome of the summit, Buhari will not end well

Be calming down because you are not God.

BTW, I don't know why anyone would complain about Falz. If not for Falz and Runtwon, there wouldn't have been #ENDSARS protest in the first place.

Yes, those two continued with the protest when the police threatened Naira Marley. Later, everyone joined them and it grew out of proportion.
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by King44(m): 6:51am On Oct 16, 2021
naptu2:
Some activists, protesters and opposition figures have complained about the fact that Salihu Tanko Yakasai, popularly known as Dawisu or Peacock, has been listed as a speaker at the Soro Soke Summit, an event that has been put together to mark the first anniversary of the End SARS protests.

Salihu Tanko Yakasai is a son of former politician and elder statesman, Tanko Yakasai, who was active in the politics of the First Republic, served as a commissioner in the military government of Kano State in the 1970s and was special adviser on National Assembly affairs to President Shehu Shagari.

The younger Yakasai (Dawisu) was until recently a special adviser on media to Kano State governor, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje. He was suspended from office last year for criticising President Muhammadu Buhari's handling of the End SARS protests. He was reinstated a few days later, but he was eventually dismissed and arrested by the DSS in February this year for once again criticising President Buhari over the security situation in Northern Nigeria (this was after some school children were kidnapped by bandits).

The activists believe that Dawisu should not be allowed to speak at the event because he spoke on behalf of the government until very recently. They believe that it will set a bad precedent if someone who was on the side of the government so recently, is given a platform and validated by opposition figures. The complaints were so much that the name "Dawisu" trended on Nigerian Twitter yesterday night and this morning. Here are screenshots of their reactions.
Let home have a voice

Since he is only there to speak. Although been a politician is a red flag. Na only talk e want talk. We can only kick him out only if he is being used to push an a gender that is contrary to the movement.

Besides, he is not part of the movement he is a concerned citizen who has earned that spot after speaking the truth to the authority, as we know those mofos hate the truth.

He shouldn't be compared with Segalinz that one is Judas, he is ready to sell out if his ego is not massaged or given credit for what each and everyone fought for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by infogeneral: 6:53am On Oct 16, 2021
Some smart people are cashing out big on the #endsars matters while some gullible folks are just doing follow follow. And when things get out of hand, the smart ones disappear and the gullible followers take the pellets.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by ddippset(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Irrespective of the outcome of the summit, Buhari will not end well
Lol

Since 2015 he will not end well

Its 6 years on and The man is 70 something years old maybe 80 something..

When will he not end well
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by King44(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2021
Sheuns:
Some saying Segalink was against endsars, that’s not true. He was never against endsars, he only cautioned against over dragging it.
it didn't end there, he was expecting people to give him credit and because he was not getting it he intended sabotaging the movement. At he point when it grew even bigger than what he cautioned, he took the back exit.

Same as others that I won't like to mention their names.

He should have played his part and leave the rest for God to handle without letting is ego come in between. If his effort was noticed fine and if it wasn't it's also fine but heck no.

That was why I I followed him and dislike him.

2 Likes

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by ddippset(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2021
Sheuns:
There are actually a lot of people especially those who are never in the streets but always online; that have the mentality that if you haven't abused the President, burnt tyres, blocked the highways and traffic movement,
Then it's not yet a protest..

The irony is that those people lever leave their keyboards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by rahztafari(m): 7:15am On Oct 16, 2021
Youths that are largely unintelligent. They will all be okay. This was how the small parties that merged in 2019 scattered. Everyone wants to say something. Everyone is smart. Everyone wants a piece at a the table. No one wants to listen to the facts.

The Nigerian mentality is so irritating. If they don't want Falz, Dawisu, or Sega, wat do they want? When will they start agreeing on something? Las Las all of them have their separate masters controlling them from different angles. Na still politicians they control d whole thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by cardoctor(m): 7:29am On Oct 16, 2021
sadaka. The peacock
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by J2381: 7:32am On Oct 16, 2021
Of course, this is the only thing they know how to do, make things trend and complain on social media.

Ask these people to come out and vote out these incompetent politicians, and they sit at home and complain on social media again.

If truly they believe their vote doesn't count, then why do politicians do everything in their power to rig election and even bribe voters with 500/1000 Naira note or with 1 derica of rice or even a pack of small Indomie.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by texazzpete(m): 7:33am On Oct 16, 2021
helinues:
grin

The Soro Some crews that their voice don crack.

Where were they during the bye senatorial election in Lagos state that recorded lowest turn out?

What does that have to do with a nationwide movement against police brutality?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by TemmyT002(m): 7:33am On Oct 16, 2021
All these complainers would prefer Wizkid or a BBN celebrity to be on the list. People are making progress, you are still complaining. Why not let's hear what they have to say first.
Again, there is no hope for Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by texazzpete(m): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2021
Sheuns:

My guy, there is no honor in lying. This thing happened just last year.

The same man that called the movement an 'insurrection' and urged the Nigerian state to deal with the protesters is the one you're shilling for?

TemmyT002:
All these complainers would prefer Wizkid or a BBN celebrity to be on the list. People are making progress, you are still complaining. Why not Keats hear what they have to say first.
Agsin, there is no hope for Nigeria

How would there be hope when people like you jump in to dismiss valid criticism?
Nobody even wants wizkid or Davido or whatever. They just don't want people who were so openly hostile to the protests to now come out and speak at commemorative events.

Just like inviting AlQaeda to speak at 9/11 anniversary events.

J2381:
Of course, this is the only thing they know how to do, make things trend and complain on social media.

Ask these people to come out and vote out these incompetent politicians, and they sit at home and complain on social media again.

If truly they believe their vote doesn't count, then why do politicians do everything in their power to rig election and even bribe voters with 500/1000 Naira note or with 1 derica of rice or even a pack of small Indomie.

Aside from the fact that voter apathy and vote buying is just as prevalent in older age groups who aren't even on social media, why are you making this irrelevant point about voter turnout when the conversation is about police brutality? How is this relevant?

2 Likes

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by kjhova(m): 7:39am On Oct 16, 2021
Half the people you call "activists" aren't activist but just online ranters with a platform. More than half the people you call "youth" aren't young people as they are well past their forties!

Smart alecs like Rinu, DJ Switch, Falz, Opal Tometi, Aisha Yesufu etc used the End Sars hashtag as launchpad to bigger things while so many young people are being misled to get shot for no reason disturbing the peace of the nation.

Additionally, this ultra-judgemental non-inclusion is the very reason youth takeover of Nigeria remains a pipe-dream. In their woke cancel culture, they will keep leveling at their lowest common multiples.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by J2381: 7:46am On Oct 16, 2021
texazzpete:

Aside from the fact that voter apathy and vote buying is just as prevalent in older age groups who aren't even on social media, why are you making this irrelevant point about voter turnout when the conversation is about police brutality? How is this relevant?
The point is simple for those with eyes to read and digest.

Elections are won at the polling unit, not social media. This Soro Soke summit will be just what it is, another noise making summit.

They want to hold the summit, to what end if I may ask? So my simple friend, the point is relevant because police brutality will stop when you elect a leader who knows what being a leader is all about.

The bolded is what I'm saying though. Other than making noise on social media they should come out and vote.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by Newton85: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2021
Lol, every dubious character in this country who happens to criticize the government in power because their own candidate didn't win an election suddenly becomes an "activist". Both the Buhari attack dog, Segafraud and the so-called "activists" complaining about their conclusion are just a bunch of opportunistic charlatans. To hell with all of them!
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by fatymore(f): 7:59am On Oct 16, 2021
What's the issue with Dawisu being on the speaker list? There are so many people in government that know things are not right and yet they are not talking. At least he is brave enough, a northerner for that matter taking against this current government.

It isn't about him talking sha but because of where he is from. My observation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by fatymore(f): 8:01am On Oct 16, 2021
Borderland:
Get Hd movies in a 500gb,1tb external hard drive filled to capacity with different genres of movies. Including recent movies like Squid game,money heist,free guy etc
Call or whatsapp: ∅.8.1.5.3.7.8.3.1.∅.6

How much?
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2021
helinues:

So you dey also wail on weekends?

Wailing don become una daily chores

Chai

Are you truly happy about the state of this country?
Economy:0
Security:0
Health:0
Education:0
The only area your tyrant mentor is trying a little bit is infrastructure.
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by tempest01(m): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2021
Sheuns:

You probably did not follow the events or you do not now how to think for yourself then.

1 Like

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by byteem: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2021
Even elnd Sars aura has been hijacked .. wooo clap for your selves .. heediots
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by Theunbothered: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2021
texazzpete:

My guy, there is no honor in lying. This thing happened just last year.

The same man that called the movement an 'insurrection' and urged the Nigerian state to deal with the protesters is the one you're shilling for?

How would there be hope when people like you jump in to dismiss valid criticism?
Nobody even wants wizkid or Davido or whatever. They just don't want people who were so openly hostile to the protests to now come out and speak at commemorative events.

Just like inviting AlQaeda to speak at 9/11 anniversary events.

There are many wereys disguising as concerned individuals on this forum who want to derail what's going on.
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by OmoAlphonso101: 9:09am On Oct 16, 2021
They should remove that idiot segalink because his not in a right mind of health at all

1 Like

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by pacespot(m): 10:02am On Oct 16, 2021
Now that governments have barred all the entry to EndSARS anniversary, which other locations do they have in mind for the event?
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by naptu2: 10:04am On Oct 16, 2021
pacespot:
Now that governments have barred all the entry to EndSARS anniversary, which other locations do they have in mind for the event?

naptu2:
The event was scheduled to hold at Landmark Event Centre, but the owners of the centre have revoked permission for the event to go ahead there. The event will now take place online.

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by naptu2: 12:24pm On Oct 16, 2021

1 Share

Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by CSTR2: 12:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
rahztafari:
Youths that are largely unintelligent. They will all be okay. This was how the small parties that merged in 2019 scattered. Everyone wants to say something. Everyone is smart. Everyone wants a piece at a the table. No one wants to listen to the facts.

The Nigerian mentality is so irritating. If they don't want Falz, Dawisu, or Sega, wat do they want? When will they start agreeing on something? Las Las all of them have their separate masters controlling them from different angles. Na still politicians they control d whole thing.
It means integrity matters.

These generation is not your fore fathers generation that compromise because of status or money.

There are lots of good people that can do better than those three.

If you lose your reputation, you should hide your face.
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by CSTR2: 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
Segalink voted for the disbandment of the end sars judicial inquiry in Lagos.

How the fuccckkk is he qualified to now speak?

Make it make sense.
Re: "Activists" Complain As Dawisu Is Listed As A Speaker At 'Soro Soke' Summit by rahztafari(m): 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2021
CSTR2:

It means integrity matters.

These generation is not your fore fathers generation that compromise because of status or money.

There are lots of good people that can do better than those three.

If you lose your reputation, you should hide your face.

You should be able to make ur points without direct insult bro. Atleast I didn't refer to you directly wen posting.

Na wetin we dey talk about be dz. You can run along now anyways. Just try dey do better next time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Major General Duru Is Alive And Well - Police / Julius Berger To Build Second Niger-Bridge / Appeal Court Restores David Lyon As Bayelsa APC Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.