Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos (52024 Views)

Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) / Jackie Appiah Celebrates Her 35th Birthday With Market Women / #EndSARSBrutality: Ebuka Obi-Uchendu Narrates How He Was "Chased & Shot At" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Princeton92(m): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2021
Our Veteran actress, Joke Silva has opened up on why she was chased by women in a market in Lagos.

The multi-talented, award-winning actress made this revelation in an exclusive interview with TheNEWS as part of activities marking her 60thbirthday. Silva was born on 29 September 1961.

“Reminiscing when asked to speak about the most memorable moments in her acting career, she said one of them was performing in Owulorojo, a Yoruba TV series in 1993.

“Silva, who has traversed both stage and screen with panache for 40 years said she was chased by women at a market in Lagos after they had watched her feature in that TV series that shot her to limelight in 1993.

“The women had been so carried away by my scintillating performance in that TV series that when they saw me they were star-struck and started chasing me, saying they were thrilled by my performance in that movie.”

“But, you know, and just going into the market as I used to do. I had forgotten that people had watched Owulorojo and so getting to the market and being chased by all the market women and me running. They were all saying “E ma sa. Mo like ise yin” (Don’t run, we just like your acting). That was very interesting,” Silva recounted.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/10/14/why-i-was-chased-by-market-women-in-lagos-joke-silva/%3famp=1

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 16, 2021
God knows I love this woman

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by PlayMaker14: 7:43am On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
When she was young, she never disturbed Mr. Olu Jacob and most of her admirers for “Urgent 2k”

She worked for her money and fame till Olu Jacob sealed it by honouring her with the ring.

314 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 16, 2021
PlayMaker14:
When she was young, she never disturbed Mr. Olu Jacob and most of her admirers for “Urgent 2k”

She worked for her money and fame till Olu Jacob sealed it by honouring her with the ring.
What makes you think I'm like that.Infact I don't even know how to demand from someone

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by PlayMaker14: 7:50am On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
What makes you think I'm like that.Infact I don't even know how to demand from someone
Why is your conscience pricking you?

223 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Why is your conscience pricking you?
I'm not a child, I understand what you are saying

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by PlayMaker14: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
I'm not a child, I understand what you are saying
Dear Adult,

Stop reading unnecessary meaning to my reply.... It may lead to High Blood Pressure if you continue.

Thank you and may God bless you.

170 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by arthurwillia(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2021
She Dey try sha
Fine woman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Generalwoodz(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2021
Every great thespian or actress/actor gets chased whenever they enter a public place, such as a market. It's not something new because I've also tracked some greats that came down to my street.

One time I chased "NKEM OWOH" in Enugu. I was thrilled that I lost one of my shoes afterward.

I've also chased "Patience Ozorkwor" back then in Onitsha. We pelted her with sachets of water when she came into New Parts Market Nkpor. We shamefully thought she was as wicked in reality as she was on the screens, and sworn not to allow the wicked ever rest embarassed

Pete Edochie? When this sage came to my school, everyone behaved maturely so as not to earn the full wrath of the gods. We all queued and respected ourselves. Going one after the other to the lion for a snapshot. grin I stood like a poor man in a diagram grinning awkwardly while I waited for my turn.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by PGKing1(m): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2021
Na film she dey do...

Still remain your #1 plug for Original Backwoods check my sig
Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Johnnoah1st: 8:13am On Oct 16, 2021
I have 10years Facebook available 4sale
Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by ATEAMS: 8:13am On Oct 16, 2021
“Life begins where fear ends.”

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2021
PlayMaker14:

grin grin grin This man!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Spidermon: 8:14am On Oct 16, 2021
I 'ld hit that....no cap
Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2021
I don't like her movies angry

1 Like

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by DarkCaesar(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe you are blocking my View

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Oluwapresley(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2021
Iyaebe:
I love her tooo!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Shellsploit: 8:15am On Oct 16, 2021
E remain that she male "bobirisky"
Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Godada(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2021
Indeed, she is an amazing actress.

What has caught my eyes about her is how she is aging with grace. That's priceless, especially with the kind of pressure of child bearing, upbringing, family affairs and business.

She is an epitome of grace and poise.

This is how I like to see women age

5 Likes

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Oluwapresley(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2021
Spidermon:
I 'ld hit that....no cap

I would hit that too!

1 Like

Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by saferoom: 8:16am On Oct 16, 2021
Okay
Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Lugianostar(m): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2021
Lagos market women too do Haba
Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2021
Nigerian politicians are useless...

All of them
Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Kotaminate: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2021
Sunisonflex39:
Nigerian politicians are useless...

All of them

Extremely useless
Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by SocialJustice: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2021
Busty milf.
Re: Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos by Sunisonflex39(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2021
Kotaminate:

Extremely useless

Super extremely useless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tama Reacts As Timaya Buys Her A Range Rover (Photos) / Yomi Fabiyi: I Didn’t Harass Mo Bimpe, I Only Wooed Her / Genevieve & Shola Shobowale (Toyin Tomato)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.