Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) (43102 Views)

Joke Silva: Why I Was Chased By Market Women In Lagos / Teni & Sister, Niniola Tributes To Father Who Was Assassinated 24 Years Ago / King Sunny Ade Visits The Family Of Late Baba Sala To Pay His Last Respects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2023
🇬🇭❤️🇳🇬Market Women in Ghana have paid one of the most beautiful tributes to late Nigerian singer Mohbad! They held cardboard papers with lyrics of Mohbad’s song “Beast & Peace” inked on it🖊!

This is so heart melting 🥺🥺❤️❤️
See Beautiful old video of Mohbad having a good time with his buddies

Video credit: instablog9ja

https://twitter.com/instablog9ja/status/1705351318737453149

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3V5MmiqGtE?si=dC3fasVtsgsWIvtI

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2023
#justice4mohbad
The whole world loves Mohbad even in death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkKVGeTLCc

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TemplarLandry: 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2023
cool
Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2023
Rip 🪦 to the musical icon. Meanwhile see the candle 🕯 session Akure did for Mohbad last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjwQVksndn8

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by Elsudani2: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2023
Make una commot had before them say na Ghana sophisticated poison kill am o

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by Treasure17(m): 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2023
"My grace na auto, automatic '' Keep resting Mohbad.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2023
Treasure17:
😂 yes soo

1 Like

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by accordadoga30(f): 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nawa oo

I guess Mohbad was too famous when he was alive.

E be like say na only me no sabi this Mohbad oo

I never knew who Mohbad was until after his death.

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by Airlord2030: 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2023
Mohbad is greater than the greatest flatthead person on earth cool

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
Airlord2030:
haaa you are tribalist here. Mohbad is a lover ooo

Old video of Davido and naira Marley here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnW6U_i1x4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by kettykings: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2023
Use geo tagging next time , this is 2023, slnf.of us aren't dsft
Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2023
MOHBAD’S MUSIC ESTATE: After my research monitoring streams and the Imolenization CAC search, I discovered that Mohbad as of today is worth N700M roughy around $690,000

Naira Marley owes him N~300M in song royalties😳On my X Spaces I mentioned the top 3 songwriters in Nigeria as Tiwa, Teni and the third person is actually Mohbad. Mohbad wrote almost 97% of all the songs at Marlian music.

Songwriters get royalties and I mentioned @SOCANFoundation as an example when I was a Canadian 🇨🇦Grammy Judge @TheJUNOAwards.

Mohbad complained that Naira Marley was holding his royalties and streaming revenues as well as downloads. They pretty much had a BAD BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP. Artist developers are needed in Nigeria. Remove the drugs and cultism and the industry will be super global. As you can see Davido came to represent the brotherhood despite the fact that I warned him not to step in Nigeria. Only the intelligent can understand that part. Nobody speaks against the brotherhood. Most music industry label bosses and the ones at the top have largely been silent. They are all affiliated with the same cult. They can’t speak against Naira Marley.

My suggestion as Mohbad’s estate hits one Billion Naira in days to come is a court appointed probate lawyer to take over his music assets assuming Naira Marley releases the funds. It will be a bitter court fight. He should have taken this to court a long time but people like Zlatan and Bella Shmurda told him to “hang in there.” These devil sent frenemies could have helped him. It’s like a woman being beaten by the husband and relatives tell her to stay in the bad relationship. The toxicity will finally kill you. Drug abuse, hypertension, alcohol etc developed. All his major hits are in Marlian music plus all the songs he wrote for Zinoleesky and Naira all added to that N300M. The rest is from the streams and downloads from:

Spotify
Apple Music
Audiomack
Boomplay
Deezer
Shazam
Napster
iTunes
Google play music
Amazon music etc etc

Meanwhile you’re busy trying to find out WHO killed him instead of WHAT killed him and who gets his estate. His son needs a DNA 🧬 test to establish paternity and if that is fine, all his music assets should be put in a trust fund till he’s 18yo. They will take a DNA 🧬 sample from his dead body. I don’t trust his crocodile teary mom who abandoned him 15yrs, nor his midnight burial dad or the wife. His Imolenization team are the only ones with access to the revenues on his final project “BLESSED” It has blown with huge revenues. Every penny should be transferred to a trust fund.

Know who you’re signing record deals with and terms of the contract. Mohbad wanted to leave and there were rumours that Naira was allegedly trying to make him a drug Lord which he refused to be, but didn’t understand what it meant to break a contract. Shebi we saw a similar thing happen with Davido around 2010 with his first label. His rich dad Deji Adeleke had to BUY out his contract to separate him. I’ve been a music journalist 20 years today September 21st 2003 out of my almost 30 yrs of journalism. Also
a music publicist organizing events and doing PR for many artists like Nicki, Ciara, Sean Kingston, Dija, Wizkid and more in Canada 🇨🇦
Mohbad did not leave a WILL behind. Naira has joined the war on drugs, he got tired and Mohbad is dead.

#copied
May his soul rest in peace💔🪦🕊️

#Kemitalks🗣️ #ripmohbad #Justice4Mohbad

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by kettykings: 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
Airlord2030:

Who knows mobac . People are just sympathetic

5 Likes

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
kettykings:

Who knows mobac . People are just sympathetic
millions of Nigeria youths knows him ooo. #justice4Mohbad

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nigerians are already selling “Justice for Mohbad” as a book on Amazon. 👀

Boys are already cashing out big time 😅

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by kettykings: 1:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
TruthsFM:
millions of Nigeria youths knows him ooo. #justice4Mohbad

We pray for justice for the departed , I only knew this fellow when he died ,likewise a lot other people

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
Voice recordings of Mohbad accusing his wife of wanting to Kpai him have surfaced online. Mohbad accused his wife of trying to k!ll him and enjoy his wealth 💔...

Below is a translation of the conversation in the voice recording!

Remember when Mohbad's father mentioned that most of his properties are in his wife's name, and the wife has been making numerous transfers to her mother, right? It's actually true. Mohbad recorded a voice note of himself accusing his wife and sent it to his friend.

This girl need to do DNA for that child ASAP..

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
kettykings:

We pray for justice for the departed , I only knew this fellow when he died ,likewise a lot other people
toor you are very right
Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2023
Mohbad passed NECO at one sitting, I don’t know why he joined Naira Marley — Ex-principal:::::

Abidemi Faboye, the proprietor and principal of Abifab College, Ikorodu, Lagos, the secondary school Ilerioluwa Aloba, aka Mohbad, attended in an interview with Punch talks about the memories he has of the late singer.

Excerpt below….

How would you describe Mohbad?
I knew him when he enrolled in my school in 2013. His elder sister, Blessing, also graduated from the school in 2013. He was brought from a public school, and he was a quiet boy. He was tall and slim. It was years after secondary school that he added weight.

Did you know he was a member of the Marlian group?
When I heard that he was a member of the Marlian group, I was surprised. I doubted if he could cope with such group. Although he was mature, I felt he must have mixed with a few others who joined the record label. I prayed that God would be with him, because after he left school, we did not communicate regularly.

Did he show any sign of his musical talent while he was in school?
Many of us, including the teachers who taught him, were surprised. When we heard about Imole, we were all surprised. I was not familiar with afrobeats music, until one day, my daughter told me, ‘Do you know Uncle Promise is now Mohbad?’ I took my phone and chatted with him via Messenger. He then gave me his number. His dad is a carpenter, and as a student, he often assisted his dad. He learnt carpentry from his father, who is also a pastor.

Back then, I noticed then that whenever school closed, he did not usually stay for up to five minutes, before going home. His house was a bit far from the school, so I always thought he wanted to get back home on time. He was active in the school’s music club. During quiz competitions, he would lead with songs.

When he rose to fame; sometimes, I would call him, and he wouldn’t pick up his calls. But, he would call me back and say, “Sir, I am in the studio rehearsing.” He was busy with his music, and he told me that immediately he had inspirations, he would write down the lyrics in a jotter and later develop them.

When he became popular, I was very happy that I had somebody who was not a doctor or pilot, but a musician. He was a real imole (light) of afrobeats music.

He was a child of promise; a star. Before his death, he got to a level where if one tuned in to any radio station, one would hear his songs. When people learnt that he passed through this school, they began to ask how I coped with him. It was after his death that people got to know he was a product of Abifab College. Now, I receive condolences as if I was his biological father. His seniors and juniors call me from different places, including the United Kingdom, expressing their condolences. He was a star that we lost too early.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
Guys I can't stop posting diz
"American rapper Meek Mill praised Nigerians for f!ghting for justice for Mohbad''
If you truly love "mohbad " type #justiceformohbad in the comment section.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by TruthsFM: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
Why I Restricted Mohbad’s Account On Instagram – Oxlade

Popular Nigerian Afrobeat artiste, Ikuforiji Olaitan Abdulrahman, better known professionally as Oxlade, has broken the silence over the reason he restricted the account of late Nigerian rapper Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, a.k.a Mohbad on Instagram.

Following Mohbad’s death on September 12, celebrities, fans, and Nigerians have continued paying tribute to the ‘peace’ hitmaker.

While joining other Nigerians to pay their last respects to Mohbad, Oxlade shared a screenshot of his Instagram conversation with him.

However, a close look at the chat showed that Mohbad’s account was placed on restriction, a development that did not sit well with some Nigerians who took to different social media platforms to call him out over the act.

Although the ‘Kulosa’ crooner deleted the screenshot, he has continued to receive heavy backlash and criticism from Nigerians.

Addressing the development on his X (formerly Twitter) account late Friday, Oxlade revealed that the motive for restricting Mohbad’s account was not to berate or ignore him, but to enable him to properly reply to his chat.

According to him, his social media accounts are being handled by his record label, and restricting an account indicates to his record label that messages from such accounts are important.

He also lamented receiving death threats over the development but maintained that he didn’t take those threats personally.

In the lengthy statement, he wrote, “Tape drop, I no talk. Lawsuit matter, I no talk. Lost endorsements. I still did not send it. You drag me for TikTok. Call me oxtail. Because the doctor put me on vocal rest for nodules, you people still neva cared, but I still never send.

“On This matter, I won’t be quiet. How do you think people like me manage the DMs? We have teams. I restrict certain accounts to only me/my phone so only I can reply. I’m not clearing my name. I am giving you facts.

“I’ve lost a friend, and I can’t grieve properly because elders and blogs want to use me for clickbait. Fighting against bullying, but you are bullying me. Make it make sense. I’m not speaking on this again, please. Let’s focus on getting justice. Make una use una time to do better things and leave other people to live.

“Note: I only restrict accounts I have a personal relationship with because my label runs my account in order not to miss important bookings and business conversations. So the restricted account is a way of pointing out to my label that the messages from these accounts are private and come from my close friends.

“I have been getting death threats ever since the event was unveiled but I don’t take anything personal because everything happens for a reason. You can silence me with a scandal but you can never dim my light. Imole season for a reason. Love; Gaza.”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by CJStarz: 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
Elsudani2:
Make una commot had before them say na Ghana sophisticated poison kill am o
Are you a Ghanaian? If you are, better leave Nairaland and go to Cediland!

13 Likes

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by CJStarz: 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2023
Treasure17:
Kai! The guy was loaded.
Too bad we're seeing this now that he's gone.
His voice was top-notch!

7 Likes

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by tojahh(m): 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
cheesy
Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by STEWpid(f): 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
Chai..

Meme allover.

Bloggaz must amplify mattaz.
Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by Skillsnigeria: 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
That's good and nice

1 Like

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by lovinguszz: 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
That's touching. Nice job market women. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by Goodman2023: 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
Re: Market Women In Ghana Paid Their Last Respects And Tributes To Mohbad(pics) by jamalnation(m): 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2023
nice 1 from makolo market women

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fan Blasts Niyi Johnson After Toyin Abraham Was Spotted With Osinbajo& Sanwo Olu / Gay Wedding Ceremony In Delta: Bobrisky Reacts to arrests / Mr Ibu's Wife Is "Back To Girl" After 4 Kids (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.