Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher (24920 Views)

Kaduna: Bandits Moved Children Like 'herd Of Cows', How I Escaped - Student / Emmanuel Amidu Vomits & Dies After Simple Faith School Teacher Flogged Him / How A Teacher Flogged & Injured My Cousin At Nsude Seminary School (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by tctrills: 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2021
Thanks to reformation Christianity became a model religion of civilization.

Islam needs a reformation.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Nostring: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
kazyhm:
Hypocrite! Is there any Ile Kewu that doesn't engage their pupil in various degree of dehumanizing disciplines ?....from hawking for eleha to all manner of chores......

One advantage of social media I don't like is, it has become a platform that enable people to live a double life and practice double standard.

It has also become a controlling tool as well. Anyone can now impose an unwarranted pressure in others to conform with an unwritten social structures standard.
wetin dey work u up? He condemned the beating ,u dey rant ..if he didn't u go still rant...u dey ok?
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Sterope(f): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2021
Becoming a learned scholar used to be seen as an educational adventure, a lifelong one. Many of these people have gone outside Nigeria to study more especially in the famous Al-Azhar university which is also one of the oldest university in the world, if not the oldest. For example, I have an uncle who is well versed that he also writes academic books in Arabic usually on the subject of Islam in relation to other matters. He didn't attend any university though.

Therefore it is expected that like everything on this earth, it will be abused especially where there is less scrutiny and accountability. Also, we live in a country where corporal punishment even when they border on torture used to be accepted. A popular Yoruba adage is ' Ma na we bi kuku' meaning 'I will beat you almost to the point of death'. Many of these Islamic schools are also run by very old men or people whose experience mirror the same.

Nowdays, there are Islamic schools that barely use corporal punishments. You shouldn't be tagging anyone a hypocrite. You don't know what is going on in his mind.

kazyhm:
Hypocrite! Is there any Ile Kewu that doesn't engage their pupil in various degree of dehumanizing disciplines ?....from hawking for eleha to all manner of chores......

One advantage of social media I don't like is, it has become a platform that enable people to live a double life and practice double standard.

It has also become a controlling tool as well. Anyone can now impose an unwarranted pressure in others to conform with an unwritten social structures standard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by faceland: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2021
OgunLaakaye:

False

Absolutely false!

So are you saying kids in western countries have better manners, attitude and etiquettes than African countries? Please don’t go there! You can’t prove this.

Disciplined kids turn out to be the best, except for few exceptional cases.

Kids are also ABUSED in th West, there is difference between discipline and abuse. A good example is out military verse the Western military. They don't ABUSE recruits in the west but they punish them and install discipline.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by 4Shakes(m): 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
North won't comment since they support d brutallity.....
NOETHNICITY:
Your obsession with the North is just sickening

The beating happened in Yoruba speaking kwara state where all parties involved are yorubas
Not one single northerner has commented on this issue, yet you find a way to blame the north for this
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Sterope(f): 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2021
Islam is going on stronger than Christianity though undecided. However, at a point many will abandon most religions especially the Abrahimic faiths. It is expected and that is life for you just like we will all become a thing of the past.

Which among your Muslim family members has carried bomb before? I don't think you are bastard so please provide a name.

It is shocking that in this day and age of 'internet', you know nothing about terrorism. What a shame! cry

jimtemi1:
Lol, I was once a Muslim is there way... After every atrocity Na ALLAHWAKBARU, they are passing such brutality from generation to generation, when they ask such kid to carry bomb go blow himself, why do u think he or she won't carry it? All what they are expose to is torture and brutality you better change your ways before Islam becomes the thing of the past
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2021
faceland:

Kids are also ABUSED in th West, there is difference between discipline and abuse. A good example is out military verse the Western military. They don't ABUSE recruits in the west but they punish them and install discipline.

I will boldly say it again, flogging was westernized and renamed abuse. The cane works! Holy books mentioned the importance of cane. It’s a tool to reset a brain that wants to get lost. That took instills that fear of the penalty of doing wrong. Now look in this case, girls in a party….? In the 80 and 90’s this was like suicide, cos you automatically aware of the consequences. And now we advocating they should not be flogged for gross indiscipline.

What would you have done in such circumstances considering their age?
Many of us could not try it at the age of 18. We knew what was coming

If I go by your logic, 90% of kids born in the 80’s and 90’s were abused. Do you know those resetting slaps our mothers dished on us? Slaps that if you try today, they will say it’s abuse. New generation kids will die or forever go dumb if those slaps were replicated. When our mothers can use just eyes to control us, how much more hand.

That discipline made us excel also, cos we knew failure was not an option

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Eagle360(m): 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2021
More reasons we see Muslim students in Christain Mission School, they teach with love but the same people can't live by the rules of Mission Schools.
The beating can cause everlasting phycological effects.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by justmondris: 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
A very sensible write up by an educated Muslim. I have encountered a lot of educated Muslims and they behave differently from their northerner counterpart.

Education + Religion = A sensible righteous man/ woman.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by bareal(m): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
Hypocrite
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Myhusband(m): 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2021
Islamic schools these days is like initiation of cult group, beat them like cow to be wicked then turn them to beasts in the face of non Muslims

time for non Northerners to disassociate themselves from Northern Islamic doctrine that have change the true form of Islam
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by victorazy(m): 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2021
MASTERMIND04:
The beating was too much. Ontop wetin sef?

On top Muhammed
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by kazyhm(m): 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2021
Sterope:
Becoming a learned scholar used to be seen as an educational adventure, a lifelong one. Many of these people have gone outside Nigeria to study more especially in the famous Al-Azhar university which is also one of the oldest university in the world, if not the oldest. For example, I have an uncle who is well versed that he also writes academic books in Arabic usually on the subject of Islam in relation to other matters. He didn't attend any university though.

Therefore it is expected that like everything on this earth, it will be abused especially where there is less scrutiny and accountability. Also, we live in a country where corporal punishment even when they border on torture used to be accepted. A popular Yoruba adage is ' Ma na we bi kuku' meaning 'I will beat you almost to the point of death'. Many of these Islamic schools are also run by very old men or people whose experience mirror the same.

Nowdays, there are Islamic schools that barely use corporal punishments. You shouldn't be tagging anyone a hypocrite. You don't know what is going on in his mind.

I know and understand your point. many practicing Muslim are now embracing western ideal......however sunna still override all other things......Hence my submission.

But if you re insinuating that Islamic doctrines and beliefs are old..........
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by kazyhm(m): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2021
Nostring:
wetin dey work u up? He condemned the beating ,u dey rant ..if he didn't u go still rant...u dey ok?

I'm saying the reality not rant. List karratu (ile kewu) without corporal discipline...then I will show you a virgin prostitute.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by kazyhm(m): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
nameo:

What nonsense, non-committal comment is this?

So are you in support of the "various degree of dehumanizing" treatment as you described or Not??

I'm telling you this incident is not alien to anyone that have even attended Ile Kewu you're referring to the comment as nonsense.

Are you an hypocrite yourself ?
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by hope4nigeria(m): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
WibusJaga:

I believe the father who said he was in support of the flogging said so just for the sake of his religion.
Deep inside, no father will be happy to see the daughter subjected to such barbaric act.
you know if that one is a mad man who never give birth before?
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by isan(m): 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2021
They are worse than a goat i avoid religious people like a plague
Righthussle:
I detest religion so much. From the "sow a seed" religion to the religion of "bombs", I hate them . These religions make people reason like goats.

1 Like

Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by toluscott2000(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
God bless you sir
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by redsun(m): 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2021
tctrills:
Thanks to reformation Christianity became a model religion of civilization.

Islam needs a reformation.

Was it not on tv when oyedepo slapped a child not too long ago? It's the same thing everywhere in Nigeria. Children are treated like donkeys and that is why they act like mules when they become adults- violently senseless and helpless.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Praktikals(m): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
Okortor:
D last teacher that tried non sense with my son, I just called the area commander, got both teacher and principal arrested.

Threatened them with law suit, lol.

Omo see begging with prostration, since then my son z been treated like a king. I can't afford to pay heavy fees n one frustrated teacher will flog My child, never.

Unlike d illiterate agbero on the other thread, that went with cutlass and thugs, nooooo..he goofed up big time, legal process is the sure bet in such case, just get them arrested and watch the school authorities go down on their knees begging.

Great weekend guys

So you re now feeling like a kingkong. If I am the head of your child's school, I will not beg you. You cant try that in a governments school. If you dont trust the school administrators to do the right thing, then train your kid yourself or take him to another school
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Sterope(f): 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
You are still missing the point. There is nothing Islamic about that kind of beating. It is cultural.
kazyhm:

I know and understand your point. many practicing Muslim are now embracing western ideal......however sunna still override all other things......Hence my submission.

But if you re insinuating that Islamic doctrines and beliefs are old..........
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Opirlo: 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2021
U know the rule na
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by kazyhm(m): 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2021
Sterope:
You are still missing the point. There is nothing Islamic about that kind of beating. It is cultural.

From which culture ?

1) Yoruba.
2) Hausa.
3) Fulani.
4) Arab.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Bellotelli: 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
I totally frown at the way and manner these Madrasa teachers abuse children. I remember how I was flogged by one during my childhood and how my dad exchanged punches with the man. That actually cost deterred me from completing the Quran. It's time they accept present realities.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Comedian2019: 5:46pm On Oct 16, 2021
rosamaris:
Hmmm this cleric has spoken well. Let them not kill people's children in the name of discipline.
They are not killing people's children. They are only exhibiting the xteristics of "religion of peace", flogging their own children. If they can't use their brains, they should continue to enjoy the flogging.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Gfh1: 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
Really
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Sholaco: 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2021
But you can direct your malams to flogged other peoples children
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by tctrills: 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2021
redsun:

Was it not on tv when oyedepo slapped a child not too long ago? It's the same thing everywhere in Nigeria. Children are treated like donkeys and that is why they act like mules when they become adults- violently senseless and helpless.
If we want to be honest, their is a huge gap in the violence of both religions and it all comes down to reformation.
Both are ancient religions. Both needed to reform to keep pace. The Christians made the change and that led to the greatest development the world has ever seen
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by basty: 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
These people don't know that, lot of Muslim children have abandoned this backward religion because of this inhuman attitude.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Empiree: 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2021
effort1:
Em.piree, see how this Islamic cleric just put you to shame.

She is you said abusing children is cool?

How come a cleric is opposing it?

Or is there confusion in Islam? grin
Answer these questions:

✓ Are you Nigerian?

✓ Which of the 3 major tribes are you from?

✓ Quote me where I said flogging like that was appropriate?

✓ Show evidence that the school based their judgement on Islamic verdict?.

Now, the reason I asked for your country and tribe is, is this kind of flogging outlandish to you guys?. If not then why are you guys act like it is new?. Every household in Nigeria is familiar with this kind of thing. This is why I insisted that I have nothing to explain to you people because each and everyone of you had different reasons for condemning the flogging. Majority of you don't care about the students but an avenue to attack Islam and Muslims. Interestingly, the same day this incident happened, the same barbaric act was committed in Onitsha. Why did media turn blind eyes?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_N6jRrmEXU

This is why I said I owe no one explanations on the school issue because such treatment in Nigeria is norm. Until you clowns are ready for rational criticisms, only then I take you people seriously. But for as long as you only intend to attack a religion we will continue to drag this.
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by effort1: 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2021
Empiree:
Answer these questions:

✓ Are you Nigerian?

✓ Which of the 3 major tribes are you from?

✓ Quote me where I said flogging like that was appropriate?

✓ Show evidence that the school based their judgement on Islamic verdict?.

Now, the reason I asked for your country and tribe is, is this kind of flogging outlandish to you guys?. If not then why are you guys act like it is new?. Every household in Nigeria is familiar with this kind of thing. This is why I insisted that I have nothing to explain to you people because each and everyone of you had different reasons for condemning the flogging. Majority of you don't care about the students but an avenue to attack Islam and Muslims. Interestingly, the same day this incident happened, the same barbaric act was committed in Onitsha. Why did media turn blind eyes?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_N6jRrmEXU

This is why I said I owe no one explanations on the school issue because such treatment in Nigeria is norm. Until you clowns are ready for rational criticisms, only then I take you people seriously. But for as long as you only intend to attack a religion we will continue to drag this.

Are you saying Islamic schools are not following Quran?
Re: I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher by Empiree: 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2021
tctrills:

If we want to be honest, their is a huge gap in the violence of both religions and it all comes down to reformation.
Both are ancient religions. Both needed to reform to keep pace. The Christians made the change and that led to the greatest development the world has ever seen
you were never flogged at school before or you never witnessed your fellow students flogged in secondary school?. Why is this strange to you guys?.

I still remembered how I was flogged at school in the 90s. If this is barbaric, how about daily bad activities in Nigeria where you throw tires on suspects' neck and burn them alive without due process?.

Until you guys are ready for rational criticisms and stop your religious bigotry, nothing will change in that country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) / A'eesha Humayrah Abaji, ABU Best Graduating Medical Student / Which Of These Sentences Gave You Joy While You Were In Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.