Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,484 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

What Does God Actually Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Actually Do? (2089 Views)

Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? / Can God actually talk to you / A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does God Actually Do? by Tamaratonye1(f): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2021
I thought of another cognitive dissonance in Christianity during my walk today. Have you heard that saying, "God helps those who help themselves"? I was always taught this in the manner of "if you pray to pass the test, you have to put the work in and study. You can't just sit around and expect to pass the test based on prayer alone."

Why not? If I study for it, what is God's part in it? Like, where exactly is he helping? I would expect, if I study for something and memorize/understand the material, then yeah, no duh. I'll probably pass it. Prayer or no payer. Yet if I said a prayer, fully expecting to pass the test when not doing anything for it, wouldn't that be an example of devoted faith? Like, I believe so much I'll pass the test because I asked God to help me, that I don't need to study.

Invoking a god's "help" disincentivizes doing your utmost; it rewards being half-assed. Some might argue that they are doing their utmost and are just adding prayer as a "no-cost" kicker that "can't hurt". But prayer takes energy, and some degree of focus, necessarily diluting the full energy and focus possible without it. Those who pray aren't likely to pray to a jug of milk, also "no-cost" and "can't hurt", but a waste of energy and focus.

Meanwhile there's the bothersome question of why should your prayer elicit a useful effect when 10,000 people elsewhere with identical belief in the identical god praying in exactly the same fashion get no effect? Someone believing they're really "that special" compared to everyone else is a social menace because they have no reason act carefully.

4 Likes

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
I thought of another cognitive dissonance in Christianity during my walk today. Have you heard that saying, "God helps those who help themselves"? I was always taught this in the manner of "if you pray to pass the test, you have to put the work in and study. You can't just sit around and expect to pass the test based on prayer alone."

Why not? If I study for it, what is God's part in it? Like, where exactly is he helping? I would expect, if I study for something and memorize/understand the material, then yeah, no duh. I'll probably pass it. Prayer or no payer. Yet if I said a prayer, fully expecting to pass the test when not doing anything for it, wouldn't that be an example of devoted faith? Like, I believe so much I'll pass the test because I asked God to help me, that I don't need to study.

Prayers aren't for lazy people.
You can read the Bible and try to find just one example of a lazy person who just expect God to do what he supposed to do.

Meanwhile believers pray and do what we're supposed to do not because we don't believe in God but because God's word said:

I have seen something further under the sun, that the swift do not always win the race, nor do the mighty win the battle, nor do the wise always have the food, nor do the intelligent always have the riches, nor do those with knowledge always have success, because time and unexpected events overtake them all. Ecclesiastes 9:11

The purpose of prayer is for God to help us tackle the unforseen circumstances that may jeopardize all the effort we made to succeed.
You have studied very well and fully prepared for the test but there are one thousand and one obstacles out there that can make you fail woefully despite your preparedness.
That's what we are praying for not for God to come and cook our beans when we have all what it takes to do so ourselves! smiley

1 Like

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2021
some people have no aim in life, they have no will power and need to be brainwashed and led like sheep, in order to find a purpose in life.... thats where these fraudster in robe come into play.

5 Likes

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2021
He has Finished His Doings. It is His Doings that are still Doing.

So it is a case of What Has God Done!
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
some people have noi aim in life, they have no will power and need to be brainwashed and led like sheep, in order to find a purpose in life.... thats where these fraudster in robe come into play.

I like this Truth you have raised up today "if you need the threat of Punishment ("eternal torture" ), YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PERSON.

And that was what the Bible is also saying. "He who obeys The Law, has no condemnation (guilt) or Punishment.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
I like this Truth you have raised up today "if you need the threat of Punishment ("eternal torture"wink, YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PERSON.

And that was what the Bible is also saying. "He who obeys The Law, has no condemnation (guilt) or Punishment.

but.... you are missing the point. your bible is brainwashing people into submitting to its law, before it can reward them "eternal life". anyone who abides by its teaching can be saved, right?! so any demon can just "obey the law" and join your religion's ranks, abi?
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

but.... you are missing the point. your bible is brainwashing people into submitting to its law, before it can reward them "eternal life". anyone who abides by its teaching can be saved, right?! so any demon can just "obey the law" and join your religion's ranks, abi?

The highlighted really amuses me!
Definitely all atheists are brainless! smiley
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
... Have you heard that saying, "God helps those who help themselves"? I was always taught this in the manner of "if you pray to pass the test, you have to put the work in and study. You can't just sit around and expect to pass the test based on prayer alone."

This is where you see that there are various Works God has done upon the earth and obviously, in your case, you had God's Gift (God Again) of being able to read, cram/memorise and reproduce what you have absorbed into your answer script.

But some of us, our gifts are elsewhere and we had to learn the Value and Power of UNDERSTANDING.

And UNDERSTANDING IS A GIFT WHICH DOES NOT COME WITH OUR FACTORY SETTINGS (GIFTS). IT IS A SPECIAL GIFT ONLY GIVING TO SOULS WHO HAVE EARNED IT.

And I bet you are working in an institutionalized Organisation so you would also not appreciate the power of God Until you lose your job.

Then I guarantee that you would pray because you would see that it is not by your might or intelligence or beauty or vagina that you would prosper BUT THAT GOD JUST HAD PITY ON YOU AND JUST ALLOWED A GOOD THING TO FALL ON YOU SEEING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FOR LONG.

And this is of course proven by the fact that you ran away from Nigeria so that you could create for yourself a chance at prospering by yourself.

But in the end if you prosper, it would be meaningless to you, for now you would learn that there is indeed prosperity that is very painful to obtain.

The Race is not for the swift, nor the battle for the strong, nor NNPC job for the 1st Class Student, But God Determineth All Things!
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

but.... you are missing the point. your bible is brainwashing people into submitting to its law, before it can reward them "eternal life".

Wrong!

The Bible is given us Warning in Advance that we shall not be good people, but that we shall be evil people. And as you have said, evil people are liable for punishment.

The Laws were there even before us, but the Bible had seen that it has been Altered, Covered, Modified and even "Removed" by men.

And that naturally of course, we who come after these evil changes have been done, we would think it normal to behave in accordance with these Changed Laws, thinking it was natural and that it has always been like this before, therefore, it is okay and good to obey them.

Whereas, they are laws which put us in trouble TO LOSE OUR ETERNAL LIFE.

Therefore, the Bible was only informing us on what The Law was AT THE BEGINNING AND THAT THE LAWMAKER HAS NOT CHANGED THE LAW, so that we do not lose our eternal life.

But typical us, we do not first hear it.

But some of us have seen, having done all those things which the evil law said that we can do, we lost our Life
, so thankfully, the Bible also shows us that we can get it back.

That is what eternal life is about.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong!
The Bible is given us Warning in Advance that we shall not be good people, but that we shall be evil people. And as you have said, evil people are liable for punishment.
The Laws were there even before us, but the Bible had seen that it has been Altered, Covered, Modified and even "Removed" by men.
And that naturally of course, we who come after these evil changes have been done, we would think it normal to behave in accordance with these Changed Laws, thinking it was natural and that it has always been like this before, therefore, it is okay and good to obey them.

Whereas, they are laws which put us in trouble.

Therefore, the Bible was only informing us on what The Law was AT THE BEGINNING AND THAT THE LAWMAKER HAS NOT CHANGED THE LAW!

the minute you have laws to OBEY in order to enter into this convenant AND/OR laws that dictates how one should live his life (before they can be called good xtians) then this is brainwashing. you are forced to do what they want you to do, in order to get the prize of heaven/eternal life etc.
here is a simple clue: if you cant do what you desire in life, and are forced to do what the bible dictates , then you are indeed BRAINWASHED.

i (MBJ) have a functioning brain AND know right from wrong, thus i certainly dont need an outdated holy book to dictate how i should live my life in the 21st century

3 Likes

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Ototuz: 3:35pm On Oct 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I like this Truth you have raised up today "if you need the threat of Punishment ("eternal torture" ), YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PERSON.

Lol.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Ototuz: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted really amuses me!
Definitely all atheists are brainless! smiley

Yep. Atheists are brainless.
Christians are the ones with brains.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Ototuz: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

the minute you have laws to OBEY in order to enter into this convenant AND/OR laws that dictates how one should live his life (before they can be called good xtians) then this is brainwashing. you are forced to do what they want you to do, in order to get the prize of heaven/eternal life etc.
here is a simple clue: if you cant do what you desire in life, and are forced to do what the bible dictates , then you are indeed BRAINWASHED.

i (MBJ) have a functioning brain AND know right from wrong, thus i certainly dont need an outdated holy book to dictate how i should live my life in the 21st century

You dey mind the wereys them.

3 Likes

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Ototuz: 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2021
God does everything except healing amputees.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
Ototuz:

Yep. Atheists are brainless.
Christians are the ones with brains.
Sure! Tested and trusted! smiley
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
...the minute you have laws to OBEY

This is your problem, OBEDIENCE TO LAWS!

You obviously seek a world without Law!

To keep my talk short, I'll put it this way, forgive my sharpness but I believe someone needs to tell you this Sharp Truth, which is "DRINK A FULL BOTTLE OF SNYPER OR HYPO IN YOUR LOCKED ROOM"

so that you can return yourself and everything to your Creator, telling Him that you want to go back and create yourself and your own Out of Law House (World).

That you do not like this is Law Full House, so you want to go back and make your own House (World), where you can do whatever you like.

Because in this His House, EVERYTHING IS UNDER LAW.

I believe this is the best advice that you could be given in the circumstance for in this Law Filled House, creations do not make Laws for the Creator.

But in your own House and World, you could do that.

I respectfully say all this and I meant no insult.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Ototuz: 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Sure! Tested and trusted! smiley

Any "brained" creature will recognise the sarcasm. grin

1 Like

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2021
Ototuz:

Any "brained" creature will recognise the sarcasm. grin
Sarcasm only makes sense when you got it right but it's just as you said it, that's no sarcasm! wink
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Ototuz: 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Sarcasm only makes sense when you got it right but it's just as you said it, that's no sarcasm! wink
Sarcasm is only recognized by people with brains. grin

1 Like

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Franzinni: 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2021
His ways are not our ways ... You perceive Him with your limited senses and in your limited understanding, you make assertion and conclusions... I pity you.

Do you know anything except what you were told and taught ?
That is how limited you are to think you know it all

You children of vipers
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
...Meanwhile there's the bothersome question of why should your prayer elicit a useful effect when 10,000 people elsewhere with identical belief in the identical god praying in exactly the same fashion get no effect? Someone believing they're really "that special" compared to everyone else is a social menace because they have no reason act carefully.

grin grin grin SEE COMPLAINT AND CONFESSION OF WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE! grin grin grin

DID THE LORD NOT DECLARE IT THAT,

"Behold, My Servants Shall Drink, but ye shall be thirsty: Behold, My Servants Shall Rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:

14 Behold, My Servants Shall Sing For Joy of Heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl FOR VEXATION OF SPIRIT.

SEE VEXATION OF SPIRIT! grin grin grin

According to the wickedness and evil you have sown, so shalt thou eat the fruits thereof! grin
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is your problem, OBEDIENCE TO LAWS!
You obviously seek a world without Law!

not at all...i' always obey my parents, i always obey the laws of any country i live in... but here you have a religion that wants to brainwash you into being the wayTHEY want you to be, and trying to scare you by claiming that if you dont you will burn in hell..... a religion that is supposedly "holy" that is the best in everything, apart from financial issues therefore they need your money/valuables too. lol highly laughable!

RELIGION IS THE BIGGEST SCAM ON EARTH!!!!

To keep my talk short, I'll put it this way, forgive my sharpness but I believe someone needs to tell you this Sharp Truth, which is "DRINK A FULL BOTTLE OF SNYPER OR HYPO IN YOUR LOCKED ROOM"

may you get (tenfold) anything you wish upon anyone else. but hey, if you forgot, your holybook teaches you to LOVE THY NEIGHBOR, not love thy neighbor only if they are xtian, Mr hypocrite!

so that you can return yourself and everything to your Creator, telling Him that you want to go back and create yourself and your own Out of Law House (World).

again, a very clueless statement.... YOU are the one who believes i was created by some invisible mambo jambo god, i DONT! lol

That you do not like this is Law Full House, so you want to go back and make your own House (World), where you can do whatever you like. Because in this His House, EVERYTHING IS UNDER LAWI believe this is the best advice that you could be given in the circumstance for in this Law Filled House, creations do not make Laws for the Creator.But in your own House and World, you could do that.

this world aint yours, this "house" aint your god's... and your "gods" law are only valid to the brainwashed people who believe in this invisible god in the sky and his invisible heaven that NOBODY has confirmed. smart people dont need religion to live a righeous life.....good people dont need religion to be good people....and i certainly dont care what happens to my body when i die.... so long as i fully live the life i desire until i die, am good.

here are simple questions to any of your xtians:
A) how do you (or the 1st holy man) got to know about this invisible god of yours?
B) can you give us any CONCRETE proof of its existence (not some BS imaginary vision)?
C) how can you explain to a person with a functioning brain the idea of this heaven of yours (since you must be dead to get there and experience it)? unless a dead person sent you an email/sms?!

1 Like

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

not at all...i' always obey my parents, i always obey the laws of any country i live in...

But you do not want to as your words
"..the minute you have laws to OBEY" Clearly indicate.

In all, in all you are already living in the way and manner you have set for yourself, so you ought not to be bothered about anything after all you Truly Said "you do not have the threat of punishment, since you are a good person".

MrBrownJay1:

here are simple questions to any of your xtians:
A) how do you (or the 1st holy man) got to know about this invisible god of yours?
B) can you give us any CONCRETE proof of its existence (not some BS imaginary vision)?
C) how can you explain to a person with a functioning brain the idea of this heaven of yours (since you must be dead to get there and experience it)? unless a dead person sent you an email/sms?!

Raise up a thread on these questions let us meet you there.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by orisa37: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
GOD WORKS EVERY TIME IN THE HEARTS, SOULS, MINDS AND FLESH OF EVERY LIVING SOUL. THAT'S WHY HE IS OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT, OMNIPRESENT AND THE SUPREME SPIRIT IN ALL HUMANS. HIS TERBANACLE IS A SPIRIT IN EVERY HUMAN. ON THE SABBATH DAY HE RESTS IN ALL HUMANS. GOD IS OMNILIGHT, OMNIGOOD AND OMNILIFE. HE IS SIMPLY AND COMPLEXLY OMNICAPABLE. MAY ALL RICHES, WEALTH, POWER, MIGHT, HONOUR, GLORY, MAJESTIES, WORSHIP, SECURITY, SAFETY AND SUCCESS BE HIS FOR EVER AMEN. HE IS GOD IN HEAVEN, LORDGOD IN TRANSIT AND OUR LORD ON EARTH. BLESSED ARE YOU KING OF THE UNIVERSE. THE MOST SUPREME KING IN HEAVEN. THANK YOU.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by LordReed(m): 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2021
What does he need to do but sit back and watch porn?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by orisa37: 7:42pm On Oct 16, 2021
GOD WORKS EVERY TIME IN THE HEARTS, SOULS, MINDS AND FLESH OF EVERY LIVING SOUL. THAT'S WHY HE IS OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT, OMNIPRESENT AND THE SUPREME SPIRIT IN ALL HUMANS. HIS TERBANACLE IS A SPIRIT IN EVERY HUMAN. ON THE SABBATH DAY HE RESTS IN ALL HUMANS. GOD IS OMNILIGHT, OMNIGOOD AND OMNILIFE. HE IS SIMPLY AND COMPLEXLY OMNICAPABLE. MAY ALL RICHES, WEALTH, POWER, MIGHT, HONOUR, GLORY, MAJESTIES, WORSHIP, SECURITY, SAFETY AND SUCCESS BE HIS FOR EVER AMEN. HE IS GOD IN HEAVEN, LORDGOD IN TRANSIT AND OUR LORD ON EARTH. BLESSED ARE YOU KING OF THE UNIVERSE. THE MOST SUPREME KING IN HEAVEN. THANK YOU.

BEING OMNILIGHT, OMNIGOOD AND OMNILIFE, GOD IS OUR INSTRUCTION AND WISDOM, OUR DIRECTIVES AND KNOWLEDGEABLE AND OUR DISCERNMENT AND UNDERSTANDING.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2021
orisa37:

BEING OMNILIGHT, OMNIGOOD AND OMNILIFE, GOD IS OUR INSTRUCTION AND WISDOM, OUR DIRECTIVES AND KNOWLEDGEABLE AND OUR DISCERNMENT AND UNDERSTANDING.

Can you help me with this case?

I know you weren't expecting it

But I will appreciate whatever amount of money you can help me with

Please
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by orisa37: 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2021
GOD DOES WHAT EVERYONE DOES ON A DAILY BASIS AND REVIEWS AND CONTROLS THEM FOR FURTHER ACTIONS.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by hupernikao: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
I thought of another cognitive dissonance in Christianity during my walk today. Have you heard that saying, "God helps those who help themselves"? I was always taught this in the manner of "if you pray to pass the test, you have to put the .

Your quote above is man's tradition not God's word. Bible taught, that heaven only helps those who comes to him (it).. That is those who come (believe and receive) his grace not those who want to help themselves.

Man is helpless, he has no ability or capability to help himself, he is dead to life and light. The more he tried to help himself, the more he found out his incapability to help himself.

He needs help, beyond his riches, technology, advancement and exploit. He will never find satisfaction in it. Because this never solve the problem or handles man's problem that always expose his incapability and helplessness to him.

Hence,
Many who holds such view as the quote above are partying on the platform of ignorant that comes from wrong doctrines. It was never taught in the scriptures.

What this means is that your statement is not only not found in the scripture, it was never a scriptural text. Both in explanation, interpretation and teaching of the word, it failed the test.

Bible teaching is summarized as below.
HEAVEN HELPS THOSE WHO COME TO HIM (IT).

[i]That is, a helpless man, found help in the graciousness of a gracious God.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by oaroloye(m): 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2021
SHALOM!

Tamaratonye1:
I thought of another cognitive dissonance in Christianity during my walk today. Have you heard that saying, "God helps

those who help themselves
"?

BIBLE RELIGION IS SUPPOSED TO BE TAUGHT BY ONE'S PARENTS, BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 THROUGH 20. GOD NEVER AUTHORIZED ANYONE ELSE TO TAKE THE PLACE OF OUR PARENTS.

. DEUTERONOMY 6:1-9.

NOW these are the Commandments,
the Statutes, and the Judgments,
Which The LORD your God Commanded to teach you,
that ye might do Them in the land
whither ye go to possess it:
2. That thou mightest fear The LORD thy God,
to keep all his Statutes and His Commandments,
Which I command thee,
thou, and thy son, and thy son's son,
all the days of thy life;
and that thy days may be prolonged.
3. Hear therefore, O Israel,
and observe to do It;
that it may be well with thee,
and that ye may increase mightily,
as The LORD God of thy Fathers hath Promised thee,
in the land that floweth with milk and honey.
4. Hear, O Israel:
The LORD our God is one LORD:
5. And thou shalt love The LORD thy God
with all thine Heart,
and with all thy Soul,
and with all thy Might.
6. And these Words,
which I Command thee this Day,
shall be in thine heart:
7. And thou shalt teach Them diligently
unto thy Children,
and shalt talk of Them
when thou sittest in thine house,
and when thou walkest by the way,
and when thou liest down,
and when thou risest up.
8. And thou shalt bind them
for a sign upon thine hand,
and they shall be as frontlets
between thine eyes.
9. And thou shalt write them
upon the posts of thy house,
and on thy gates.

DO YOU NOTICE THAT THE KEEPING OF THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD BY MOSES IS ESSENTIAL NOT ONLY FOR SURVIVAL, BUT TO SURVIVE "MIGHTILY!"

Not "barely scraping by," nor "eking out a living," but "LIVING MIGHTILY."

Tamaratonye1:

I was always taught this in the manner of "if you pray to pass the test, you have to put the work in and study. You can't just sit around and expect to pass the

test based on prayer alone.
"

MAKING PASS MARKS OF 35-50% IS NOT "LIVING MIGHTILY."

Nor is 60-70%.

80-90% would be considered "mighty," practically anywhere.

Since you brought it up, I should want to talk about THE FRAUD OF WESTERN EDUCATION.

If you scored 99% in all your exams, you would be considered a "good student."

That is what the Oyinbo Imperial Colonialists have taught us.

99% means that they gave you 100 facts, and you were only able to render 99 of them.

In practice, you know that practical performance is a lot worse than that.

In my day, we were told that 35% was a "PASS."

That is FRAUD! I honestly believe that whoever instituted that policy should be hunted down, arrested, and tried CAPITALLY.

If found guilty, they should be EXECUTED.

How can 65% of the Knowledge, supposedly in your Brain, go missing- and everyone is okay with that?

Actually, in my household, if you came home with a report card like that... actually, coming home was not really an option.

You should rather go straight to the Cemetary, and start digging- just to save time- you know?

ARE WE SAYING THAT THERE IS, LIKE A HOLE IN THE BRAIN SOMEWHERE, WHERE KNOWLEDGE CAN JUST LEAK OUT?

Which is to be considered "normal," so that nobody should "freak out?"

THERE IS A SECRET INVOLVED- WHICH THEY WILL NEVER TELL YOU IN WESTERN EDUCATION.

LAFAYETTE RONALD HUBBARD, the notorious founder of SCIENTOLOGY, testified that he went to school with two Chinese students, and that these children could stand up in any class, and recite the contents of any page of any textbook, verbatim!

KENNETH ERWIN HAGIN, the greatest Full Gospel Pentecostal Teacher of the 20th Century mentioned in passing that he himself was able to recite any page of any textbook he had seen only the once.

I myself witnessed evidence of PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY in an Asian lady, who recognized me from a glimpse of me she saw, behind a lab equipment, while her attention was supposedly elsewhere.

THERE ARE MAYBE FOURTEEN PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, who are known to have EIDETIC MEMORY.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_claimed_to_possess_an_eidetic_memory

I don't believe that: the real number will be much higher.

I know that because I know that it has been proven to me that this ability can be trained.

It has also been proven that the Oyinbos are desperately struggling to hide this important fact.

[See: DIANETICS: The Modern Science of Mental Health, by L. Ron Hubbard (1950).
(FADS AND FALLACIES) IN THE NAME OF SCIENCE, by Martin Gardner (1952).
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda (1985).
THE PRODIGY: The Biography of WILLIAM JAMES SIDIS- America's Greatest Child Prodigy, by Amy Wallace 1986).]

As soon as some researcher came out with evidence of what was possible, the ILLUMINATI commissioned an AGENT to REFUTE their findings.

MARTIN GARDNER said: "Of all the arguments used to defend DIANETICS, that "IT WORKS" is the least relevant!"

CARLOS CASTANEDA testified that not only did TOTAL RECALL of one's entire life exist, but IT COULD BE TEMPORAILY INDUCED INSTANTANOUSLY.

Although the procedure is lethal when used on someone who is not HOLY.

This was how MARY BAKER EDDY became founder of CHRISTIAN SCIENCE.

There were two popular movies and a TV Show about people achieving TOTAL RECALL through the use of two drugs- one of which does not exist, while the other does not have anything like that effect. Whereas, there ARE Drugs that can induce such a state.

[See: LIMITLESS, starring Bradley Cooper and Robert deNiro (2011).
LUCY, starring Scarlett Johannsen and Norman Freeman (2014).
LIMITLESS, starring Jake Dorman, Julie Carpenter, Colin Salmon, with Bradley Cooper (2015).]

Reviewers poo-pooed the idea that such drugs actually exist. Let alone the idea that no drugs are necessary.

. JOSHUA 1:8.

8. "This Book of The Law
shall not depart out of thy mouth
but thou shalt meditate therein day and night,
that thou mayest do
according to all that is written therein:
for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous,
and then thou shalt have Good success."

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS STATE EXISTS, BECAUSE I HAVE EXPERIENCED IT MYSELF, WHEN I APPLIED THE PROCEDURE TAUGHT IN KENNETH E. HAGIN'S BOOK.

[See: GROWING UP SPIRITUALLY, by Kenneth E. Hagin (1976).]

His is the ONLY book that I have every seen that taught MEDITATION.

I recently realized that that is because the Oyinbos HATE one another- and if any build anything on another person's ideas, they can sue them at the Court of Law, and take away everything they had. Kenneth Hagin himself was threatened with this, when the family of Baptist EESEK WILLIAM KENYON threatened him with litigation for plagiarizing his work. (remember that Kenneth Hagin had been expelled from the Baptist Denomination for becoming Pentecostal- that is, supposedly "Baptized with The Holy Ghost."wink Therefore, important Doctrines have never been integrated, because the Oyinbos threaten to sue each other, if their ideas are used, without what they deem to be "fair" remuneration.

Tamaratonye1:

Why not? If I study for it, what is God's part in it? Like, where exactly is he helping? I would expect, if I study for something and memorize/understand the material,

then yeah, no duh. I'll probably pass it. Prayer or no payer. Yet if I said a prayer, fully expecting to pass the test when not doing anything for it, wouldn't that be

an example of devoted faith? Like, I believe so much I'll pass the test because I asked God to help me, that I don't need to study.

OYINBO-TRAINED CHRISTIANS HAVE LITTLE-OR-NO JUSTIFICATION TO CLAIM THAT GOD HELPED THEM IN ANYTHING.

If GOD helped a STUDENT, they would get PERFECT SCORES.

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matthew 25:1-46.)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

. THE TEN POUNDS OF DOMINION. (Luke 19:11-27.)

1. THE ABOVE; 2. THE BELOW;
3. THE EARTH; 4. THE NETHER REALMS;
5. FIRE; 6.WATER;
7. THE LOUD; 8. THE SILENT;
9. THE MOVING; 10. THE STATIONARY.

. THE SIX ATTRIBUTES OF WARRIORSHIP.

1. CONTROL; 2. DISCIPLINE; 3. FORBEARANCE; 4. TIMING; 5. *WILL,* AND 6. THE PETTY TYRANT.

[See: THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda.]

. THE EIGHT DYNAMICS.

1.SELF; 2.FAMILY; 3.GROUPS; 4.ALL MANKIND; 5.ALL LIVING THINGS;
6. The MEST (Matter, Energy, Space, Time- i.e. Physical) UNIVERSE; 7.SPIRITS; 8.GOD.

. THE AWARENESS LEVELS REQUIRED TO CONTROL THE DYNAMICS.

8.SELF; 12.GROUPS; 15.ALL MANKIND; 22. MEST UNIVERSE; 32.SPIRITS; 40.GOD.

. The L. Ron Hubbard TONE SCALE.

40. Serenity
30. Postulates
22. Games
20. Action
8.0 Exhilaration
6.0 Aesthetics
4.0 Enthusiasm
3.5 Cheerfulness
3.0 Conservatism
2.5 Boredom
2.0 Overt Hostility
1.8 Pain
1.5 Anger
1.4 Hate
1.2 No Sympathy
1.1 Covert Hostility
1.0 Fear
0.9 Sympathy
0.5 Grief
0.1 Apathy
0.0 Body Death

[See: SCIENTOLOGY 0-8: The Book of Basics, by L .Ron Hubbard (1970).]

. GENESIS 1:26-28.

26. And God Said,
"Let us make Man in Our Image, after Our Likeness:
and let them have Dominion over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air, and over the Cattle,
and over all the Earth,
and over every Creeping Thing
that Creepeth upon the Earth.
27. So God created Man in His Own Image,
in The Image of God created He him;
male and female created He them.
28. And God Blessed them,
and God said unto them,
"Be fruitful, and multiply,
and replenish the Earth,
and subdue It:
and have Dominion over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air,
and over every Living Thing
that moveth upon the Earth.”

GOD CREATED MAN TO HAVE DOMINION OVER ALL THE EARTH, AND EVERYTHING OF IT- IF A CHRISTIAN HAS BEEN PROPERLY BROUGHT UP, THEY WILL NOT NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL- LET ALONE "PREPARE FOR EXAMS:" BECAUSE THEY WILL ALWAYS KNOW THE PERFECT ANSWER TO EVERY QUESTION THEY EVER NEED TO ANSWER!

. MATTHEW 10:16-20.

16. “Behold, I send you forth
as sheep in the midst of wolves:
be ye therefore wise as serpents,
and harmless as doves.
17. "But beware of men:
for they will deliver you up to the Councils,
and they will scourge you in their Synagogues;
18. "And ye shall be brought before governors
and kings for my sake,
for a Testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19. But when they deliver you up,
take no thought how or what ye shall speak:
for it shall be given you in that same hour
what ye shall speak.
20. "For it is not ye that speak,
but The Spirit of your Father
Which Speaketh in you."

. JOHN 14:21-27.

21. "He that hath my Commandments,
and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me:
and he that loveth me
shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him,
and will manifest myself to him."

22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot,

"Lord, how is it that thou
wilt manifest thyself unto us,
and not unto the World?"

23. Jesus Answered and Said unto him,

"If a man love me,
he will keep my Words:
and my Father will love him,
and we will come unto him,
and make our abode with him.
24. "He that loveth me not
keepeth not my Sayings:
and The Word which ye hear is not mine,
but The Father's which sent me.
25. "These things have I Spoken unto you,
being yet present with you.
26. "But The Comforter,
Which is The Holy Ghost,
Whom the Father will send in my Name,
He shall Teach you All Things,
and bring All Things to your remembrance,
whatsoever I have said unto you.
27. "Peace I leave with you,
my Peace I give unto you:
not as the World giveth,
give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."

THE SPIRIT OF THE OYINBO-TRAINED CHRISTIAN TYPICALLY HAS NONE OF THE HOLY GHOST ATTRIBUTES LORD YESHUA TAUGHT US TO EXPECT.

Implying that most Pentecostals are delusional. They do not have what they say they have.

. 1st CORINTHIANS 12:4-11.

4. Now there are diversities of Gifts,
but the same Spirit.
5. And there are differences of Administrations,
but the same Lord.
6. And there are diversities of Operations,
but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7. But the manifestation of the Spirit
is given to every man to profit withal.
8. For to one is given by the Spirit The Word of Wisdom;
to another The Word of Knowledge by the same Spirit;
9. To another Faith by the same Spirit;
to another The Gifts of Healing by the same Spirit;
10. To another The Working of Miracles;
to another Prophecy;
to another Discerning of Spirits;
to another Divers Kinds of Tongues;
to another The Interpretation of Tongues:
11. But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit,
dividing to every man severally as He will.

IT IS A ROUTINE THING TO FIND "FULL-GOSPEL" CHRISTIANS IN NEED OF BODILY OR MATERIAL BLESSINGS WHICH ARE NEVER GOING TO MATERIALIZE.

That is because they have LEAVENED The Gospel with such False Doctrines as have rendered It useless.

Tamaratonye1:

Invoking a god's "help" disincentivizes doing your utmost; it rewards being half-assed. Some might argue that they are doing their utmost and are just adding prayer

as a "no-cost" kicker that "can't hurt". But prayer takes energy, and some degree of focus, necessarily diluting the full energy and focus possible

without it. Those who pray aren't likely to pray to a jug of milk, also "no-cost" and "can't hurt", but a waste of energy and focus.

AN EASY INDICATION THAT PRAYER WILL NEVER HELP YOU, IS THE FACT THAT YOUR PRAYERS HAVE NEVER HAD EFFECT BEFORE.

Many "Full Gospel" Pentecostals must give up praying for their children, and rely on medicine, only after they tried to Heal them, and failed.

I have two co-workers whom I saw do that with my own eyes- so I know what I am talking about.

What I am certain of is that NONE OF THESE PARENTS EVERY HEALED ANYONE WITH THEIR PRAYERS BEFORE- not THEMSELVES, nor any other person's children.

Why, then, should they expect their prayers to work when THEY want Healing for people ONLY THEY care about?

. LUKE 16:1-15.

AND he Said also
unto his Disciples,

"There was a certain rich man,
which had a steward;
and the same
was accused unto him
that he had wasted
his goods.
2. "And he called him,
and said unto him,

'HOW IS IT
THAT I HEAR THIS
OF THEE?
GIVE AN ACCOUNT
OF THY STEWARDSHIP;
FOR THOU MAYEST BE
NO LONGER STEWARD.'

3. "Then the steward said
within himself,

'WHAT SHALL I DO?
FOR MY LORD
TAKETH AWAY FROM ME
THE STEWARDSHIP:
I CANNOT DIG;
TO BEG
I AM ASHAMED.
4. 'I AM RESOLVED
WHAT TO DO,
THAT, WHEN I AM
PUT OUT OF
THE STEWARDSHIP,
THEY MAY RECEIVE ME
INTO THEIR HOUSES.'

5. "So he called every one
of his lord's debtors
unto him,
and said unto the first,[/color]

'HOW MUCH OWEST THOU
UNTO MY LORD?'

6. "And he said,

'AN HUNDRED MEASURES
OF OIL.'

And he said unto him,

'TAKE THY BILL,
AND SIT DOWN QUICKLY,
AND WRITE FIFTY.'

7. "Then said he to another,

'AND HOW MUCH OWEST THOU?'

[color=#990000]And he said,

'AN HUNDRED MEASURES
OF WHEAT.'[/i][/b]

And he said unto him,

'TAKE THY BILL,
AND WRITE FOURSCORE.'

8. "And the lord commended
the Unjust Steward,
because he had done wisely:
for the Children of this World
are in their Generation
wiser than
the Children of Light.
9. "And I Say unto you,

'MAKE TO YOURSELVES
FRIENDS OF THE MAMMON
OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS;
THAT, WHEN YE FAIL,
THEY MAY RECEIVE YOU INTO
EVERLASTING HABITATIONS.'

]10. "He that is faithful
in that which is least
is faithful also in much:
and he that is unjust
in the least
is unjust also in much.
11. "If therefore ye
have not been faithful
in the Unrighteous Mammon,
who will commit to your trust
The True Riches?
12. "And if ye have not
been faithful in that
which is another man's,
who shall give you
that which is your own?
13. "No servant can serve
two masters:
for either he will
hate the one,
and love the other;
or else he will
hold to the one,
and despise the other.
Ye cannot serve God
and mammon."

14. And the Pharisees also,
who were covetous,
heard all these things:
and they derided him.

15. And he Said unto them,

"Ye are they
which justify yourselves
before men;
but God knoweth your hearts:
for that which is
highly esteemed
among men is Abomination
in The Sight of God."

Tamaratonye1:

Meanwhile there's the bothersome question of why should your prayer elicit a useful effect when 10,000 people elsewhere with identical belief in the identical god

praying in exactly the same fashion get no effect? Someone believing they're really "that special" compared to everyone else is a social menace because they

have no reason act carefully.

IF MY PRAYER WILL WORK, WHEN THOSE OF 10 MILLION PEOPLE SAYING THE SAME THING I SAY FAIL, IT CAN ONLY BE BECAUSE I AM WORTHY, WHILE THEY ARE NOT.

WHY SHOULD GOD ANSWER MY PRAYERS, WHEN I DON'T WORK FOR HIM?

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:07pm On Oct 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

But you do not want to as your words
"..the minute you have laws to OBEY" Clearly indicate.

again, i wrote the minute you have laws to OBEY in order to enter into this convenant.... so pls stop taking half of what i wrote to make a point. religious laws are in place in order to enter their imaginary heaven and have imaginary eternal life.... while the laws of any country is to protect us as citizen/human being; to uphold our rights as citizens against abuse by other people/organizations and to protect us from the CHAOS that the world would be without laws. pls stop comparing human/coungtry laws with religious laws that are trying to sell you a pipe dream.

In all, in all you are already living in the way and manner you have set for yourself, so you ought not to be bothered about anything after all you Truly Said "you do not have the threat of punishment, since you are a good person".

i am not a sheep, i do not need the threat of harm before i do good.... i know RIGHT from WRONG thus i dont need to enter any religion to be a good person. i am already a good person without religion therefore religion is useless to me, but i do understand that some people are lost clueless beings that need to be controlled like puppets (by religion) in order to do good in their lives.

Raise up a thread on these questions let us meet you there.

lol quick to mention your god/heaven upandan yet cant answer a simple question?!

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
Ototuz:

Sarcasm is only recognized by people with brains. grin
Sarcasm only makes sense when it's appropriate but in this case your proposed sarcasm is misplaced! wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'igbo; Judah. Yoruba; Edom. Hausa; Babylon. These, The Bible Reveals, Are The Re / Do You Want To Find Out How God Speaks To You ? / Between Modern Tithing And The Sale Of Indulgences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.