Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

What Does God Actually Do? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Actually Do? (2094 Views)

Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? / Can God actually talk to you / A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by hupernikao: 10:55am On Oct 19, 2021
GodHead85:

Ok

if you don't mind, I want to ask you some questions....
1. How old were you when you first came to believe in God?
2 Had you read the Bible before you became a believer?
3. What specifically convinced you that Bible God was real?

How does these you asked again relate to the discussion.

I am sure you don't answer exam questions like this in life even not you will be filled with remedial.

Like I told you, focus on discussion. And if you need assistance to understand what is been discussed, ask the OP to give you a class. Don't be ashamed to do that, it's more honorable than uttering confusion.

Don't go around dropping views incoherent with discussion. It's a sign of a poor and bad listener and reader.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by LordReed(m): 11:00am On Oct 19, 2021
oaroloye:
BLASPHEMY IS FUN- UNTIL YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25)

(1) TOTAL RECALL.
(2) EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
(3) TELEKINESIS.
(4) TELEPORTATION.
(5) TRANSLATION.
(6-10) EVERLASTING LIFE.

When you scorn The Way of God, these are the abilities you forfeit first personally, and then socially.

You will never experience them yourself, nor anyone who has them, nor can rehabilitate them in you.

As a result, you suffer the consequences of having no access to Spiritual Abilities.

Including imminent Death.

When you finally do die, you will lose your Soul completely.

Teleport to my house, I will instantly believe in your god.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by hupernikao: 11:05am On Oct 19, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
It's ironic that you accuse me of being emotional since all I've pointed out to you here are cold, hard and bitter pills of truth which, evidently and understandably, you find so very painful to swallow. No matter how much you try to dodge and slither, the naked lies you have told on this thread bear me witness to your unparalleled dishonesty.

Repeating yourself like a broken record is typical of you when you're seriously out of your depth. I'm used to you by now. See you continuously fighting to so hard to escape the 7 feet grave you so magnanimously dug out for yourself. Unfortunately your indignant repetition is doing very little for you here.

And let this be the last time I warn you about your patronizing attitude. Your post reeks of smug condescension. This is your final warning. Keep it up and the tone in my next response to you will be 100% justified.

It doesn't matter how many times you bring this up to save face, I'll continue to rebut it a thousand fold.

The funny thing is, you actually support my position more and more with your posts. The initial quote in my original post concerning "heaven helps those...." is a major staple among most Christians nowadays.

You haven't taken to correction. Take to it that you may do well.

This is simple. Your writeup are full of assumptions. You kept saying

MOST CHRISTIANS.

how many Christians in your current span of life have you met or know? How did you come to this conclusion of yours of saying most Christians. Are your assumption not based on your localized view of Christian around you. Are your most Christians a view of over 50% of Christians all over the world?

You assumed too much and it's affecting your line of thought. Simple state it, That

MOST CHRISTIANS YOU KNOW.

This will be more correct than the former. Hence this premise already render your argument void. So take this correction and live.

Speak base on what you know, what you have seen not what you assumed.

90% of Christians around me don't hold the view you stated is held by "most" Christians. Are you seeing your mistakes. Calm your nerves and see it.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by hupernikao: 11:14am On Oct 19, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
It's ironic that you accuse me of being emotional since all I've pointed out to you here are cold, hard and bitter pills of truth which, evidently and understandably, you find so very painful to swallow. No matter how much you try to dodge and slither, the naked lies you have told on this thread bear me witness to your unparalleled dishonesty.

Repeating yourself like a broken record is typical of you when you're seriously out of your depth. I'm used to you by now. See you continuously fighting to so hard to escape the 7 feet grave you so magnanimously dug out for yourself. Unfortunately your indignant repetition is doing very little for you here.

Know this when discussing with me and live.

I am not one you can use lies and emotions to hold. Not strawman or deliberate accusation can achieve the aim either.

Your antics of name calling than focusing on discussion is a sign of losing the course of the discussion. If you have good conviction and understand what you are saying, you will start focus on discussion than diversionary writing filled with information not relevant to our discussion.

So go back to your learning table, and sieve out your discourse with me, which is filled up with 55% divergence, 40% assumptions and 5% focus. You cant pass any intelligent discuss this way.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by hupernikao: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

You keep harping on and on about me getting the wrong interpretation of scriptures from Christian instructors and needing to be taught properly. I would have accepted your claims and say I was wrong, except your defense raises even more serious problems, and you obviously haven't bothered to sit and ask yourself the honest and important question: Why do so many people, even so called Christians, misrepresent the Bible and draw different conclusions from it? Futhermore, how do I know that my interpretation of scriptures is correct and everyone else is wrong?. You don't want to ask these questions because you know that they rudely interrupt your fantasies and easily call them into question. You don't find it convenient, so you choose to cling to your myopic, subjective reasoning.

Now I don't know if you missed all of this or if you're just too smart for your own good ( wink wink ), but these are two major facts of life I want to bring to your awareness, hupernikao.

[1] You may be smart, but there's a difference between being smart, and being knowledgeable. In fact, there's a whole world of difference between the two.

Your bold above is not the purpose of your OP, bringing that in just confirmed my earlier post that, you either don't know how to keep focus on discussion or deliberately using diversions. I have passed that if you need to truly make a point.

If you are much concern of the bold above, create a different thread to address this, then we can talk there.

But for now, we keep focus on your immediate assumption on Christians around the world.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by hupernikao: 11:26am On Oct 19, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
:
Can't say I'm surprised you had the audacity to say this. I already saw it coming, in your desperation to push all your baseless narratives through your dishonest dodging and slithering, that you will soon stoop to telling bare faced lies. This was my statement in my previous post

You clearly didn't read my last post properly. Talk about rushing into conclusions and making assumptions. Tell me more about reading and understanding deeply. You don't even practice what you preach. You keep proving just how much of a fake you are. You keep claiming access to esoteric wisdom when your signature is ignorance. I never appended any tag to you and you know it.

You are actually the one who is writing and not following your line of thought. My reference to you thinking I am Arminianism or Calvinism wasn't based on your last post alone. Its foundation was found in your earlier post. Where you claimed its the Calvinist view i posited.

You need to follow things you write properly so that you won't accuse others of not reading you well, whereas you are the one who wrote in isolation to your previous thoughts.

So like I told you, my conviction is not based on Calvin view and was never the same. So speaking of them here is irrelevant.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by jamesid29(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

Tamaratonye1 to hupernikao:
You are scripture driven from the position of belief. It has never occurred to you to examine historical context, prose, accuracy, or translation. You accept it all at face value with no doubts whatsoever. That's why you're a Christian; you have been conditioned to accept it all as truth and never question anything.

And that's why you will never understand how other non Christians view your belief system. You are incapable of understanding it because you don't want to hear it in the first place.
In my opinion,These are rather bold and presumptuous assertions to make about someone you've only interacted with online. I kinda doubt you have enough information to come to such conclusions

1 Like

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by hupernikao: 11:47am On Oct 19, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

I was suckled on the Bible and ended up spending a year at Bible institute after high school, and spent every minute I could spare volunteering at church for years after. I have likely forgotten more of the Bible than you currently know.

Everyone who claims to "rightly" understand the scriptures simply dismisses anything that they disagree with as error". You are no different in that regard. And back in the day, I was no different. I know from experience how believers insulate themselves from the cognitive dissonance created by their departures from reason. It spares you having to engage in honest discourse, and most importantly, it means you don't have to engage with the actual points anyone raises with you.

It's unsurprising to know you were sucked in Bible classes, but unfortunately, reading the Bible or attending the best Bible school or becoming the Pope isn't the yard stick of understanding the scriptures.

The scriptures are evident of itself and your thoughts and explanation must be in knowing to all that is said from Genesis to revelation.

Whether you are a critic or a supporter of it, your argument must be sufficient enough to prove that the scriptures was consistent in teaching what you posit as true or as false. [/i]That is how theology is handle.

Take this from my simple heart.
Your days in Bible class or school weren't wasted but definitely you were taught wrongly. You read the scriptures, but the understanding provided to you aren't scriptural. It is well evident even today, that there are places the scriptures are read but not understood. Like I told you, a primer in understanding of the scriptures is consistency of explanation of its theology. Your knowledge of the scripture missed this.

So, please, do allow a proper explanation of the scriptures for you so that you can pick your criticism. I am not here to win argument but I will do all to ensure you interpret the scripture properly even if you want to criticize it. That is what is called honesty and I found that lacking in many who want to criticize the scriptures.

[i]I have heard a million times that atheist are open minded, but the reality of it is false. If you are open minded, you will seek to know the truth of what is written not the lies you have been fed with and hold to form a systematic ideology against a system of knowledge.

If you are open to discussion as you always claim to be open minded, we will examine all you held as and against Christian taught from the scripture and you will find a better landing for your criticism. This doesn't have to convince you about the scriptures but at least, let you judge a book in its honestly and your criticism will come from a true knowledge of what the Bible teacher have the burden to defend.

But as it stands now. You aren't speaking the scriptures heart but what is falsified and spread deliberately or indeliberately for personal gains of erroneous teachers or recognition among the preachers of such falsehood.

I hope you get this and be open to it.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by hupernikao: 11:54am On Oct 19, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

You are scripture driven from the position of belief. It has never occurred to you to examine historical context, prose, accuracy, or translation. You accept it all at face value with no doubts whatsoever. That's why you're a Christian; you have been conditioned to accept it all as truth and never question anything.

And that's why you will never understand how other non Christians view your belief system. You are incapable of understanding it because you don't want to hear it in the first place.

Your middle name should be assumpta grin grin

You will be amazed at how you will be drive to be as I am today, if you give room with open mind to examine to historical context, prose, culture, accuracy and Translation of the scriptures together.

It will be the best journey of knowledge you ever embark on.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Tamaratonye1(f): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2021
jamesid29:

In my opinion,These are rather bold and presumptuous assertions to make about someone you've only interacted with online. I kinda doubt you have enough information to come to such conclusions

Actually he has made his position crystal clear on this thread, as well as others, numerous times and thereby the conclusion I reached is the only reasonable conclusion that can be parsed from his statements.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Tamaratonye1(f): 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2021
hupernikao:
This is starting to get hilarious, why did you partition my reply into multiple posts? Is this your own rendition of the Gish gallop fallacy? LOL

[1] You claim that the view in my OP is not biblical and that not all Christians believe, right? Well, hupernikao, all Christians believe, or have faith, that supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena exist in the real world. This points to a common delusional state of mind shared by the 2.382 billion Christians inhabiting the planet - or, effectively, an entity.

[2] You claim that my arguments are based on assumption. But you forget your own misplaced assumption that the bible is inerrant, and that God and gods exist. Those are assumptions simply because you have no empirical evidence supporting those claims.

[3] You claim that everything I say about the Bible is in divergence to all the Bible stands for and they weren't taught in the Bible. You know what, you're right. Of course they are because I'm an atheist who regards your holy book as - put simply - a collection of half-truths, misinformation, mythology, fabrications, duplicity, and deliberate lies.

[4] You claim that I've been fed with wrong information. Well guess what? Just as you and every Christian on the planet has been. Fed by people tasked with convincing you from an early age - ministers of religion, parents, evangelists, school teachers etc - that biblical scripture is infallible, reliable, well-founded, and flawless. Which of course, to any skeptical 21st-century investigator, it is not. You've fallen for the same trap that you wrongly accuse me of falling for.

[5] You want to talk to me about " scriptural truth" without showing any evidence for it. You've simply and uncritically accepted - without any of the due skepticism that a competent researcher must have - that what you've read in your holy book, and/or what you've been told by people with a vested interest is in fact all true.

[6] You claim I tagged you a Calvinist. If you're not being dishonest, please provide evidence for your claim.

[7] As an atheist, I really don't give two flying bleeps as to whether or not you take my criticism "seriously". You seem to have forgotten that I am an atheist.

[8] I attended Bible classes, but I don't remember anything about yardsticks, or any kind of corporal punishment at all.

From what I can observe, you can't tell the difference between made-up theistic commandments and general social understandings far older than religion. The requirements of tending to the elderly and not stealing from or killing a neighbor go back way further than organized religions. Organized religions merely codify local practices. They also mythologize the origins of morality, just like they mythologize the origin of the world. Organized religions simply redefine such things as coming from God, and the credulous believe them.

Trying to win arguments by defining yourself as good and others as bad is the very definition of self-righteousness. I honestly thought you were better than this. Of course, the priests running religions benefit in social status from misleading other people, just as they were misled themselves. Religions are like pyramid schemes. At some point, you religious people need to question your assumptions and listen to different, better interpretations.

This discussion is clearly not going anywhere, so I'm done here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by jamesid29(m): 5:26pm On Oct 19, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

Actually he has made his position crystal clear on this thread, as well as others, numerous times and thereby the conclusion I reached is the only reasonable conclusion that can be parsed from his statements.
Quite the contrary ma'am, hupernikao has shown he does take the historical, literary context of the Bible serious in his interpretations. Just because you don't agree with him doesn't negate that fact.

Secondly ma'am, even if you've had a thousand conversations with someone online (which I doubt you've had in this case), it's still impossible to make conclusive statements about a person's mental state except they expressly state it by themselves(which I doubt that's the case in this scenario).
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

Well

I wasn't referring to him when I asked you that question the other time

I have met someone that's worse on issues like this

But that doesn't mean you should be waiting for Jesus to come back
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by hupernikao: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

This is starting to get hilarious, why did you partition my reply into multiple posts? Is this your own rendition of the Gish gallop fallacy? LOL

[1] You claim that the view in my OP is not biblical and that not all Christians believe, right? Well, hupernikao, all Christians believe, or have faith, that supernatural entities and paranormal phenomena exist in the real world. This points to a common delusional state of mind shared by the 2.382 billion Christians inhabiting the planet - or, effectively, an entity.

[2] You claim that my arguments are based on assumption. But you forget your own misplaced assumption that the bible is inerrant, and that God and gods exist. Those are assumptions simply because you have no empirical evidence supporting those claims.

[3] You claim that everything I say about the Bible is in divergence to all the Bible stands for and they weren't taught in the Bible. You know what, you're right. Of course they are because I'm an atheist who regards your holy book as - put simply - a collection of half-truths, misinformation, mythology, fabrications, duplicity, and deliberate lies.

[4] You claim that I've been fed with wrong information. Well guess what? Just as you and every Christian on the planet has been. Fed by people tasked with convincing you from an early age - ministers of religion, parents, evangelists, school teachers etc - that biblical scripture is infallible, reliable, well-founded, and flawless. Which of course, to any skeptical 21st-century investigator, it is not. You've fallen for the same trap that you wrongly accuse me of falling for.

[5] You want to talk to me about " scriptural truth" without showing any evidence for it. You've simply and uncritically accepted - without any of the due skepticism that a competent researcher must have - that what you've read in your holy book, and/or what you've been told by people with a vested interest is in fact all true.

[6] You claim I tagged you a Calvinist. If you're not being dishonest, please provide evidence for your claim.

[7] As an atheist, I really don't give two flying bleeps as to whether or not you take my criticism "seriously". You seem to have forgotten that I am an atheist.

[8] I attended Bible classes, but I don't remember anything about yardsticks, or any kind of corporal punishment at all.

From what I can observe, you can't tell the difference between made-up theistic commandments and general social understandings far older than religion. The requirements of tending to the elderly and not stealing from or killing a neighbor go back way further than organized religions. Organized religions merely codify local practices. They also mythologize the origins of morality, just like they mythologize the origin of the world. Organized religions simply redefine such things as coming from God, and the credulous believe them.

Trying to win arguments by defining yourself as good and others as bad is the very definition of self-righteousness. I honestly thought you were better than this. Of course, the priests running religions benefit in social status from misleading other people, just as they were misled themselves. Religions are like pyramid schemes. At some point, you religious people need to question your assumptions and listen to different, better interpretations.

This discussion is clearly not going anywhere, so I'm done here.

Firstly, I partition your messages because I love separating issues, you are muddling many things up just as you did above again and a basic way of exposing hidden thoughts is to partition them so as to handle each issue separately. I don't think you should find that bad.

Your wirteup already showed that your heart wants to listen but your mind is adamant based on reasons best known to you. Help your mind, this isn't an argument of I win or you win. You must know this.

Secondly, Leave all these emotional blackmail. I have told you i am more than that.

Take simple correction and live. You can't be discussing what you are supposed to be learning. I have shown you over and over again, that your knowledge premise of the scripture is faulty. This doesn't mean I demean your intelligence, but as per the scriptures, you need a lot to learn to know what it truly teaches.

An if you feel otherwise, all you need to do is to prove me wrong not throwing emotions.

Lastly, if no one has told you this before, take this as a truth about your knowledge of Christianity and the scriptures. They are based on much assumptions. Facts aren't seen in all you put forward. You are only speaking assumptions. You will feel exposed if you are put on a spotlight to discuss what you think you know about it. This is the reasons you can't face the main issues here but dragging sidetrack rather than driving on the main road.

I have told you, I can even make you a better critic of the scriptures by helping you correct your wrong premises. By giving you the right information about what the Bible teaches then you can start drawing your dagger from there since you feel you are in the opposite of its methodology.

But for now. Don't let's leave the focus. Or better still let's discuss your issues with scriptures than trying to bring in strawman actions.

So, Ma, calm down much, that is how we can move ahead.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 20, 2021
hupernikao:

Firstly, I partition your messages because I love separating issues, you are muddling many things up just as you did above again and a basic way of exposing hidden thoughts is to partition them so as to handle each issue separately. I don't think you should find that bad.

Your wirteup already showed that your heart wants to listen but your mind is adamant based on reasons best known to you. Help your mind, this isn't an argument of I win or you win. You must know this.

Secondly, Leave all these emotional blackmail. I have told you i am more than that.

Take simple correction and live. You can't be discussing what you are supposed to be learning. I have shown you over and over again, that your knowledge premise of the scripture is faulty. This doesn't mean I demean your intelligence, but as per the scriptures, you need a lot to learn to know what it truly teaches.

An if you feel otherwise, all you need to do is to prove me wrong not throwing emotions.

Lastly, if no one has told you this before, take this as a truth about your knowledge of Christianity and the scriptures. They are based on much assumptions. Facts aren't seen in all you put forward. You are only speaking assumptions. You will feel exposed if you are put on a spotlight to discuss what you think you know about it. This is the reasons you can't face the main issues here but dragging sidetrack rather than driving on the main road.

I have told you, I can even make you a better critic of the scriptures by helping you correct your wrong premises. By giving you the right information about what the Bible teaches then you can start drawing your dagger from there since you feel you are in the opposite of its methodology.

But for now. Don't let's leave the focus. Or better still let's discuss your issues with scriptures than trying to bring in strawman actions.

So, Ma, calm down much, that is how we can move ahead.

Please

Can you help me with any amount of money?

I will be very grateful

Please.......

I need to get some foodstuffs
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by oaroloye(m): 11:59am On Oct 20, 2021
LordReed:

Teleport to my house, I will instantly believe in your god.

. MATTHEW 24:21-26.

21. "For then shall be Great Tribulation,
such as was not since
the Beginning of the World
to this time,
no, nor ever shall be.
22. "And except those days
should be shortened,
there should no flesh be saved:
but for the Elect's sake
those days shall be shortened.
23. "Then if any man shall say unto you,

'LO, HERE IS CHRIST, OR THERE;'

believe it not.

24. "For there shall arise False Christs,
and False Prophets,
and shall shew Great Signs and Wonders;
insomuch that,
if it were possible,
they shall deceive the very Elect.
25. "Behold, I have told you before.
26. "Wherefore if they shall say unto you,

'BEHOLD, HE IS IN THE DESERT;'

go not forth:

'BEHOLD, HE IS IN THE SECRET CHAMBERS;'

believe it not."

YOU ARE REALLY THIS STUPID? ALL GODS TELEPORT!

That is all it takes for you to change your allegiance- someone show you a Sign or a Wonder?

You do not believe in the Righteousness of my God- but you will "Believe in Him," if He demonstrated the least of His Powers?

What does that say about you?

YOUR "Belief" is NOT acceptable.

I DO NOT CLAIM TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO TELEPORT, YOU IDIOT! I CLAIM THAT GOD GAVE THE ABILITY TO TELEPORT TO ALL OF US!

But you have peed on your Divine Inheritance, and as such will never experience Teleportation until the Day you die.

. PSALM 1:1-6.

BLESSED is the man
that walketh not in The Counsel of the Ungodly,
nor standeth in The Way of Sinners,
nor sitteth in The Seat of the Scornful.
2. But his delight is in The Law of The LORD;
and in His Law doth he meditate day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree
planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither;
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4. The Ungodly are not so:
but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5. Therefore the Ungodly shall not stand in the Judgment,
nor Sinners in the Congregation of the Righteous.
6. For The LORD knoweth The Way of the Righteous:
but the Way of the Ungodly shall perish.

THAT DOOR MAY NOW BE CLOSED TO YOU FOR EVER.

Who will open It for you?

But that is not your greatest concern.

IF YOU PERISH WITHOUT TOTAL RECALL, YOU WILL HAVE NO AFTERLIFE.

How can you be so foolish as to ignore that?

You are happy with the fact that Western Education is deliberately rigged[ to ensure that you lose more than 90% of your Conscious Awareness, by age 20?

[See: DIANETICS: The Modern Science of Mental Health, by L. Ron Hubbard.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda (1985)
THE PRODIGY: The Biography of WILLIAM JAMES SIDIS- America's greatest Child Prodigy, by Amy Wallace (1986).
THE POWER OF SILENCE, by Carlos Castaneda (1987).
THE EINSTEIN FACTOR: A Proven New Method for Increasing Your Intelligence, by Win Wenger and Richard Poe (1995).
THE DELIBERATE DUMBING-DOWN OF AMERICA: A Chronological Paper-Trail, by Charlotte Iserbyt (1999).]

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by LordReed(m): 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
oaroloye:

. MATTHEW 24:21-26.

21. "For then shall be Great Tribulation,
such as was not since
the Beginning of the World
to this time,
no, nor ever shall be.
22. "And except those days
should be shortened,
there should no flesh be saved:
but for the Elect's sake
those days shall be shortened.
23. "Then if any man shall say unto you,

'LO, HERE IS CHRIST, OR THERE;'

believe it not.

24. "For there shall arise False Christs,
and False Prophets,
and shall shew Great Signs and Wonders;
insomuch that,
if it were possible,
they shall deceive the very Elect.
25. "Behold, I have told you before.
26. "Wherefore if they shall say unto you,

'BEHOLD, HE IS IN THE DESERT;'

go not forth:

'BEHOLD, HE IS IN THE SECRET CHAMBERS;'

believe it not."

YOU ARE REALLY THIS STUPID? ALL GODS TELEPORT!

That is all it takes for you to change your allegiance- someone show you a Sign or a Wonder?

You do not believe in the Righteousness of my God- but you will "Believe in Him," if He demonstrated the least of His Powers?

What does that say about you?

YOUR "Belief" is NOT acceptable.

I DO NOT CLAIM TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO TELEPORT, YOU IDIOT! I CLAIM THAT GOD GAVE THE ABILITY TO TELEPORT TO ALL OF US!

But you have peed on your Divine Inheritance, and as such will never experience Teleportation until the Day you die.

. PSALM 1:1-6.

BLESSED is the man
that walketh not in The Counsel of the Ungodly,
nor standeth in The Way of Sinners,
nor sitteth in The Seat of the Scornful.
2. But his delight is in The Law of The LORD;
and in His Law doth he meditate day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree
planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither;
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4. The Ungodly are not so:
but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5. Therefore the Ungodly shall not stand in the Judgment,
nor Sinners in the Congregation of the Righteous.
6. For The LORD knoweth The Way of the Righteous:
but the Way of the Ungodly shall perish.

THAT DOOR MAY NOW BE CLOSED TO YOU FOR EVER.

Who will open It for you?

But that is not your greatest concern.

IF YOU PERISH WITHOUT TOTAL RECALL, YOU WILL HAVE NO AFTERLIFE.

How can you be so foolish as to ignore that?

You are happy with the fact that Western Education is deliberately rigged[ to ensure that you lose more than 90% of your Conscious Awareness, by age 20?

[See: DIANETICS: The Modern Science of Mental Health, by L. Ron Hubbard.
THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda (1985)
THE PRODIGY: The Biography of WILLIAM JAMES SIDIS- America's greatest Child Prodigy, by Amy Wallace (1986).
THE POWER OF SILENCE, by Carlos Castaneda (1987).
THE EINSTEIN FACTOR: A Proven New Method for Increasing Your Intelligence, by Win Wenger and Richard Poe (1995).
THE DELIBERATE DUMBING-DOWN OF AMERICA: A Chronological Paper-Trail, by Charlotte Iserbyt (1999).]

Oga I no dey for your long tori, teleport to my house das all.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Actually Do? by hupernikao: 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2021
Crystyano:

Please

Can you help me with any amount of money?

I will be very grateful

Please.......

I need to get some foodstuffs

Bro, this is better done in a dm or is it PM nairaland calls it. You can do that.
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 20, 2021
hupernikao:

Bro, this is better done in a dm or is it PM nairaland calls it. You can do that.

I have tried to send an email

Did you receive any??

I will be grateful if you can help me
Re: What Does God Actually Do? by OneManLegion(m): 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

Just in case it missed you, but I know it didn't because I now recognize your modus operandi, which is to hand wave apparent facts away anytime you get cornered in an argument; I've already addressed your arguments on "man's help" in this thread so it's intellectually lazy and quite insulting to come back and claim your stance is still valid without any reasonable justification. Although its not surprising, given that you did this in a previous thread of mine not long ago, claiming "gaps" in my reasoning but failing to prove these gaps despite being requested to do so. Why you always think you can bamboozle me with these cheap tricks is beyond me. And please stop patronizing me in your posts, it makes me want to throw up.

Also, I never attributed anything directly to the Bible. If you're not being dishonest, I invite you to take any line from my topic to prove this. In my original post, I was specifically referring to the things Christians generally teach and advocate, not the Bible. This is precisely why I noted it as a cognitive dissonance in Christianity. Whether such teachings are found in scripture is a completely new debate you fabricated to sidestep the major point of my discussion.

Now you claimed that "...decision on the scriptures shouldn't be based on what is generally said or accepted around but what the scriptures taught.". But isn't this problematic when the scriptures you speak of are, by design, vague enough that there isn't wide agreement on many important aspects of what they supposedly mean? That is why you have people drawing completely different conclusions from the same book.

Arminianism vs Calvinism is a good case in point. The role of grace vs works, of god's judgment vs his mercy and love, and other nuances of emphasis. Major differences in practical application ranging from people you couldn't tell from the general population to people wearing clothing from the 19th century. There was a group called the Shakers in the mid 19th century that were entirely celibate, not just the clergy. Predictably they aren't around anymore. The list is basically endless. And then we have people like you who are claiming to have carefully studied it and accomplished what theologians for millennia have failed at: figuring out the correct interpretation.

The scriptures are sufficiently daft that they made the decision for me. I was a de facto atheist by age seven. You keep saying things like "God's satisfaction," "God's word," etc., as if the existence of your divine buddy were a fait accompli. Nope, not around here it isn't. You seem to forget not everyone on this site is a Christian. Your interpretation of these archaic books is just one among many, and you have not given me any reason to take you seriously. So get down off your high horse instead of pretending that you have any qualifications to teach me.

All holy books are vague templates upon which the current generation can project whatever they want, to validate what they need to in the moment. There are dozens of major and conflicting traditions of Christianity alone, and technically tens of thousands of denominations. And that doesn't even include the free-formers who decide for themselves what they want it to mean. Well, no thanks. Not any more. I've left that behind decades ago, and don't miss it at all.

These are clear truths that you can't and won't ever respond to. You are a nothing but a phony and a liar of the highest order. And it's a shame, because you appeared to be capable of sensible debate. This isn't the first time we've crossed paths on this site, and you seem to be plunging deeper and deeper into the abyss of dishonesty with each meeting. LOL. Continue to deceive yourself. Your god has always been the father of lies, so I'm sure he'll be much pleased with you.

This is impressive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Bishop Oyedepo’s 100,000 Seat Auditorium Under Construction / Was Jesus The Prophesied Messiah? Let's Look At The Evidence. / The Forbidden Fruit Mystery!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.