Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Similarities Between Religion And Cults. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Similarities Between Religion And Cults. (2615 Views)

Difference Between Religion And Tradition. / The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ / Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MightySparrow: 12:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

What exactly are you driving at with this case of covenant? smiley

Similarlies the topic we are debating.
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by bobestman(m): 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

So how do you solve the problem of WARS when one community will arrange for weapons to destroy another community? smiley
Do you want to tell me that Wars are stopped thru Religion or Religious people? There had been wars on earth before Religion. There was even a War in heaven according to your Bible. Wars are as a result of disagreement between two or more parties and the right way to stop is when a certain people arise and preach peace for a Peaceful Co-existence among the parties. All these had been happening before they brought Religion so don't tell me it's Christians who stop it.

Moreso the Wars, troubles in these endtimes can't be stopped. It is a sign for the birth of a New World!
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
bobestman:

Do you want to tell me that Wars are stopped thru Religion or Religious people? There had been wars on earth before Religion. There was even a War in heaven according to your Bible. Wars are as a result of disagreement between two or more parties and the right way to stop is when a certain people arise and preach peace for a Peaceful Co-existence among the parties. All these had been happening before they brought Religion so don't tell me it's Christians who stop it.

Moreso the Wars, troubles in these endtimes can't be stopped. It is a sign for the birth of a New World!

Well i'm happy to tell you that true Christians don't pick up weapons against their fellowman {Matthew 26:52} and that's what over 8.7 millions of them have vowed never to do again even though that's what they've been doing before their conversion. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

So do you think wars will cease globally if everyone becomes a Christian or not? Psalms 46:9 smiley
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2021
MightySparrow:

Similarlies the topic we are debating.

I'm not debating with the atheist or agnostic, my interest is to prove that cultists are political while true religion is about willingly submitting to God's plan!
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MightySparrow: 7:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I'm not debating with the atheist or agnostic, my interest is to prove that cultists are political while true religion is about willingly submitting to God's plan!

Submitting to God or GB?
My God and I forbid!..

Anyways, Gal.3 15
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by bobestman(m): 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well i'm happy to tell you that true Christians don't pick up weapons against their fellowman {Matthew 26:52} and that's what over 8.7 millions of them have vowed never to do again even though that's what they've been doing before their conversion. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

So do you think wars will cease globally if everyone becomes a Christian or not? Psalms 46:9 smiley

Have you tried them and see if they don't pick? If they fight, insult when angry or pick up arms to retaliate will you know? Are you monitoring them? You can't control people's behaviour no matter what you tell them. This is why I tell you that what religion does is to control people's life. Many of you are ignorant of the Bible you read. Self-defence is not sin. You will not sheepishly stand and allow someone hurt you with a weapon when you have a weapon by your side. The one you all call Christ came as lamb and will soon come as a lion - He will war to liberate his people that his garment will be soaked with blood. If such a person comes today and you see the way he kill and destroy his enemies will you see him as a good person? This is why I tell many of you that you don't know who you call Jesus. Many of such things He will do will happen in a way many of you won't understand cos that book is not for you people. You are all reading a translated work so you all have know knowledge of what is truly there or how it will happen. And I tell you again know one knows exactly how it will happen untill that day.

If one chooses to stay away from War. It will be counted to Him as Righteousness. Fighting to defend yourself is not wrong also. In a War, it is either you kill or be killed. You have to fight or die like fowl. The Bible is all about Wars. Many died fighting. The people of Isreal killed during Wars, it's not counted as sin to them. Wake up man!
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:28am On Oct 30, 2021
bobestman:

Have you tried them and see if they don't pick? If they fight, insult when angry or pick up arms to retaliate will you know? Are you monitoring them? You can't control people's behaviour no matter what you tell them. This is why I tell you that what religion does is to control people's life. Many of you are ignorant of the Bible you read. Self-defence is not sin. You will not sheepishly stand and allow someone hurt you with a weapon when you have a weapon by your side. The one you all call Christ came as lamb and will soon come as a lion - He will war to liberate his people that his garment will be soaked with blood. If such a person comes today and you see the way he kill and destroy his enemies will you see him as a good person? This is why I tell many of you that you don't know who you call Jesus. Many of such things He will do will happen in a way many of you won't understand cos that book is not for you people. You are all reading a translated work so you all have know knowledge of what is truly there or how it will happen. And I tell you again know one knows exactly how it will happen untill that day.
If one chooses to stay away from War. It will be counted to Him as Righteousness. Fighting to defend yourself is not wrong also. In a War, it is either you kill or be killed. You have to fight or die like fowl. The Bible is all about Wars. Many died fighting. The people of Isreal killed during Wars, it's not counted as sin to them. Wake up man!

My friend, whenever you hear something you need to think deeply before responding that's what makes you intelligent not just responding without deep thoughts!

I now know that God's word makes people wiser than all intellectuals from any field so let me enlighten on WARS.
I was a Muslim and a soldier before i converted to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses. WARS is about many people agreeing to carry weapons against many people not just one man fighting another man.
So if two persons have a disagreement the best thing for others to do is settle the matter amicably between the two instead of taking sides. Jehovah's Witnesses taught me this through the study of the Bible so now ask yourself if supporting one side against another on an uncertain path which will eventually lead to countless deaths in both sides and settling matters between people which one makes more sense to you as a person? smiley

Well Jehovah's Witnesses used Jesus' words to erase racism and politics from the brains of anyone who study the Bible with them so in any nation Jehovah's Witnesses there will never support one side against another so if everyody becomes Jehovah's Witnesses WARS will cease globally {Psalms 46:9} but Satan is making people feel that they must take sides so people keep killing people everyday.
Whichever side you support doesn't put an end to the enmity whether you win the war or loose the war large number of people will die in both sides, Revelations 6:3-4
Jehovah's Witnesses taught me all these so now use your brains and reason why you must support one side against another when all we want is peace! smiley
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by bobestman(m): 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

My friend, whenever you hear something you need to think deeply before responding that's what makes you intelligent not just responding without deep thoughts!

I now know that God's word makes people wiser than all intellectuals from any field so let me enlighten on WARS.
I was a Muslim and a soldier before i converted to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses. WARS is about many people agreeing to carry weapons against many people not just one man fighting another man.
So if two persons have a disagreement the best thing for others to do is settle the matter amicably between the two instead of taking sides. Jehovah's Witnesses taught me this through the study of the Bible so now ask yourself if supporting one side against another on an uncertain path which will eventually lead to countless deaths in both sides and settling matters between people which one makes more sense to you as a person? smiley

Well Jehovah's Witnesses used Jesus' words to erase racism and politics from the brains of anyone who study the Bible with them so in any nation Jehovah's Witnesses there will never support one side against another so if everyody becomes Jehovah's Witnesses WARS will cease globally {Psalms 46:9} but Satan is making people feel that they must take sides so people keep killing people everyday.
Whichever side you support doesn't put an end to the enmity whether you win the war or loose the war large number of people will die in both sides, Revelations 6:3-4
Jehovah's Witnesses taught me all these so now use your brains and reason why you must support one side against another when all we want is peace! smiley

You are still Ignorant and lack knowledge. Your case is likened to a slave who wish to hang himself cos of his sufferings but was helped and put in a a little better role in his job. Better than the first. The fact remain that He is still a slave. Cos JW's set you free from the bondage of Wars, you want everybody to become JW? What about those who were set free themselves without JW intervention or any Christians? They just realize that all that are wrong and decide to change. Do you know that Books and Bible were written cos many fail to heed. In the begining all the Laws were written in our hearts sealed in our conscience. We know what is good and bad. If we do what is bad we try to repent when we come to our senses. Your JW and Christians are not the the one who stopped many Wars in ancient times and brought peace. Even in this era, many people who are sent to bring peace in a time of Wars are not Christians. Many of them have degrees in Conflict Resolutions. They can be and not be Christians. Cos JW's set you free from Wars, you now want everybody to become JW. JW is a Religion and they are set up to do those works. Religion control how people think and behave. Come out from JW and seek the father for yourself and see the true light.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
bobestman:

You are still Ignorant and lack knowledge. Your case is likened to a slave who wish to hang himself cos of his sufferings but was helped and put in a a little better role in his job. Better than the first. The fact remain that He is still a slave. Cos JW's set you free from the bondage of Wars, you want everybody to become JW? What about those who were set free themselves without JW intervention or any Christians? They just realize that all that are wrong and decide to change. Do you know that Books and Bible were written cos many fail to heed. In the begining all the Laws were written in our hearts sealed in our conscience. We know what is good and bad. If we do what is bad we try to repent when we come to our senses. Your JW and Christians are not the the one who stopped many Wars in ancient times and brought peace. Even in this era, many people who are sent to bring peace in a time of Wars are not Christians. Many of them have degrees in Conflict Resolutions. They can be and not be Christians. Cos JW's set you free from Wars, you now want everybody to become JW. JW is a Religion and they are set up to do those works. Religion control how people think and behave. Come out from JW and seek the father for yourself and see the true light.

You're deceiving yourself! cheesy

Name just one group apart from Jehovah's Witnesses that has erased RACISM and POLITICS leading to WARS from the heart of all their members globally! smiley
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by bobestman(m): 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're deceiving yourself! cheesy

Name just one group apart from Jehovah's Witnesses that has erased RACISM and POLITICS leading to WARS from the heart of all their members globally! smiley

Hahaha you think everyone is like your JW who do Charity works and make everyone see what they are doing to receive praise from men. Doing Charity works or good works doesn't make anyone spiritual. You are spiritual if you have a good relationship with your maker and add godly works to it. Many people and groups Volunteer to do that but don't make noise.
The Bible is a Hebrew Text not a book for any Religion. Anyone can read it and learn to have a good life. It's existed as scripture before some religious people twisted its contents and call it Bible.

Wake up man
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by Janosky: 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
bobestman:

Hahaha you think everyone is like your JW who do Charity works and make everyone see what they are doing to receive praise from men. Doing Charity works or good works doesn't make anyone spiritual. You are spiritual if you have a good relationship with your maker and add godly works to it. Many people and groups Volunteer to do that but don't make noise.
The Bible is a Hebrew Text not a book for any Religion. Anyone can read it and learn to have a good life. It's existed as scripture before some religious people twisted its contents and call it Bible.

Wake up man
Which charity work done by JWs have you seen the JWs invite the News media to do coverage or publicity?
Your claim is NOT true.
Wake up man! grin
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
bobestman:

The Bible is a Hebrew Text not a book for any Religion. Anyone can read it and learn to have a good life. It's existed as scripture before some religious people twisted its contents and call it Bible. Wake up man

My first question to you:
"how do you think people can stop WARS?"

Jesus taught his followers how to make PEACE reign throughout the earth and his true disciples today (Jehovah's Witnesses) are using Jesus' teachings to erase RACISM and POLITICS from the brains of people. But you're here deceiving yourself that it's charity works please answer my question

How do you expect peace to reign globally if you don't believe in the effort of people from all races working and achieving it within them?

Or better still present a group of people who has succeeded in making all their followers to accept peace so that RACISM and POLITICS will not cause WARS again! cheesy
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by bobestman(m): 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
Janosky:

Which charity work done by JWs have you seen the JWs invite the News media to do coverage or publicity?
Your claim is NOT true.
Wake up man! grin
The way you guys carry the whole thing and glorify yourselves as the only true Christians cos of the little Charity works you do is enough
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by bobestman(m): 12:00am On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

My first question to you:
"how do you think people can stop WARS?"

Jesus taught his followers how to make PEACE reign throughout the earth and his true disciples today (Jehovah's Witnesses) are using Jesus' teachings to erase RACISM and POLITICS from the brains of people. But you're here deceiving yourself that it's charity works please answer my question

How do you expect peace to reign globally if you don't believe in the effort of people from all races working and achieving it within them?

Or better still present a group of people who has succeeded in making all their followers to accept peace so that RACISM and POLITICS will not cause WARS again! cheesy
Keep asking yourself questions. I don't have time for all that thrash cos I know where it all will end.
Do you know who Jesus is spiritually?
All you know are the the things programmed into your brain by ndi JW's and the little they taught you from the Bible.
I tells you the truth far deeper that whatever you know. All your Religions are just chasing carrots. Soon all of them will collapse. The truth when it comes will swallow them all including your JW. They are all created by Men. Non of you in Religion and those outside it know what truly happened in that Bible you carry. When the time for the truth to be revealed comes, you will know it and your JW will be know where by then. JW is a Religion. All Religion were created by Men to control them with their yokes (doctrines). They all claim to be the best in their various platoons. You all are decieving yourselves. The Creator and His son created no Religion. Find the narrow way which is the true way by establishing a relationship with your maker. You need not the help of anyone or religion to do that cos they will all fail you.

1 Like

Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:20am On Oct 31, 2021
bobestman:

Keep asking yourself questions. I don't have time for all that thrash cos I know where it all will end.
Do you know who Jesus is spiritually?
All you know are the the things programmed into your brain by ndi JW's and the little they taught you from the Bible.
I tells you the truth far deeper that whatever you know. All your Religions are just chasing carrots. Soon all of them will collapse. The truth when it comes will swallow them all including your JW. They are all created by Men. Non of you in Religion and those outside it know what truly happened in that Bible you carry. When the time for the truth to be revealed comes, you will know it and your JW will be know where by then. JW is a Religion. All Religion were created by Men to control them with their yokes (doctrines). They all claim to be the best in their various platoons. You all are decieving yourselves. The Creator and His son created no Religion. Find the narrow way which is the true way by establishing a relationship with your maker. You need not the help of anyone or religion to do that cos they will all fail you.

You want to talk about the Creator but the works of the Creator you don't want to talk about how to keep it in peaceful conditions, my friend you don't know what you're saying because if you don't have LOVE for the created that you're seeing how can you prove that you love the Creator whom you can't even see? cheesy

Jehovah's Witnesses talked about the Creator and by the way they treat the created they're proving that they truly love the Maker, but you want to talk about the Creator yet how do you solve the problem leading the created into killing themselves you don't want to talk about it, guy you may be deceiving yourself but you can't deceive right thinking persons.
Accept Jesus' teachings today so that you can see clearly how to LOVE both the Creator and His works (the CREATED)
Jesus said:

Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’ The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29-31 smiley

Sentiment can't blur the sense of others if you allow it to blur yours, if you don't learn how to LOVE your neighbours that you're seeing there is no way you can love God whom you're not seeing!

If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For the one who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen
1John 4:20

Ọ̀RẸ́, stop deceiving yourself! wink
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by oteneaaron(m): 10:07am On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You want to talk about the Creator but the works of the Creator you don't want to talk about how to keep it in peaceful conditions, my friend you don't know what you're saying because if you don't have LOVE for the created that you're seeing how can you prove that you love the Creator whom you can't even see? cheesy

Jehovah's Witnesses talked about the Creator and by the way they treat the created they're proving that they truly love the Maker, but you want to talk about the Creator yet how do you solve the problem leading the created into killing themselves you don't want to talk about it, guy you may be deceiving yourself but you can't deceive right thinking persons.
Accept Jesus' teachings today so that you can see clearly how to LOVE both the Creator and His works (the CREATED)
Jesus said:

Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’ The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these. Mark 12:29-31 smiley

Sentiment can't blur the sense of others if you allow it to blur yours, if you don't learn how to LOVE your neighbours that you're seeing there is no way you can love God whom you're not seeing!

If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For the one who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen

I just had to say this to you bro.

I completely understand where you're coming from.

I can feel your enthusiasm as a new JW.

When did you get baptized?

I know you feel happy and excited that you have learned the "TRUTH"

I know that you're ecstatic that during the war of Amargedon, you and the rest of over 8million JWs will survive while the rest of mankind will die, and birds from heaven will feed off their flesh.

Well, coming from someone who got baptized into the organization since 2004, let me burst your bubble.

The organization isn't really what we thought it was.

The GB has placed themselves as the direct link to Jehovah God Almighty - pushing Jesus Christ off the stage.

I know it is going to be very hard to accept, and your first thought is going to be - "this guy must be an apostate.."

My sincere advice for you bro, try to do some research about the true history of the organization.

Try to retrace your steps back to when Pastor Charles Taze Russell left the Seventh Day Adventist and founded the Watchtower Corporation.

To begin your research, read this book written by Raymond Franz a former member of the governing body.

The book is titled - Crisis of Conscience : The struggle between loyalty to God, and loyalty to one's Religion.

I know you love God and really want to please him, but what you think you know about the organization is far different from what is really happening.

Disclaimer -

I am not claiming to be perfect or saying I have found the perfect religion.

I just simply believe that Jesus died for ME.

I now believe that I have direct access to God and don't need to be loyal to any Man or any Religion.

No Ministerial Servant, Elder, Circuit overseer, District Overseer, Branch Committee Member or any member of the Governing Body - deserves my loyalty and reverence.

Only God and Jesus Christ have that unrestricted access to my worship and loyalty.

After all, Jesus said - I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me (not the GB or organization)

I come in peace.
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
oteneaaron:

I just had to say this to you bro.
I completely understand where you're coming from. I can feel your enthusiasm as a new JW.
When did you get baptized? I know you feel happy and excited that you have learned the "TRUTH" I know that you're ecstatic that during the war of Amargedon, you and the rest of over 8million JWs will survive while the rest of mankind will die, and birds will from heaven will feed off their flesh. Well, coming from someone who got baptized into the organization since 2004, let me burst your bubble. The organization isn't really what we thought it was. The GB has placed themselves as the direct link to Jehovah - pushing Jesus Christ off the stage. I know it is going to be very hard to accept, and your first thought is going to be - "this guy must be an apostate.."
My sincere advice for you bro, try to do some research about the true history of the organization. Try to retrace your steps back to when Pastor Charles Taze Russell left the Seventh Day Adventist and founded the Watchtower Corporation. To begin your research, read this book written by Raymond Franz a former member of the governing body. The book is called - Crisis of Conscience : The struggle between loyalty to God, and loyalty to one's Religion. I know you love God and really want to please him, but what you think you know about the organization is far different from what is really happening. Disclaimer - I am not claiming to be perfect or saying I have found the perfect religion. I just simply believe that Jesus died for ME. I now believe that I have direct access to God and don't need to be loyal to any Man or any Religion. No Ministerial Servant, Elder, Circuit overseer, District Overseer, Branch Committee Member or any member of the Governing Body - deserves my loyalty and reverence. Only God and Jesus Christ have that unrestricted access to my worship and loyalty. After all, Jesus said - I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No one comes to Father except through Me (not the GB or organization) I come in peace.

First of all i don't know the reason why you quoted me, secondly i'm not your brother but neighbour so can you go straight to the point you're trying to make regarding the topic of discussion?

As for the history of Jehovah's Witnesses organization, i have done lots and lots of research on that and have found out that this is the one and only group practicing pure worship.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by Nothingserious: 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
SSIPON:
Most religions today started out as cults.

Cults are actively looking for new members, just like religion.
Cults have a "sacred* meeting day, just like religion.
Getting into a cult, is easy, getting out of it is hard and could even lead to loss of life, Just like religion.
Cults believe that their own cult is the one and the only and all other cults are wrong, just like religion.
Cults have laws that must be followed no matter what, just like religion.
Cults have their own dress code, just like religion.
Cults advise parents to indoctrinate their children into the cult as early as possible, just like religion.

Feel free to add yours coolcool

I will add that cults are always copying religion.

I will also add that religion and cults spring up among humans. Thus if humans exhibit those attributes you listed there, then your submissions are all cancelled.

Maybe you want to talk about how human tendencies are carried on to religion and cults.

I will also ask that you list more traits of religion like the golden rule and the admonition to love one’s Neighbour as oneself and to love God.
Do you also have parallels for those positives from religion that you and cults could copy from for comparisons?

Dress code: I don’t know your line of work. If ever you had had dress codes in school, office, lone of work, occasions, then you aren’t different from religion and cults. If you think you are different, then know it is more of a human tendency than religion or cults.

Children: If you had a child, I am sure you advocated that your child learn from early stage and pick up all the good traits you think they ought to have. Possibly you also sent them to school to learn early. Is this also peculiar to religion and cults? Doesn’t that stock you together with religion and cults?
Or you did it because you are a human?

Either way you argue, your thoughts are self-effacing and self-defeating and thus aren’t valid for religion and cults except for humans generally. And you are a human.
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by oteneaaron(m): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

First of all i don't know the reason why you quoted me, secondly i'm not your brother but neighbour so can you go straight to the point you're trying to make regarding the topic of discussion?

As for the history of Jehovah's Witnesses organization, i have done lots and lots of research on that and have found out that this is the one and only group practicing pure worship.

Hahahahaha

We are all children of the same father, so yes - you are my brother.

And I quoted you because I was speaking directly to you.

Cheers mate!
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
oteneaaron:

Hahahahaha We are all children of the same father, so yes - you are my brother. And I quoted you because I was speaking directly to you. Cheers mate!

Well you may take everyone as your brother but i believe my teacher who refers to everyone as "neighbours" but only those related to him by faith as "brothers" Matthew 12:46-50

Are you one of Jehovah's Witnesses?
If so you're my brother from any nation you may come, but if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses then you're my neighbour not my brother! smiley
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by oteneaaron(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well you may take everyone as your brother but i believe my teacher who refers to everyone as "neighbours" but only those related to him by faith as "brothers" Matthew 12:46-50

Are you one of Jehovah's Witnesses?
If so you're my brother from any nation you may come, but if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses then you're my neighbour not my brother! smiley

As far as you are a human being, you and I are brothers.

It doesn't matter what religion I may profess.

The God that created you is the same God who created a Muslim.

We are all brothers and sisters from the same father.

There is no other way of saying this.
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2021
oteneaaron:

As far as you are a human being, you and I are brothers. It doesn't matter what religion I may profess. The God that created you is the same God who created a Muslim. We are all brothers and sisters from the same father.
There is no other way of saying this.

I'm just trying to help you see how difficult it is for those who are not Jehovah's Witnesses to put what Jesus taught to use. smiley
I quoted Jesus' own words for you but instead of saying you hate Jesus you're arguing with me as if what i quoted for you is written in the Bible by Jehovah's Witnesses! cheesy

Well you may take everyone as your brother but only Jehovah's Witnesses are my own brothers while all other people are my neighbours, that what Jesus taught! Matthew 12:46-50
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by oteneaaron(m): 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I'm just trying to help you see how difficult it is for those who are not Jehovah's Witnesses to put what Jesus taught to use. smiley
I quoted Jesus' own words for you but instead of saying you hate Jesus you're arguing with me as if what i quoted for you is written in the Bible by Jehovah's Witnesses! cheesy

Well you may take everyone as your brother but only Jehovah's Witnesses are my own brothers while all other people are my neighbours, that what Jesus taught! Matthew 12:46-50

Wow.

I never knew you and I were having an argument.

So what have I said so far that makes me hate Jesus?

Isn't that a strong accusation?

I never disputed what Jesus said.

I am only stating the obvious.

When I call you brother, it is not only because you and I may share a faith.

I don't know how to explain this to you any further.

It is very fine if you do not see the man next to you as your brother, but only as a neighbor.

It is still Jesus who taught that you should love your neighbor as yourself.

How can you love your neighbor as yourself if you do not see him or her as your brother or sister no matter the faith they profess?

It is also very fine if you only see a fellow JW as your brother.

Life is not that hard.
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
oteneaaron:

Wow.
I never knew you and I were having an argument.
So what have I said so far that makes me hate Jesus? Isn't that a strong accusation? I never disputed what Jesus said. I am only stating the obvious. When I call you brother, it is not only because you and I may share a faith. I don't know how to explain this to you any further.
It is very fine if you do not see the man next to you as your brother, but only as a neighbor.
It is still Jesus who taught that you should love your neighbor as yourself.

How can you love your neighbor as yourself if you do not see him or her as your brother or sister no matter the faith they profess?

It is also very fine if you only see a fellow JW as your brother. Life is not that hard.

If you want to learn we (JWs) will teach you but if you're not ready to learn it's OK we'll just tell you what we believe and leave you to choose whatever you wish!

You asked a thought provoking question and i'm sure your pastors or fellow Churchgoers can't answer the question, so let me enlighten on what you asked.

Jesus reminded the Israelites what the Mosaic laws told them {Leviticus 19:18} so loving my neighbour means doing exactly what i expected my neighbour to do for me whenever i need his help:

All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them. This, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean. Matthew 7:12

That's the way i (as a believer) must love every human in the society.
But to Jehovah's Witnesses (Jesus' own true followers) he gave us a totally New Commandment:

I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves! John 13:34-35

Here Jesus is not talking to the Israelites but to his own disciples telling us that we must love our fellow believers exactly the same way he love us

So a Jehovah's Witnesses must love everyone around him like himself but he must be prepared to die for his fellow JW just as Jesus was willing to die for his fellow believers:

No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends. John 15:13

Do you now see the difference?
For neighbours Jesus said i must love you the same way i love myself, but for my brother in faith i must love him the same way Jesus loves me!

Now tell me is there a difference between the way Jesus taught us to love or not?

Just humble yourself and learn from Jehovah's Witnesses (Jesus' true followers) smiley
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by oteneaaron(m): 2:03am On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

If you want to learn we (JWs) will teach you but if you're not ready to learn it's OK we'll just tell you what we believe and leave you to choose whatever you wish!

You asked a thought provoking question and i'm sure your pastors or fellow Churchgoers can't answer the question, so let me enlighten on what you asked.

Jesus reminded the Israelites what the Mosaic laws told them {Leviticus 19:18} so loving my neighbour means doing exactly what i expected my neighbour to do for me whenever i need his help:

All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them. This, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean. Matthew 7:12

That's the way i (as a believer) must love every human in the society.
But to Jehovah's Witnesses (Jesus' own true followers) he gave us a totally New Commandment:

I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves! John 13:34-35

Here Jesus is not talking to the Israelites but to his own disciples telling us that we must love our fellow believers exactly the same way he love us

So a Jehovah's Witnesses must love everyone around him like himself but he must be prepared to die for his fellow JW just as Jesus was willing to die for his fellow believers:

No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends. John 15:13

Do you now see the difference?
For neighbours Jesus said i must love you the same way i love myself, but for my brother in faith i must love him the same way Jesus loves me!

Now tell me is there a difference between the way Jesus taught us to love or not?

Just humble yourself and learn from Jehovah's Witnesses (Jesus' true followers) smiley

How can you teach what you do not even understand?

This is a very simple concept to grasp.

Brother man, it you who needs to be enlightened.

- What does it really mean for you to Love Yourself?

- Do you even know what Love really means?

Think about these questions carefully.

The words Jesus spoke in the bible are very easy to understand.

These were your exact words:

You have turned a very simple teaching on its head - it is so sad.

You and the man next to you are one and the same, from one single source - God almighty.

There is no discrimination with God - no matter your religion or the faith you profess.

We are all his children which means we are all brothers and sisters, making up a very large extended family of mankind.

I know you strongly believe that the words the Jesus spoke in the Bible was meant for only JWs - I can never take that away from you.

But until you understand what love really means, my words will only sound like gibberish to you.

Welcome to a new week!
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by Kobojunkie: 2:14am On Nov 01, 2021
oteneaaron:
There is no discrimination with God - no matter your religion or the faith you profess.
We are all his children which means we are all brothers and sisters, making up a very large extended family of mankind.

I know you strongly believe that the words the Jesus spoke in the Bible was meant for only JWs - I can never take that away from you. But until you understand what love really means, my words will only sound like gibberish to you.
Welcome to a new week!
Um... Jesus Christ never said we are all brothers and sisters, nor did He ever suggest that to begin with. undecided

In the beginning, God created for Himself Sons of God(Adam and Eve), but man chose sin over God, falling from God's grace as a result and from then on birthed men instead as sons of men, fallen from their very birth. undecided

In Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10, He declared that it is those who follow Him that are brothers and sisters, equals whereas in Luke 8, He made it even more emphatically clear that only those who do the Will of God are His mother, brothers(sisters as well).
19 Jesus’ mother and brothers came to visit him. But they could not get close to him, because there were so many people.
20 Someone said to Jesus, “Your mother and your brothers are standing outside. They want to see you.”
21 Jesus answered them, “My mother and my brothers are those who listen to God’s teaching and obey it.” Luke 8 vs 19 - 22
And God, He does discriminate between those who belong to Him and those who don't. For one. In John 8 vs 31 - 44, Jesus Christ pointed out that those of God who refuse to obey Him are instead Children of the devil whereas only those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments, the Truth, are Sons(children of God). undecided

In the eyes of God we are not all the same. Some are Sons of God , some others belong to their father, the devil, while the rest are simply the walking dead. undecided
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:51am On Nov 01, 2021
oteneaaron:

How can you teach what you do not even understand?
This is a very simple concept to grasp.

Brother man, it you who needs to be enlightened.

- What does it really mean for you to Love Yourself?

- Do you even know what Love really means?

Think about these questions carefully.

The words Jesus spoke in the bible are very easy to understand.

These were your exact words:

You have turned a very simple teaching on its head - it is so sad.

You and the man next to you are one and the same, from one single source - God almighty.

I know you strongly believe that the words the Jesus spoke in the Bible was meant for only JWs - I can never take that away from you.

But until you understand what love really means, my words will only sound like gibberish to you.

Welcome to a new week!

Guy i have nothing more to discuss with you because it's evident that you don't want to believe Jesus' own words, but next time don't ever call me your brother again because i'm not your brother in anyway. YES you're my neighbour but brother according to Jesus it's only those related to me by faith that are my brothers: Matthew 12:46-50

Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by bobestman(m): 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus said:

Hahaha you want to teach your Ancestors about the Creator ? Do you know that the indigenous people all over Africa are the original and Custodians of the earth and know the Creator more than any of you in Religions which were not even around before the 14's?
Listen, your various Indigenous people know who the true Creator is before your Religions came. They rule this land called Africa - a land flowing with milk and honey. I have seen this land in all his glory in Pre-historic times. It was like Eden before the Pinks came . They were jealous and studied our traditions to know the do's and dont's cos we are a people of rules- like they wrote to you in the Torah. When they fully understood everything. They make us do abominable things which our Creator detest. Those things made our Creator left us and the glory of the land was sealed- I saw these things. They introduced Religions to brainwashed us further so we can never be able to reconnect to that glory. Your Religions are responsible for what Africa is going through.

You talk about Racism and Politics created by your Religions. Those 2 and Religion are part of the control Mechanism to keep the children in the dark. The person you call Jesus and his followers were originally dark people and many were killed and hated for their skin colors - Niggers is deragotory word used in the Bible for them and even till today - Act 13:1-2. They hate us and still kill us till today for our colors. The Messiah you call didn't come to save everyone but his people first ( He was sent to the lost tribe of the house of Isreal - A bible reference ). It's his people after being save will preach the true message at endtime to save the world and those who are ready there - John 4:22. He must first return to his people and his Temple there to sanctify the Few He will use for that purpose - Malachi 3:1-4. He doesn't go with your Religions cos He created non. The people who wrote your Bible added a lot so they will belong. The truth about the Messiah was hidden. How will you know a Messiah when all you know are the wrong stories about him. You all follow the Impostor Messiah. You will never believe I tell you the truth till the time it will be revealed. The true gospel is at endtime - Daniel 4:9,12, Mathew 24; etc. Your Bible is a book of codes that non of you understand untill the true content is revealed

I tell you the truth biblically and spiritually. You speak only of what JW's thought you. By the time I tell you deep things that happened in this land called Nigeria and Africa, you will run from JW and Religion!
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:15pm On Nov 01, 2021
STORY STORY!! STORY!!!
So there is no evidence that your people know the true God and you're trying to argue baselessly due to your racist view, shey?
Well go and worship your God no wahala! cheesy

bobestman:

Hahaha you want to teach your Ancestors about the Creator ? Do you know that the indigenous people all over Africa are the original and Custodians of the earth and know the Creator more than any of you in Religions which were not even around before the 14's?
Listen, your various Indigenous people know who the true Creator is before your Religions came. They rule this land called Africa - a land flowing with milk and honey. I have seen this land in all his glory in Pre-historic times. It was like Eden before the Pinks came . They were jealous and studied our traditions to know the do's and dont's cos we are a people of rules- like they wrote to you in the Torah. When they fully understood everything. They make us do abominable things which our Creator detest. Those things made our Creator left us and the glory of the land was sealed- I saw these things. They introduced Religions to brainwashed us further so we can never be able to reconnect to that glory. Your Religions are responsible for what Africa is going through.

You talk about Racism and Politics created by your Religions. Those 2 and Religion are part of the control Mechanism to keep the children in the dark. The person you call Jesus and his followers were originally dark people and many were killed and hated for their skin colors - Niggers is deragotory word used in the Bible for them and even till today - Act 13:1-2. They hate us and still kill us till today for our colors. The Messiah you call didn't come to save everyone but his people first ( He was sent to the lost tribe of the house of Isreal - A bible reference ). It's his people after being save will preach the true message at endtime to save the world and those who are ready there - John 4:22. He must first return to his people and his Temple there to sanctify the Few He will use for that purpose - Malachi 3:1-4. He doesn't go with your Religions cos He created non. The people who wrote your Bible added a lot so they will belong. The truth about the Messiah was hidden. How will you know a Messiah when all you know are the wrong stories about him. You all follow the Impostor Messiah. You will never believe I tell you the truth till the time it will be revealed. The true gospel is at endtime - Daniel 4:9,12, Mathew 24; etc. Your Bible is a book of codes that non of you understand untill the true content is revealed

I tell you the truth biblically and spiritually. You speak only of what JW's thought you. By the time I tell you deep things that happened in this land called Nigeria and Africa, you will run from JW and Religion!
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by bobestman(m): 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
STORY STORY!! STORY!!!
So there is no evidence that your people know the true God and you're trying to argue baselessly due to your racist view, shey?
Well go and worship your God no wahala! cheesy

Read that John 4 till end again
You and your religious people just hear God and Jesus but have no knowledge who they are. You try to please them with your worship or good works

The Messiah clearly told them " you know not what you worship for Salvation will come from the Hebrews/ Jews as they wrote it for you"
Without those Hebrew people telling you what was hidden since they brought Religion to you and the true way to serve their God, you are wasting your time in any religion you are? You can't tell a Hebrew man whose God you claim to serve how to worship his God. You have to hear the truth from him first on how it's done - take it to your bank! They are asleep as Paul told you and that was why the gentiles hijack their stories and told the world the wrong things. When they wake up at endtime, the truth will be revealed to the world - the Awakening is Real!

You all claim to serve the God of Isreal
But think you know better the way to serve Him than his own people he made a Covenant with. He even promised to gather them at endtime into their own land and make them a praise in the eyes of those who hate and kill them- non of you Christians teach these cos it's against what the Vatican gave you all even when all the Prophets said it and it's very clear in your Bible. You people teach only one-sided thing. And even call the words of a Creator who never change and can't lie old. Non of you know what happened that made those thieves to twist the original words in the Bible. You all made yourself Isreal while the original people are yet to be restored. The day una eyes go clear ehn....
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2021
bobestman:

Read that John 4 till end again
You and your religious people just hear God and Jesus but have no knowledge who they are. You try to please them with your worship or good works

The Messiah clearly told them " you know not what you worship for Salvation will come from the Hebrews/ Jews as they wrote it for you"
Without those Hebrew people telling you what was hidden since they brought Religion to you and the true way to serve their God, you are wasting your time in any religion you are? You can't tell a Hebrew man whose God you claim to serve how to worship his God. You have to hear the truth from him first on how it's done - take it to your bank! They are asleep as Paul told you and that was why the gentiles hijack their stories and told the world the wrong things. When they wake up at endtime, the truth will be revealed to the world - the Awakening is Real!

You all claim to serve the God of Isreal
But think you know better the way to serve Him than his own people he made a Covenant with. He even promised to gather them at endtime into their own land and make them a praise in the eyes of those who hate and kill them- non of you Christians teach these cos it's against what the Vatican gave you all even when all the Prophets said it and it's very clear in your Bible. You people teach only one-sided thing. And even call the words of a Creator who never change and can't lie old. Non of you know what happened that made those thieves to twist the original words in the Bible. You all made yourself Isreal while the original people are yet to be restored. The day una eyes go clear ehn....
Jehovah's Witnesses organization is the evidence of my own God!
Where is the evidence of your own God?
Re: Similarities Between Religion And Cults. by bobestman(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jehovah's Witnesses organization is the evidence of my own God!
Where is the evidence of your own God?
JW organisation sounds more like an NGO or some Charity groups out there doing some good works but they know
not who the true Creator is. They are responsible for the brainwashing of Africans and make them see themselves as animals who can't achieve anything good. In their handbooks aka watchtower and Co, they painted all the biblical characters as whites which made many as kids back then see the Father, Son and all biblical characters as white people. Till today many Africans don't know that African was the land of creation, the land flowing with milk and honey all the pinks had been drinking since they came but can't finish the resources.
You are already brainwashed and indoctrinated by the JWs. Wake up and seek the Creator yourself to know the true way. You have His spirit. No Religion can teach you how to do that. Seek and you will find. Religions will decieve you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Islamic Terrorism In Bible’s Prophecy / New Video: Tim Godfrey Ft Travis Greene – Nara {free Video Download} / Three Powerful Atheists Who Converted To Christianity, A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.