Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano (9176 Views)

I Will Rather Be A Friend Of Shekaru Bokoharam Than This Man / APC Reacts To Parallel Congresses In Lagos, Oyo, Kwara, Others / BREAKING: APC Holds Two Parallel Congresses In Lagos, With Open Confrontation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Nemere2020: 8:43pm On Oct 16, 2021
…elects Zago as state party chairman

Despite attempts to prevent the conduct of parallel congress of the All Progressive Congress, APC in Kano State, the Senator representing Kano Central Senatorial District, Senator Ibrahim Shekaru led camp went ahead to conduct their congress and elected Ahmadu Haruna Zago as the state party Chairman.

Others in Senator Shekaru’s camp include Senator representing Kano North Senatorial District, Senator Barau Jibril, Member representing Dawakin Tofa and Rimingado Federal Constituency, Tijjani Abdulkadir Jobe, member representing Karate and Rogo Federal Constituency, Barr. Haruna Isa Dederi and member representing Kano Municipal Federal Constituency, Shaaban Ibrahim Sharada.

A party member from the National headquarters, Sani Bello supervised the conduct of the congress in Janguza, Tofa Local Government Area of the state.

Bello at the end of the congress announced Zago as the party Chairman among other newly elected executives.

Speaking on behalf of other lawmakers, the Member representing Dawakin Tofa and Rimingado Federal Constituency, Tijjani Abdulkadir Jobe however vowed not to allow anybody or any person to derail the party from the path of victory in the forthcoming general elections.

Jobe appealed to party supporters in the state to rally around the newly elected Chairman in order to deliver the state to the party in the forthcoming general elections.

According to him, “officials from the national body have conducted the elections and we have cast our votes.

“We (our leader, Senator Ibrahim Shekaru, Senator Barau Jibril and myself) will not allow anybody to derail this party. APC party shall not fail in Kano. It will remain a winning party in Kano State.

“We call on all supporters in Kano to rally round and support the elected Chairman to ensure we emerge victorious in 2023 just like we did in 2019,” Jobe said.

The newly elected Chairman, Ahmadu Haruna Zago promised not to let the party supporters down in the state.

“Today is a victory day. The election was conducted and we have won the election.

“I assure you that being the Chairman of Kano APC, I will not let the party down. I will do my best to assure that the party clinched victory in 2023.

“Definitely, the party needs the support of everyone,” Zago said.

A Chairmanship contestant, Sherrif Usman Babanalungu who stepped down for Zago was elected Organizing Secretary of the party.

Babanalungu however called on all party supporters to remain calm and focus to ensure that the party come out with flying colours in the next general elections.

Meanwhile, there was a mild drama as security personnel took over and shot tear gas into the air to disperse party supporters at the Sani Abacha Youth Centre along Madobi road, the earlier proposed venue for the conduct of parallel congress of the All Progressive Congress, APC in Kano State.

The security personnel which comprises Police, Civil Defence, Anti-Daba squad among others with their vehicles barricaded party supporters from going into the venue to conduct the congress.

Journalists covering the party congress were also barricaded from gaining access into the venue of the parallel congress.

It was also gathered that the story was the same at Mumbaya house, another proposed venue for the parallel congress.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/10/apc-congress-shekaru-others-conduct-parallel-congresses-in-kano/
Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Xscape1993(m): 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
I am not surprised. What do you expect from an evil party full of lies, blames, corruption, terrorist sponsors and terrorist sympathizers? 2023 will be your end!

17 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Luckydubby7(m): 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2021
OK
APC scatter scatter.

1 Like

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by ChangetheChange: 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
Kwankwanso Group will inevitably take over Kano in 2023, with this continuous division in Kano APC.

18 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by greatdreamer(m): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
Gandollar will be highly disgraced in Kano.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Penguin2: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2021
Isn’t obvious already that APC is a marriage of strange bedfellows who came together only for the purpose of grabbing power so they can take Nigeria 50 years backwards and inflict pain and suffering on Nigerians.

Parallel congresses from Osun to Ogun to Lagos to Kano.

Just earlier this week, PDP maturely arrived at a consensus for the position of National Chairman with all of the Northern PDP members agreeing without rancour. Just like their eastern counterparts nominated a consensus candidate for National Secretary without rancour.

But APC can’t organize simple state congresses even after postponing the evil day several times.

Me and my fellow sane Nigerians are here being happy spectators to the vawulence that will eventually bury APC.

Ndi Ala!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by GboyegaD(m): 4:16am On Oct 17, 2021
Hmm... sounds like the beginning of an end.

1 Like

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Spray(m): 4:17am On Oct 17, 2021
the kano defunct CPC camp on the move

5 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by anonymuz(m): 4:21am On Oct 17, 2021
Party of disunity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Sirjamo: 4:36am On Oct 17, 2021
Aikin banza

All of them will not get tickets in 2023

3 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by MEGA4BILLION(m): 4:39am On Oct 17, 2021
So nah the estimated 3 million votes una want scatter so

2 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by tola1006: 4:53am On Oct 17, 2021
If the system is rife with injustice and corruption, people will lose confidence in it and seeking alternative means if pursuing their interest no matter how inappropriate.

Buhari has failed in portraying leadership qualities that's why the followers can be brazenly rudderless.

Party primaries and congresses should be broken down in schedules......all states don't have to carry out congresses on same day,this will help with effective monitoring by INEC and party excos and thus will bring to an end all this illegalities being perpetuated by rogue politicians.

5 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Victorclean1: 5:01am On Oct 17, 2021
Between Obi and Tinubu, who has the brain to develop Nigeria if give the presidential seat?

2 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by adioolayi(m): 6:18am On Oct 17, 2021
The party is in disarray...laslas legal tussle, massive detections and floating of new parties..

In falseprophet voice ....This I have seen grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Mossadd: 6:37am On Oct 17, 2021
Gandollar is about to be rendered useless

3 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:49am On Oct 17, 2021
shakarau always scatter anywhere he enters. Only himself first, he can't be loyal to anybody. When Gandollar finished with him, let's where he will decamp to.

2 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Sunisonflex39(m): 6:51am On Oct 17, 2021
When I was saying that

Nigerian politicians are useless..

All of them.

You people think I am lying

2 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Amspecial: 7:23am On Oct 17, 2021
grin
Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Shikini: 8:20am On Oct 17, 2021
Agbayaaa
Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by UTILITYMAY(m): 8:25am On Oct 17, 2021
Victorclean1:
Between Obi and Tinubu, who has the brain to develop Nigeria if give the presidential seat?

Considering their past achievements in politics, Tinubu has more capacity to have more hold in making decisions especially when it comes to dealing with the powers that be in the North. Tinubu has lots of technocrats and capable hands that can make things happen in whatsoever portfolio you can think of. So Tinubu has not just the brain he is so versatile. However, Obi is also a very wonderful candidate, but I am not sure if he can play the too many dirty politics from the North.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by nzeobi(m): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

Considering their past achievements in politics, Tinubu has more capacity to have more hold in making decisions especially when it comes to dealing with the powers that be in the North. Tinubu has lots of technocrats and capable hands that can make things happen in whatsoever portfolio you can think of. So Tinubu has not just the brain he is so versatile. However, Obi is also a very wonderful candidate, but I am not sure if he can play the too many dirty politics from the North.

About getting the best brains is more of political will and giving those you appointed the enabling environment.

You made some points but if you were told that Peter Obi was at a time in the board of 3 Nigeria Banks and that he was chairing the board with Bismarck rewane a member, you may not believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by koxyz: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2021
nzeobi:

About getting the best brains is more of political will and giving those you appointed the enabling environment.

You made some points but if you were told that Peter Obi was at a time in the board of 3 Nigeria Banks and that he was chairing the board with Bismarck rewane a member, you may not believe.
You can compare board politics with Nigerian politics, to do so, is like comparing 5and 6.
Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Asgard73: 9:25am On Oct 17, 2021
Make I laugh Tinubu urchins small...

Tinubu will win Kano kastina Gombe kebbi kaduna niger grin grin grin

Apc thing isweeting me grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by nzeobi(m): 10:29am On Oct 17, 2021
koxyz:
You can compare board politics with Nigerian politics, to do so, is like comparing 5and 6.

When the performance rating of a government is high, everything it's doing becomes easy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by UTILITYMAY(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2021
nzeobi:

I never under estimated Peter Obi's capabilities, but Nigeria politics, most especially at the federal is not a private sector politics. Unless the President will be elected on another platform different from APC/PDP, where he won't have anything to with old party cabals.

2 Likes

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by Ademola47(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2021
Fear politicians!!!
Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by nzeobi(m): 11:25am On Oct 17, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

I never under estimated Peter Obi's capabilities, but Nigeria politics, most especially at the federal is not a private sector politics. Unless the President will be elected on another platform different from APC/PDP, where he won't have anything to with old party cabals.

I understand you but you need to know the state of anambra before he became governor when an incumbent governor was kidnapped and for his two tenures, the HOA were mostly from other parties

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Congress: Shekaru, Others Conduct Parallel Congresses In Kano by garfield1: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2021
Penguin2:
Isn’t obvious already that APC is a marriage of strange bedfellows who came together only for the purpose of grabbing power so they can take Nigeria 50 years backwards and inflict pain and suffering on Nigerians.

Parallel congresses from Osun to Ogun to Lagos to Kano.

Just earlier this week, PDP maturely arrived at a consensus for the position of National Chairman with all of the Northern PDP members agreeing without rancour. Just like their eastern counterparts nominated a consensus candidate for National Secretary without rancour.

But APC can’t organize simple state congresses even after postponing the evil day several times.

Me and my fellow sane Nigerians are here being happy spectators to the vawulence that will eventually bury APC.

Ndi Ala!

My boy,your pdp conducted a parallel Congress in oyo state yesterday

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits Wassa IDP Camp, Promises To Tackle Insecurity / Nigerian Economy To Overtake UK, France By 2050 / The Difference Between Waving A Crowd In Abakaliki And Osogbo (picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.