Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Earthly Glory. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Earthly Glory. (169 Views)

I Have Finished My Earthly Ministry, I Will Die Soon – Pastor Odumeje Confesses / The Earthly Kingdom Our Lord Jesus Christ And Of His Saints / ‘I Have No Wife, Earthly Children, I’m The Last Maharaji Alive’ - Guru Maharaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Earthly Glory. by AbundantLife05: 6:43am On Oct 17, 2021
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION.
EARTHLY GLORY. Revelation 21:1
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. NLT.

Dear friends, good morning and happy Sunday. I pray that God will dwell in us and make us see beyond the good things of this world in Jesus name. We will talk about “Earthly Glory" this morning. Brothers and Sisters, this world is beautiful. Gen 1:1-31 has it that God said that everything he created was good. If you go out, let’s say you travel within Nigeria or throughout the world, you will see natural phenomenon created by God such as rocks, waterfalls, animals, clouds, stars, the sun and the moon and you will revel at these beautiful things. Also, there are artificial beauty in the world. We have skyscrapers, beautiful houses, mansions and castles, private jets, cars, roads, clothes, jewelleries, stadiums, amusement parks and all that makes this world beautiful. However, these are perishable things, both natural beauty and artificial beauty. Their value end on earth and it is meaningless in the next world. 1Cor 9:25; “All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.” NLT. Our existence on earth is not to cherish and work for the glory that await us in heaven.
It is important that we know that we do not belong to this world and we cannot afford to be distracted by the things here which is not our home. That is why the bible in Mt 6:33; “Seek the kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” NLT. The bible does not say we should not desire to be rich, but we should not be consumed with the desire up to the point that we forget that there is something greater for us in heaven.

At this point, let us look at some reasons why we should prioritize heavenly glory over earthly glory.

1. We will see God. 1Jh 4:17
“And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.” NLT.

When we live for God here on earth and we show the love of God to people, we will be qualified to see God and have confidence in front of him because we know that we belong to him. This will be different to the case of Adam and Eve who went into hiding when they heard the voice of God. Gen 3:10; “He replied, I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked.” NLT.

Also, when we get to heaven, God will give us a name which only the person with it will understand. Rev 2:17c; “And I will give to each one a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one understands except the one who receives it.” NLT. In addition, we will see God and have his name on our foreheads. Rev 2:10; “And they will see his face, and his name will be written on their foreheads.” NLT.

2. We will receive a crown from God. Rev 2:10
“Don’t be afraid of what you are about to suffer. The devil will throw some of you into prison to test you. You will suffer for ten days. But if you remain faithful even when facing death. I will give you the crown of life.” NLT.

One of the things we will receive from God in heaven is a crown. God will give this crown to the ones who overcome the temptation, trials and sins of this wicked world. 1Pet 5:4; “And when the Great Shepherd appears, you will receive a crown of never-ending glory and honor. NLT.

3. We will live in New Jerusalem. Rev 21:1
“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone.” NLT.

This is the thrust of this message, everything here on earth right now will pass away and it will be replaced with a new one. Every treasure we have right now will become nothing when the new heaven and earth comes. Only those whose names are in the book of life will have access to the city. Rev 21:27. This city is so glorious that its Street is made of pure gold. Rev 21:21; “The twelve Gates were made of pearls-each Gate from a single pearl! And the main street was pure gold, as clear as glass.” NLT.

4. We will live in houses Jesus has gone to prepare. John 14:2-3
“There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.” NLT.

Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us in heaven according to his words. When we get there, we will get a house that will never be destroyed but remains forever.

Dear friends, in heaven, we get to live in a city with fellow brothers and sisters in a city illuminated by the glory of God. In this city, there is no sickness and tears. The street is made of pure gold and there is a tree in the city that produces twelve crops of fruits every month. Rev 22:2.

Therefore, if you are reading this and you are sure you do not belong to him and you want to, in order to see heavenly glory, say this prayer after me; Lord Jesus, I confess my sins and I ask that you save me by forgiving my sins. Please write my name in the book of life and let me remain in you forever. Amen. If you have recited this prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by this message and you have questions and comments, you can contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms;
Twitter: @VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.
Re: Earthly Glory. by orisa37: 7:10am On Oct 17, 2021
HEAVENLY SATANISM

(1) (Reply)

"God, My Maker, Who Giveth Songs In The Night." / Endurance In Challenges / The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.