Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,607 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Thank God You Survived An Accident? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thank God You Survived An Accident? (771 Views)

To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In / Reverend Father Enyinnaya: How I Have Survived Women’s Pressure For 32 Years / This is the Will of GOD: "You should abstain from fornication" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God You Survived An Accident? by davien(m): 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2022
First I'd like to start by saying it's your right to express your beliefs and the same with others right to expressing their non-beliefs.

In Nigeria, there are a great many road accidents and they keep increasing in broadcast and yet the people who survive and the people who use the vehicles and roads continue "thanking god for safe journey and mercies".

I'd like to ask if you hold this view or any among them why you think all responsibility should be on god for your safety and you don't hold your government and their constituents accountable?

Do the people who die on the same road not worship the same god? Or is it better they died and not you?

Is it better if we all sit idle and so long as the rulers in charge don't kill us all with their incompetence in one way or the other continue "thanking god" hoping things would get better?

If your neighbour was burned in a gas explosion and you weren't does that make you happy? Do you feel content god didn't want that happening to you over your neighbor?

If god as you believed it gave you a choice for you dying so others may live(that you don't know) or they dying instead what would you pick?

Please feel free to share why you think god keeps selecting you over the safety of others, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:23pm On Feb 03, 2022
davien:

In Nigeria, there are a great many road accidents and they keep increasing in broadcast and yet the people who survive and the people who use the vehicles and roads continue "thanking god for safe journey and mercies".

"IT'S NOT MY PORTION". "I PRAY AGAINST IT". "THE GOD I'M SERVING WILL NEVER ALLOW IT".

BECAUSE IT'S THE PORTION OF ALL THOSE THAT IT HAPPENS TO AND THEY SERVE GOATS, NOT GOD.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by Image123(m): 6:23am On Feb 05, 2022
davien:
First I'd like to start by saying it's your right to express your beliefs and the same with others right to expressing their non-beliefs.

I'd like to ask if you hold this view or any among them why you think all responsibility should be on god for your safety and you don't hold your government and their constituents accountable?

Do the people who die on the same road not worship the same god? Or is it better they died and not you?

Is it better if we all sit idle and so long as the rulers in charge don't kill us all with their incompetence in one way or the other continue "thanking god" hoping things would get better?

If your neighbour was burned in a gas explosion and you weren't does that make you happy? Do you feel content god didn't want that happening to you over your neighbor?

If god as you believed it gave you a choice for you dying so others may live(that you don't know) or they dying instead what would you pick?

Please feel free to share why you think god keeps selecting you over the safety of others, thanks.

Were they supposed to thank you instead? Don't be foolish if possible. It's like saying someone should not appreciate others for their successful projects, books and articles because others fail. Use your God given brain please.
Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by davien(m): 10:12am On Feb 05, 2022
Image123:

Were they supposed to thank you instead? Don't be foolish if possible. It's like saying someone should not appreciate others for their successful projects, books and articles because others fail. Use your God given brain please.
So for other people to die in your place is a job well done by your god? Don't play stup!d bro and I mean this sincerely, how do you live believing these ridiculous things?

2 Likes

Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by Image123(m): 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
davien:
So for other people to die in your place is a job well done by your god? Don't play stup!d bro and I mean this sincerely, how do you live believing these ridiculous things?

Jesus Christ died in my place, people dying in accidents or hospitals don't die in my place. Use your brain bros.
Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by davien(m): 8:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
Image123:

Jesus Christ died in my place, people dying in accidents or hospitals don't die in my place. Use your brain bros.
Yeah, it's clear you're deep in your delusion.

1. Believers say their god is fair.

2. Believers get in an accident.

3. Believers are thankful other believers died and not them, ignoring their belief of god being fair.

It's an idiotic mindset bro.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by Image123(m): 1:44pm On Feb 06, 2022
davien:

3. Believers are thankful other believers died and not them, ignoring their belief of god being fair.

undecided

The idiotic mindset here is you thinking that when others die, they die in your place. Believers are not thankful that others died, they are thankful that they are alive when they could have died or have been dead. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being grateful to be alive, use this God given brain of yours.
Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by davien(m): 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2022
Image123:

idiotic mindset here is you thinking that when others die, they die in your place.
Believers are not thankful that others died, they are thankful that they are alive when they could have died or have been dead. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being grateful to be alive, use this God given brain of yours.
Unless you have a learning challenge you ought to know you thanking god for surviving means you're also thankful others died instead of you or even at the very least content with it.

It's like me being thankful police came to my place and arrested my neighbor when I was also guilty. I'm thankful I wasn't arrested, which means I'm content having my neighbor be arrested instead.
Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by Image123(m): 8:50pm On Feb 06, 2022
davien:
Unless you have a learning challenge you ought to know you thanking god for surviving means you're also thankful others died instead of you or even at the very least content with it.

It's like me being thankful police came to my place and arrested my neighbor when I was also guilty. I'm thankful I wasn't arrested, which means I'm content having my neighbor be arrested instead.

You have to be very slow to think that everyone must die because some died. How does surviving equate to being thankful that others died? Is your life tied to theirs? Are you not aware that we all have our lives to live? Why must your life be tied to some random person that died, who tied it? Your analogy is senseless, it is not a crime to be alive. If you committed such crime, i didn't.
Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
davien:

undecided

If you are capable of being fair, then you would know that believers are simply being thank full for the fact that they can continue their living in this world.

Same way as they are thank full for eating even if others somewhere hunger.

Living and dying has always being a Solo thing,.No matter how a person has loved another, he will not allow himself to be buried when his loved one is being interred in the cemetery.

O.Y.O is the Law and that has never been wrong.
Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
davien:

What a twisted mind. Ap neighbour arrested for being guilty of ritualistic yahoo yahoo means you should be arrested of bring guilty of fornication? Meen!
Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2022
Image123:

You have to be very slow to think that everyone must die because some died. How does surviving equate to being thankful that others died? Is your life tied to theirs? Are you not aware that we all have our lives to live? Why must your life be tied to some random person that died, who tied it? Your analogy is senseless, it is not a crime to be alive. If you committed such crime, i didn't.

I get it now! grin

He is simply complaining that since they are going to die, God Lovers should also follow them and die. grin

He is just simply complaining against "Rapture". grin
Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by davien(m): 10:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
Image123:

You need exposure and some books on critical thinking, you think and reply like a kid.
Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by Image123(m): 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I get it now! grin

He is simply complaining that since they are going to die, God Lovers should also follow them and die. grin

He is just simply complaining against "Rapture". grin

smiley smiley He's frustrated, no joy.
Re: Thank God You Survived An Accident? by Image123(m): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
davien:
You need exposure and some books on critical thinking, you think and reply like a kid.

If ingratitude and thinking dead people died for you is your definition of critical thinking, keep it to your sorry self. My life is very complete already.

(1) (Reply)

Groups for Audio Messages, Join This Whatsapp Group To Receive Regular Updates / This Bible Verse Is Confusing Put Me Through / What Is The Truth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.