Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? (792 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Malaria Vaccine Conspiracy Theories By BBC / U.K Fines Pastor Chris Oyakhilome For Spreading Covid19 Conspiracy Theories. / Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Lizlee: 8:13am On Oct 17, 2021
Ok, so I've been wondering why a whole lot of people think the vaccine will initiate them into a cult or 666. I am vaccinated and I can assure you that there is nothing to fear. Jeez. I wonder why a whole lot of people believe that musicians sacrifice their "souls" to the devil in order to be successful. And some people even believe that Bill Gates is behind COVID-19.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by falcon01: 8:22am On Oct 17, 2021
1. Delusion
2. Inability to think Rationally
3. Gullibility

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by obonujoker(m): 8:24am On Oct 17, 2021
No true Christian is susceptible to conspiracy theories because the Bible is a Christian guide...

Only fear mongers

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Lizlee: 8:26am On Oct 17, 2021
obonujoker:
No true Christian is susceptible to conspiracy theories because the Bible is a Christian guide...

Only fear mongers

But the Bible is the tool that conspiracy theorists use to back up their conspiracies.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Workch: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2021
Indoctrination and lack of proper education.
The can speak English but are not exposed to anything modern scientific finding.
Litetalism and Fanaticism.
All religions share this

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Workch: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2021
obonujoker:

Only fear mongers
The Bible is a conspiracy theory in itself

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Lizlee: 8:29am On Oct 17, 2021
Workch:

Some people used the book of Revelations to justify their 666 conspiracy theory.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Lizlee: 8:42am On Oct 17, 2021
Good morning.
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by peggywebbs(f): 9:12am On Oct 17, 2021
The point is people are sceptical about the vaccines. Whether its because they believe is 666 behind it or Bill Gate, it is inconsequential. The point is people don't just trust it. Here's why?

Its new, people don't easily accept change.
History, people don't know who are behind the vaccines. If you search for Inventors of vaccines whether polio, meningitis, hepatitis, etc. There is always someone behind it. Covid19 vaccine turns up blank, Why?

History again, there has been negative consequences of using these experiment vaccines in recent times. Its not so far away, Kano is a good example. Before you check other countries.

Again, History of the disease, if you can answer honestly, what exactly is the root cause of Covid, apart from transmission, everything else is blank.

Adverse effects and deaths, why are they underreported. The fact that you don't have any symptoms now doesn't leave you in the clear. Unless you are in denial. Nobody knows the long term effects of the vaccine, the short term effects are not encouraging considering the blood clots and heart failure that go with it. And that is just a few.

Again, do you know what exactly is in the vaccine. If you have done your research, you will know that the info is patented. Nobody is privy to the main ingredients of the vaccine. So you don't know exactly what is in it.

Again, whistleblowers from these vaccine companies have called these companies out for endangering people's lives. I'll advise you to check out Project Veritas, it's not a conspiracy platform. It has been revealed that the vaccines contain fetal cells from aborted fetus. The fact that they are hiding this information from the public makes it even more very sceptical.

The mRNA technology they keep whitewashing has raised many objections in previous years. If you did your research, you would know that mRNA started its journey over 30 years ago. It never got approval because of the challenges with this medicine. There were many health concerns and how they managed to push this out even makes it very suspicious.

Anyway, again the fact that nobody will be held liable is another cause for concern. So it goes beyond the 666, new world order, or depopulation agenda. Mistrust breeds conspiracy and unless questions are answered, the conspiracy won't go away any time soon.

If there is anything Africans or Nigerians are not is conspiracy theorists. No Nigerian wants to die, we drink the most bitter herbs and nobody questions where the leaves are plucked or even their names. If Covid 19 was flooding the streets like you see malaria or cold during the cold season, you would see people on the queue for the vaccine. We have our own issues, insecurity, poverty, unemployment and the least of them is Covid. Despite the way the media parades the vaccines, Nigeria still has the least cases. And I even know a number of people who were given false positive results which obviously was included in NCDC statistics. They'll do the first test which shows positive, only to take a second and it ends up negative. It only goes to show how very unreliable the PCR tests are. Not saying people don't get Covid, but again its not on Nigeria's hit list.

Good luck you took the vaccine and I hope it wears out of your system quickly. However, its your choice if you want to add boosters to it. I will advise you do your research and not follow blindly. Nobody was born with knowledge, we all learn it. Don't let anyone tell you they are more intelligent than you. If you can read, then obviously you can search for the truth.

Lizlee:
Ok, so I've been wondering why a whole lot of people think the vaccine will initiate them into a cult or 666. I am vaccinated and I can assure you that there is nothing to fear. Jeez. I wonder why a whole lot of people believe that musicians sacrifice their "souls" to the devil in order to be successful. And some people even believe that Bill Gates is behind COVID-19.

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by leofab(f): 9:37am On Oct 17, 2021
A refined free thinker can’t been a Christian
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Lizlee: 9:56am On Oct 17, 2021
peggywebbs:
Covid19 vaccine turns up blank, Why?

Özlem Türeci is the woman behind a leading COVID vaccine.

So what are you saying?
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by helinues: 9:57am On Oct 17, 2021
I wonder oo

Same COVID they couldn't do a shit about but relying on science
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by helinues: 9:58am On Oct 17, 2021
peggywebbs:
The point is people are sceptical about the vaccines. Whether its because they believe is 666 behind it or Bill Gate, it is inconsequential. The point is people don't just trust it. Here's why?

Its new, people don't easily accept change.
History, people don't know who are behind the vaccines. If you search for Inventors of vaccines whether polio, meningitis, hepatitis, etc. There is always someone behind it. Covid19 vaccine turns up blank, Why?

History again, there has been negative consequences of using these experiment vaccines in recent times. Its not so far away, Kano is a good example. Before you check other countries.

Again, History of the disease, if you can answer honestly, what exactly is the root cause of Covid, apart from transmission, everything else is blank.

Adverse effects and deaths, why are they underreported. The fact that you don't have any symptoms now doesn't leave you in the clear. Unless you are in denial. Nobody knows the long term effects of the vaccine, the short term effects are not encouraging considering the blood clots and heart failure that go with it. And that is just a few.

Again, do you know what exactly is in the vaccine. If you have done your research, you will know that the info is patented. Nobody is privy to the main ingredients of the vaccine. So you don't know exactly what is in it.

Again, whistleblowers from these vaccine companies have called these companies out for endangering people's lives. I'll advise you to check out Project Veritas, it's not a conspiracy platform. It has been revealed that the vaccines contain fetal cells from aborted fetus. The fact that they are hiding this information from the public makes it even more very sceptical.

The mRNA technology they keep whitewashing has raised many objections in previous years. If you did your research, you would know that mRNA started its journey over 30 years ago. It never got approval because of the challenges with this medicine. There were many health concerns and how they managed to push this out even makes it very suspicious.

Anyway, again the fact that nobody will be held liable is another cause for concern. So it goes beyond the 666, new world order, or depopulation agenda. Mistrust breeds conspiracy and unless questions are answered, the conspiracy won't go away any time soon.

If there is anything Africans or Nigerians are not is conspiracy theorists. No Nigerian wants to die, we drink the most bitter herbs and nobody questions where the leaves are plucked or even their names. If Covid 19 was flooding the streets like you see malaria or cold during the cold season, you would see people on the queue for the vaccine. We have our own issues, insecurity, poverty, unemployment and the least of them is Covid. Despite the way the media parades the vaccines, Nigeria still has the least cases. And I even know a number of people who were given false positive results which obviously was included in NCDC statistics. They'll do the first test which shows positive, only to take a second and it ends up negative. It only goes to show how very unreliable the PCR tests are. Not saying people don't get Covid, but again its not on Nigeria's hit list.

Good luck you took the vaccine and I hope it wears out of your system quickly. However, its your choice if you want to add boosters to it. I will advise you do your research and not follow blindly. Nobody was born with knowledge, we all learn it. Don't let anyone tell you they are more intelligent than you. If you can read, then obviously you can search for the truth.

What is 666 to start with?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:09am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:
Ok, so I've been wondering why a whole lot of people think the vaccine will initiate them into a cult or 666. I am vaccinated and I can assure you that there is nothing to fear. Jeez. I wonder why a whole lot of people believe that musicians sacrifice their "souls" to the devil in order to be successful. And some people even believe that Bill Gates is behind COVID-19

Simple thinking!
1) Poisons are never applied in the presence of Victims.

2) Poisoners and Criminals are the ones who cause harm and destruction, therefore they have no need to watch their backs.

It is the Law Abiding citizens who have to be very watchful about the movements and activities of Criminals!
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by jmoore(m): 10:21am On Oct 17, 2021
Workch:
And you are not a victim of conspiracy theory by believing apes are your cousins?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by jmoore(m): 10:24am On Oct 17, 2021
leofab:
A refined free thinker can’t been a Christian
Anyone that doesn't agree with you is not a freethinker.

What sense does it make for all freethinkers to think same way? Fake freethinking.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by peggywebbs(f): 10:41am On Oct 17, 2021
Funny you, Özlem Türeci is the Chief Medical Officer and Co-founder of BioNTech. She's not even the person who discovered mRNA..mtchew.

They have credited covid vaccine to people like
Kathlyn Kariko
Drew Weissman

These two did not discover Covid vaccine however, they were actively involved in the research of mRNA which obviously had been rejected several times since it was first discovered in the 60s. They were involved in research trying to turn mRNA to vaccines. By the way they are not even sure they have succeeded because. Thanks to you guys taking the vaccine, they will be getting their observations.
Uğur Şahin (CEO BioNtech) - he is a business man billionaire.

The mRNA vaccines were in study and certainly not for covid19. They only used the opportunity to push this vaccine out because people desperately needed a solution for covid19. Do your research and stop following news channels. Deep research involves journals and not government news. Like I said there is not one person that invented Covid19 vaccine. And this mRNA drug is very controversial, I will suggest you study its long history. Till date, they refused to disclose what exactly comprises of mRNA, what type of technology it is..the closest definition of mRNA is that it is a molecule comprising of mRNA, that's an obvious block.

Lizlee:

Özlem Türeci is the woman behind a leading COVID vaccine.

So what are you saying?
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by peggywebbs(f): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2021
Don't go there, if you did not understand what I wrote. I have nothing to discuss about 666. I don't know what it is and how it would come. I was talking about people's scepticism towards the vaccine. Thank you.

helinues:

What is 666 to start with?
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by helinues: 10:45am On Oct 17, 2021
peggywebbs:
Don't go there, if you did not understand what I wrote. I have nothing to discuss about 666. I don't know what it is and how it would come. I was talking about people's scepticism towards the vaccine. Thank you.

If people can believe the 666 sign which is another conspiracy theory, not surprised about the Vaccines conspiracy theory
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by leofab(f): 10:48am On Oct 17, 2021
jmoore:

Anyone that doesn't agree with you is not a freethinker.

What sense does it make for all freethinkers to think same way? Fake freethinking.
someone who thinks freely will never swallow a book both hook and sinker.. you will end up asking questions; which is the fastest ways to derail

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Incredible128: 10:49am On Oct 17, 2021
falcon01:
1. Delusion
2. Inability to think Rationally
3. Gullibility
I swear u just said my mind, think about the guys that believed d 5g bullshit grin; me I believe that all these conspiracy idiots are just out to make money so they feed d human mind with what it wants to hear, after all the world is hard and money mist be made to pay the bills grin
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by peggywebbs(f): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2021
Christians have a reason to be weary of 666. Just like you are weary of conspiracy. What they believe to be true is conspiracy for you. What is true for you is conspiracy for them. Everyone has their belief system and I think we should respect that. I am a Christian, and like I said I don't know how the 666 will come. However, that is not my reason for being suspicious of the vaccine.

Like I said, I did a lot of digging and I'm still researching. I quantify the risk and gain before subscribing to anything. My reason for avoiding it is simply the adverse effects.

A lot of people have reported a lot of heart related problems with it and if anything affects the heart, then it should be looked at closely. You can't do a heart transplant and that leaves the person dead. So what is the effect of the vaccine on the heart in the next 5 to 20 years. Will people develop heart attacks before they clock 40?

helinues:

If people can believe the 666 sign which is another conspiracy theory, not surprised about the Vaccines conspiracy theory
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by helinues: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2021
peggywebbs:
Christians have a reason to be weary of 666. Just like you are weary of conspiracy. What they believe to be true is conspiracy for you. What is true for you is conspiracy for them. Everyone has their belief system and I think we should respect that. I am a Christian, and like I said I don't know how the 666 will come. However, that is not my reason for being suspicious of the vaccine.

Like I said, I did a lot of digging and I'm still researching. I quantify the risk and gain before subscribing to anything. My reason for avoiding it is simply the adverse effects.

A lot of people have reported a lot of heart related problems with it and if anything affects the heart, then it should be looked at closely. You can't do a heart transplant and that leaves the person dead. So what is the effect of the vaccine on the heart in the next 5 to 20 years. Will people develop heart attacks before they clock 40?

Before the COVID, have people not been dying?

Before the vaccines for COVID, have other medical treatments not been going wrong?

How many lives would have lost without the intervention of COVID?

Have there been anything 100% accurate?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Workch: 11:05am On Oct 17, 2021
jmoore:

And you are not a victim of conspiracy theory by believing apes are your cousins?
Nope, I'm aware that we are not cousin's to apes but we are apes by ourselves.
How is that a conspiracy theory?
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by peggywebbs(f): 11:19am On Oct 17, 2021
I'm happy you said this. The question is how many people has Covid 19 killed in Nigeria? We know it can be prevented, we know we have to boost our immunity.

We also know that medical science errors are not reparable. However, they also can be prevented through caution.

Yes people will die certainly at the right time. But some deaths can be prevented with caution and the right attitude. If someone says I have a cure for something, the logical question is "Does it work?"

If it works, you also wonder if the cure does more damage than the sickness. We shouldn't play ignorance because we are educated. Asking questions and showing scepticism is part of human intelligence. That's why if a writer publishes a book, there will always be a critic or sceptic. It doesn't mean they are unintelligent, it just shows, they have the ability to see the things people miss. Whether you agree with their analysis or not is inconsequential. The important part is, are they stating fact or just trolling.

So I always tell people to look deeper. Don't take things hook, line and sinker.

helinues:

Before the COVID, have people not been dying?

Before the vaccines for COVID, have other medical treatments not been going wrong?

How many lives would have lost without the intervention of COVID?

Have there been anything 100% accurate?
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Lizlee: 11:31am On Oct 17, 2021
peggywebbs:
Funny you, Özlem Türeci is the Chief Medical Officer and Co-founder of BioNTech. She's not even the person who discovered mRNA..mtchew.

They have credited covid vaccine to people like
Kathlyn Kariko
Drew Weissman

These two did not discover Covid vaccine however, they were actively involved in the research of mRNA which obviously had been rejected several times since it was first discovered in the 60s. They were involved in research trying to turn mRNA to vaccines. By the way they are not even sure they have succeeded because. Thanks to you guys taking the vaccine, they will be getting their observations.
Uğur Şahin (CEO BioNtech) - he is a business man billionaire.

The mRNA vaccines were in study and certainly not for covid19. They only used the opportunity to push this vaccine out because people desperately needed a solution for covid19. Do your research and stop following news channels. Deep research involves journals and not government news. Like I said there is not one person that invented Covid19 vaccine. And this mRNA drug is very controversial, I will suggest you study its long history. Till date, they refused to disclose what exactly comprises of mRNA, what type of technology it is..the closest definition of mRNA is that it is a molecule comprising of mRNA, that's an obvious block.

Ok World Health Organization grin
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by Lizlee: 11:33am On Oct 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Simple thinking!
1) Poisons are never applied in the presence of Victims.

2) Poisoners and Criminals are the ones who cause harm and destruction, therefore they have no need to watch their backs.

It is the Law Abiding citizens who have to be very watchful about the movements and activities of Criminals!

Ok doctor.
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:48am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

Please when talking about conspiracy theories know that it's misinformed Churchgoers that are confused not real Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) as i'm talking to you now almost 80% of the entire population of JWs globally has been vaccinated because we are working round the globe to make sure we abide by the orders issued by the authorities! Romans 13:1-4

We only go against constituted authorities when they demand for what rightfully belongs to our God! Act 4:18-20

Apart from what rightfully belongs to our God we must give Caesar's things to Caesar! Matthew 22:21 smiley
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by jmoore(m): 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
Workch:
Nope, I'm aware that we are not cousin's to apes but we are apes by ourselves.
How is that a conspiracy theory?
So calling you an APE shouldn't sound racist or demeaning? Your awareness is amazing.
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by jmoore(m): 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2021
leofab:
someone who thinks freely will never swallow a book both hook and sinker.. you will end up asking questions; which is the fastest ways to derail
And I should believe your opinion hook, line and sinker? The hypocrisy of you all!! If I question your own opinion, it means I am not a freethinker? But if you question mine, you are a freethinker? Clap for yourself!!

Smh
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by peggywebbs(f): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
You are obeying constituted authority but you reject national anthem?

You don't accept blood transfusion but vaccine is a yes. Interesting.

MaxInDHouse:

Please when talking about conspiracy theories know that it's misinformed Churchgoers that are confused not real Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) as i'm talking to you now almost 80% of the entire population of JWs globally has been vaccinated because we are working round the globe to make sure we abide by the orders issued by the authorities! Romans 13:1-4

We only go against constituted authorities when they demand for what rightfully belongs to our God! Act 4:18-20

Apart from what rightfully belongs to our God we must give Caesar's things to Caesar! Matthew 22:21 smiley
Re: Why Are Christians Susceptible To Conspiracy Theories? by peggywebbs(f): 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2021
You're welcome.. salute.

Lizlee:

Ok World Health Organization grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will The War Of Armageddon Begin In Israel? / I Need A Church I Can Play For: / Calling On Muslims -only-interested In Establishing University College Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.