Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. (828 Views)

When Last Did You Check Your Power Steering Oil. Eh!!! / Hyundai Accent Electronic Power Steering Problem / Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. by 606thearena: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2021
Good morning house please my power oil steering is shorting Toyota Camry 2010 le . I have top it like 4 times in a space of a month . Just bought the car some months back every other thing works fine . I like to know every thing so as not to appear as a novice when I go visit the Mechanic . And please when will I know when to change my gear oil in my car . Please guys I will be waiting for your response in earnest .
Re: Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. by nrexzy: 8:29am On Oct 17, 2021
Don't change gear oil oo... Make I no go buy new gearbox
Re: Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. by Grupo(m): 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
606thearena:
Good morning house please my power oil steering is shorting Toyota Camry 2010 le . I have top it like 4 times in a space of a month . Just bought the car some months back every other thing works fine . I like to know every thing so as not to appear as a novice when I go visit the Mechanic . And please when will I know when to change my gear oil in my car . Please guys I will be waiting for your response in earnest .

Replacement gear box for your car is expensive. Better leave it alone. Gear oil is not like normal engine oil that you change frequently.

Make you no go use your hand spoil your car.

As for your power steering oil, just see a good mechanic. Don't be afraid of appearing like novice. We all were once novices. Yes, the mechanic fit chop you if they are dishonest. But in all, you will learn with time.

You may watch YouTube videos to understand why your oil may be leaking. This helps.

1 Like

Re: Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. by dru23(m): 1:33pm On Oct 17, 2021
606thearena:

I had similar issue with my power steering pump. It kept shorting oil . The steering will get stiff and hard and would hear a whining noise. I use to carry a small bottle of fluid with me at the time. Every time the steering gets stiff I will than top the fluid.. It was tedious after a while....

So I had a mechanic checked it out. Thank God it was a steering hose that was leaking. So steering hose was replaced and problem solved... Have your mechanic check or trace the leaks.. Have them check the hose. Have them do all these things before concluding that steering pump needs replacement.

For your transmission please don't mess with it . If your transmission fluid is still pinkish in color leave it. If it is dark change it with the recommended fluid. Transmission are very delicate , you dont want to mess with it unless it needs changing
Re: Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. by alphaNomega: 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
How is a 2010 vehicle still using hydraulic power steering?
Re: Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. by diportivo: 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2021
alphaNomega:
How is a 2010 vehicle still using hydraulic power steering?

Re: Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. by 606thearena: 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2021
dru23:

I had similar issue with my power steering pump. It kept shorting oil . The steering will get stiff and hard and would hear a whining noise. I use to carry a small bottle of fluid with me at the time. Every time the steering gets stiff I will than top the fluid.. It was tedious after a while....

So I had a mechanic checked it out. Thank God it was a steering hose that was leaking. So steering hose was replaced and problem solved... Have your mechanic check or trace the leaks.. Have them check the hose. Have them do all these things before concluding that steering pump needs replacement.

For your transmission please don't mess with it . If your transmission fluid is still pinkish in color leave it. If it is dark change it with the recommended fluid. Transmission are very delicate , you dont want to mess with it unless it needs changing

Thanks bro I really appreciate.
How much did you spend on it and it is on of recent you did yours .
Re: Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. by 606thearena: 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2021
Grupo:

Replacement gear box for your car is expensive. Better leave it alone. Gear oil is not like normal engine oil that you change frequently.

Make you no go use your hand spoil your car.

As for your power steering oil, just see a good mechanic. Don't be afraid of appearing like novice. We all were once novices. Yes, the mechanic fit chop you if they are dishonest. But in all, you will learn with time.

You may watch YouTube videos to understand why your oil may be leaking. This helps.
Thanks boss

I really appreciate. I have Toyota mechanic check it out.
Re: Power Steering Oil Leaking Toyota Camry 2010. by dru23(m): 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2021
606thearena:

Thanks bro I really appreciate.
How much did you spend on it and it is on of recent you did yours .

This was with my personal car in the states.. It was a Nissan Altima ser 2005.. This happened about 10 years ago. I can't recall the total cost of repair, but I was happy I didn't have to replace the steering pump

(1) (Reply)

How Strong And Reliable Are Kia's Cars? / I Want To Buy Lexus SUV / Why Are Nigeria Used Ford Cars So Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.