Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

What Fasting Does To Prayer. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Fasting Does To Prayer. (570 Views)

TB Joshua On Four-Day Visit To “Prayer Mountain” Over COVID-19 / TB Joshua Goes To Prayer Mountain To Break Chains Of COVID-19 (PHOTOS/VIDEO) / Countries Ranked According To Prayer, Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2021
Men should always pray. You can pray without fasting but fasting without praying is just a weight loss program.

Imagine you are a log of wood with a treasure hidden inside of you but also with many negative issues clinging on to you. You need to burn the wood to char off all the troubling elements and reveal the treasure within.

Prayer is what sets you on fire. If the wood is dripping wet (with food) it will take a long time to catch fire. On the other hand, if the wood is dry (from fasting) it will catch fire very easily. The longer you fast and pray, the fiercer the fire burns. Not too many things in creation can resist fire.

Why don’t you set yourself on fire today and watch life’s troubling issues melt away? In the end you will come out as gold refined.

NB: The above analogy is also obtainable in other religions of the world. Even the wicked know and practice this. That is why the lazy children of light fall prey to “burning” children of darkness.

2 Likes

Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Searchingvictor: 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2023
embarassed
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nebes:
Men should always pray. You can pray without fasting but fasting without praying is just a weight loss program. Imagine you are a log of wood with a treasure hidden inside of you but also with many negative issues clinging on to you. You need to burn the wood to char off all the troubling elements and reveal the treasure within. Prayer is what sets you on fire. If the wood is dripping wet (with food) it will take a long time to catch fire. On the other hand, if the wood is dry (from fasting) it will catch fire very easily. The longer you fast and pray, the fiercer the fire burns. Not too many things in creation can resist fire.
Why don’t you set yourself on fire today and watch life’s troubling issues melt away? In the end you will come out as gold refined. NB: The above analogy is also obtainable in other religions of the world. Even the wicked know and practice this. That is why the lazy children of light fall prey to “burning” children of darkness.
Prayer and fasting do absolutely none of what you claim here since God Himself never said it is your prayer that He reacts to. Rather, what God said, and remains the solution to this day is obedience that progresses through to holiness and then righteousness, that is what God requires/mandates from all those who seek Him, and He will never lower His standard for any man. For this reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness), and God's righteousness in order that all these things — the promises and blessings of the Kingdom of God— shall be added onto one. You cannot reject God's instructions and still expect God to be excited about you. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Prayer and fasting do absolutely none of what you claim here since God Himself never said it is your prayer that He reacts to. Rather, what God said, and remains the solution to this day is obedience that progresses through to holiness and then righteousness, that is what God requires/mandates from all those who seek Him, and He will never lower His standard for any man. For this reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness), and God's righteousness in order that all these things — the promises and blessings of the Kingdom of God— shall be added onto one. You cannot reject God's instructions and still expect God to be excited about you. undecided

It is written specifically in the bible that we should pray without ceasing (1 Thes. 5:17).

In Matthew 17:21, Christ Himself specifically pointed out that prayer and fasting should go hand in hand for difficult cases.

Your submissions are in order but also remember that it is written that 'my house should be a house of prayer' (Matt 21:13). Christ was even disappointed that His disciples could not pray with Him even for an hour. (Matt 26:40).

I can go on and on. Please encourage men to pray as the Lord has asked us.

1 Like

Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nebes:
■ It is written specifically in the bible that we should pray without ceasing (1 Thes. 5:17).
■ In Matthew 17:21, Christ Himself specifically pointed out that prayer and fasting should go hand in hand for difficult cases.
■ Your submissions are in order but also remember that it is written that 'my house should be a house of prayer' (Matt 21:13).
■ Christ was even disappointed that His disciples could not pray with Him even for an hour. (Matt 26:40).
■ I can go on and on. Please encourage men to pray as the Lord has asked us.
1. Jesus Christ Himself said you should pray without ceasing, what He didn't say though is that prayer lights you up or keeps you connected to God. undecided

2. Jesus Christ was specific in that case but again, Jesus Christ never said that prayer and fasting are the way to connect to the Father. undecided

3. The House of God referenced in Matthew 21 was in fact the Temple in Jerusalem at the time. God Himself destroyed that House and made it unholy promising that when the time of the resurrection comes, He would restore His Temple and gather all Nations to it Himself. Let's be careful to stop twisting the Word to pretend it says what it does not in fact say. undecided

4. Jesus Christ urged His disciples to pray but He never said that prayer was the key to doing God's bidding nor that prayer was the key to receiving from God. undecided

5. Sure, you can go on and on but the fact is Jesus Christ never said prayer is the key as far as the Kingdom of God nor to getting God's attention. What Jesus Christ instead said is that those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 23 and that doing the Will of His Father is how one earns the Love of God - John 15 vs 9 - 11. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Jesus Christ Himself said you should pray without ceasing, what He didn't say though is that prayer lights you up or keeps you connected to God. undecided

2. Jesus Christ was specific in that case but again, Jesus Christ never said that prayer and fasting are the way to connect to the Father. undecided

3. The House of God referenced in Matthew 21 was in fact the Temple in Jerusalem at the time. God Himself destroyed that House and made it unholy promising that when the time of the resurrection comes, He would restore His Temple and gather all Nations to it Himself. Let's be careful to stop twisting the Word to pretend it says what it does not in fact say. undecided

4. Jesus Christ urged His disciples to pray but He never said that prayer was the key to doing God's bidding nor that prayer was the key to receiving from God. undecided

5. Sure, you can go on and on but the fact is Jesus Christ never said prayer is the key as far as the Kingdom of God nor to getting God's attention. What Jesus Christ instead said is that those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 23 and that doing the Will of His Father is how one earns the Love of God - John 15 vs 9 - 11. undecided

Ok.
No arguments.
Christ is the goal.
Remain connected to Him.
See you in paradise.
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nebes:
Ok. No arguments. Christ is the goal. Remain connected to Him. See you in paradise.
Paradise means the grave, and those who die either cease to exist or sleep in the grave. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Paradise means the grave, and those who die either cease to exist or sleep in the grave. undecided

Whichever way, stay connected to Christ.
Like I said, no arguments.
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nebes:
Whichever way, stay connected to Christ. Like I said, no arguments.
Don't worry about me. Let's stop posting lies using the name of Jesus Christ in the meantime. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Don't worry about me. Let's stop posting lies using the name of Jesus Christ in the meantime. undecided

Christ will forever remain in the forefront of our discusses. HE however is the only truth.
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 10:04pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nebes:
■ Christ will forever remain in the forefront of our discusses. HE however is the only truth.
He is the Truth and He warned His followers against those who would use His name to teach lies and deceit. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 10:07pm On Sep 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
He is the Truth and He warned His followers against those who would use His name to teach lies and deceit. undecided

I'm glad you acknowledge Him as the truth. Stick to that knowledge. I'll keep striving to become like Him

1 Like

Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 10:09pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nebes:
■ I'm glad you acknowledge Him as the truth. Stick to that knowledge. I'll keep striving to become like Him
Jesus Christ did insist that all lies spread in His name are against Him — antiChrist— so I do not see how one striving for Him would busy Himself with spewing lies using His name is what. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 10:10pm On Sep 25, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ did insist that all lies spread in His name are against Him — antiChrist— so I do not see how one striving for Him would busy Himself with spewing lies using His name is what. undecided

He alone is the TRUTH.
Leave me to the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nebes:
■ He alone is the TRUTH. Leave me to the Holy Spirit.
The Spirit of God is not a magician. He will not force the Truth of God on you if you do not first seek and submit to it. He will not shove the Truth of God at you when you choose the lies instead. And by the way, the Holy Spirit cannot live inside of anyone who is not first Holy — set free from slavery to sin—, so when I hear people who spread lies using the name of God say that the Holy Spirit lives inside of them, I wonder if they are intentionally trying to make God an accomplice in the lies they spew against Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by judedwriter(m): 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2023
Nebes:
Men should always pray. You can pray without fasting but fasting without praying is just a weight loss program.

Imagine you are a log of wood with a treasure hidden inside of you but also with many negative issues clinging on to you. You need to burn the wood to char off all the troubling elements and reveal the treasure within.

Prayer is what sets you on fire. If the wood is dripping wet (with food) it will take a long time to catch fire. On the other hand, if the wood is dry (from fasting) it will catch fire very easily. The longer you fast and pray, the fiercer the fire burns. Not too many things in creation can resist fire.

Why don’t you set yourself on fire today and watch life’s troubling issues melt away? In the end you will come out as gold refined.

NB: The above analogy is also obtainable in other religions of the world. Even the wicked know and practice this. That is why the lazy children of light fall prey to “burning” children of darkness.

Unfortunately, most Christians are allergic to fasting without understanding we need to fast often.

We are primarily spiritual beings living in a physical environment controlled by the spiritual realm.

Therefore fasting isn't an option.

1 Like

Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 6:09am On Sep 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
The Spirit of God is not a magician. He will not force the Truth of God on you if you do not first seek and submit to it. He will not shove the Truth of God at you when you choose the lies instead. And by the way, the Holy Spirit cannot live inside of anyone who is not first Holy — set free from slavery to sin—, so when I hear people who spread lies using the name of God say that the Holy Spirit lives inside of them, I wonder if they are intentionally trying to make God an accomplice in the lies they spew against Jesus Christ. undecided

I am happy seeing you advocating for Christ and holiness.
Well done!!!
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:04am On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:

I am happy seeing you advocating for Christ and holiness. Well done!!!

Funny Churchgoers!

So anyone making noise on social media is an advocate of Christ shey?

Well that's why we implore you people to study the Bible with two or three persons as a group {Matthew 18:20 compare to Malachi 3:16} so that you can gain accurate knowledge.

The tag "CHRISTIANS" was given to the disciples of Jesus in an ancient city called "Antioch" they were moving in pairs from house to house just as their teacher taught them {Luke 10:1} that's what the inhabitants of Antioch saw before they began calling them "CHRISTIANS" meaning the followers of the man from Nazareth claimed he is the CHRIST.

So if anyone is saying anything but unable to present his or her fellow believers {Matthew 12:46-50} who are also teaching the same thing then such a person is not one of the disciples of Christ Jesus {1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3} Jesus formed a group of preachers and teachers, and begged his father to unite them as One {John 17:22} therefore whoever can't point to his or her fellow believers with whom he or she shared the same line of thought is a worker of INIQUITY! Matthew 7:21-23

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by MightySparrow: 7:40am On Sep 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Funny Churchgoers!

Well that's why we implore you people to study the Bible with two or three persons as a group {Matthew 18:20 compare to Malachi 3:16} so that you can gain accurate knowledge.

The tag "CHRISTIANS" was given to the disciples of Jesus in an ancient city called "Antioch" they were moving in pairs from house to house just as their teacher taught them {Luke 10:1} that's what the inhabitants of Antioch saw before they began calling them "CHRISTIANS" meaning the followers of the man from Nazareth claimed he is the CHRIST.

So if anyone is saying anything but unable to present his or her fellow believers {Matthew 12:46-50} who are also teaching the same thing then such a person is not one of the disciples of Christ Jesus {1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3} Jesus formed a group of preachers and teachers, and begged his father to unite them as One {John 17:22} therefore whoever can't point to his or her fellow believers with whom he or she shared the same line of thought is a worker of INIQUITY! Matthew 7:21-23

The topic is fasting and prayer. This digression is about what? I remember you claimed that passage about fasting is not part of the Bible.

Your organization does not believe in fasting also?
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 8:43am On Sep 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Funny Churchgoers!

Christ is the ultimate point. As long as He is the focus of discussion, salvation is near.
Thank you for joining in discussing Christ.
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:09am On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:

Christ is the ultimate point.

YES!
And the purpose of the Christ is to gather imperfect but faithful humans under one umbrella so if anyone is claiming he or she knows the Christ but can't point out his or her brethren with whom to share the same line of thought just as Christ did @ Matthew 12:46-50 such a person hasn't known Christ!
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 9:15am On Sep 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

YES!
And the purpose of the Christ is to gather imperfect but faithful humans under one umbrella so if anyone is claiming he or she knows the Christ but can't point out his or her brethren with whom to share the same line of thought just as Christ did @ Matthew 12:46-50 such a person hasn't known Christ!

With all Apostle Paul's exploits he was still praying to know Christ (Philippians 3:10).
Till we see Him we will never know Him fully.
Even in our misconceptions and misunderstandings, we'll keep seeking Him on this side of God's kingdom
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:18am On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:

With all Apostle Paul's exploits he was still praying to know Christ (Philippians 3:10).
Even in our misconceptions and misunderstandings, we'll keep seeking Him on this side of God's kingdom
Know Jesus: in what sense? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:
■ I am happy seeing you advocating for Christ and holiness. Well done!!!
My issue is with the lies in your OP which purport to be of Jesus Christ when they are not. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:
Your misconception of Paul's opinion aside, If you do not know Him— Jesus Christ— before you leave this world, does that mean you have no assurance of where you stand with Him or what? undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Your misconception of Paul's opinion aside, If you do not know Him— Jesus Christ— before you leave this world, does that mean you have no assurance of where you stand with Him or what? undecided

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
(1 John 3:2)
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
My issue is with the lies in your OP which purport to be of Jesus Christ when they are not. undecided

Christ alone is the truth.
Everything else is a lie.
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:
■ Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. (1 John 3:2)
Explain to me how you came to conclude that the "what we will be has not yet been made known" which John wrote of there is a direct reference to the knowing of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:
■ Christ alone is the truth. Everything else is a lie.
If indeed you believe Jesus Christ to be the Truth then what part has the lies in our OP to do with HIm? undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:

Christ alone is the truth.
Everything else is a lie.

"Christ alone"

Yet you're here claiming what others disagreed with when they're also claiming they belong to the same CHRIST!

Most of you don't know what Christ stands for, you just assume that once the name is mentioned every other thing should be swept under the carpet.

Well continue searching for those having your Christ ALONE without any form of disagreement! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 5:07pm On Sep 26, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

"Christ alone"

Yet you're here claiming what others disagreed with when they're also claiming they belong to the same CHRIST!

Most of you don't know what Christ stands for, you just assume that once the name is mentioned every other thing should be swept under the carpet.

Well continue searching for those having your Christ ALONE without any form of disagreement! smiley

We can disagree all we want but let Christ remain the central point.
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 5:08pm On Sep 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
If indeed you believe Jesus Christ to be the Truth then what part has the lies in our OP to do with HIm? undecided

Focus on The Christ.
Feel free to ignore whatever you don't agree with.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria – Bishop Oyedepo / . / The Supreme Body Of Ogboni Association Worldwide Gets 1st President, Oba Tajudee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.