Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

What Fasting Does To Prayer. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Fasting Does To Prayer. (584 Views)

TB Joshua On Four-Day Visit To “Prayer Mountain” Over COVID-19 / TB Joshua Goes To Prayer Mountain To Break Chains Of COVID-19 (PHOTOS/VIDEO) / Countries Ranked According To Prayer, Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Explain to me how you came to conclude that the "what we will be has not yet been made known" which John wrote of there is a direct reference to the knowing of Jesus Christ. undecided

The verse makes it clear that NOW we are already children of God. The joyful aspect remains that we will be like Christ.

Ignore me and focus on Jesus.
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:
■ Focus on The Christ. Feel free to ignore whatever you don't agree with.
The same way Jesus Christ didn't ignore the hogwash spewed by the Pharisees using the name of God, I too cannot simply ignore the lies spewed in the name of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:
■ The verse makes it clear that NOW we are already children of God. The joyful aspect remains that we will be like Christ. Ignore me and focus on Jesus.
Rather what the verse makes clear is that John was speaking particularly to those who had attained Sonship in Jesus Christ — not everyone who claims to believe in Jesus Christ can also claim to be of the children of God. After all, Jesus Christ made clear that some of those who pretend to be of God are in fact children of the devil - John 8 vs 31 - 44. What that verse does not speak to is the claim that you made earlier about not having a knowing of the person of Jesus Christ until after death... that runs counter to that spoken by Jesus Christ Himself who said that inside of those who belong to Him, He and the Father will make their homes inside of - John 14 vs 15-23. Is it possible for the Almighty to live inside of one and the one does not have a knowing of this? undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Rather what the verse makes clear is that John was speaking particularly to those who had attained Sonship in Jesus Christ — not everyone who claims to believe in Jesus Christ can also claim to be of the children of God. After all, Jesus Christ made clear that some of those who pretend to be of God are in fact children of the devil - John 8 vs 31 - 44. What that verse does not speak to is the claim that you made earlier about not having a knowing of the person of Jesus Christ until after death... that runs counter to that spoken by Jesus Christ Himself who said that inside of those who belong to Him, He and the Father will make their homes inside of - John 14 vs 15-23. Is it possible for the Almighty to live inside of one and the one does not have a knowing of this? undecided

I will be glad if you believe in Christ and you are one of the children of God. That will be enough for me.
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 5:46pm On Sep 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
The same way Jesus Christ didn't ignore the hogwash spewed by the Pharisees using the name of God, I too cannot simply ignore the lies spewed in the name of Jesus Christ. undecided

As long as Kobojunkiee is a believer I am okay.
I pray you join the ranks of those preaching the true gospel.
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Kobojunkiee: 7:53pm On Sep 26, 2023
Nebes:
■ As long as Kobojunkiee is a believer I am okay.
I pray you join the ranks of those preaching the true gospel.
Stop preaching that which is not the Gospel all while using the name of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: What Fasting Does To Prayer. by Nebes: 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Stop preaching that which is not the Gospel all while using the name of Jesus Christ. undecided

Apostle Kobojunkiee!!!!
Please be preaching to us in the mighty name of Jesus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How many Jehovah's/Yahwe exist (Jews, Trinitarians, Jehovah witness) / Salvation Is All About Faith In Jesus Plus Nothing. / Seminarian Slumps And Died While Acting Passion Of Christ Drama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.