Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 (3292 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Refining Of 60,000 Barrels Per Day In 2023 / Police To Discipline CSP Johnbull Who Accused Army Of Conniving With Kidnappers / Nnamdi Kanu: Ahmadu Bello, Fulani People Started Hate Speech In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by onumadu: 6:21am On Oct 18, 2021
Culled from the historical book "British Nigeria". By Lieut -Col A.F. Mockler-Ferryman

1 Like

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by onumadu: 6:22am On Oct 18, 2021
I now understand how middlebelt and southern ethnic groups stopped the Jihadist move southwards.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by Manq(m): 6:38am On Oct 18, 2021
Core northerners made a big mistake by letting the Fulani in

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by bcomputer101: 6:45am On Oct 18, 2021
History will never forget. Very soon Biafra shall be free

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by realstars: 6:50am On Oct 18, 2021
History And Protest Is Forbiden By APC In Nigeria,

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by louqas: 6:56am On Oct 18, 2021
realstars:
History And Protest Is Forbiden By APC In Nigeria,

History was stopped in schools during PDP regime of Obj using an ibo woman oby.....Apc restored history to schools

Knowyourhistory

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by TeeGentle(m): 6:57am On Oct 18, 2021
wow see how this small ones defeat the big ones
History can never be forgotten it will go from one person to another from one generation to another

2 Likes

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by ceragon123: 8:12am On Oct 18, 2021
History is so powerful that it takes you on a journey back to time. This is recorded and even if things have changed due to so many factors and chain reactions, no one can take away the facts and events that took place back then.

Man know thyself.

2 Likes

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by AntiBMC(m): 8:17am On Oct 18, 2021
History is very powerful information, that's why they banned history from being taught in our schools.

They've always had ds agenda to conquer Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by SisterFire(f): 9:16am On Oct 18, 2021
History is great , without it how can wisemen know the future
What Lagos cowards don't know is that
" if those who fight for their generation unborn are 1000 they can defeat an army of 10,000 "
Y is it so ,the word passion comes to mind
The 10,000 fighters or invaders aren't passionate to the course but were paid for their wickedness and money can't ignite that passion in u ,
Only those with passion are the few evil old men who send youngmen to their wicked course

,4000 Czech youths defeated roman empire together with their evil leaders 600years ago

3 Likes

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by SisterFire(f): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2021
onumadu:
I now understand how middlebelt and southern ethnic groups stopped the Jihadist move southwards.
...They replaced Fulani hate to Igbo hate in 1966 and they are doomed forever . making who isn't ur enemy ur arch-enemy then ur arch-enemy ur friend ..

How Fulani warred against their ancestors years back no one will knew today that middlebelt or Hausa will ever be friend fulanis ever ... Fulanis can play dangerous games how to made children of their enemies remove hateful eyes from them in 1966 ,then made them channel it to the Igbos marvels me till date.

1 Like

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by pacino26(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2021
So because a small village remained true to their spiritual beliefs and we're neither Muslim nor Christians the good writer called them Pagans?

To the topic, there is nothing a dedicated few can't be able to achieve so long as there is unity of purpose. In this case they didn't let the fulas march in and start converting them; probably after killing some, raping their women and other things.

So maybe other few dedicated should spring up and help rescue the next generation before they are even born.

5 Likes

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by SisterFire(f): 9:31am On Oct 18, 2021
pacino26:
So because a small village remained true to their spiritual beliefs and we're neither Muslim nor Christians the good writer called them Pagans?

To the topic, there is nothing a dedicated few can't be able to achieve so long as there is unity of purpose. In this case they didn't let the fulas march in and start converting them; probably after killing some, raping their women and other things.

So maybe other few dedicated should spring up and help rescue the next generation before they are even born.
...Fulanis fight to install religion of Lucifer called islam to the people because they know its a strong weapon against freedom and brainusing ,
Fulanis are godless in nature but religion is their weapon of colonization.
As they use Islam to crumble Nigeria ,they also used Christianity to crumble CAR...but were defeated

6 Likes

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by Unseen(m): 10:50am On Oct 18, 2021
louqas:

History was stopped in schools during PDP regime of Obj using an ibo woman oby.....Apc restored history to schools

Knowyourhistory

PDP regime started in 1999. I was in Senior Secondary then and I was never taught History before 1999. Was PDP in power since 1970?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by Buckeyemedia1: 11:01am On Oct 18, 2021
onumadu:
An event of 1826, yet in 2021 you don’t know how to structure your life? Very funny.
Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by Buckeyemedia1: 11:03am On Oct 18, 2021
Unseen:

PDP regime started in 1999. I was in Senior Secondary then and I was never taught History before 1999. Was PDP in power since 1970?
It is obvious you had a very poor standard of elementary education?

1 Like

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by DOTian: 11:11am On Oct 18, 2021
So?
It took one Chukwuma Nzeogwu just 30 minutes to demolish the irritating caliphate! They started misbehaving as they're doing today, so the Okpanam wizkid did the needful! just 30 minutes of serving them what they used to serve others; violence! Dude violated them beyond measure. Got them on their knees begging for air. You guys had your freedom..... BUT..

It will then take the rest of you inebriated tribes another 30 months to roll back all the gains and freedom that came with Nzeogwus fearless displays on January 15th 1966... You misjudged as usual and were fooled into fighting your saviours as if they were your enemies. That's how a wandering race of barely educated herders became the biggest topic in the politics of the largest black nation for close to a century..

Go to igangan via Ibarappa, Southern Kaduna and Plautue, Agatu and Kogi and the rest to see how that decision made by your fathers is working out "great" today..

3 Likes

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by effort1: 11:59am On Oct 18, 2021
Manq:
Core northerners made a big mistake by letting the Fulani in

They entered as peaceful Muslims, but plotted a coup against the Hausas. That was how they entered.

That's exactly what they did in Ilorin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by louqas: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2021
Unseen:

I was in secondary school in 1997 and i did history ....i didnt even have a choice in my school it was compulsory for all art students while i have friends in other school that never did history....in some schools you have a choice of chosing either government or history.
Now let me tell you what really happened....in recent years some people for political reasons started peddling the lies that history was removed from secondary school curriculum so the new generation will not know history especially the civil war history.....history was never removed, students obviously preferred government to history coupled with low manpower....many schools simply stopped offering it.
i was only replying to the insinuation that it was an Apc thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by christistruth01: 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
onumadu:

Another thing was that the Fulani Horses were useless at Night Warfare because they couldn't see where they were going

The Battle of Osogbo in which the Yorubas defeated the Fulani Jihad took place at Midnight and hundreds of their Horses and riders were Captured and Killed

4 Likes

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by System202: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
Fulani will always be ur nightmare, ur headache
Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by Ovamboland(m): 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:

I wonder where he schooled on the 70's an wasn't taught history, we learnt about Numgo Park, Lander brothers, Mary Slessor, Davif Livingstone, Oba Kosoko, Dosunmu and Ajayi Crowther and his son Johnson who translated ENglsh bible to local languages

1 Like

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by Ovamboland(m): 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
louqas:

I was in secondary school in 1997 and i did history ....i didnt even have a choice in my school it was compulsory for all art students while i have friends in other school that never did history....in some schools you have a choice of chosing either government or history.
Now let me tell you what really happened....in recent years some people for political reasons started peddling the lies that history was removed from secondary school curriculum so the new generation will not know history especially the civil war history.....history was never removed, students obviously preferred government to history coupled with low manpower....many schools simply stopped offering it.

History was taught as a subject right from primary school

1 Like

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by Unseen(m): 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:

You that received high standard of education can you provide the curriculum used for you so that people like myself with poor standard of education can see how PDP regime abolished History in 1999.

Indomie generations born after military regime
Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by Unseen(m): 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
louqas:

My 6 can be your 9 while your 9 can be my 6.
Like you said you have friends that never did history.

Let me tell you now that it wasn't in the curriculum for us to choose.
It was Social Studies and later Government.

That doesn't make anybody's education poor as one toddler insinuated
Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by valirex: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2021
The Fulani I believe would have waged war against all tribes in the South in the 1800s.

The Great Ọba Esigie of Benin Empire defeated Uthman Dan fodio

1 Like

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
Those pagan have history but I ask the igbo, where is your history and civilization?
Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by onumadu: 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
pacino26:

That "pagan tribe" angle to the story was what attracted me to the story.
I didn't want this to degenerate into Christian vs Muslim thingy, thereby diverting from the key point of the story, which is that a small AFRICAN (black) tribesmen defeated a quasi-Arabian army with ease. Defeating 60,000 of them in one fell swoop and they ran back to Sokoto! lol
That is why I said I now understand how they couldn't conquer the southern tribes. They would have met HELL in Igboland where men fought with heart. grin
Their horses would have been useless in the tropical jungles of eastern Nigeria, and men would have eaten them alive there. lol

2 Likes

Re: How Small Pagan Village Defeated Sultan Bello's Fulani Army Of 60,000 In 1826 by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
onumadu:

That "pagan tribe" angle to the story was what attracted me to the story.
I didn't want this to degenerate into Christian vs Muslim thingy, thereby diverting from the key point of the story, which is that a small AFRICAN (black) tribesmen defeated a quasi-Arabian army with ease. Defeating 60,000 of them in one fell swoop and they ran back to Sokoto! lol
That is why I said I now understand how they couldn't conquer the southern tribes. They would have met HELL in Igboland where men fought with heart. grin
Their horses would have been useless in the tropical jungles of eastern Nigeria, and men would have eaten them alive there. lol

My brother leave chest beating, we would have been Muslims today if not for the Oba's army.

An organised army in the tens of thousands vs scattered hamlets...we would have stood no chance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Sent Me 100k (screenshots) / Breaking; APC Regrets Picking Tinubu, Talks About His Heath & National Rejection / The Political Sophistication Of The Yoruba Is Light Years Ahead - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.