Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? (15019 Views)

How Do I Install Google Play Services In Gionee 5005l / 6 DANGEROUS Android Apps You Need To Uninstall Right Now! Number 1'll Shock You / Installation Of Google Play Services On Phones That Didn't Come With Playstore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Jacku: 8:50am On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:
I want to know if it is safe to delete Google play services. The app keeps running in my background and using 40% of my ram.
I can't optimize or force stop it because apparently infinix made it untouchable undecided

I've used Adb command to uninstall phone master, YouTube go, as well as other useless & pathetic follow-come apps

The reason why I haven't done the same with Google play services is because some claim all Google apps are linked to it. Will Google Chrome, playstore, Gmail and other relevant Google apps work without it?

Tnx in advance
dont delete it.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by naturefellow(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2021
bigjackass:
what will you now be using your phone to do undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Olam09(m): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:
I want to know if it is safe to delete Google play services. The app keeps running in my background and using 40% of my ram.
I can't optimize or force stop it because apparently infinix made it untouchable undecided

I've used Adb command to uninstall phone master, YouTube go, as well as other useless & pathetic follow-come apps

The reason why I haven't done the same with Google play services is because some claim all Google apps are linked to it. Will Google Chrome, playstore, Gmail and other relevant Google apps work without it?

Tnx in advance
If to say na Samsung you dey use you no suppose worry about this.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Drunkard1: 9:01am On Oct 19, 2021
MartinsD12:

Saving two years to buy which brand?
the brand with best quality at ur range at that time.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Kewtt: 9:01am On Oct 19, 2021
Olam09:

If to say na Samsung you dey use you no suppose worry about t his.
You meant Xiaomi?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by femi4: 9:03am On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Tnx in advance
If you LL not deal with Google products again
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by smasher1(m): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2021
OkukoIgbo:

Move what to front page?
Bro a simple google used have saved you this precious energy though not that am saying that I won't blame you especially since you are a transion user.

But, without google play services, anything related to most android core apps will be forced closing, okay in simple terms, Google Play Services is a layer of software that connects your apps, Google services, and Android together. It runs in the background of your Android device at all times and manages things like your push notifications, whenever an app wants your location, and other day-to-day stuff like that. Google Play services is used to update Google apps and apps from Google Play. This component provides core functionality like authentication to your Google.

Another thing is, this is what we keep telling transion users about, transion will make you lazy not to seek for more information /truth about what you bought, that is why they will build four cameras, only one will be functional and they will use english and adobe photoshop to confuse their fans, they will use 2016 SOC on a 2021 flag ship phone, due to they know their fans are tech illiterates will use unverified tech jargons to glorify the thing. The worst is techno, and I did challenge one of their marketers but since then its like the marketers network is doing midterm break.

Remember all through my statements I didn't yab transion just telling you the truth that if to say you were technologically literate, you shouldn't have asked this question this way. Thank you.

Some other phones like Samsung have some of what you wrote here. I bought a Samsung phone A80 for almost 200k in 2019, only to discover last month that it's a 3G phone. By the way, the Samsung battery was terrible compared to Transion phones of five years ago. No wonder my glo don't work well with it. A 2016 average transion phone has 4G. So, if you don't look well, you'll be cool with your high end phone, not knowing the obvious disadvantages. I sold it and bought a tecno phone camon 17 pro within a week of discovery for less than the price of the Samsung. My conclusion, if you are not buying the highest Samsung like 5G S21 currently going for about 580k, you are going to get inferior things in the lower versions. Let's talk about chargers, in two years, I bought about three original samsung chargers and three fake ones. For my tecno, I Don't buy even one charger. This i have seen over time.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by RichAbujaGuy: 9:03am On Oct 19, 2021
Op, a while back someone suggested turning our phones off for a while to save the battery and disengage nuisance apps. You can also go into settings/apps and disable many non-used apps.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Finnese001: 9:04am On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Na money wey pesin no get make me dey use infinix. Very useless phone.
I'm targeting a xiaomi already.

Oga it depend the Infinix that you're using

No go buy hot series and come here to badmouth Infinix. Have you tried their zero series?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by emae009(m): 9:07am On Oct 19, 2021
this post just exposes the ignorance of so many people. The same superior Android people that'll rush on an iPhone post and comment what they don't know.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Olam09(m): 9:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Kewtt:

You meant Xiaomi?
I mean Samsung galaxy phones
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by seyz91(m): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2021
see question

just like God giving you a new bouncing baby boy and Asking is it safe to cut off his dick Completely immediately after birth

undecided

whats a baby boy without a dick

undecided undecided
MangekyoAlt:

Tnx in advance
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by TechNana(f): 9:13am On Oct 19, 2021
Download this UI app and keep updated with what's up with your phone directly anytime...

I'm using a 8GB ram powered phone though

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Fash20: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2021
can you even do that?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Fash20: 9:18am On Oct 19, 2021
What app is this?
TechNana:
Download this UI app and keep updated with what's up with your phone directly anytime...

I'm using a 8GB ram powered phone though
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 19, 2021
I stop reading when I saw Infinix
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 19, 2021
Just manage the phone bros
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Lightorder: 9:26am On Oct 19, 2021
ouvredeparis:
The name of the app has said it all.... "Services"..... If anything goes wrong with the app... Forget about Google services on your phone.... More like buying Huawei without Google play services... You'll have to sideload Google play services
if you tamper it, nothing connected to google will work. I am talking from personal experience

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Holuwaxheun(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

the app is taking too much memory na....and battery sef. That is unacceptable.
Meanwhile, I just want to know if chrome & Gmail would still work "properly" after permanently deleting it. The app dey annoying

Once u remove G playservice app, every other Google-related apps - Gmail, Playstore, Chrome, will not work on ur phone. Do not be surprised that youtube wont work well self.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by markbidex: 9:33am On Oct 19, 2021
Rooting is the only way you can uninstall Google apps if u know ur Gmail, playstore won't function anymore and u know ur phone locks secure with ur Gmail so think well

And plz wats adb I need wat will enable useless apps too on my htc
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by MangekyoAlt: 9:53am On Oct 19, 2021
NGArmyTerrorist:
Are you running go edition Android OS (Oreo 8.0/8.1?
Android 9
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Flamees(m): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2021
omoadeleye:

Mine self, it's good to use a phone that's efficient and effective in operation, i recommend Xiaomi phones, most especially their new ROM version 12.5 that only focus on performances now instead of unnecessary features
Does it mean that olay services is not in your phone?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 19, 2021
Only Google chrome will work. Others will require Google play services.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by MangekyoAlt: 9:56am On Oct 19, 2021
Niceiroko:

I will report you how can you talk of space mannnnn! Leave us in peace
My Rom is 30Gb
I was talking about my Ram
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 19, 2021
Holuwaxheun:

Once u remove G playservice app, every other Google-related apps - Gmail, Playstore, Chrome, will not work on ur phone. Do not be surprised that youtube wont work well self.
chrome will still work despite the deletion of the G play services
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by angelfallz(m): 9:59am On Oct 19, 2021
The problem is your phone. You would need to change your phone. Google play services is essential in an android phone.

MangekyoAlt:

the app is taking too much memory na....and battery sef. That is unacceptable.
Meanwhile, I just want to know if chrome & Gmail would still work "properly" after permanently deleting it. The app dey annoying
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by angelfallz(m): 10:06am On Oct 19, 2021
Why not buy a nokia phone or google pixel or a samsung phone that comes with stock android? Nokia phones come with stock android.
Stock android is the original OS that has not be pimped by phone manufacturers. Phone manufacturers love-vendor the original android OS so that they can add their own apps and services, (which can lead to bloatware on your phone). That is why many phones like infinix, xiaomi, tecno, most samsung phones etc always come with so many apps that you would end up not using at all.

Buy a phone that comes with stock android, it is the best.

MangekyoAlt:

Na money wey pesin no get make me dey use infinix. Very useless phone.
I'm targeting a xiaomi already.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by angelfallz(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2021
Next time you are buying a phone, buy a phone that comes with stock android.

DAramis:

The quoted, how did you do it? I need to delete some useless apps occupying my phone.

I really need to free some spaces.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:09am On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Android 9
Okay! Oreo is somehow difficult to root but I haven't tried rooting Android 9 before.
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by Oyiboman69: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2021
mhmsadyq:
Root the phone. Remove all useless system apps, including google play services. Remove the root if you like, then then download and install google play services again. This time it will be a user app, therefore you can manipulate it as you choose.

Note: Be careful not to remove essential system apps.
do mean, in the process of rooting or what?
Re: Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? by melodyogonna(m): 10:27am On Oct 19, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Tnx in advance
Free RAM is useless to the computer, the computer will try to use as much memory as possible to make the system faster, the ones used for stuffs like caching will be freed when the system requires it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which App Takes Most Of Your Data / How To Open Whatsapp With U.S.A Number / How To Change Your Lost 2go Number To Your Current One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.